What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Aaron Brooks a Top 12 NFL QB? (1 Viewer)

Is Aaron Brooks a Top 12 NFL QB?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fridayfrenzy

Footballguy
Aaron Brooks kind of seems like the opposite of Vick in that he always does well as a fantasy QB, but is not a top QB in the NFL.

What say you?

He just doesn't seem to have "it." The guy makes dumb mistakes on the field and doesn't appear to be a team leader.

Hello Friday, this was your top 12-15 QBS.

I am talking in real NFL terms, not fantasy.

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. McNabb

4. Palmer

5. Hasselbeck

6. Vick

7. Roethlisberger

8. Delhomme

9. Culpepper

10. Delhomme

11. Brees

12. Green/Bulger/Plummer/Leftwich

Brooks isn't even my top 15 of QBs, and the Saints seem to think the same as he was benched and they are looking for a new

QB

Not bad but I'm going to make some comments.

1. What are you basing your list on? wins, statistics or both.

2. You mentioned Delhomme twice.

3. Leftwich IMO doesn't belong ahead of Brooks

4. Bulger should be way up the list. Again IMO

5. Vick doesn't belong ahead of Brooks or in the top 12 at all. IMO

6. Roethlisberger wins but doesn't have great passing stats.

My comments are in bold

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only do I scoff at the idea of Brooks being a top 12 QB, but also at the idea that Vick is "a top NFL QB".

Not only do I scoff at the idea of Brooks being a top 12 QB, but also at the idea that Vick is "a top NFL QB".
Any QB who wins as much as Vick does is a "top NFL QB". The Falcons had only a couple winning seasons in the decade before Vick became the starter and they haven't had a losing season since with him at QB. In 2003 the team was 2-10 while he was injured and he came back and won 3 out 5.

This thread is a joke, right? Brooks isnt even a top 25 QB. He is the LAST guy you want leading your team. A walking disaster. He might be the WORST starting QB in the NFL.

I always considered him overvalued because of his numbers but I actually like him. He's not a top 12 but he isnt far behind the middle of the pack amoung starters IMO. Currently he's undervalued because his team went through a natural disaster and he practically gave up. It shouldnt take much for him to get back up to mediocrity.

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. McNabb

4. Palmer

5. Hasselbeck

6. Vick

7. Roethlisberger

8. Delhomme

9. Culpepper

10. Delhomme

11. Brees

Brooks isn't even my top 15 of QBs, and the Saints seem to think the same as he was benched and they are looking for a new

QB

My comments are in bold
So you think Brooks is Top 12. Well lets see your list then.

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. McNabb

4. Palmer

5. Hasselbeck

6. Vick

7. Roethlisberger

8. Delhomme

9. Culpepper

10. Delhomme

11. Brees

QB

My comments are in bold
What are you talking about? He just said that Brooks is not even in his top 15.

Aaron Brooks kind of seems like the opposite of Vick in that he always does well as a fantasy QB, but is not a top QB in the NFL.

What say you?
He is neither a good NFL or fantasy QB, in my opinion.

Any QB who wins as much as Vick does is a "top NFL QB". The Falcons had only a couple winning seasons in the decade before Vick became the starter and they haven't had a losing season since with him at QB. In 2003 the team was 2-10 while he was injured and he came back and won 3 out 5.
And how have they done with Matt Shaub? Just as well.I used to be a huge Vick supporter, loved watching him and just wanted to see him succeed...But watching the guy try and throw a pass is just laugh out loud funny. He misses some of the easiest passes out there over and over again, and misses them badly.

When your team insists you attend leadership training sessions in the offseason, and your team never lives up to its considerable potential under your watch, AND you seemingly find humor and smile at the most inappropriate times [i.e., after key turnovers], you are MOST CERTAINLY not in the top 12 of NFL QB, not even close.

And how have they done with Matt Shaub? Just as well.I used to be a huge Vick supporter, loved watching him and just wanted to see him succeed...But watching the guy try and throw a pass is just laugh out loud funny. He misses some of the easiest passes out there over and over again, and misses them badly.
0-2 as the starter is just as well? :shrug:

Manning= got it all

Brady= knows how to win

Hasselbeck= moving up

Bulger =frail but if he is healthy quick release smart confident

Palmer= see hass.

Brees= steady but not special

McNabb= would rank him higher if not for cold streaks throwing

Delhomme= see brees

Plummer= good improviser, makes me nervous

Roth= manages game

Green= on the decline

Brooks= Imo has all the tools necessary to be real good, except for the head, maybe different team and coach will make a difference.

Now keep in mind this is how I would rate them, I didn't use any tried true formula or statistical data. If I was a coach this is the order I would take them in.

When your team insists you attend leadership training sessions in the offseason, and your team never lives up to its considerable potential under your watch, AND you seemingly find humor and smile at the most inappropriate times [i.e., after key turnovers], you are MOST CERTAINLY not in the top 12 of NFL QB, not even close.
some people smile due too nerves or stress not necessarily because they think a situation is funny

Last edited by a moderator:
QBs currently in the NFL I would rather have running my team...

Carson Palmer

Jon Kitna

Jake Plummer

David Carr

Peyton Manning

Byron Leftwich

David Garrard

Trent Green

Gus Frerotte

Tom Brady

Chad Pennington [if healthy]

Kerry Collins

Ben Roethlisberger

Drew Brees

Steve McNair

Billy Volek

Kurt Warner

Michael Vick

Matt Schaub

Jake Delhomme

Drew Bledsoe

Brett Favre

Brad Johnson

Daunte Culpepper [if healthy]

Eli Manning

Donovan McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

Marc Bulger

Chris Simms

Mark Brunell

Roethlisberger doesn't pass a lot, but he does have great passing stats. 98.6 passer rating was behind only Manning & Palmer this season. His 8.9 ypa was tops in the NFL. His completion % of 62.7 was 9th in the NFL. His 105.8 passer rating in the first half (before the Steelers go into protect mode) was 2nd in the NFL, only behind Palmer.

Carson Palmer

Jake Plummer

Peyton Manning

Byron Leftwich

Trent Green

Tom Brady

Chad Pennington [if healthy] (an oxymoron)

Kerry Collins

Ben Roethlisberger

Drew Brees

Steve McNair

Kurt Warner

Michael Vick

Jake Delhomme

Drew Bledsoe

Brett Favre

Daunte Culpepper [if healthy] (Brooks was better in 05)

Eli Manning

Donovan McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

Marc Bulger

Chris Simms

Mark Brunell
Fixed

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. McNabb

4. Palmer

5. Hasselbeck

6. Vick

7. Roethlisberger

8. Delhomme

9. Culpepper

10. Delhomme

11. Brees

QB

My comments are in bold
What are you talking about? He just said that Brooks is not even in his top 15.
No, that part was still my quote.

From the "Build a franchise" thread:

QB: 1.02 Peyton Manning, 1.08 Tom Brady, 1.14 Donovan McNabb, 1.25 Carson Palmer, 1.28 Ben Roethlisberger, 2.04 Marc Bulger, 2.28 Michael Vick, 3.07 Matt Hasselbeck, 3.15 Daunte Culpepper, 3.21 Eli Manning, 4.07 Drew Brees, 4.17 Trent Green, 4.29 Jake Delhomme, 5.23 Byron Leftwich, 5.24 Jake Plummer, 6.22 Brett Favre, 10.13 Philip Rivers, 10.16 Matt Schaub, 10.20 David Carr, 10.21 Charlie Frye, 11.06 David Garrard, 11.18 Chris Simms, 11.32 Steve McNair, 12.14 Aaron Rodgers, 12.30 Kurt Warner, 14.02 Brad Johnson, 14.11 Patrick Ramsey, 15.01 Kerry Collins, 15.15 Rex Grossman, 18.06 Drew Bledsoe, 18.21 Jon Kitna, 18.23 Chad Pennington, 18.24 Aaron Brooks, 19.10 Billy Volek, 20.17 Alex Smith, 21.09 Jason Campbell, 21.25 Mark Brunell, 21.27 Josh McCown, 21.28 Brian Griese, 21.30 Kyle Boller, 23.05 Tim Rattay, 24.13 Trent Dilfer, 24.15 Kelly Holcomb, 24.20 Matt Cassel, 25.21 Kyle Orton, 25.22 Joey Harrington, 25.29 Gus Frerotte
FWIW, Brooks ended up on my team, and we made sure to take Campbell (and later traded for Chris Simms). Should tell you about how well respected Brooks is. 33rd QB taken.

What say you?
He is neither a good NFL or fantasy QB, in my opinion.
He has averaged a Top 10-12 Fantasy QB over the last 3-5 years....thats pretty decent.

What Atlanta did in the 90s has NOTHING to do with Vick.And in 2003, they had Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner playing in his place. Neither belongs in the NFL, even as a 3rd-stringer. The difference in record with/without Vick was more due to how bad his replacements were than anything he did.

QB: 1.02 Peyton Manning, 1.08 Tom Brady, 1.14 Donovan McNabb, 1.25 Carson Palmer, 1.28 Ben Roethlisberger, 2.04 Marc Bulger, 2.28 Michael Vick, 3.07 Matt Hasselbeck, 3.15 Daunte Culpepper, 3.21 Eli Manning, 4.07 Drew Brees, 4.17 Trent Green, 4.29 Jake Delhomme, 5.23 Byron Leftwich, 5.24 Jake Plummer, 6.22 Brett Favre, 10.13 Philip Rivers, 10.16 Matt Schaub, 10.20 David Carr, 10.21 Charlie Frye, 11.06 David Garrard, 11.18 Chris Simms, 11.32 Steve McNair, 12.14 Aaron Rodgers, 12.30 Kurt Warner, 14.02 Brad Johnson, 14.11 Patrick Ramsey, 15.01 Kerry Collins, 15.15 Rex Grossman, 18.06 Drew Bledsoe, 18.21 Jon Kitna, 18.23 Chad Pennington, 18.24 Aaron Brooks, 19.10 Billy Volek, 20.17 Alex Smith, 21.09 Jason Campbell, 21.25 Mark Brunell, 21.27 Josh McCown, 21.28 Brian Griese, 21.30 Kyle Boller, 23.05 Tim Rattay, 24.13 Trent Dilfer, 24.15 Kelly Holcomb, 24.20 Matt Cassel, 25.21 Kyle Orton, 25.22 Joey Harrington, 25.29 Gus Frerotte
FWIW, Brooks ended up on my team, and we made sure to take Campbell (and later traded for Chris Simms). Should tell you about how well respected Brooks is. 33rd QB taken.
It amazes me that a board where people take QB W/L record seriously as a statistic could have a draft and only take 10 QBs in the first 3 rounds. That is an amazing logical disconnect.

It amazes me that a board where people take QB W/L record seriously as a statistic could have a draft and only take 10 QBs in the first 3 rounds. That is an amazing logical disconnect.
As one of the teams that waited, I disagree. After the first few elite QBs, I'd rather develop the defense and OLine instead of taking a guy like Eli, CPep (now) or Brees. I was happy with Warner and Campbell starting given their values.Each of us had a philosophy, some will work better than others.

Keep in mind though, out of the top QBs, each has a very good team around them. Really, until you get to Culpepper and Favre - who were both terrible this year, and then Carr, can you say with absolute certainty that the QB would be as good on a much lesser team? Take Peyton for example, imagine he's a Texan. I highly doubt he's seen as the premier QB in the NFL then.

But this is besides the point, I quoted the list just to show our consensus on Brooks, not to change this to the value of a QB.

Carson Palmer

Jon Kitna

Jake Plummer

David Carr

Peyton Manning

Byron Leftwich

David Garrard

Trent Green

Gus Frerotte

Tom Brady

Kerry Collins

Ben Roethlisberger

Drew Brees

Steve McNair

Billy Volek

Kurt Warner

Michael Vick

Matt Schaub

Jake Delhomme

Drew Bledsoe

Brett Favre

Brad Johnson

Eli Manning

Donovan McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

Marc Bulger

Chris Simms

Mark Brunell
Why are you listing the players better than McMahon in an Aaron Brooks thread? :D

Carson Palmer

Jon Kitna

Jake Plummer

David Carr

Peyton Manning

Byron Leftwich

David Garrard

Trent Green

Gus Frerotte

Tom Brady

Kerry Collins

Ben Roethlisberger

Drew Brees

Steve McNair

Billy Volek

Kurt Warner

Michael Vick

Matt Schaub

Jake Delhomme

Drew Bledsoe

Brett Favre

Brad Johnson

Eli Manning

Donovan McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

Marc Bulger

Chris Simms

Mark Brunell
Why are you listing the players better than McMahon in an Aaron Brooks thread? :D
:) Oh, these guys and about 50 others are better than Mike McMahon :X But I would honestly rather have all of the aforementioned running my huddle than Aaron Brooks in 2006. :yes:

I'm wondering if Brooks were in a different situation if he would play better? Now don't get me wrong, I am not impressed at all and do not see him as anything better than top 20 NFL QB. But let's be realistic. Last year NO was not a good place to be. Ask any player on that team. The happiest players were the one's IR'd for the season. At least they got a reprieve.

The environment was terrible for these guys. No real home games. Constant reminders of the loss and heartbreak. Who could be expected to perform well in that situation?

I do feel Brooks would be better off with another team but I do not have confidence he can be anything better than top 20. And that's being kind.

Take Peyton for example, imagine he's a Texan. I highly doubt he's seen as the premier QB in the NFL then.

The Colts were the Texans before Manning got there. They were awful and Peyton became a premier QB in spite of the cicumstance. The Colts have been a contender ever since.

Carson Palmer

Jon Kitna

Jake Plummer

David Carr

Peyton Manning

Byron Leftwich

David Garrard

Trent Green

Gus Frerotte

Tom Brady

Kerry Collins

Ben Roethlisberger

Drew Brees

Steve McNair

Billy Volek

Kurt Warner

Michael Vick

Matt Schaub

Jake Delhomme

Drew Bledsoe

Brett Favre

Brad Johnson

Eli Manning

Donovan McNabb

Matt Hasselbeck

Marc Bulger

Chris Simms

Mark Brunell
I was going to type out a list when I discovered Wood beat me to it. Aaron Brooks has been a top-tier fantasy quarterback but he has never been a very good NFL quarterback. Very inconsistent, lots of yardage once the team is down by a couple of touchdowns and a distinct lack of leadership make him one of the worst starting quarterbacks and not a top 12 guy. I would even take Philip Rivers over him at this point.

Manning= got it all

Brady= knows how to win

Hasselbeck= moving up

Palmer= see hass.

Delhomme= see brees

Roth= manages game

Green= on the decline

Brooks= Imo has all the tools necessary to be real good, except for the head, maybe different team and coach will make a difference.

Now keep in mind this is how I would rate them, I didn't use any tried true formula or statistical data. If I was a coach this is the order I would take them in.
You are in the minority here. Keep grasping.

What Atlanta did in the 90s has NOTHING to do with Vick.And in 2003, they had Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner playing in his place. Neither belongs in the NFL, even as a 3rd-stringer. The difference in record with/without Vick was more due to how bad his replacements were than anything he did.
I don't think that it's mere coincidence that the first year that Vick took over from Chandler (not a bad QB) that the team suddenly made the playoffs. It wasn't all Vick, but he was a huge part of helping the team win.Bringing up how bad Johnson and Kittner were doesn't change that the Falcons won when Vick returned. That logic is as faulty as saying that the Steelers record with/without Roethlisberger was due more to how bad Maddox was than anything he did.

Manning= got it all

Brady= knows how to win

Hasselbeck= moving up

Palmer= see hass.

Delhomme= see brees

Roth= manages game

Green= on the decline

You are in the minority here. Keep grasping.
I don't mind being in the minority. Why do all of your replies seem so smug. Why can't you just respond without the attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread