What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm going to start a Cigar company. Follow me here (1 Viewer)

KGB

Footballguy
One of my customers from business #1 owns a company and part of that company has designers. Hired him to make logo.
Once logo is made I will set up a landing page, instagram and twitter. maybe facebook too. probably.

They are swamped and it will take a few weeks. Also my partners are going out of country for a few weeks.

The cigar business is a slow moving biz anyways. So no rush, especially considering this is more of a passion project.

$12 - Domain name
$383 - LLC and EIN
$250 - Logo Design friend price

$645 - Total

KGB

Footballguy
Small update #1.

Crypto/nft thing = gone.
Spoke with some people and no one really interested or excited. No biggie. It was just a marketing idea.

The process of how we procure the sticks, import, etc is still the same.

I have new idea for logo/marketing and very excited to show it here.

Hoping to be able to share a landing page in 1 month.

Working out details, but pretty sure we have our first batch locked and loaded.

Houston, we are a go.

KGB

Footballguy
You are rebranding cigars made overseas?
Each release will be a different scenario.

Company 1 is blending Thier own blend and ordering from 1 of the big cigar guys typically Nicaragua or Dominican Republic.

My first release is going to be overstock directly from the factory that I will brand, import, sick period, and have the ability to legally distribute in the US. So I'll be taking a 15 or $20 stick, branding it and selling it for less.

At least that's what I'm looking into for stick 1.

This is a fun hobby company. Not looking to make bank. It's very exciting and fun so far🙌

MTskibum

Footballguy
You are rebranding cigars made overseas?

Company 1 is blending Thier own blend and ordering from 1 of the big cigar guys typically Nicaragua or Dominican Republic.

My first release is going to be overstock directly from the factory that I will brand, import, sick period, and have the ability to legally distribute in the US. So I'll be taking a 15 or $20 stick, branding it and selling it for less.

This is a fun hobby company. Not looking to make bank. It's very exciting and fun so far🙌

Thanks, I was curious how you were doing it.

Reactions: KGB

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member

Thanks. Sounds interesting.

Poke_4_Life

Footballguy
Are there any peculiar laws about shipping tobacco to various states? I know this is a problem w/ wine/booze, just wondering if there are issues with tobacco.

Accordingly, are their weird tax implications? I know my state loves to increase taxes on cigarette packs. Do cigars have the same tax implication?

KGB

Footballguy
Are there any peculiar laws about shipping tobacco to various states? I know this is a problem w/ wine/booze, just wondering if there are issues with tobacco.

Accordingly, are their weird tax implications? I know my state loves to increase taxes on cigarette packs. Do cigars have the same tax implication?
YES! Getting it imported to the US is 1 issue, and shipping to the different states is a ton of headaches too. This is not an easy biz to break into.

Not sure how the tax works yet, but my partners do.

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Not sure how the tax works yet, but my partners do.

Not that you're asking for advice but I'd get SUPER clear on that. And be clear on who comes up with back taxes in case there is an error in calculating / paying taxes up front.

Users who are viewing this thread