What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you died suddenly, how many people would really miss you? (1 Viewer)

Less than 5. Lots would cry and wail and freak out at the funeral, but only because my family is insane. I think the total number of human beings whose daily life would actually be affected because of my death, and not just my not showing up at work, would probably be 3 at most.

Less than 5. Lots would cry and wail and freak out at the funeral, but only because my family is insane. I think the total number of human beings whose daily life would actually be affected because of my death, and not just my not showing up at work, would probably be 3 at most.
Wife, daughter and mom. That's it.

Don't forget Em.

This is close to where I am at, although I would say a little more than 5, more like 7-12 range.

I do think I would have a large amount of people at my funeral. I do think a lot of people would be deeply saddened by my passing, however I don't see me having the kind of closeness with more than a few friends and family members that would warrant someone grieving for me.

I'd have a good turnout for my wake but only because of Facebook. It would be more of a reunion of old friends but that would be cool. About a dozen or so people would actually be upset but it would probably only really affect my wife and my mom.

Definitely more now than had I answered this in 2008. Made a few changes in my life that have done wonders for every aspect of it.

6-ish. Kids, parents, sisters. My friends would talk about some of the #### I've done for years, but I don't know if that is considered "missing" someone. :shrug:

At my age, less than 50, it would probably be packed. Where I live in the Midwest, if someone dies suddenly at a young age a lot of people show up it seems. I don't know if its because of the tragic nature or if you die older you have less people affected by your death. Also, being a business owner and doctor in a rural area where everyone knows you would I think increase attendance. I feel very weird talking about this though.

At my age, less than 50, it would probably be packed. Where I live in the Midwest, if someone dies suddenly at a young age a lot of people show up it seems. I don't know if its because of the tragic nature or if you die older you have less people affected by your death. Also, being a business owner and doctor in a rural area where everyone knows you would I think increase attendance. I feel very weird talking about this though.
For some reason you seem like a soft spoken person. Those people are usually missed the most.

Serious answer is close to 50. 30 or so of that is family (including some steps and in-laws) and the rest would be close friends. That number is enlarged because a lot of our friends have families, so its not just my GB's who would be upset, but their wives and kids who spend a lot of time with my wife and kids.

Family briefly, mostly during holidays. And that would fade over time. Life is but a vapor, a brief moment in time. Sorry to say, but very few people are remembered after of two generations.

How do you define miss? Like spending years being shaken by the loss or crying and mourning for a couple weeks?

Family briefly, mostly during holidays. And that would fade over time. Life is but a vapor, a brief moment in time. Sorry to say, but very few people are remembered after of two generations.
i agree with this to a point.....you may not miss the person, but the act of dying shapes ones being. for instance, you may be touched by the loss of a loved one enough to start a charitable endeavour that keeps that person's memory going for years to come. perhaps a scholarship that helps those with schooling. maybe they remember.

loss has shaped me and forced/enabled/dictated that i not forget, rather pass down memories for those to share.

are they my memories or experiences? no. but you find giving and changing your essence will shape actions of others thru eternity.

its in my will that my wife is to post nude pictures of herself on this forum when i go, so you guys will know. i wont get to enjoy it anymore, but the rest of you might as well.

How do you define miss? Like spending years being shaken by the loss or crying and mourning for a couple weeks?
I would hope that even my wife doesn't spend years being shaken by my dying. Life is too short for that.

Scoresman said:
its in my will that my wife is to post nude pictures of herself on this forum when i go, so you guys will know. i wont get to enjoy it anymore, but the rest of you might as well.
Try not to hang on too long.

jamny said:
Ilov80s said:
I would hope that even my wife doesn't spend years being shaken by my dying. Life is too short for that.
I don't mean shaken as in it impedes your existence, but if my wife or dad or someone that close died, it would stay with me forever. I could move on, but there would always be things that reminded me of my loss.

Chemical X said:
32 Counter Pass said:
i agree with this to a point.....you may not miss the person, but the act of dying shapes ones being. for instance, you may be touched by the loss of a loved one enough to start a charitable endeavour that keeps that person's memory going for years to come. perhaps a scholarship that helps those with schooling. maybe they remember. loss has shaped me and forced/enabled/dictated that i not forget, rather pass down memories for those to share.

are they my memories or experiences? no. but you find giving and changing your essence will shape actions of others thru eternity.
I am having problems with this deep, thoughtful chemical x.

Users who are viewing this thread