What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Impractical Jokers (1 Viewer)

My GF's favorite bit is scoopski-potahto

So glad a new season is starting up, there's not a single show I laugh more at. 

I can't think of a punishment that Joe has gotten that has stood out as good or funny.  He doesn't seem to have many triggers and doesn't get the bad punishments the others do. 

Sal is great because he grosses out and scares easy.  Murr's are over the top and mean.  A few of Q's have stood out - I just rewatched the one where he is giving the pregnancy class.  I am sure there have been a few good Joe ones, but nothing is sticking out from memory.

I can't think of a punishment that Joe has gotten that has stood out as good or funny.  He doesn't seem to have many triggers and doesn't get the bad punishments the others do. 

Sal is great because he grosses out and scares easy.  Murr's are over the top and mean.  A few of Q's have stood out - I just rewatched the one where he is giving the pregnancy class.  I am sure there have been a few good Joe ones, but nothing is sticking out from memory.
I agree.... I guess the one where he has to announce he's peeing in the pool is okay, but in general he is so shameless, his punishments suck.  Also, he doesn't lose often because he will do almost anything.   

The only thing he really seems to shy away from is making people mad that he think might haul off and hit him because they were disrespected. 

Sal has lost so much because he used to refuse to say anything even slightly sexist, but he's gotten more bold there and Brian has actually taken his place in that respect. 

Joe is the best one imo, totally fearless and seems like he doesn't lose as much as the other guys. But I can think of two hilarious punishments -- the one where he has to give a presentation in drag, and the one where he's on the toilet in the coffee shop screaming for a roll of toilet paper. 

cockroach said:
The one where he has to interview the biker gang, er club. 

The toilet paper one was dumb, he enjoyed that. 
I forgot that one, he did seem to be sweating on that punishment.

cockroach said:
The only thing he really seems to shy away from is making people mad that he think might haul off and hit him because they were disrespected.
His wife is another weakness.

Joe had to do belly flops over and over and over once. His belly was screaming red by the end.

He seemed pretty done by the end of the one where he had to go up against the sump wrestler as well.

Joe punishments are definitely the toughest. I remember him being a little uncomfortable earlier this season when he had to walk around the kids' park critiquing peoples' parenting. A little scared in the Captain Fatbelly punishment. You guys already hit the best ones. He really does steer into the skid, he's tough to rattle. 

I rarely think to watch this show, but whenever I do, it's hysterical. Joe is definitely the most entertaining of the four (and they are all great). 

Is this the show where two guys in a booth laugh uncontrollably while trying to make a third guy say stuff like "poop" to a stranger? I've watched parts of several episodes but cannot get into it... Maybe I just haven't seen the really funny sketches.

KarmaPolice said:
There was one where there was a memorial service in the park for some Chinese kid that died. He was a musician so they had all his instruments there and they were going to be put in a museum. Joe had no idea it was a memorial service or what he was supposed to do. The person leading the service was speaking in Mandarin so he didn't understand her. He kept picking up all the instruments and playing them, the people attending were horrified.

found it

Last edited by a moderator:
Sal.

it's always Sal for me.  guy could read the friggin' phone book and put me in stitches. 

his punishments are always the best - Corn Maze and Haunted House (with the creepy girl at the piano) are pure GOLD. 

Love the show. I liked when they had to try to make each other laugh. I wish they'd do that one a few more times. 

Was watching this weekend with my son and the punishment was coming out in Peter Pan outfit to wrestling venue.  He had to tell off a huge wrestler to make me leave then he promptly got his rear end whipped.  It was hilarious...

Was watching this weekend with my son and the punishment was coming out in Peter Pan outfit to wrestling venue.  He had to tell off a huge wrestler to make me leave then he promptly got his rear end whipped.  It was hilarious...
yeah, that was Q ... him and Murr are definitely a notch down from Sal and Joe, but they have their moments. 

My favorite sketches are when two of them have to do the powerpoint presentation to a group of people and the other two prepared the slides.

There was one where there was a memorial service in the park for some Chinese kid that died. He was a musician so they had all his instruments there and they were going to be put in a museum. Joe had no idea it was a memorial service or what he was supposed to do. The person leading the service was speaking in Mandarin so he didn't understand her. He kept picking up all the instruments and playing them, the people attending were horrified.

found it
That one was funny as hell, but not so bad for Joe considering he had no idea what was going on until it was basically over.

yeah, that was Q ... him and Murr are definitely a notch down from Sal and Joe, but they have their moments. 
Sal and Joe are easily the more natural entertainers.  Q never even wanted to be in front of the camera, he was a writer and sound/video guy who basically got shoved "on stage."  When they originally pitched the idea around, MTV offered to buy the IP from them, but wanted to cast 4 other (ostensibly younger and hotter) guys to actually do the challenges.  They would have just gotten a lump sum and gone about their lives.  TruTV offered less money, but the chance to star in the show themselves.  They voted 3-1 to take Tru's offer.  Q is the one who wanted the check and anonymity. 

Sal and Joe are easily the more natural entertainers.  Q never even wanted to be in front of the camera, he was a writer and sound/video guy who basically got shoved "on stage."  When they originally pitched the idea around, MTV offered to buy the IP from them, but wanted to cast 4 other (ostensibly younger and hotter) guys to actually do the challenges.  They would have just gotten a lump sum and gone about their lives.  TruTV offered less money, but the chance to star in the show themselves.  They voted 3-1 to take Tru's offer.  Q is the one who wanted the check and anonymity. 
... and NYFD for a spell ?

did not know that back story about MTV, good lookin' out  :thumbup:

... and NYFD for a spell ?

did not know that back story about MTV, good lookin' out  :thumbup:
Q LOVED being a fireman.  All he wanted was a check from MTV he could invest for retirement so he could go back to fighting fires and slaying ### (which he says is part and parcel of being a member of FDNY.)  He suffers from pretty severe depression and in his own words, was close to suicide before he landed the job with the FDNY shortly after 9/11.  The job gave him a purpose and an identity that brought him back from the edge.  That's why you see/hear so much about it on "Jokers."

Q LOVED being a fireman.  All he wanted was a check from MTV he could invest for retirement so he could go back to fighting fires and slaying ### (which he says is part and parcel of being a member of FDNY.)  He suffers from pretty severe depression and in his own words, was close to suicide before he landed the job with the FDNY shortly after 9/11.  The job gave him a purpose and an identity that brought him back from the edge.  That's why you see/hear so much about it on "Jokers."
I can see that someone else has been listening to (now defunct?) What Say You?

I can see that someone else has been listening to (now defunct?) What Say You?
What Say You and more informatively, Tell 'Em Steve Dave.  The latter is how I knew about "Jokers" before it even started airing. I used to have long Twitter/Facebook conversations with all 4 guys (Joe less so than the others) before they got too famous to reply to every stupid thing I tweeted at them.  I once had a multiple tweet back-and-forth conversation with Q about Rice Krispies vs. generic rice cereal, for example.  Try that these days.... he'd post something about Rice Krispies and there would be 700 responses in the first 30 seconds from 15 year old girls offering marriage.

What Say You and more informatively, Tell 'Em Steve Dave.  The latter is how I knew about "Jokers" before it even started airing. I used to have long Twitter/Facebook conversations with all 4 guys (Joe less so than the others) before they got too famous to reply to every stupid thing I tweeted at them.  I once had a multiple tweet back-and-forth conversation with Q about Rice Krispies vs. generic rice cereal, for example.  Try that these days.... he'd post something about Rice Krispies and there would be 700 responses in the first 30 seconds from 15 year old girls offering marriage.
That's awesome.  They seem like good dudes.  Sal was recently on About Last Night podcast and gave a little of their backstory too.  Not everything was always easy with TruTV which seems bizarre in hindsight.  They carry that network. 

That's awesome.  They seem like good dudes.  Sal was recently on About Last Night podcast and gave a little of their backstory too.  Not everything was always easy with TruTV which seems bizarre in hindsight.  They carry that network. 
It's amazing how they've built the entire channel around this show.  I was looking last night to see if a specific episode was airing soon and it pulled up "182 upcoming airings."  I'm not sure how far ahead my DVR goes - I think 2 weeks.  If so, that's 13 episodes, or 6.5 hours a day, every day.  Assuming they run a few hours of infomercials overnight, this one 30 minute show probably fills 30-35% of that channel's air time.  I doubt there's another program on any channel that monopolizes the content to this extent.

"SteelerNation"?

"EGs Fun house"?

:popcorn:

The only thing that is still unbelievable about the show is that when one of the four walk into a room, there aren't "real people" in the same room that do not recognize them. Like, "you're that guy from that show." Most of their stuff is in the northeast so you'd think people would recognize them, no?

The only thing that is still unbelievable about the show is that when one of the four walk into a room, there aren't "real people" in the same room that do not recognize them. Like, "you're that guy from that show." Most of their stuff is in the northeast so you'd think people would recognize them, no?
I think that happens more and more. They just have to trash that tape and start over.

I wouldn't have known anything about them if my daughter didn't start watching the show last year.  And I live in NJ.  Never heard of TruTV.  

It's amazing how they've built the entire channel around this show.  I was looking last night to see if a specific episode was airing soon and it pulled up "182 upcoming airings."  I'm not sure how far ahead my DVR goes - I think 2 weeks.  If so, that's 13 episodes, or 6.5 hours a day, every day.  Assuming they run a few hours of infomercials overnight, this one 30 minute show probably fills 30-35% of that channel's air time.  I doubt there's another program on any channel that monopolizes the content to this extent.
Once I got hooked on the show I set the DVR to record all episodes, had over 100 within a few days. Wife & I will binge watch for hours, still laugh even at the ones we've already seen.

Favorite is still the library

There are a few episodes where someone talks to them about IJ while filming.  If you have seen the show enough to think something happening to you is similar, how do you not realize that you are talking to Sal?  It isn't like any of them are "typical" looking where they would just blend in.

It happens quite a bit, but they just don't (usually) air it.

Once I got hooked on the show I set the DVR to record all episodes, had over 100 within a few days. Wife & I will binge watch for hours, still laugh even at the ones we've already seen.

Favorite is still the library
Oh, the noise-makers.  Haven't seen that one in a while.  :lmao:

I wouldn't have known anything about them if my daughter didn't start watching the show last year.  And I live in NJ.  Never heard of TruTV.  
this, as far as their relative anonymity, outside of the cult following they have

... factor in also that they are on one of the lower trafficked cable stations, and that they really are four schlubs, so, it's not altogether so quizzical as to how they are not 'busted' more. 

It is nice to just put on TruTV during their 3 hours of repeats at night while doing other things.  Even when it is an episode I have seen numerous times I still laugh at it. Benjamin Cat climbing through the White Castle drive thru window and chasing Sal is always funny.

It is nice to just put on TruTV during their 3 hours of repeats at night while doing other things.  Even when it is an episode I have seen numerous times I still laugh at it. Benjamin Cat climbing through the White Castle drive thru window and chasing Sal is always funny.
My wife thinks I'm crazy cuz I'll just keep it on "in the background" as I do laundry or chill on the computer or whatever.  I still giggle at all of it.

My wife thinks I'm crazy cuz I'll just keep it on "in the background" as I do laundry or chill on the computer or whatever.  I still giggle at all of it.
ditto for me when i'm making my meatballs/pasta on Sunday afternoons ... IJs has replaced "Bar Rescue" as my white noise

The 2-hour Nitro Circus season finale a few weeks back was predictably poorly paced and largely boring, but the challenges they showed during it were good, particularly the house-sitting one.  That's maybe the best recurring challenge they do, it gives them so much creative freedom.
My favorites are the focus groups or where they sit down with one or two people and ask them questions.  Those focus groups are a hoot.

It's a show that if there isn't anything else on I will watch it and be totally entertained but I never specifically go search it out to watch.  Once I start watching it I usually watch for a while.  Each episode always sucks you in and keeps you for awhile. 

My favorites are the focus groups or where they sit down with one or two people and ask them questions.  Those focus groups are a hoot.
I like the focus groups too.  The one where Q kept calling Sal "Al" over and over again was great.

Q: "What did you write, Al?"

Sal : "It's Sal."

Q: Oh, I thought you said - I thought I said "Sal" earlier and you said 'It's Al."

Sal : "No, it's Sal.  It's always been Sal."

The Mur punishment where they shot him up with a ton of Novocaine and he had to pose as a culinary expert and give a presentation on foods from around the world was :lmao:

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread