What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IF Gates is active... (1 Viewer)

ace_spaid

Footballguy
If Gates is active tomorrow would Gates owners play him or sit him? and what are the other options you would sit him for?

Normal week.......you play him.

But with the Bye next week, there's a chance we could see him suit up and then be shut down due to re-injury or game out of hand.

I have Tamme starting at the moment. If Gates starts... I really dont know, ill most likely start Gates and see what happens.

If he plays you start him, period.

You'd have to have exceptional TE depth to consider benching him, especially with as many people near his level being injured, or on bye.

Finley, Dallas Clark, Vernon Davis, Cooley, Marcedes Lewis all won't be playing this week.

I would play a healthy TAMME over GATES....im not sure everyone realizes how much the COLTS use the TE...with or without Clark. My options are HEAP or Visante Shainco? Would you play either over an injured Gates?

I don't have him, but if I did and and he was active, I'd start him without blinking. They are either going to rest him or run the game through him. They aren't going to shoot him up, suit him up, then sit him.

Lil bit trickier for me as I have Gates in a non mandatory TE league.

If he plays I think I have to roll the dice with him at flex over guys like Tolbert and Celek.

I won't be near a computer for much of the day (gotta leave around 10 in the morning and won't be back till late afternoon), so I am probably gonna bench him in both leagues I have him, unless he gets a huge vote of confidence early tomorrow, which I am not expecting.

I won't be near a computer for much of the day (gotta leave around 10 in the morning and won't be back till late afternoon), so I am probably gonna bench him in both leagues I have him, unless he gets a huge vote of confidence early tomorrow, which I am not expecting.
nobody you trust to start him for u if he plays?

I'll probably put him back in the lineup over Hernandez if he's active (non PPR), although it's not a no brainer. I'm a bit worried about him being pulled from the game early to rest up for after the bye.

If Gates is active, he's in my lineup. I've had no backup to him all year, so I picked up Olsen just in case. :headbang:

I really won't be near anything that will be able to give me the updates I need, and usually when someone comes to down to being a game time decision, I go with my gut, and it is hard to get that gut feeling without seeing or reading my updates personally. I almost always would rather err on the side of caution in these instances. I am in really good shape in both leagues, so neither is like a must-win.

Seems like Tamme is the consistent Plan B for Gates owners. I have Gates in one league and also have Tamme and Mercedes Lewis (who I have no clue why was still available on waivers this week). I'm not sure what to do if Gates plays, Tamme looked good last week but Gates still managed to score a TD in his last game with an injury. This is one of the tougher lineup decisions I've been faced with all year.

I'll probably put him back in the lineup over Hernandez if he's active (non PPR), although it's not a no brainer. I'm a bit worried about him being pulled from the game early to rest up for after the bye.
I also have Hernandez in right now (PPR). I think I have to put Gates in if he's active. I also don't understand the logic of SD playing him but then pulling him to "rest him for the bye". Can't imagine that happening.

I think if Gates plays, you have to put him in. My backup is Marcedes Lewis so obviously I'm really hoping Gates goes today. If he doesn't, I may or may not pick up a 3rd TE as a fill-in. It is nice that he's playing at 1:00 for a change. At least we'll have complete information upon which to base a decision.

I really won't be near anything that will be able to give me the updates I need, and usually when someone comes to down to being a game time decision, I go with my gut, and it is hard to get that gut feeling without seeing or reading my updates personally. I almost always would rather err on the side of caution in these instances. I am in really good shape in both leagues, so neither is like a must-win.
I think this is a pretty common thread with Gates owners. He's such a huge advantage.

TE Non-mandatory PPR league. I'm starting Dez Bryant over Gates this week. Just don't have a feeling he will factor much. In 2-weeks he will return to tearing things up.

I am not sure if I will play him if he is active

Sabertooth is right about Gates owners. Most have winning records. I have A Hernandez so I have a plug in

My major concern is him leaving the game early.

I don't have a great flex option and can start 2 TEs so I will be monitoring this closely

Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee believes TE Antonio Gates (doubtful, toe) will play Sunday against Houston

This is all I could find this am. I am back and forth on this...a couple weeks ago he played but didn't have a single target until the 4th qtr...still ended up with a td and some decent yards on like 3 targets though.

Tough decision.

Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee believes TE Antonio Gates (doubtful, toe) will play Sunday against HoustonThis is all I could find this am. I am back and forth on this...a couple weeks ago he played but didn't have a single target until the 4th qtr...still ended up with a td and some decent yards on like 3 targets though.Tough decision.
If he is playing then you gotta roll with him...they wouldn't play him if he couldn't be somewhat effective. Gates at 75% is still better than most tight ends and he will get targets given their options right now.

I also have Hernandez in right now (PPR). I think I have to put Gates in if he's active. I also don't understand the logic of SD playing him but then pulling him to "rest him for the bye". Can't imagine that happening.
you go with Hernandez here pretty much no matter what

The Chargers head into a critical game with one of their most critical players ailing.

Tight end Antonio Gates is slowed by three different injuries — a toe, ankle and plantar fasciitis — and could be down on Sunday in Houston.

Or, like he has the past two weeks, he will trot out Sunday after not practicing during the week and be productive. He was listed as doubtful on Friday's injury report following his third consecutive missed day of practice.

Gates is ailing. But so are the Chargers. And they can ill afford to fall to 3-6 by losing to Houston if Gates doesn't play.

There is no guarantee the Chargers would win for the first time in five road games if Gates did play. But there's little doubt that the offense needs Gates. He leads the NFL with nine touchdown receptions.

Or would the Chargers be better served to let Gates continue to rest his injuries and then extend the down time heading into the bye week? That could give Gates roughly 14 days of not putting pressure on his feet. That might put him, and the Chargers, in a better position for a second-half run.

But the Chargers, at 3-5, are running out of time. That is why Sunday presents a dilemma.

Gates is such a gamer that he will try to go — no matter how compromised he might be.

But should the Chargers resist taking advantage of his competitive urge by making sure Gates is right for the second half?

The answer might not come until near game time.

If Gates does play, don't underestimate him — even if he is quiet early in the game. The last two weeks he has eased into the mix and contributed nine receptions for 173 yards and two scores.

If Gates can't go, the Chargers turn to Randy McMichael and Kris Wilson. Between them they have eight catches for 87 yards.

:confused:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...rgers/notes.htm

I lost 2 weeks ago when I sat him - not sure I want to make that mistake again today. I can start 2 of Gates, Celek, and Michael Bush today.

If he's playing, i rather get another 1.2 pts and lose, than lose because I started Ben Watson and he gave me 6pts when Gates gets 20pts

starting him if he plays. other option is Dressel...with the chance that Daniels is out...still think Gates is the play.

Can't believe what's happened to what was a deep TE position this year. I think in leagues where I own Tamme I'm just sitting Gates figuring he may be a decoy and Tamme projects as a safe upside TE1 for awhile. In leagues where my other TE options are less appealing I'll probably run with him unless they announce something prior to game time. This could be a game he goes for 150-3 but could very easy be a 0.

It's not even worth debating if he plays you play him period. These are the players that have scored more than Gates YTD PPR

Foster

Gore

the top 5 qb's

yes he hasnt had his bye, but you are crazy to sit him.

With Gates inactive my backup is Moeaki. Can't say I'm comfortable with him. Thinking about dropping him and picking up Dressen since Daniels is out.

Anybody think it's worth plugging in McMichael? Will he pick up the slack, or will Rivers just force the ball to Crayton and Seyi?

I am thinking Sproles, gets a good bump with Gates out and all the WR injuries. I am tempted to start Sproles over Wells today

Users who are viewing this thread