What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (1 Viewer)

After taking a week off for vacation (tried to do some on trip but didn't have room), I feel pretty good heading back in and I think my body leaner. For me, my weightloss/gain is always time release. Laps about 10 days.

For those that are running out of gas during the day, how are you doing on the nutrition side of things? His handbook is a pretty good guide and I am betting essential for success in month two. Every meal has to have max benefit.

after the first 3 days of using my old cross training shoes and my feet hurting I went out and bought a decent new pair. Huge difference, get some good shoes if you are just starting or if your shoes just suck, its well worth it.
I stopped wearing shoes after the first couple of weeks. It was killing my feet. No issues since.

After taking a week off for vacation (tried to do some on trip but didn't have room), I feel pretty good heading back in and I think my body leaner. For me, my weightloss/gain is always time release. Laps about 10 days.For those that are running out of gas during the day, how are you doing on the nutrition side of things? His handbook is a pretty good guide and I am betting essential for success in month two. Every meal has to have max benefit.
I paid a lot of attention to it at the beginning of month one, and followed my plan pretty well. Weekends were tough being out of the normal routine, and I struggled with eating properly. Month two started and the whole first week I was starving. I felt hungry while doing the workout! Those workouts did not go well. I adjusted and the second week has been much better.Biggest issue for me was getting enough protein, I think. The wife does not cook much meat, so we had to fix that.

Giant Wooden Badger said:
mozzy84 said:
after the first 3 days of using my old cross training shoes and my feet hurting I went out and bought a decent new pair. Huge difference, get some good shoes if you are just starting or if your shoes just suck, its well worth it.
I stopped wearing shoes after the first couple of weeks. It was killing my feet. No issues since.
No shoes, no shirt, no pants. Allllllll riiiiight!

mozzy84 said:
I have a bad knee and thought some more support/cushion might help it not get so sore. Might have to try the shoe less route though just to try it.

JerseyToughGuys said:
After taking a week off for vacation (tried to do some on trip but didn't have room), I feel pretty good heading back in and I think my body leaner. For me, my weightloss/gain is always time release. Laps about 10 days.For those that are running out of gas during the day, how are you doing on the nutrition side of things? His handbook is a pretty good guide and I am betting essential for success in month two. Every meal has to have max benefit.
I have been doing the 5 "meals" a day thing and drinking protein supplements, but not following any meal plan at all besides watching calories (not going on drinking binges would help more though) I feel great during the day and thats with lifting at the gym over lunch time. after the insanity workout though I am pretty shot the rest of the evening. day 11 and I am down 5 pounds, cant complain about that.

Ned, where you at bro?

Day 5 was definitely the easiest for me surprisingly.

Pure Cardio baby, pure cardio!

Ned, where you at bro?Day 5 was definitely the easiest for me surprisingly.Pure Cardio baby, pure cardio!
I'm buried in work and just finished up. I am seriously thinking about going out to drink my pain away from this horror of a day at work and picking up day 5 tomorrow. :confused: To the shoes questions - I also go barefoot...

Ned, where you at bro?Day 5 was definitely the easiest for me surprisingly.Pure Cardio baby, pure cardio!
I'm buried in work and just finished up. I am seriously thinking about going out to drink my pain away from this horror of a day at work and picking up day 5 tomorrow. :confused: To the shoes questions - I also go barefoot...
You can't Ned, I need you to be on the same schedule as me.We get a break on Sunday, it's only 38 minutes today, (it's Pure Cardio and something Abs but you only do Cardio week 1).DIG DEEP!!!!Think about how much better those beers will taste knowing you worked hard before.

I'm buried in work and just finished up. I am seriously thinking about going out to drink my pain away from this horror of a day at work and picking up day 5 tomorrow. :wall: To the shoes questions - I also go barefoot...
You can't Ned, I need you to be on the same schedule as me.We get a break on Sunday, it's only 38 minutes today, (it's Pure Cardio and something Abs but you only do Cardio week 1).DIG DEEP!!!!Think about how much better those beers will taste knowing you worked hard before.
:bag: I decided to go knock it out while the wife was still getting the kids settled down for the night. I felt great today and really glad I decided to stick with it today.

JerseyToughGuys said:
I have been doing the 5 "meals" a day thing and drinking protein supplements, but not following any meal plan at all besides watching calories (not going on drinking binges would help more though) I feel great during the day and thats with lifting at the gym over lunch time. after the insanity workout though I am pretty shot the rest of the evening. day 11 and I am down 5 pounds, cant complain about that.
:bag: I'm doing the same thing. Today for example (I drink a ton of water throughout the day)...Breakfast @ 730a - Oatmeal, 2 hard boiled eggs, water(coffee throughout the AM)Snack @ 1030a - Cliff Builder's Bar LOVE THESE THINGSLunch @ 1230p - Tuna (whole can), mustard, lettuce, slice of american cheese on 12grain toastedSnack @ 300p - Apple, 1 serving of unsalted peanutsRecovery drink @ 800p - 2 scoops Muscle Milk in 16oz waterDinner - TBDUsually I'm working out at 4 or 5, but thanks to work I'm all screwed up today.

I'm buried in work and just finished up. I am seriously thinking about going out to drink my pain away from this horror of a day at work and picking up day 5 tomorrow. :goodposting: To the shoes questions - I also go barefoot...
:pickle: I decided to go knock it out while the wife was still getting the kids settled down for the night. I felt great today and really glad I decided to stick with it today.
Rock on!

Finished Day 6 first thing this morning.

Starting to get a little easier.

Very much looking forward to an off day tomorrow.

Finished Day 6 first thing this morning.Starting to get a little easier.Very much looking forward to an off day tomorrow.
Nice. I think it got 'easier' because there wasn't as much of a shock factor since we knew what to expect this time. I don't know if I was more focused on using my core this time, but I can really feel it in my lower abs - just above my hips. It feels like I did a set of 200 flutter kicks.

Finished Day 6 first thing this morning.

Starting to get a little easier.

Very much looking forward to an off day tomorrow.
Nice. I think it got 'easier' because there wasn't as much of a shock factor since we knew what to expect this time. I don't know if I was more focused on using my core this time, but I can really feel it in my lower abs - just above my hips. It feels like I did a set of 200 flutter kicks.
Yep, definitely. Some ofthe excercises I barely did last time because I spent so much time trying to watch and see how to even do them, this time I knew and really focused on keeping my core tight as long as possible.I still have a looong way to go but I'm glad I'm doing this!

finished insanity today.

here are my #'s

Weight - down 7lb (went down quickly at the start of month 1 and month 2, then plateau)

Waist - down 2.5 inches (32.5 to 30)

Hips down 3 inches (38-35)

Fit test results

First fit test Final Fit Test

Switch kicks 131 158

Power Jacks 58 67

Power Knees 110 152

Power Jumps 41 72

Globe Jumps 10 14

Suicide Jumps 15 20

Push Up Jacks 22 35

Low Plank Oblique 58 76

I am more impressed what this has done for my core, I now have a defined six pack and am really quite tight through my mid section. Also dropped a minute and a half off my 10k pb (now under 38!) with minimal run training (i ran 3x a week during these 9 weeks).

I am now going to focus on my running exclusively for the next three weeks but will do some insanity workouts on off days along with cardio abs every other day.

Hope others see the same results!

finished insanity today.here are my #'s Weight - down 7lb (went down quickly at the start of month 1 and month 2, then plateau)Waist - down 2.5 inches (32.5 to 30)Hips down 3 inches (38-35)Fit test resultsFirst fit test Final Fit TestSwitch kicks 131 158Power Jacks 58 67Power Knees 110 152Power Jumps 41 72Globe Jumps 10 14Suicide Jumps 15 20Push Up Jacks 22 35Low Plank Oblique 58 76I am more impressed what this has done for my core, I now have a defined six pack and am really quite tight through my mid section. Also dropped a minute and a half off my 10k pb (now under 38!) with minimal run training (i ran 3x a week during these 9 weeks).I am now going to focus on my running exclusively for the next three weeks but will do some insanity workouts on off days along with cardio abs every other day.Hope others see the same results!
Nice work!! How did you manage your schedule on running days? I've been tempted to double up on a day or two with running, but afraid I'll burn out.

I learned a valuable lesson today on my off day that I figured I'd pass along...

Went riding with my brother and friend for a few hours. In my excitement I totally forgot to eat lunch before heading out. Combine the heat and lack of food, I bonked really hard. I felt OK when I was riding, but didn't have my usual energy. Every time we stopped for a break, I felt so hungry I wanted to puke. Our trails are right around the corner from our house, so I flew back home and downed a banana and some muscle milk. Went back out and felt like a completely different rider.

It seems pretty obvious, but man is fuel really important. I will never skimp on food again.

Starting in on this tomorrow morning at 6AM... Rolling out of bed, doing some stretches and hitting play on the 'Fit Test'. We'll see how it goes - I'm too scared to find out what I'm getting myself into by reading too much of this thread, so I'm going in blind more or less.

:goodposting:

Getting this through craigslist on the cheap. I have never done any type of organized exercise before, thus have no idea how to do any moves with proper technique. Would you guys suggests going through the day before hand to learn how to do each exercise with good form, or just wing it as I go? Also, how much room do you generally need to the exercises? Thanks, I'm ready to be pummeled.

Getting this through craigslist on the cheap. I have never done any type of organized exercise before, thus have no idea how to do any moves with proper technique. Would you guys suggests going through the day before hand to learn how to do each exercise with good form, or just wing it as I go? Also, how much room do you generally need to the exercises? Thanks, I'm ready to be pummeled.
I never had either. just jump in a start doing it, if nothing else your first fitness test numbers will be low and you will be able to kill the numbers a month from now.

Anyone have the nutrition plan in an emailable form? I'd love a copy: sidkuhn@gmail.com

Thanks!

Noticing some increased stamina/the ability to get most or almost all the way through sets without taking a break, at least until the very end.

Ned said:
I learned a valuable lesson today on my off day that I figured I'd pass along... Went riding with my brother and friend for a few hours. In my excitement I totally forgot to eat lunch before heading out. Combine the heat and lack of food, I bonked really hard. I felt OK when I was riding, but didn't have my usual energy. Every time we stopped for a break, I felt so hungry I wanted to puke. Our trails are right around the corner from our house, so I flew back home and downed a banana and some muscle milk. Went back out and felt like a completely different rider. It seems pretty obvious, but man is fuel really important. I will never skimp on food again.
I start insanity at 6:30 am, start work at 8:30, finish work around 4, run from 4:30-5:30 or 6:00Tough schedule but whatever, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ned said:
I learned a valuable lesson today on my off day that I figured I'd pass along... Went riding with my brother and friend for a few hours. In my excitement I totally forgot to eat lunch before heading out. Combine the heat and lack of food, I bonked really hard. I felt OK when I was riding, but didn't have my usual energy. Every time we stopped for a break, I felt so hungry I wanted to puke. Our trails are right around the corner from our house, so I flew back home and downed a banana and some muscle milk. Went back out and felt like a completely different rider. It seems pretty obvious, but man is fuel really important. I will never skimp on food again.
I start insanity at 6:30 am, start work at 8:30, finish work around 4, run from 4:30-5:30 or 6:00Tough schedule but whatever, I wouldn't have it any other way.
I was actually contemplating the opposite schedule, but sounds good. I'll probably run first thing at around 5:30am doing mostly LSD twice a week or so. I'm going to wait a little bit before I start this up. Today was the start of week 2 and I had a nice run in with my buddy Mr. Dead Legs. Wondering if the route of couch potato to P90x to Insanity in ~ 110 days is catching up with me or if I just had a bad day. But, I'm pretty damn wiped right now and my legs are achin'. We'll see...

Frankbot said:
Starting in on this tomorrow morning at 6AM... Rolling out of bed, doing some stretches and hitting play on the 'Fit Test'. We'll see how it goes - I'm too scared to find out what I'm getting myself into by reading too much of this thread, so I'm going in blind more or less. :goodposting:
UPDATE: Insanity is most definitely properly named. That Fit Test kicked my butt! Hat's off to any of you who have completed or even near-completed this thing... I doubt I'll make it through the first week.Anyway, my lame Day 1 numbers for posterity's sake:1. Switch Kicks: 752. Power Jacks: 453. Power Knees: 824. Power Jumps: 455. Globe Jumps: 66. Suicide Jumps: 127. Push-Up Jacks: 258. Low Plank Oblique: 55

Frankbot said:
Starting in on this tomorrow morning at 6AM... Rolling out of bed, doing some stretches and hitting play on the 'Fit Test'. We'll see how it goes - I'm too scared to find out what I'm getting myself into by reading too much of this thread, so I'm going in blind more or less. :goodposting:
UPDATE: Insanity is most definitely properly named. That Fit Test kicked my butt! Hat's off to any of you who have completed or even near-completed this thing... I doubt I'll make it through the first week.Anyway, my lame Day 1 numbers for posterity's sake:1. Switch Kicks: 752. Power Jacks: 453. Power Knees: 824. Power Jumps: 455. Globe Jumps: 66. Suicide Jumps: 127. Push-Up Jacks: 258. Low Plank Oblique: 55
welcome aboard - getting through the soreness of week one sucked for me, but if you get through it you'll at least want to go a couple more weeks I bet. finished my 2nd fit test tonight, I feel like absolute crap after that. Managed to only miss one day through 2 weeks (skipped a thursday recovery workout) which I think is pretty good for a smoker and part time alcoholic.

Ned said:
I was actually contemplating the opposite schedule, but sounds good. I'll probably run first thing at around 5:30am doing mostly LSD twice a week or so. I'm going to wait a little bit before I start this up. Today was the start of week 2 and I had a nice run in with my buddy Mr. Dead Legs. Wondering if the route of couch potato to P90x to Insanity in ~ 110 days is catching up with me or if I just had a bad day. But, I'm pretty damn wiped right now and my legs are achin'. We'll see...
yea I have kept my noon lifting schedule at the gym going, I could tell last week (and even today) I was getting alot more dizzy during lifts and just felt more gassed than normal. I wish I could follow that meal plan because I think it would help a ton but I'm just not a cook and my kids arn't going to eat most of that stuff if I did.

Rest day for me today. One more week to go. I missed a workout on Friday so I skipped Core Cardio & Balance. Really looking forward to the end since my legs are just about done. I get through the warm up and stretch just fine. Then by the 3rd set of the 1st interval in Max Interval Training (which is the devil by the way), my legs are spent and I can barely do the in-and-out abs or wide runs. For the next two intervals it's a lot of 30 seconds on, 15 seconds rest, etc. Still burnt 1,350 calories over the hour with an average heart rate of 158.

I'm thinking that after Insanity I'm going to a 5 day a week routine of 3 days of Insanity then 2 days of P90X Shoulders and Arms. After a month or so I'll mix in some P90X back work. I want to keep the Insanity cardio but add some additional muscle up top.

For you P90X guys, which of the vids (if there are any) don't require any equipment other than a pullup bar? I have that but don't really want to have to buy bands or anything once I start some sort of Insanity/P90X hybrid.

For you P90X guys, which of the vids (if there are any) don't require any equipment other than a pullup bar? I have that but don't really want to have to buy bands or anything once I start some sort of Insanity/P90X hybrid.
All of the strength videos require some sort of resistance equipment.

Off the top of my head....Cardio X, Kenpo, Ab Ripper, Plyo, Core Synergistics, and there are only a couple of things on Chest and Back that you would use weights for.

What's up with the bonus dvds in the deluxe set? I just threw in the max interval & insane abs dvds and it just bounces around the workout. Will show you how to do an exercise then immediately skips to another segment.

I felt something new today that I've never felt before. While doing the mummy kicks during the Pure Cardio warmup, I felt my wedding ring slopping around on my finger. It's never been loose in the 6 years we've been married. I felt a ton better today vs. yesterday. I felt really good and didn't need to tap out for a break until we got to the 2nd to last set. :lmao:

I felt something new today that I've never felt before. While doing the mummy kicks during the Pure Cardio warmup, I felt my wedding ring slopping around on my finger. It's never been loose in the 6 years we've been married. I felt a ton better today vs. yesterday. I felt really good and didn't need to tap out for a break until we got to the 2nd to last set. :popcorn:
:confused: awesome good for you. starting week 3 today myself and I killed it compared to when I started. Only stopped for a break a couple times, it might have just been one of those days though cuz I felt great all day and lifted super hard and sweated a ton at the gym over lunch also.

I felt something new today that I've never felt before. While doing the mummy kicks during the Pure Cardio warmup, I felt my wedding ring slopping around on my finger. It's never been loose in the 6 years we've been married. I felt a ton better today vs. yesterday. I felt really good and didn't need to tap out for a break until we got to the 2nd to last set. :shrug:
:thumbup: awesome good for you. starting week 3 today myself and I killed it compared to when I started. Only stopped for a break a couple times, it might have just been one of those days though cuz I felt great all day and lifted super hard and sweated a ton at the gym over lunch also.
Gotta love those days when you feel like Superman. :hifive:

What's up with the bonus dvds in the deluxe set? I just threw in the max interval & insane abs dvds and it just bounces around the workout. Will show you how to do an exercise then immediately skips to another segment.
I had the same problem in all the Max DVDs. I went online to the site where I bought it and they are sending me new ones. Most of them I was able to burn myself a copy, which worked fine even though the original was trash. It did not work on the Max Sports or Insane Abs ones, though. I'm stuck doing the Recovery and Cardio Abs till they arrive.

I had the same problem in all the Max DVDs. I went online to the site where I bought it and they are sending me new ones. Most of them I was able to burn myself a copy, which worked fine even though the original was trash. It did not work on the Max Sports or Insane Abs ones, though. I'm stuck doing the Recovery and Cardio Abs till they arrive.
I haven't checked all mine as I haven't gotten into month 2 yet. Hope that's not the case, I'm guessing I'll be SOL as I got mine off ebay. So, how did you make a working copy if the originals were messed up?

I haven't checked all mine as I haven't gotten into month 2 yet. Hope that's not the case, I'm guessing I'll be SOL as I got mine off ebay. So, how did you make a working copy if the originals were messed up?
I don't know why it worked. It was just to take a shot, otherwise I'd lose a week + waiting for the new DVDs. I used DVD Fab to copy them. I then backed up the first month just in case the manufacturer's DVDs are failing. If anyone has this issue, and cannot copy them, I'm sure someone here can list the moves and timing for each interval. Use your own stopwatch (which I did) and keep saying "Dig Deeper!" to yourself.I still haven't gotten them yet, but the tracking number says they hit the US yesterday. I'm leaving for vacation Friday, so I hope they get here tomorrow. I'd like to try Insane Abs before I finish next week.

Noticing some increased stamina/the ability to get most or almost all the way through sets without taking a break, at least until the very end.
Where ya at, GB?
Doing good, I'm shocked at how I'm actually notcing my little 'love handles' disappearing, and my 6-pack is slowly reappearing. Very pleased.Although my legs are WEAK! I have no stamina in my quads, and I've realized my shoulders have gotten weak too.I really need to start hitting the weights more, I'm thinking I'll probably jog and lift when this is all over and do insane abs, this schedule is killing me.I'm supposed to go to a company thing Friday after work, open bar. WTF am I supposed to do? I can't do it when I get back on Fri night, I suppose I could do it Sat and then do my Sat routine on Sunday...Either way, still here, still kicking my own ### daily.

Users who are viewing this thread