What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Impractical Jokers (1 Viewer)

Last night's Texas episode had me :lmao: :cry: :lmao:
I wasn't real impressed by it. Seemed like they were just trying ripoff that movie City Slickers shtick mostly.

What a dumb move by Q though to make that bet and him getting lassoed at the end was the best part.

I just saw on FB they are saying the guys are quitting because they got too famous. Has to be an April Fools joke, right?

Yeah. Last year, Q "quit" on 4/1. They let it go on a while and even filmed a YouTube video announcing season 2 with just the other 3 guys. Then, at the end of the video, a "hobo" sleeping on a nearby bench is revealed to be Q, ending the joke.

New episode for April Fool's Day just ended. Really good one, there were some seriously rough challenges tonight.

Hey buckaroo, how are you? Whipped cream on top and a cherry too. Wear pants with pleats? Yes I do. A steam engine goes choo choo choo

Hey buckaroo, how are you? Whipped cream on top and a cherry too. Wear pants with pleats? Yes I do. A steam engine goes choo choo choo
Now I'm going to throw your shoe across the park. You can throw mine....
I thought it was a bit unfair when I saw it. I mean they knew he couldn't do any more than 2 rounds after he threw both shoes. And making him recite that long speech compared to what the other did.

Now I'm going to throw your shoe across the park. You can throw mine....
I thought it was a bit unfair when I saw it. I mean they knew he couldn't do any more than 2 rounds after he threw both shoes. And making him recite that long speech compared to what the other did.
Yeah, Q got the shaft there. I had to keep reminding myself not to care. :lol:

GF had Katie Couric on the TV when I got home (I pretty much hate/never watch her). But there were our boys schmoozing.

Guess they're hitting the big time.

GF had Katie Couric on the TV when I got home (I pretty much hate/never watch her). But there were our boys schmoozing.

Guess they're hitting the big time.
The show crushes in the key demographics and their live show is selling out all over the country. I hope this doesn't lead to a lamer show, but if last week was any indication, it won't. Watching Murr get his nipples and navel pierced with no ice/numbing agent.... that was a pretty rough punishment.

Season 3 has been great. Loved the permanent punishment esp Sals. I was laughing about that at random the next day. Not a huge fan of the one ep of jokers wild. I kniw what they are trying to do but it's not clicking.

Will be seeing them live in early Dec

Season 3 has been great. Loved the permanent punishment esp Sals. I was laughing about that at random the next day. Not a huge fan of the one ep of jokers wild. I kniw what they are trying to do but it's not clicking.

Will be seeing them live in early Dec
Yeah Impractical Jokers is $$$ every time I watch it I will laugh. Joker's Wild falls flat. Seems too contrived.

Season 4 and still going strong. Loved the Winnie Cooper punishment.
There aren't many stinkers, it's a pretty consistently funny show. I still like it, it's a 30 minute mindless indulgence every week that usually makes me laugh out loud at least once per episode. There aren't a ton of shows about which I can say that.

It's a show I don't seek out to go watch but every time I stumble upon it I am very entertained.  I wonder how many of their bits have to be relocated or cut out due to their popularity and being recognized more and more.  I would see that as the main reason for the show running its course. 

The 2-hour Nitro Circus season finale a few weeks back was predictably poorly paced and largely boring, but the challenges they showed during it were good, particularly the house-sitting one.  That's maybe the best recurring challenge they do, it gives them so much creative freedom.

It's a show I don't seek out to go watch but every time I stumble upon it I am very entertained.  I wonder how many of their bits have to be relocated or cut out due to their popularity and being recognized more and more.  I would see that as the main reason for the show running its course. 
A guy this season describes them to themselves as they're doing bits at a pizza parlor.  Thrn begins to google them to show them themselves and the other 2 jokers sneak up behind him and surprise him 

Just started watching this too. Wife and I laugh hysterically most episodes, not much on TV can do that anymore.
This.  Wife and I have been watching this for years.  There've been some skits that have us in tears.  There was one where they were interviewing potential roommates that was just ridiculous.  Wife has kinda grown tired of it and I think I've seen pretty much every episode that's not brand new but it's one of those things I can turn on at night before going to bed to watch for a half hour or something just for a laugh. 

The 2-hour Nitro Circus season finale a few weeks back was predictably poorly paced and largely boring, but the challenges they showed during it were good, particularly the house-sitting one.  That's maybe the best recurring challenge they do, it gives them so much creative freedom.
Yeah, those types of shows they do, like that, the stage/tour show that aired, and that spin-off show they tried, just aren't what they are good at. I know they started from the whole Tenderloins comedy/improv troupe, but unless they are doing the regular Impractical Jokers challenges, they are painfully unfunny. 

When they stay in their lane, it's hilarious. I even enjoy the "pop-up video" versions of the re-runs. 

At night when I need to put something on the TV for background noise I just put on TruTV and end up watching 3 or 4 episodes, still crack up at them even when I know what is coming.   My 8 year old daughter watched one day and now it is her favorite show although I find myself having to flip away at times when I know they are a little too raunchy for an 8 year old.

WHAT?!?!?

Oh heeeell no!

Hold up...

Huh??

Oh... Okay :)
After that episode aired, I must have said this 20 times the next night at the bar. By the end of the night, 5 or 6 other people were doing it even though they had no clue what the hell it was from. :lol:

This.  Wife and I have been watching this for years.  There've been some skits that have us in tears.  There was one where they were interviewing potential roommates that was just ridiculous.  Wife has kinda grown tired of it and I think I've seen pretty much every episode that's not brand new but it's one of those things I can turn on at night before going to bed to watch for a half hour or something just for a laugh. 
Here's the roommate one.  Still funny.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82Y2T0c10A

Just started watching this recently and love it. Great show.  :thumbup:

(Some of the punishments are just plain mean....like making Murr skydive when he's afraid of heights or shaving Murr's eyebrows before getting his driver's license picture...brutal). 

Hey Buckaroo!  How are you?  Cherry on top with some whip cream too?  Wear pleated pants? Yes I do!  The train conductor says choo choo choooo!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this show. I wish they would make a rule to ban racist/homophobic bits though. Not necessarily because of any potential offense, but those are almost guaranteed tapouts every time. If you really want to make someone lose a challenge, telling them to say something that infers something racist or the like is just unfair IMO and not very creative.

And man, Murr gets the worst punishments. His are almost always brutal.

Just started watching this recently and love it. Great show.  :thumbup:

(Some of the punishments are just plain mean....like making Murr skydive when he's afraid of heights or shaving Murr's eyebrows before getting his driver's license picture...brutal). 
They get worse with him, but I won't say if you are catching up with the back episodes...

There has been a few humorous punishments at the end of the show but Murr's with Danica McKellar was brutally funny. 

Users who are viewing this thread