What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm going to start a Cigar company. Follow me here (1 Viewer)

One of my customers from business #1 owns a company and part of that company has designers. Hired him to make logo.
Once logo is made I will set up a landing page, instagram and twitter. maybe facebook too. probably.

They are swamped and it will take a few weeks. Also my partners are going out of country for a few weeks.

The cigar business is a slow moving biz anyways. So no rush, especially considering this is more of a passion project.

$12 - Domain name
$383 - LLC and EIN
$250 - Logo Design friend price

$645 - Total

Small update #1.

Crypto/nft thing = gone.
Spoke with some people and no one really interested or excited. No biggie. It was just a marketing idea.

The process of how we procure the sticks, import, etc is still the same.

I have new idea for logo/marketing and very excited to show it here.

Hoping to be able to share a landing page in 1 month.

Working out details, but pretty sure we have our first batch locked and loaded.

Houston, we are a go.

You are rebranding cigars made overseas?
Each release will be a different scenario.

Company 1 is blending Thier own blend and ordering from 1 of the big cigar guys typically Nicaragua or Dominican Republic.

My first release is going to be overstock directly from the factory that I will brand, import, sick period, and have the ability to legally distribute in the US. So I'll be taking a 15 or $20 stick, branding it and selling it for less.

At least that's what I'm looking into for stick 1.

This is a fun hobby company. Not looking to make bank. It's very exciting and fun so far🙌

You are rebranding cigars made overseas?

Company 1 is blending Thier own blend and ordering from 1 of the big cigar guys typically Nicaragua or Dominican Republic.

My first release is going to be overstock directly from the factory that I will brand, import, sick period, and have the ability to legally distribute in the US. So I'll be taking a 15 or $20 stick, branding it and selling it for less.

This is a fun hobby company. Not looking to make bank. It's very exciting and fun so far🙌

Thanks, I was curious how you were doing it.

Reactions: KGB

Thanks. Sounds interesting.

Are there any peculiar laws about shipping tobacco to various states? I know this is a problem w/ wine/booze, just wondering if there are issues with tobacco.

Accordingly, are their weird tax implications? I know my state loves to increase taxes on cigarette packs. Do cigars have the same tax implication?

Are there any peculiar laws about shipping tobacco to various states? I know this is a problem w/ wine/booze, just wondering if there are issues with tobacco.

Accordingly, are their weird tax implications? I know my state loves to increase taxes on cigarette packs. Do cigars have the same tax implication?
YES! Getting it imported to the US is 1 issue, and shipping to the different states is a ton of headaches too. This is not an easy biz to break into.

Not sure how the tax works yet, but my partners do.

Not sure how the tax works yet, but my partners do.

Not that you're asking for advice but I'd get SUPER clear on that. And be clear on who comes up with back taxes in case there is an error in calculating / paying taxes up front.

Still same plan as far as securing the cigars. much different plan for marketing. I wasnt really sold on the crypto thing even though it was my idea.

I'm liking the new way we are headed. also my idea. \

I will for sure do a FBG giveaway :popcorn: :banned:

bro1ncos
eoMMan
-Fish-
Brownsfan
Rustoleum
Neal Cassady

just a list for me. Thank you

Last edited:
bro1ncos
eoMMan
-Fish-
Brownsfan
Rustoleum
Neal Cassady
Hawks64
Poke_4_Life
The gator
Steve Tasker

Although I spoke with partners tonight about our list of peeps (I think they were surprised I had friends) and what they suggested we give away was above my expectations. :banned:

Last edited:
$12 - Domain name
$383 - LLC and EIN
$250 - Logo Design friend price (changed mind on entire oputlook)
$52.75 - fivver logo dude 1
$16.24 + tip Fivver option #2

$713 - Total

bro1ncos
eoMMan
-Fish-
Brownsfan
Rustoleum
Neal Cassady
Hawks64
Poke_4_Life
The gator
Steve Tasker

Although I spoke with partners tonight about our list of peeps (I think they were surprised I had friends) and what they suggested we give away was above my expectations. :banned:
Thank you all.

I'll be doing an early adoption drawing from this list, unless I missed someone.

Then on launch do another 😊

bro1ncos
eoMMan
-Fish-
Brownsfan
Rustoleum
Neal Cassady
Hawks64
Poke_4_Life
The gator
Steve Tasker

The OG 10. I like it.

Assuming everything goes well, The OG 10 will always get a hook up.

For today, I will update. My partners have some things going on and this is a slow moving biz. but things are moving forward.

I think we will have about 700 sticks and will sell about 500-600. selling in 5 packs only. I'll just be keeping the rest for fun or give aways and stuff. 1st stick is always pretty cool to have.

Next up, make a new skull for the 1st cigar and name it. Then boogie on. 1st skull is the company logo. each stick will have its own colors/style of skull.

The cigar has a good name blender. it will be dropped and we think we will sell out day 1 (y)

https://sugarskullcigars.com/ may not be the final website name. concerns about people thinking "sugar" will be in the cigars... Thoughts?

other name we own is http://torcedorecigars.com/ no site made yet.

Torcedor
A Torcedor is a highly skilled and specifically trained cigar roller. (but hard to pronounce?)

Im kinda thinking if people see our cigar and like it, what would they google?

I'd appreaciate feedback.

other option is Torcedor being the "big" company name and sugarskull being the cigar company name

Need some help here.

Also,

I took down the sign up form. If you want to be in cigar raffles with the OG10, please just message me on FBG

https://sugarskullcigars.com/ may not be the final website name. concerns about people thinking "sugar" will be in the cigars... Thoughts?

other name we own is http://torcedorecigars.com/ no site made yet.

Torcedor
A Torcedor is a highly skilled and specifically trained cigar roller. (but hard to pronounce?)

Im kinda thinking if people see our cigar and like it, what would they google?

I'd appreaciate feedback.

other option is Torcedor being the "big" company name and sugarskull being the cigar company name

Need some help here.
I like the uniqueness of Sugar Skull Cigars, and most people know what a sugar skull is.

Users who are viewing this thread