What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Moreno over ____________________ (1 Viewer)

Had him benched for Shorts, Crabtree or Alex Green. Put him in after reading this thread. Thanks, thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moreno has received 24 touches each game since taking over the lead back duties in Denver.Players with a similar touch-per-game total vs. the Raiders this season:- Reggie Bush (Week 2) - 31.7 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 197 Combined Yards, 2 TDs)- Willis McGahee (Week 4) - 19.5 Fantasy Points (25 Touches, 135 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Rashad Jennings (Week 7) - 16.2 Fantasy Points (28 Touches, 102 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Doug Martin (Week 9) - 51.2 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 272 Combined Yards, 4 TDs)- BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Week 12) - 19.8 Fantasy Points (20 Touches, 138 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Trent Richardson (Week 13) - 15.5 Fantasy Points (23 Touches, 95 Combined Yards, 1 TD)That's good news against the league's 5th worst fantasy run defense (#1 in points allowed to RBs over the past 5 weeks). If terrible Rashad Jennings can deliver a quality fantasy performance despite running 2.1 yards per carry against these guys, Knowshon should be able to deliver.* For those of you in PPR leagues, Moreno has caught 4 passes each week as well.
Let me add one more line to my performance rundown from before the game...- Knowshon Moreno (Week 14) - 22.7 Fantasy Points (36 Touches, 167 Combined Yards, 1 TD)And as with the past two weeks, 4 pass completions.Enjoy the early lead, fellas! :thumbup:
I Had him in before reading this thread but just wanted to give ya props for this analysis. Don't recognize your name yet but ill be keeping an eye out for your posts going forward :thumbup:

In one league my RB's sucked all year and I somehow barely got into the playoffs. I picked up Moreno and Bryce Brown and suddenly my team is looking strong. Those two pickups this late in the season have been huge.
That's how championships are won.. rely too heavily on RB's in the regular season and they will burn you in the playoffs.. build a strong QB/WR/TE core and the RB's will come out of the woodwork by playoff time and then you are golden.

Wow...at a special one night screening of Pulp Fiction and check my phone to see Morenno's line...holy hell. The least likely of all of his possible outcomes.

Moreno has received 24 touches each game since taking over the lead back duties in Denver.Players with a similar touch-per-game total vs. the Raiders this season:- Reggie Bush (Week 2) - 31.7 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 197 Combined Yards, 2 TDs)- Willis McGahee (Week 4) - 19.5 Fantasy Points (25 Touches, 135 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Rashad Jennings (Week 7) - 16.2 Fantasy Points (28 Touches, 102 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Doug Martin (Week 9) - 51.2 Fantasy Points (29 Touches, 272 Combined Yards, 4 TDs)- BenJarvus Green-Ellis (Week 12) - 19.8 Fantasy Points (20 Touches, 138 Combined Yards, 1 TD)- Trent Richardson (Week 13) - 15.5 Fantasy Points (23 Touches, 95 Combined Yards, 1 TD)That's good news against the league's 5th worst fantasy run defense (#1 in points allowed to RBs over the past 5 weeks). If terrible Rashad Jennings can deliver a quality fantasy performance despite running 2.1 yards per carry against these guys, Knowshon should be able to deliver.* For those of you in PPR leagues, Moreno has caught 4 passes each week as well.
Let me add one more line to my performance rundown from before the game...- Knowshon Moreno (Week 14) - 22.7 Fantasy Points (36 Touches, 167 Combined Yards, 1 TD)And as with the past two weeks, 4 pass completions.Enjoy the early lead, fellas! :thumbup:
I Had him in before reading this thread but just wanted to give ya props for this analysis. Don't recognize your name yet but ill be keeping an eye out for your posts going forward :thumbup:
me too, this sealed it for me, started him with confidence.. thankyou!!

In one league my RB's sucked all year and I somehow barely got into the playoffs. I picked up Moreno and Bryce Brown and suddenly my team is looking strong. Those two pickups this late in the season have been huge.
That's how championships are won.. rely too heavily on RB's in the regular season and they will burn you in the playoffs.. build a strong QB/WR/TE core and the RB's will come out of the woodwork by playoff time and then you are golden.
My starting stable of foster/Martin in one money league begs to differ.

My starting stable of foster/Martin in one money league begs to differ.
I actually agree with this. Qbs this year have been pretty close with each. With the emergence of a passing league you are seeing more and more Wrs come out as good starters for your team. The only shortage are RBs now. This being said I am sure glad I started Moreno in my flex over Garcon and Greg Jennings. Been battling with that decision for a while and decided to go with the touches

I was able to grab Moreno 15 minutes before kickoff in week 12 when the Broncos announced that he would get first crack at the starting job. After 2 solid outings on my bench I started Moreno in both of my PPR leagues this week.

In one of my 1 pt PPR leagues I started Moreno over Darren Sproles, and Reggie Bush.

In my other 1 pt PPR league I started Moreno over Darren Sproles, Jacquizz Rodgers, Jonathan Dwyer, and Reggie Bush.

With Peyton Manning at the helm, and Denver's stout defense, Moreno might end up being the free agent pickup of the year.

In my opinion Bryce Brown has a slight edge on Moreno for free agent pickup of the year.

Only time will tell, but here is my top 3 pickups of the year.

1. Alfred Morris - went drafted in many leagues, but didnt get drafted in my league.

2. Bryce Brown - Avg 35 points over last 2 weeks.

3. Knowshon Moreno - Avg 19 points over last 3 weeks.

He's Shonn Greene in a Broncos uniform. Maybe with slightly better hands.
can you flesh this out? I don't get this comparison at all. Greene's a plodding north/south runner with next to no receiving ability. I think the guy that mentioned Addai is closer to what Moreno is.
He's doing good enough, and he's fulfilling the role they need right now, but they're purging everything left of the McDaniels era (good riddance) and building around the new core. He'll likely be playing somewhere next year, but I don't see him in Denver.
:confused: DT, Decker, Beadles, Walton, Ayers, etal. The McD players they got rid of weren't productive. They aren't 'purging everything left of the McDaniels era' just because they are McD guys.
Trying to move this campaign for Moreno Future HOFer from the Hillman thread to somewhere more appropriate...OK, so when I was reaching for 'he's just a guy' comparisons, Shonn Greene isn't the same build as Moreno. How about Ryan Mathews? Flashes of greatness, but brittle. Moreno obviously hasn't put the ball on the ground as much as Mathews lately. Maybe Addai as mentioned in the other thread, as he had injury problems too.

Tebow was productive yet they sent him packing. Lloyd was productive but they let him go. Did they draft Hillman as a cattle prod to motivate Moreno? Moreno was a healthy scratch for at least a month- there has to be a reason for it. They've been using McGahee and Ball over Moreno not because they knew they had a stud in the waiting and just wanted to shock everyone in the last month. Maybe he's just flipped the switch and decided to make the most of an opportunity, but if Moreno was the franchise back of the future, he would have found a way into the lineup before now. KC and OAK were two very favorable matchups for RBs, and TB was tough. He's looked good when he should, and average against a tougher matchup like TB...but people were looking at the DEN RB position for production down the stretch based on the schedule all along.

The knock against Moreno- and Hillman- (in my opinion) are that they don't seem to fit the build for workhorse back roles. Maybe if he packed on another 20 or so pounds he'd be more durable and hit the hole with more authority than dance or trip over his own feet. I think McDaniels wanted Moreno to be his Kevin Faulk, and even Kevin Faulk wasn't the primary RB for the Pats.

He's Shonn Greene in a Broncos uniform. Maybe with slightly better hands.
can you flesh this out? I don't get this comparison at all. Greene's a plodding north/south runner with next to no receiving ability. I think the guy that mentioned Addai is closer to what Moreno is.
He's doing good enough, and he's fulfilling the role they need right now, but they're purging everything left of the McDaniels era (good riddance) and building around the new core. He'll likely be playing somewhere next year, but I don't see him in Denver.
:confused: DT, Decker, Beadles, Walton, Ayers, etal. The McD players they got rid of weren't productive. They aren't 'purging everything left of the McDaniels era' just because they are McD guys.
Trying to move this campaign for Moreno Future HOFer from the Hillman thread to somewhere more appropriate...OK, so when I was reaching for 'he's just a guy' comparisons, Shonn Greene isn't the same build as Moreno. How about Ryan Mathews? Flashes of greatness, but brittle. Moreno obviously hasn't put the ball on the ground as much as Mathews lately. Maybe Addai as mentioned in the other thread, as he had injury problems too.

Tebow was productive yet they sent him packing. Lloyd was productive but they let him go. Did they draft Hillman as a cattle prod to motivate Moreno? Moreno was a healthy scratch for at least a month- there has to be a reason for it. They've been using McGahee and Ball over Moreno not because they knew they had a stud in the waiting and just wanted to shock everyone in the last month. Maybe he's just flipped the switch and decided to make the most of an opportunity, but if Moreno was the franchise back of the future, he would have found a way into the lineup before now. KC and OAK were two very favorable matchups for RBs, and TB was tough. He's looked good when he should, and average against a tougher matchup like TB...but people were looking at the DEN RB position for production down the stretch based on the schedule all along.

The knock against Moreno- and Hillman- (in my opinion) are that they don't seem to fit the build for workhorse back roles. Maybe if he packed on another 20 or so pounds he'd be more durable and hit the hole with more authority than dance or trip over his own feet. I think McDaniels wanted Moreno to be his Kevin Faulk, and even Kevin Faulk wasn't the primary RB for the Pats.
Moreno notched 32 carries in this weeks game and no injuries. By today's standards that's a tremendous workload that only feature backs receive. He has also notched 20 plus carries or touches per week over the last 3 weeks. All feature back numbers. And we have not heard of him so much as having a sprained pinky nail. Maybe in the past he has displayed fragility, and I'm not sayin he is past that. But maybe he is. It can happen. Look at Fred Taylor. For years he was considered fragile Fred and then he became very durable. It happens.

Let's keep this rolling..

Who is he getting started over this week?

I've got these 4 on a team an have to play 2:

Trent Richardson

C.J. Spiller

DeMarco Murray

Knowshon Moreno

At the moment my thoughts are:

Trent Richardson

Knowshon Moreno

LOVE spiller with no Jackson, but not sure about the Seattle D..

(even out of all these only T Rich is playing a "non tough" D)

Maybe in the past he has displayed fragility, and I'm not sayin he is past that. But maybe he is. It can happen. Look at Fred Taylor. For years he was considered fragile Fred and then he became very durable. It happens.
:goodposting: Every week guys who never get injured get injured.Stafford went from never getting injured in college/high school to getting injured a lot as a pro to not getting injured again.

I know I won't be playing him this week due to other options but I kinda like his matchup this week. The Ravens can be run on and even if Ray Ray comes back, I think the Broncos find a use for him, even catching some passes out of the backfield. I'm sure he will be solid in ppr again this week.

Talk about a guy off the scrap heap paying dividends.

Other factors you guys should be considering:

Moreno will have had a week and a half off since the TNF game against the Raiders -- and keep in mind he's has been fresh most of the year due to not being on the field

The Ravens just went through hell and back against the Redskins, the Broncos in general are more well rested

Users who are viewing this thread