What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If OBJ signed w Cleveland (1 Viewer)

:lmao: That was my favorite too.

Oh wait you were serious? :lmao:

This thread is fantastic. 
Yeah, I can't wait until Le'veon Bell gets traded later tonight. 

It's not semantics when the word you use means an entirely different thing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just catching up. We talked about this hypothetically, like we talk about everything in early March.

Now it's happened. I don't think anyone is shocked are they? 

Looks like a great move for Cleveland. I personally don't see it as robbery like many do but that will depend totally depend on what the Giants do with the 1st and the 3rd. 

Clearly for Cleveland now it's a big boost. 

Remember when @Deamon had a source who told him Calvin Johnson was gonna retire? This is the most entertained I've been on a single thread since.
I'm late to this thread but not sure I see the relation here.

That Megatron rumor was something that literally no one else was reporting that came clear out of the blue with no hints to it at all otherwise and was basically the call of the century.

This was about a trade that had been rumored and posted about ad nauseum all over twitter by every beat writer in existence.  I've only read through page 1 of this thread but it looks like it was mostly split between people answering the question seriously and people making fun of the semantics of "sign" vs. "trade". 

Congratulations to @Soulfly3 and this thread. Hope that this season is all you have been looking for with the Browns! Brown's fans definitely deserve this kind of off-season and good luck extending the off-season onto to the field in September. This team will be in prime time early and often.

Just catching up. We talked about this hypothetically, like we talk about everything in early March.

Now it's happened. I don't think anyone is shocked are they? 

Looks like a great move for Cleveland. I personally don't see it as robbery like many do but that will depend totally depend on what the Giants do with the 1st and the 3rd. 

Clearly for Cleveland now it's a big boost. 
Giants fill out defense with two picks acquired in Odell Beckham trade  

We now know what the end result of the trade that sent superstar wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. from the New York Giants to the Cleveland Browns is.

The Giants traded Beckham last month to the Browns in exchange for safety Jabrill Peppers, a first round pick (No. 17) and a third round pick(No. 95).

On Thursday night, in Round 1, the Giants selected massive Clemson defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence with the 17th overall selection. In Round 3, they added Old Dominion edge rusher Oshane Ximines with the 95th selection.
Cleveland Browns

• WR Odell Beckham Jr.
New York Giants

• SS Julius Peppers
  • DT Dexter Lawrence
  • EDGE Oshane Ximines
... Gettleman said. "To move Odell, the other team was going to have to knock it out of the park. We were not actively shopping him. For us to get Peppers, who we think is going to be a very good safety in this league ... to get another (first-round pick) this year, to get that value in this draft and a third (round pick) ... it was too much to pass up. Too much value for us."

------------------------------------------------

The picks have been made.  

Giants fill out defense with two picks acquired in Odell Beckham trade  

Cleveland Browns

• WR Odell Beckham Jr.
New York Giants

• SS Julius Peppers
  • DT Dexter Lawrence
  • EDGE Oshane Ximines
... Gettleman said. "To move Odell, the other team was going to have to knock it out of the park. We were not actively shopping him. For us to get Peppers, who we think is going to be a very good safety in this league ... to get another (first-round pick) this year, to get that value in this draft and a third (round pick) ... it was too much to pass up. Too much value for us."

------------------------------------------------

The picks have been made.  
It doesn't matter, at all, but it would have been nice if they took a receiver with one of those picks just for lazy analysis. 

It doesn't matter, at all, but it would have been nice if they took a receiver with one of those picks just for lazy analysis. 
I think Gettleman would not have wanted a WR to WR comparison with OBJ.  I don't think he wanted to gamble with the #17 he got from Cleveland because he knew that would define the deal.  IOWs he wasn't swing for the fences but got a solid knock single to left field with the Dexter Lawrence pick that will keep 'some' of the heat off of him and he can point to the 'OK' play of Peppers and/or flaunt any outbursts/injury to OBJ but I don't think he'd want a WR to WR comparison to haunt him so I think he went with a 'safe' pick in Dexter.

Post NFL draft this place   :tumbleweed:  and their is too much information to process all at once but was curious what Joe thinks now that the dust is settling and the picks have been made since we know what OBJ and Peppers have done and we know what role Dex will fill and can factor in 'potential' of X to a 'reasonable' approximation.  

Meant for discussion. Think it some serious offseason potential during slow forum times. 

If odell signed w CLE, the offense would look like this

Mayfield

Chubb, Hunt, Duke

Obj, landry, callaway, higgins, perriman

Njoku

On paper, is this the most potent complete offense of the past 15yrs? 

(In no way implying it will be historic, it could easily flop. Just on paper. Strictly)
Flop indeed. 

Chubb is great. Hunt looked pretty good.  Talent is there.

But they really need a coach. 

Users who are viewing this thread