What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Moreno over ____________________ (1 Viewer)

I just put him in over Jamaal Charles, Ridley and SJax. Am I crazy?
I couldn't pull the trigger on that move. I maybe could do it over Ridley and SJax - but think Charles will outperform Moreno.
Yeah, I might still change it back. Problem is, I have TRich going in that game already. I'm having a hard time putting my playoff life on the line starting 2 players from a Cleveland vs KC game. I'm probably over thinking it.

I just put him in over Jamaal Charles, Ridley and SJax. Am I crazy?
I couldn't pull the trigger on that move. I maybe could do it over Ridley and SJax - but think Charles will outperform Moreno.
Yeah, I might still change it back. Problem is, I have TRich going in that game already. I'm having a hard time putting my playoff life on the line starting 2 players from a Cleveland vs KC game. I'm probably over thinking it.
That's funny you said that, the playoff matchup I have this weekend...I am playing Bryce and Martin. My opponent is playing Ray Rice and Alfred Morris.

As my flex......in 1/2 point per reception league..........starting Moreno over Ridley, Mathews, and Jimmy Graham (TE is combined with WR in my league........and I flip flopped all week on Moreno versus Graham).

Moreno has received 24 touches each game since taking over the lead back duties in Denver.

Players with a similar touch-per-game total vs. the Raiders this season:

- Reggie Bush (Week 2) - 31.7 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 197 Combined Yards, 2 TDs)

- Willis McGahee (Week 4) - 19.5 Fantasy Points (25 Touches, 135 Combined Yards, 1 TD)

- Rashad Jennings (Week 7) - 16.2 Fantasy Points (28 Touches, 102 Combined Yards, 1 TD)

- Doug Martin (Week 9) - 51.2 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 272 Combined Yards, 4 TDs)

- BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Week 12) - 19.8 Fantasy Points (20 Touches, 138 Combined Yards, 1 TD)

- Trent Richardson (Week 13) - 15.5 Fantasy Points (23 Touches, 95 Combined Yards, 1 TD)

That's good news against the league's 5th worst fantasy run defense (#1 in points allowed to RBs over the past 5 weeks). If terrible Rashad Jennings can deliver a quality fantasy performance despite running 2.1 yards per carry against these guys, Knowshon should be able to deliver.

* For those of you in PPR leagues, Moreno has caught 4 passes each week as well.

Moreno has received 24 touches each game since taking over the lead back duties in Denver.Players with a similar touch-per-game total vs. the Raiders this season:- Reggie Bush (Week 2) - 31.7 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 197 Combined Yards, 2 TDs)- Willis McGahee (Week 4) - 19.5 Fantasy Points (25 Touches, 135 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Rashad Jennings (Week 7) - 16.2 Fantasy Points (28 Touches, 102 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Doug Martin (Week 9) - 51.2 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 272 Combined Yards, 4 TDs)- BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Week 12) - 19.8 Fantasy Points (20 Touches, 138 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Trent Richardson (Week 13) - 15.5 Fantasy Points (23 Touches, 95 Combined Yards, 1 TD)That's good news against the league's 5th worst fantasy run defense (#1 in points allowed to RBs over the past 5 weeks). If terrible Rashad Jennings can deliver a quality fantasy performance despite running 2.1 yards per carry against these guys, Knowshon should be able to deliver.* For those of you in PPR leagues, Moreno has caught 4 passes each week as well.
dang. tough to sit those numbers. why did you do that.... :)

Moreno has received 24 touches each game since taking over the lead back duties in Denver.Players with a similar touch-per-game total vs. the Raiders this season:- Reggie Bush (Week 2) - 31.7 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 197 Combined Yards, 2 TDs)- Willis McGahee (Week 4) - 19.5 Fantasy Points (25 Touches, 135 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Rashad Jennings (Week 7) - 16.2 Fantasy Points (28 Touches, 102 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Doug Martin (Week 9) - 51.2 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 272 Combined Yards, 4 TDs)- BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Week 12) - 19.8 Fantasy Points (20 Touches, 138 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Trent Richardson (Week 13) - 15.5 Fantasy Points (23 Touches, 95 Combined Yards, 1 TD)That's good news against the league's 5th worst fantasy run defense (#1 in points allowed to RBs over the past 5 weeks). If terrible Rashad Jennings can deliver a quality fantasy performance despite running 2.1 yards per carry against these guys, Knowshon should be able to deliver.* For those of you in PPR leagues, Moreno has caught 4 passes each week as well.
dang. tough to sit those numbers. why did you do that.... :)
To make me feel better about him in my flex spot :lmao:

in my other league im going back an forth between bryce brown, ridley, moreno, j gordon, and ballard help please!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
in my other league im going back an forth between bryce brown, ridley, moreno, j gordon, and ballard help please!

Ppr playoffs and I've got him in over Mathews and sproles. Figured safer than sproles for the floor but worried sproles gets his this week.

Thanks,this sold it for me!! In a fight for a the last playoff spot and flexing Moreno over Sproles!

For what it's worth I've also got Moreno in over Sproles this week.

The lack of rushes for Sproles is one thing but Cadet vulturing kickoff return duties is draining his value in return-yardage formats as well.

Had a GL carry and couldn't punch it in. Granted he had no holes to run through but that sucked! That was our hot at a td.

Benched him last minute (literally) over Nicks who I hurt hurt himself at practice.

Still not sure about the call, but I'm OK with what Moreno did tonight.

Let me add one more line to my performance rundown from before the game...- Knowshon Moreno (Week 14) - 22.7 Fantasy Points (36 Touches, 167 Combined Yards, 1 TD)And as with the past two weeks, 4 pass completions.Enjoy the early lead, fellas! :thumbup:

Wow...much better than I expected for tonight. Ill take 22.70 pts in my flex! I am sure my opponent is not thrilled about that!

Let me add one more line to my performance rundown from before the game...- Knowshon Moreno (Week 14) - 22.7 Fantasy Points (36 Touches, 167 Combined Yards, 1 TD)And as with the past two weeks, 4 pass completions.Enjoy the early lead, fellas! :thumbup:
Outstanding research and Very :goodposting:

In one league my RB's sucked all year and I somehow barely got into the playoffs. I picked up Moreno and Bryce Brown and suddenly my team is looking strong. Those two pickups this late in the season have been huge.

Outstanding research and Very :goodposting:
Not much in the way of research here. Just a case of knowing when to trust the bad matchup regardless of talent.If an RB is being utilized a lot and not being ignored (like the Ravens ignored Rice when they played Oakland), this is pretty much easy money.Next week, the Raiders D faces off against Jamaal Charles.23 touches in Week 12. 31 touches in Week 13. Expect a MONSTER game.Week 16 is Carolina. Pray you're not facing the Newton owner.

i am so glad i started him in 2 leagues, kind of bummed i benched him in another, hey man, it's sll good, congrats moreno and his owners!

Went back and forth on it all week, but started him. Also started Myers though, so not completely out of the fire.

Users who are viewing this thread