What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indy DB info (1 Viewer)

Rozelle

Colts | Jefferson Willing to Move to Safety - from www.KFFL.comThu, 9 Jun 2005 06:37:02 -0700Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts CB Joseph Jefferson was asked to move to safety and he complied. Head coach Tony Dungy said part of the reason for Jefferson's relocation was the pending suspension of starting SS Mike Doss. "It may be long term," Dungy said of the Jefferson move, "but it's certainly short term because we're preparing for what we eventually do with Mike." Jefferson was a starting free safety at Western Kentucky before moving to cornerback.

Colts | Jefferson Willing to Move to Safety - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 9 Jun 2005 06:37:02 -0700

Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts CB Joseph Jefferson was asked to move to safety and he complied. Head coach Tony Dungy said part of the reason for Jefferson's relocation was the pending suspension of starting SS Mike Doss. "It may be long term," Dungy said of the Jefferson move, "but it's certainly short term because we're preparing for what we eventually do with Mike." Jefferson was a starting free safety at Western Kentucky before moving to cornerback.
So this might mean that Jefferson will be the FS and Sanders will be the SS? Didn't Sanders play the SS position last season and was then quoted as moved to FS this year with Doss at the SS? :confused:

I think its a safe bet to say Jefferson will be FS and Sanders to SS while Doss is out of the equation.

I would hazard a guess that this means Marlin Jackson is going to begin the season as a starter . . .

Just a quick thought.....it doesn't say he will be a starter....who else does Indy have at safety? I thought they had 3 decent safeties already and the challenge was how do they get Doss and Sanders on the field at the same time.

Just a quick thought.....it doesn't say he will be a starter....who else does Indy have at safety? I thought they had 3 decent safeties already and the challenge was how do they get Doss and Sanders on the field at the same time.
I'm not an Indy homer, so take this for what it worth. Gerome Sapp may be only real competion for Jefferson if Doss is out an extended period or traded. Ourlads does have Jefferson behind Doss on depth chart at FS ahead of Sapp.

To be honest, I think this downgrades Jefferson's value and upgrades the value of both Jackson and Strickland.There is no way Jefferson will play SS. Therefore...assuming he starts at FS, his value will be average at best. The FS is the Cover-2 has a lot of pass responsibility. This translates into lousy tackle numbers.With Jefferson out of the picture, the two CB's spots are now open game to only three CB's: Strickland, Harper, and Jackson. I'm not sure Jackson starts in Week 1, but I'm fairly confident Harper will be the one taking the backseat when he does.

To be honest, I think this downgrades Jefferson's value and upgrades the value of both Jackson and Strickland.

There is no way Jefferson will play SS. Therefore...assuming he starts at FS, his value will be average at best. The FS is the Cover-2 has a lot of pass responsibility. This translates into lousy tackle numbers.

With Jefferson out of the picture, the two CB's spots are now open game to only three CB's: Strickland, Harper, and Jackson. I'm not sure Jackson starts in Week 1, but I'm fairly confident Harper will be the one taking the backseat when he does.
I agree on Jefferson, although I look for Jackson to start.

Users who are viewing this thread