What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Arizona still in the hunt for the #2 seed? (1 Viewer)

Aardvarks

Footballguy
Ok....

Saints - cruising at 13-1, #1 seed about a lock

Vikings - slipped to 11-3

Eagles - 10-4

Cardinals - 9-5

Rich Eisen keeps talking about how the Eagles have a chance at the #2 seed. Collinsworth was also talking like the Eagles will take it somehow. They have a decent shot.

But let's assume the Eagles lose to Denver & Dallas and fall to 10-6....

Since the Cards beat the Vikings, if the Cards go 11-5 and the Vikings go 11-5 wouldn't the Cards have the #2 seed by virtue of whipping the Vikes a few weeks ago?

Are you saying Minnesota will lose the Bears on Monday Night? Of course who thought they would have lost to the Panthers tonight...

If Philly loses their last two, and Minnesota loses their last two, and Arizona wins their last two, then yes, the Cards would get the #2. If any of those six games don't go that way, the Cards can't get a bye.

If Philly loses their last two, and Minnesota loses their last two, and Arizona wins their last two, then yes, the Cards would get the #2. If any of those six games don't go that way, the Cards can't get a bye.
...so you're saying there's a chance...

i think the big thing being addressed here is that the AZ attack gets to face SL with likely nobody sitting, which is key for wk 16 matchups,

As crazy as it may sound I think the Cowboys can get the #2 seed as well. If Minnesota loses it's last 2, and Arizona loses 1 of 2 and the Cowboys win out, meaning they beat Philly. Then the Cowboys would be tied with the Vikings and the Cowboys would own the tie breaker in Conference Record. Also, if Green Bay wins out they would be tied with Minnesota but Minnesota owns the tie breaker with them for the division because of head 2 head match up, but Green Bay would hold the tie breaker with Dallas because of head 2 head match up. But Green Bay will be a wildcard team, thus allowing Dallas to be a division winner who would get the #2 seed. This is brewing up to be the perfect storm of complete confusion. O BTW, Minnesota loses next week at Chicago, BOOK IT. That is a lock.

i think the big thing being addressed here is that the AZ attack gets to face SL with likely nobody sitting, which is key for wk 16 matchups,
Cardinals won't rest starters: The NFC West champion Cardinals won't be resting up for the playoffs, not after that struggle in Detroit in Week 15. Coach Ken Whisenhunt plans to play to win Sunday when the Cardinals host the Rams. The team needs to work out its problems before the postseason, and Whisenhunt noted Arizona has a longshot chance to climb to the No. 2 seed and get a first-round bye. But its a remote possibility, at best, and Whisenhunt says the most important thing is to try to improve and "get a hot streak going into the playoffs." http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfo...layerpage/12797

Glad to hear they want to go full steam, as I own Beanie and Fitz.

BUT... they should be up on the sorry Rams 21-0 before you can blink. I like Wells in that scenario, as he should get a ton of carries. But I might just bench Fitz for Steve Smith (the Carolina version), seeing that he tweaked his knee last week and they really won't need him.

Cardinals won't rest starters: The NFC West champion Cardinals won't be resting up for the playoffs, not after that struggle in Detroit in Week 15. Coach Ken Whisenhunt plans to play to win Sunday when the Cardinals host the Rams. The team needs to work out its problems before the postseason, and Whisenhunt noted Arizona has a longshot chance to climb to the No. 2 seed and get a first-round bye. But its a remote possibility, at best, and Whisenhunt says the most important thing is to try to improve and "get a hot streak going into the playoffs." http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfo...layerpage/12797
:popcorn: Music to my ears. :fitzowner:

Users who are viewing this thread