What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indianapolis at Houston (1 Viewer)

Great game for the Colts, Texans took their foot off the gas and asked for this to happen.

And their kicker sucks.

Wow, Houston has to feel like they gave that away. Great comeback and fun to watch but if you're Houston, you can't lose that game at home, bad loss.

Hope Kubiak is OK.

costly non-spike, they could have bought themselves another play, like on sideline route to get closer FG...

they flashed stat that IND extended streak to about 30 straight wins when leading in 4th quarter, third most in league history...

costly non-spike, they could have bought themselves another play, like on sideline route to get closer FG...

they flashed stat that IND extended streak to about 30 straight wins when leading in 4th quarter, third most in league history...
Can't blame the offense. They may not have got that 12 yards if they gave the defense a breather. They did their job. Kicker just sucks.

Can't blame the offense. They may not have got that 12 yards if they gave the defense a breather. They did their job. Kicker just sucks.
i think coaches given the choice would take the extra time and more plays option to get a closer FG?

defense breather or not, they didn't give themselves a chance to get closer.

what is the percentage of 55 yarders, less than 50%?

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston turmOiler said:
Because youre a troll who finds your way into every Texans thread. Enjoy your win and go away.
The point of the ignore function is for you to not click the post, and actually ignore it. It requires you to have the willpower to follow through on your decision to ignore him.

He's a Colts fan not even remotely mucking up this Colts vs. Texans game thread. You're doing more to muck up the thread by coming out of nowhere to tell him you have him on ignore. I don't care what he did to earn it--right now, it's you crapping in the thread.

i think coaches given the choice would take the extra time and more plays option to get a closer FG?

defense breather or not, they didn't give themselves a chance to get closer.

what is the percentage of 55 yarders, less than 50%?
And way less with that guy as your kicker.

Yeah, that play was the right call.

This game just makes me think Seattle isn't that good.
Colts also beat the Broncos and 49ers. You think the same about them?
The Broncos was just ne of those games where the stars aligned, they were destined to an that game. The 49ers just collapse here and there... In SEA this year and last... The loss to Minnesota last year - They just do that sometimes.
Well that settles it then.
Glad we can come to an agreement like gentlemen
Just to recap, Seahawks aren't good because they lost to the Colts who are losing 21-3 tonight to a team Seattle beat. 49ers and Broncos who also lost to the Colts, only lost those games because of planet and star alignments and the 49ers tendency to collapse (not sure what that even means given they are 6-2 and were a play away from winning the last Super Bowl). Sound about right?
Bingo!
LHUCKS' head just exploded after the Colts comeback. Stars and TY Hilton aligned I suppose. :oldunsure:

Yeah, that play was the right call.
so better to run the clock on first down and give yourself only one play when you aren't in field goal range?

Thanks Connskins youre right...i apologize. Me being a sore loser. Sorry
Not really. Guy comes into Texans game threads that are not against the Colts regularly. But what would you expect from boards that dropped half their moderators and don't ban people that obviously break the rules in their threads.

But im at a loss to explain this one...Kubiak is out but we still play one good half of offensive football. Wade Phillips is terribly overrated...big lead dude take away the big play....and get a friggin kicker

Texans never got the memo: when a player or coach goes down, you are supposed to WIN one for the Gipper, not lose one - WIN one for the Gipper.

The K, not Phillips, lost this game tonight. 3 missed FG. I can forgive the final kick seeing its a 55 yard attempt and those are low % kicks. The other 2 were makable. Had he made them the last kick is irrelevant. Dude should be looking for a job tomorrow morning.

The Texans win tonight with a good kicker.

That being said, the time mangement and playcalling by the Texans was something awful and you can see they missed Kubiak down the stretch. On the second last drive the Texans start with a nice 25 yard gain and proceed to huddle up like they have all the time in the world and then call 2 straight run plays (I do believe the bootleg was a designed run play for Keenum) and basically milk the clock down to the two minute warning before punting. Why they weren't in a 2 minute drill there is beyond me.

Very impressed by Keenum! Obviously, the Texans missed Kubiak in the second half. With that said, the Texans lost this on Defense IMO. You put up 24 at home, your fans and Defense should be able to get it done.

Great win for the Colts. Great showing by Keenum. Adios Schaub (who I've publicly stated in other threads is the reason the Texans never took the big step forward before) "trolling". Adios to the idiot kicker II.

Luck had Star Wars numbers in the 4th Q by the way. (That's for you Jim Irsay!)

I wondered if a few of his teammates took part?

Schaub has been and will continue to be the reason the Texans are a wannabe.

As a Colts fan, I will him a long and average career!
Quick search, first thing that popped up. Enjoy the win with grace...

Thanks for making my point. This comes from the thread where fans burned Schaub's jersey in the parking lot. Apparently, the Texan's brass has come to realize it's time to move on from Schaub as well. Schaub HELD THE TEXANS BACK. I think most reasonable fans (no homers) would agree.

Buckna said:

How is this trolling? It seems to have been exactly right.

Whatever, Ifights are a waste of time. Reading his TRich thread posts he's actually kind of level headed considering. But yeah, jumping in and piling on in a Texans thread that has nothing to do with the Colts... And it was the first thing that came up on search function after saying I'm making up any instances....

There's no rule here that people need to stick to commenting on their own teams' business. Especially since many of us have fantasy stakes in players on other teams. This is a message board, people are going to comment on whatever they want. And his opinion of Schaub shared in the post you found was not an uncommon one at the time.

Thanks Connskins...it happens all the time that was one instance there are many more. Like I said I shoulda let it it go youd be wise to do the same. Nobody really cares to cite all the others. Lets be done now.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Bob Magaw said:
now hilton has three TDs, matching dre.
Was that you with the comment comparing Bradford and Luck earlier, Bob?

This is the difference.
no.

i don't recall ever disputing bradford may not be as good as the greatest QB prospect since manning and elway.

maybe you are confusing me with the guy who said the GB WRs are worse than STL... :)

Users who are viewing this thread