What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is anyone starting Randy Moss with confidence? (1 Viewer)

Ripleys

Footballguy
I just can't seem to bring myself to start him without Brady. I know the 49'ers on paper are a good matchup, but I'm seriously considering benching him. Anyone think Randy can rebound without Brady? Does this guy have ANY desire now?

I just can't seem to bring myself to start him without Brady. I know the 49'ers on paper are a good matchup, but I'm seriously considering benching him. Anyone think Randy can rebound without Brady? Does this guy have ANY desire now?
I'm starting him over Engram and Mason, although not with confidence. I think the desire angle is much more media driven than actual, but maybe that's my more "hopeful" view. Boston papers are writing about him connecting over the bye week with Cassel, sitting down together breaking down tape and generally trying to get on the same page, and stepping up as a leader in the locker room as one of the elected team captains. We'll see how he rolls this week. He won't be what we drafted, but he can still be a productive WR on your team. Just temper expectations.

Boston papers are writing about him connecting over the bye week with Cassel, sitting down together breaking down tape and generally trying to get on the same page, and stepping up as a leader in the locker room as one of the elected team captains.
Great stuff, I had not heard that. Thanks!

I've got him in there this week. If he can't have a big game against the 49ers with 2 weeks for them to gameplan he's headed to the pine until he shows me something.

I traded LJ for Moss and am busting out Brandon Marshall, AJ, and Moss at Flex...Championship :)
What a terrible trade you just made. Basically, you traded a first round pick for another one valued about the same...only Moss has not, and will not, justify his ADP, while LJ, surprisingly, looks like he will meet or possibly exceed his ADP.You may have just traded away your "championship."

Starting with confidence. Have a troupe of Wayne, Santonio, Cotchery, Moss and Meachem. Starting Wayne, Moss and Meachem over Santonio with cotch on a bye. He's gonna go OFF.

7 121 2

Mark it down

:goodposting:

Starting with all kinds of confidence. The butt whipping and the bye week were the best things for that O and Moss owners. Randy can point out that obviously getting him the ball twice a game ain't gonna cut it. The bye week helps him and Cassel get on the same page and work on their timing and play execution. I think the Pats and Moss are going to want to come out and make a big statement. 100+ yds and 1 TD at least. Book it.

That's the best I can do to convince myself

Starting him reluctantly along with Fitzgerald and Eddie Royal. Cotch on a bye, bench WRs include Matt Jones, Kevin Walter and Steve Breaston (return yardage league). Can't quite bring myself to bench Moss in favor of those guys, although they've ALL got decent matchups.

Last time I did that it cost me (had Royal on the bench with Cotch starting). We'll see.

I traded LJ for Moss and am busting out Brandon Marshall, AJ, and Moss at Flex...Championship :bow:
What a terrible trade you just made. Basically, you traded a first round pick for another one valued about the same...only Moss has not, and will not, justify his ADP, while LJ, surprisingly, looks like he will meet or possibly exceed his ADP.You may have just traded away your "championship."
If LJ played the Broncos 30th ranked D every week, I would have kept him. Talk to me after this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't not start your first (or maybe second) rounder. Moss will be in every week. Can't miss the games he goes off. I'm sure some things were ironed out in the bye. And hey, it's the Niners this week.

You can't not start your first (or maybe second) rounder. Moss will be in every week. Can't miss the games he goes off. I'm sure some things were ironed out in the bye. And hey, it's the Niners this week.
I an agreement w/ ckatw. Owners likely drafted him in late 1 or early 2. With that kind of investment, it is tough to keep him on the bench - particularly after only 3 games (granted the most recent 2.75 amount of game time was a major drop). Unless you are in a yahoo league with a bunch of guppies, the only way you will get anything decent in return is to package him in a deal that involves swapping him and another likely better performer. Bottom line I think with Moss is that you have to hold out hope that he can turn this thing around and then - maybe trade him, striking while the coals are hot. Of course, then you have the decision on wondering whether or not they turned it around.This week v. the 49ers should be telling. They have had time to work on chemistry, establish what Cassell can and cannot do, and find a way to work those into a game plan that takes advantage of Moss's abilities. If they tank again this week, I would say it's pretty much a lost cause. FWIW: I have Randy in my 12 team, PPR league. My WR's are him, Santonio Holmes, Roddy White, and Brandon Lloyd. Not much there. I have had no doubts about starting him. I am still undecided on Roddy White or Holmes, though I likely will roll with Holmes and against a depleted Jags secondary. If Randy lays an egg this week, then I pretty much will default to Roddy and Santonio the rest of the way and will try to package Moss with another commodity to swing a deal for a better WR1.

How do you not start a healthy Randy Moss off a bye?

Quote me even if he gets 3 catches for 27 yards but I wouldn't bench him. I don't have him but if I did, unless I had something like Brandon Marshall and Fitzgerald in only a 2 start WR league, I don't see how you can bench Randy Moss.

Starting him with Fitz & Chambers. Patriots need playmakers and Moss definatley has the ability to break a game open. Plus good matchup with the Niners off of a bye week.

Those who sold very low on Moss will get their first taste of disappointment this weekend.

Those who sold very low on Moss will get their first taste of disappointment this weekend.
Denver over KC is a lock, too.I am starting Moss, though not with any confidence. I'm not blindly concluding that they used the bye week to plan a way to get the ball to moss. Plus, SF and every other team will continue to plan to prevent Moss from getting the ball.If he's healthy, he'll score TDs here and there. But that's hardly a WR1 or a "must-start" even if he has a good game this week. I'm not so sure he'll do better than Ocho, who's on my bench.

Boston papers are writing about him connecting over the bye week with Cassel, sitting down together breaking down tape and generally trying to get on the same page, and stepping up as a leader in the locker room as one of the elected team captains.
Suck on that, disgruntled Vikings and Raider fans. Apparently a leopard can change his spots, when he's not embroiled in a universe of suck.

Suck on that, disgruntled Vikings and Raider fans. Apparently a leopard can change his spots stripes, when he's not embroiled in a universe of suck.
Fixed for Emmitt.

I'm starting Santana Moss and Vincent Jackson over him this week.

Randy has done zero in his last two games, in my HTH, I can't risk another goose egg.

I have to start him. This week will be THE indicator of what we can expect from here out. I start him this week, after the bye, and cross my fingers. It's all up to Randy now. Will he work a little harder so he can last in New England till Brady returns? I start him this week. Then all bets are off.

Jambi said:
:thumbup: Moss is a lock for at least 8 receptions 140 yards and a TD this week. Those numbers are his floor, too.

Jambi said:
:thumbup: Moss is a lock for at least 8 receptions 140 yards and a TD this week. Those numbers are his floor, too.
I would be most thankful and very happy with that kind of a game from Randy Moss today.

Jambi said:
;) Moss is a lock for at least 8 receptions 140 yards and a TD this week. Those numbers are his floor, too.
:bag: This is wishful thinking. I am starting him but as a flex next to Andre Johnson and Fitz. I'd be happy with 5/60/1.

I figure that if Moss doesn't produce this week after a bye in which he spent hours and hours working with Cassel, then he's getting traded for minimal value or he's sitting on my bench. I'm 1-3 this season (after winning the championship last season), so I don't have a lot of time to waste a spot in my starting lineup on someone that isn't producing. It's been an incredibly frustrating season...especially after losing Brady in week one. Was really counting on those double TDs from Brady to Moss. Ouch.

I'm starting him as a flex with Andre Johnson and Desean Jackson.

I am somewhat confident that Moss' numbers will improve. I just can't see a Bill Belichick team wasting the best WR in the league.

Starting him and AJ with confidence...or is because I am afraid to start Mason and V.Jackson :confused:

benching Bowe and breaston for randy.

My other starters are Wayne and Calvin.

Wouldn't be surprised to see randy as my #4wr the rest of the year if he fails today.

its only been 2 full games with cassel. im not 100% confident hell absolutly blow up but hes getting the start and i think he'll have a pretty good day. i mean who watched the saints 9ners last week, jesus! is it safe to say moss can put up Moore like numbers? hahaha. he'll have a great day........i hope

thnak god i have marshall

That ball was on a rope too. Just want Randy needed to see from Cassell to get him FIRED UP!

He's feelin it

Users who are viewing this thread