What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

individual expert rankings (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rankings are kind of jacked up for me right now - I get a "something went wrong" message every time I go there, and it's not highlighting players on my team or free agents. It looks like they're in the middle of an upgrade but things aren't finished yet. I'm assuming selecting experts will be back when it's finalized. I sure hope so.

Rankings are kind of jacked up for me right now - I get a "something went wrong" message every time I go there, and it's not highlighting players on my team or free agents. It looks like they're in the middle of an upgrade but things aren't finished yet. I'm assuming selecting experts will be back when it's finalized. I sure hope so.
I’m rolling with it right now since I expect they’re working out some kinks, but when it doesn’t highlight my players for a selected league (or highlights the wrong players) I’ve found that refreshing the page fixes it. Hopefully these issues get sorted out soon.

Hey Tick it's Buck56... the rankings have been jacked on and off since they did this new format... if u find where we can see who's making the rankings please post..I'm sure you are like me and only use certain expert's ranking (especially IDP)) ...if we dont know whos rankings we are looking at it's worthless IMHO..i have to say i'm not impressed at all...FBGs is far from what it use to be...and we need more Norton and Bloom...no more Bramel was enough to almost make me leave...so give us more from the real experts here.

Hey Tick it's Buck56... the rankings have been jacked on and off since they did this new format... if u find where we can see who's making the rankings please post..I'm sure you are like me and only use certain expert's ranking (especially IDP)) ...if we dont know whos rankings we are looking at it's worthless IMHO..i have to say i'm not impressed at all...FBGs is far from what it use to be...and we need more Norton and Bloom...no more Bramel was enough to almost make me leave...so give us more from the real experts here.
Nah, I like their new IDP crew a lot. I just like to be able to sort out rankings by date for the most part, and want my players highlighted. I assume they'll get it sorted.

Hey Buck, Tick... in agreement with you Buck. The current ranking situation is a mess. Also agree with Tick that the IDP coverage really improved last year. Although Bramel is still irreplaceable.

Share the same concerns on the loss of the ability to view the individual rankings for those doing the rankings (and dates) and the ability to choose those you wish to view. Would be a major downgrade if that option is lost.

Posted the same concerns on the IDP forum before I saw this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/fbgs-rankings-format.808648/

Last edited:
Hi Folks. Thanks for the feedback. We're in the process of a major upgrade on the rankings and will continue to update here. If you've got something that's broken for you, please visit www.footballguys.com/help and submit a ticket. They'll need a few bits of info from you and will do their best to get you going for your specific situation. We won't be able to solve Customer Service issues here in the forum. www.footballguys.com/help is how we'll be able to solve these. Thanks.

The things that changed since the new rankings layout which maybe should be addressed:

1. No longer able to see staff member rankings listed at the top.
2. Would be nice to see how the rankings have trended over time to see which players have gone significantly down or up in the rankings over time.
3. When inputting league info, the rankings do not seem accurate. For example, before the rookie rankings layout changed a couple of days ago AR was ranked around 7 in the overall rankings. When inputting my league info which is a 1QB, 6 point passing league, AR drops down to 26th in the rankings which seems like an error. For QB heavy league the top ranked rookie QB should not fall to 26 overall in the rankings for a 6 point passing league.

Rankings have been a disaster for years (mostly talking dynasty). I hope there's more consistency and transparency in the upgrade.

Not a fan of upside rankings. Pretty sure Richardson was a top rookie now he’s 26th. I miss the list of the staff rankings. What’s not broke doesn’t need fixing.
This is where seeing the individual rankings could help, as we could see if this was because AR was left off of a rankers list for some reason - either accidental or a programming error - which is pushing his average rank way down the list.

This exactly what I came here looking for. I look at all of the experts rankings but for IDP, I definitely weight Norton above the rest. Seeing the individual rankings is a must.

Hey Buck, Tick... in agreement with you Buck. The current ranking situation is a mess. Also agree with Tick that the IDP coverage really improved last year. Although Bramel is still irreplaceable.

Share the same concerns on the loss of the ability to view the individual rankings for those doing the rankings (and dates) and the ability to choose those you wish to view. Would be a major downgrade if that option is lost.

Posted the same concerns on the IDP forum before I saw this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/fbgs-rankings-format.808648/
Hey buddy..hope all is well... ill give them til the end of the month like they asked on rankings and this year on content... but im in the middle of rookie drafts and because of an unexpected loss in the family havnt been able to be as prepared as usual ..and the rankings are a mess right now..im going off of Bloom from right after the draft cause i have no clue who rankings im looking at and i agree the IDP was better last year but a far cry from the old days...we need more Norton and the Godfather was a nice addition..this is my last year if things dont change..charging us 70.00 a year now and the product isnt getting better (i dont do daily so no clue on that content)

If you are waiting on the same page as last year to be restored please bear with us

But I’m seeing some of you guys posting things like you don’t think the rankings are good or accurate. As always we don’t do support on the forums. Unless Joe sees it and takes the time to send it to me, I won’t see posts here and even if I do, I don’t have the info I would need from you all to replicate and investigate the issue.

That’s why we always ask for you to open tickets on helpdesk so we can address these issues and you can do that at www.Footballguys.com/help

@Higsaw @Gottabesweet and others please open tickets there. I would love to help you guys out here but the forums just isn’t the place where I can practically do that. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree the IDP was better last year but a far cry from the old days...we need more Norton and the Godfather was a nice addition..this is my last year if things dont change..charging us 70.00 a year now and the product isnt getting better (i dont do daily so no clue on that content)

Hi @Higsaw Wanted to make sure you'd been able to see all the new content. John Norton and Gary Davenport and the team are crushing it. I think it's hands-down the best IDP content on the market. In addition, John is working closely with the whole team of new IDP creators that are adding new features we've never had before. https://www.footballguys.com/articles/category/IDP Tripp Brebner's "Reading the Defense" is a great example of a brand new feature we wanted to add for our IDP folks that breaks down the impact of new coaching for the team. Plus the IDP Staff Roundtable features are way more in depth than ever before as we've dedicated more resources to add IDP Staff.

We'll for sure get the individual rankers sorted as I said above but wanted to be clear that our IDP content is vastly expanded in both quantity and quality and I think it's the best in the business. Two years ago folks asked for expanded coverage and we continue to deliver there.

Last edited:
While we work on the compare rankings page, let me just jump in and explain what we're doing here.

As usual, we've done a ton of thinking and truly believe we're making changes here that considerably improve the product for you guys - our customers - and we've done a poor job of communicating what and why we're doing it with you all.

Rankings quality is something we take very seriously. Our rankings were powered by a very old backend from the site's very early days. It didn't have any bells or whistles and wasn't easy for our staff to use. We have built a new backend for rankings which allows our staff to update them much more quickly and easily, but most importantly from you guys' perspective, the new backend highlights outliers to our staff. That is, two groups of players - players where they're a notable outlier (they should know they're differing) and players where they're a significant outlier ("are they really sure because that looks kinda wrong"). This gives our rankers some feedback as to how they compare to our other experts and helps them refine their rankings, in turn the quality of our product and service we offer you. We also have a system to encourage comments specifically on those players where a ranker is out on a limb as those are the most interesting comments - the ones justifying outlier rankings.

The second focus for us has been on customizing rankings to your leagues. Most fantasy sites offer non PPR, PPR and maybe superflex. That's about all you can ask an expert to enter on a backend - three different lists. We have a new system in place that takes 0.5 PPR rankings on the backend and converts those into projections so they can be adapted to any league. This was very difficult to achieve but we think the result is good - you should not be interested in rankings for our leagues, or for standard leagues, but for your leagues!

Following on from this, we implemented the league import features that have always required you to go through the League or Draft Dominator on the website. You can now import and sync leagues directly from the rankings page. All the same sites that are supported by the Dominators are supported here - ESPN, Yahoo, MFL, Sleeper, CBS etc. If you don't want to import the league, we have a quick league setup toolbar that just asks for scoring, roster and number of teams settings and spews out rankings for that league. Play with it a little and you may be surprised how much those small tweaks can make to the rankings.

Lastly, consistency is super important to us and has been a focus for a while. 5 years ago, the Draft Dominator, Top 300 lists, cheatsheets on the website, and our expert rankings would all give you different answers. There were justifying reasons for all that - one tool may support league customisation, another may just be static individual expert rankings rather than our Footballguys consensus "bottom line" - but we wanted to get all our modern tools on the same page. Our approach now is, here's our consensus. Whether you're viewing it on the Draft Dominator, the rankings page, the top 300 or the cheatsheets, this is going to be the same out-the-box. You can customize or drill down to individual experts from there, but we want to be super clear as to what we are recommending and not be saying slightly different things based on how each tool is setup.

In addition to restoring the rankings comparisons features, our second release wave that will happen end of next week at the latest (if not sooner), will include cheatsheet support directly on the rankings pages, and a super simple draft mode so if you just want an "electronic" cheatsheet to mark players off, the rankings page will have that for you.

I know many of you liked the old pages and just wished we'd leave it alone. We think that we could do a lot better than a set of pages that had been in the same state for 10+ years now - lots has happened in fantasy football since then, and we think it was time to modernize and improve these pages. We're striving each season to improve our tools here and we'll continue to do that. Just if we can remember to keep an open dialog here, for sure that would be helpful too! And it's something I'll try to work more on.

So again, discussion about this stuff, or responses to this (sorry) long post, please shoot at me here, I'll do my best to answer. But if you have any bugs or issues where things don't look like they're working right, please fire those at our help desk, from www.footballguys.com/help

Thanks again for everyone's patience here, we appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic post @Simon Shepherd
might I suggest you make a brand new topic on the board and post this exact same thing? (In an effort to get the most eyes on your explanation of what and why you’re doing with the rankings improvements)

i agree the IDP was better last year but a far cry from the old days...we need more Norton and the Godfather was a nice addition..this is my last year if things dont change..charging us 70.00 a year now and the product isnt getting better (i dont do daily so no clue on that content)

Hi @Higsaw Wanted to make sure you'd been able to see all the new content. John Norton and Gary Davenport and the team are crushing it. I think it's hands-down the best IDP content on the market. In addition, John is working closely with the whole team of new IDP creators that are adding new features we've never had before. https://www.footballguys.com/articles/category/IDP Tripp Brebner's "Reading the Defense" is a great example of a brand new feature we wanted to add for our IDP folks that breaks down the impact of new coaching for the team. Plus the IDP Staff Roundtable features are way more in depth than ever before as we've dedicated more resources to add IDP Staff.

We'll for sure get the individual rankers sorted as I said above but wanted to be clear that our IDP content is vastly expanded in both quantity and quality and I think it's the best in the business. Two years ago folks asked for expanded coverage and we continue to deliver there.

@Joe Bryant, I agree with you that you have the best IDP content I've found. I've been using you guys forever. I wasn't thrilled that your prices doubled this year but I have to say your IDP content was the main reason I joined again. Now if you could get DD to live sync with our drafts, I'd NEVER leave. I've been asking for this and been told you guys were working on it for at least 5 years or more now.

I wasn't thrilled that your prices doubled this year but I have to say your IDP content was the main reason I joined again. Now if you could get DD to live sync with our drafts, I'd NEVER leave. I've been asking for this and been told you guys were working on it for at least 5 years or more now.

Hey @yankeerebel our prices are the exact same as last year, even with all the crazy inflation. We were really happy to be able to keep those the same for you all.

Live draft sync remains on our radar. It hasn't to this point been something we have actively worked on, but it is on our roadmap and we do hope to at the very least make some progress towards it this summer. Would you be happy to help us test it if we were in a position to do that in August, and if so what site do you play on (would likely need to be Sleeper or MFL).

@joey I'm glad that was useful! I'm going to write something up for the website too once we get done with the second round of changes and I'll be sure to post it here. It'll likely be a more refined version of the post I made above. We need to do better at communicating with you all as to what we're doing and why.

I wasn't thrilled that your prices doubled this year but I have to say your IDP content was the main reason I joined again. Now if you could get DD to live sync with our drafts, I'd NEVER leave. I've been asking for this and been told you guys were working on it for at least 5 years or more now.

Hey @yankeerebel our prices are the exact same as last year, even with all the crazy inflation. We were really happy to be able to keep those the same for you all.

Live draft sync remains on our radar. It hasn't to this point been something we have actively worked on, but it is on our roadmap and we do hope to at the very least make some progress towards it this summer. Would you be happy to help us test it if we were in a position to do that in August, and if so what site do you play on (would likely need to be Sleeper or MFL).

@Simon Shepherd, I paid $34.95 last year for the Elite level. My understanding is this year you included the online apps instead of leaving them separate like you did last year. I paid $62.53 this year even though I still use the DD Classic.

Most of my leagues are on Fantrax. None of them are on Sleeper or MFL. I would love to help beta test it if you can get it on Fantrax, ESPN or Yahoo.

I will add, in the past, I have had the rankings pulled up with my team selected so it shows my players and the free agents while I'm drafting. I have seen the rankings update by changing free agents from blue to yellow indicating they are on my team when I draft them. It's been doing that for years. You can't be far from figuring this out.

There have been similar complaints over the past few years. Content not as good, Timeliness of content, etc.

What is and has been frustrating to me is it seems like FBG's as a whole are working through problems in mid-June when perhaps these issues should have been dealt with in March.
Trying to work through new things in mid-June isn't what we pay for.

I just asked the other day about the VBD tool. Historically it has come out around this time. Now, much like Joe mentioned above with this topic, FBG's is "hoping" June 30th.

Sometimes new and fancy isn't the answer. Don't fix things that aren't broke.

Take care guys.

@yankeerebel I think you're referring to the changes we made in pricing from 2021 to 2022. That included rolling the apps into the subscription. For some people this meant a price decrease, for others a small increase. But, rolling the apps into the subscription was something that many of you here had asked for and we wanted to try to make a change there that felt fairer and in response to the feedback we'd received about pricing the apps separately. The 2022 pricing is the same pricing we are using for 2023.

@Payne I outlined in my post above our thoughts on the approach of the rankings project. I appreciate many people just want what they've always had. That's totally understandable; I have a ton of stuff in my own life that I'll never want to change. We're hard at work on that and hear your feedback loud and clear that you would like the classic tools earlier in the year.

There have been similar complaints over the past few years. Content not as good, Timeliness of content, etc.

What is and has been frustrating to me is it seems like FBG's as a whole are working through problems in mid-June when perhaps these issues should have been dealt with in March.
Trying to work through new things in mid-June isn't what we pay for.

I just asked the other day about the VBD tool. Historically it has come out around this time. Now, much like Joe mentioned above with this topic, FBG's is "hoping" June 30th.

Sometimes new and fancy isn't the answer. Don't fix things that aren't broke.

Take care guys.

Couldn't disagree more. The content is the best it's ever been with deeper and better content in every area. While also continuing to support the classic tools that we know the long-time customers enjoy. Something that comes at a big expense both for the content but also in problems supporting two different systems. The Classic tools release in mid to late June. As I said, that will again be the case this year. The new tools are better than they've ever been. We've done more listening to customer feedback and responding to suggestions than we've ever done. For timeliness of content, I've no idea what you mean as for the past 3 years, we haven't missed a content deadline for when something was promised.

I do agree with you the best solution would have been to have the new rankings system perfect in March instead of late June. Unfortunately, tech development projects sometimes have hangups. And sometimes, as in this case, we see a much better way to present the content for our customers later in the timeline and decide to implement an improvement in June. All for the sole reason of trying to bring the best product we can to our subscribers.

But as always, the customer decides. If the above isn't suitable for you, let us know and we can process a refund and cancellation for you. We have a 30 day money back guarantee but we'll make an exception for someone like you. We obviously welcome feedback and discussion as we have since Day 1. But it appears you're not in agreement with the level of quality we're providing and we never want anyone to not feel like they're getting way more than their money's worth with a subscription.

Last edited:
Also, we want to keep the Shark Pool 99% Fantasy Football News so I'm closing this one.

We'll have the new feature for the Individual Ranking ready very soon and we can start a new thread on it there. Thanks. And as always, if you're having trouble getting something to work properly for you, please visit www.footballguys.com/help. There are a ton of answers pre populated but if you can't find what you need, please scroll down and click the blue "contact support" button. They'll need a few bits of info from you to help and then they'll do their best to get you going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread