What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Bart Starr Overrated? Maybe yes, maybe no. (1 Viewer)

Is Bart Starr Overrated as one of the best ever?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Number of times Fla\/\/ed has personally attacked someone on these boards - 100.  Which, surprisingly is still lower than Starr's INTs.  Why this guy is still allowed to post is beyond me.
No that just isn't nice. Go back to the FFA and tell us why Bill Callahan is giving Husker fans hope. :D
I am done there. I am just waiting to bump that thread in year.
Because you were :own3d:
Ummm, no. It's funny to me reading your responses to other's post. Based on what I read, I would guess your age at about 15-16, but then you say you have a wife. Poor girl.
Mr. Sensitive for 11-9-05. :thumbup: If you read this thread, how can you not poke fun at JimmyU? As for you....

We are waiting for that update on Callahan bringing hope to Husker fans. The city of Lincoln is just oozing with optimism today. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Number of times Fla\/\/ed has personally attacked someone on these boards - 100.  Which, surprisingly is still lower than Starr's INTs.  Why this guy is still allowed to post is beyond me.
No that just isn't nice. Go back to the FFA and tell us why Bill Callahan is giving Husker fans hope. :D
Ummm, no. It's funny to me reading your responses to other's post. Based on what I read, I would guess your age at about 15-16, but then you say you have a wife. Poor girl.
Mr. Sensitive for 11-9-05. :thumbup: We are waiting for that update on Callahan bringing hope to Husker fans. The city of Lincoln is just oozing with optimism today. :lmao:
I still don't think you live/work in Lincoln because most Husker fans are not down on Callahan like you imply. Sure, they are disappointed, but that is only because they were used to the success of the old program. Realistic fans and those that even know a little about football know that it will take time to be back on top again. My guess is you are a transplanted K-State or Colorado fan filled with bitterness.

Mr. Sensitive for 11-9-05. :thumbup: We are waiting for that update on Callahan bringing hope to Husker fans. The city of Lincoln is just oozing with optimism today. :lmao:
I still don't think you live/work in Lincoln because most Husker fans are not down on Callahan like you imply. Sure, they are disappointed, but that is only because they were used to the success of the old program. Realistic fans and those that even know a little about football know that it will take time to be back on top again. My guess is you are a transplanted K-State or Colorado fan filled with bitterness.
Wrong again on so many counts. I'm overlooking O Street as I type this.How can you be so clueless to state most Husker fans are not down on Callahan?

You were already wrong in the Husker thread so don't make it worse by trying to hijack this thread. Thanks for playing but there are no departing gifts for you. :lmao:

I know that what I say isn't popular, and GB is the best franchise in the history of the NFL, but I also say that Lombardi is that franchise, and Starr happen to be along for the ride (bad stats and all). I will state that he doesn't belong with the all time great QBs (see below). Lombardi is however, the greatest coach that ever lived. We all knew that, didn't we?

His stats just don't add up to being one of the best ever. You can't include him in the same breath as Unitas, Montana, Elway, Marino, Graham, Favre, Young, and countless others. His numbers DON'T support being one of the best QB's ever, but with the rings, some will think so. I'm sure that if a lot of QBs played in that system, they would have been considered the best ever. Marino doesn't have a ring, but most consider him one of the best ever. I personally believe you have to consider stats when labeling someone one of the best ever. Is it the only criteria? No. Here are some stats for Starr.

24,000+ yds, 57% completion rate, and NEVER THREW FOR 20 tds,

152 tds / 138 ints.

ONLY THREW DOUBLE DIGIT TDs 7 TIMES in 16 YEARS.

For those of you who forgot, and not to insult your intelligence, double digit = 10.

Rypien, D Williams, J McMahon, and Dilfer won championships, and they will never be mentioned with the elite qb's of all time. I think that if Trent Dilfer played for those 60's Packer teams, he would be considered in the same light as Starr. Maybe Jim McMahon would be a better example? Maybe you can fill in the blanks yourself?

With all the "is he overrated" threads over the years, if this guy doesn't qualify,

then no one does.

Edit - I thought Chase Stuart had an interesting post

Bart Starr's passing statistics are being overrated. You are forgetting to remember that there were only 13 teams in the NFL in 1960.

So when Starr ranked 9th in passing yards in 1960, that's not like ranking 9th in the modern NFL. In 1966 when he ranked 8th in passing yards, there were only 15 teams.
Yes Starr is over rated. Should Not be in the HOF in my book. :no:

I think that most championships of any QB's make him the best and a HOF QB, my opionion.The QB position has been, and probably will continue to be about leadership more so than stats, and that makes the number of championships relevant to who is the best of all time.

I think that most championships of any QB's make him the best and a HOF QB, my opionion.

The QB position has been, and probably will continue to be about leadership more so than stats, and that makes the number of championships relevant to who is the best of all time.
:goodposting:

Some more stats...

9/16 (56.3%) for 125 yards av. per game.

.048 TD per Attempt and .044 INT per Attempt.

13.67 YPC and 7.85 YPA.

Appearances in Top 10 PY since 1960...

1960: 9th

1961: 4th

1962: 8th

1964: 8th

1965: 10th

1966: 8th

1967: 10th

1. Earl Morrall was responsible for the Dolphins perfect season in 1972, not Griese.
That's partly true. Miami was already 4-0 when Griese got injured. Morrall played badly in the AFC Championship Game (and he barely led his team to a win against the Browns the week before). With the game tied at 7-7, Griese came off the bench and threw a 52-yard pass to Warfield to set up the go-ahead score. Miami never trailed again.Morrall played a legendarily bad game in Super Bowl III and he wasn't much better in Super Bowl V (but was bailed out by his defense). He was one of the worst big-game QB's in history.
From ESPN.com...Morrall, who started in the Colts' Super Bowl III loss to the Jets, took over from Super Bowl V starter Johnny Unitas, who was taken out with bruised ribs near the end of the first half. Morrall had been Johnny U's backup throughout the 1970 season, but was a two-time Pro Bowler and such a great reserve that Bob Cohn of the Washington Times recently proposed an "Earl Morrall Award" for excellent play by reserve QBs.

The Colts trailed the Cowboys 13-6 at the intermission. Morrall, helped greatly by two second-half interceptions by Baltimore's defense, led the Colts to a touchdown and, finally, the game-winning field goal by Jim O'Brien as time expired. On the day, Morrall completed 7 of 15 passes for 147 yards.
I never got around to responding to this but since the thread has been revived, that "helped greatly" is putting it about as mildly as is possible. Here's how Morrall "led" the Colts back from a 13-6 deficit: The Colts defense picked off a pass in the 4th quarter and returned it to the Dallas 3. The Colts ran it in two plays later. The game-winning field goal was set up by another Colts INT return, this one to the Dallas 28. The Colts advanced the ball three whole yards before Jim O'Brien kicked a 32-yard field goal to win it (the goalposts were on the goal line in that era). Morrall's biggest contribution to the win, other than throwing one fewer interception in the 2d half than Unitas threw in the 1st half, was his successful fielding of the snap on the game-winning kick. Back to Starr, Unitas is clearly better only if you look at cumulative yards and TD's. Starr is better if you look at things like completion percentage, yards per attempt, QB career rating, big game performances, and total championships won.

Back to Starr, Unitas is clearly better only if you look at cumulative yards and TD's.  Starr is better if you look at things like completion percentage, yards per attempt, QB career rating, big game performances, and total championships won.
The differences between completion % and passer rating are very small. 57-54% comp, and 80-78% rating. When you look at 40,000+ yds compared to 24,000, and 290 tds compared to 152, that's huge. By the way, Unitas won 3 world champonships. He also holds a record that may never be broken, 47 straight games throwing a TD, and he did it over 5 seasons, starting his rookie year (1956-1960).

These overrated threads are getting more and more ridiculous. Is anyone here at all over the age of 16????

These overrated threads are getting more and more ridiculous.  Is anyone here at all over the age of 16????
Hey, I didn't bump this one, Flawed did. However, if anyone deserves an overrated thread, Starr does.

These overrated threads are getting more and more ridiculous.  Is anyone here at all over the age of 16????
It was started by someone with dementia.
:lmao: You shoiuldn't have bumped this thread, because the gap has closed a little. The "Yes" is catching up.

Back to Starr, Unitas is clearly better only if you look at cumulative yards and TD's.  Starr is better if you look at things like completion percentage, yards per attempt, QB career rating, big game performances, and total championships won.
The differences between completion % and passer rating are very small. 57-54% comp, and 80-78% rating. When you look at 40,000+ yds compared to 24,000, and 290 tds compared to 152, that's huge. By the way, Unitas won 3 world champonships. He also holds a record that may never be broken, 47 straight games throwing a TD, and he did it over 5 seasons, starting his rookie year (1956-1960).
No need to pimp Unitas. Nobody's questioning whether he's one of the greatest, if not the greatest, QB of all time. It's Starr we're debating.Starr was born about 8 months after Unitas and Unitas clearly got off to the better NFL start, winning two titles in '58 and '59. But his numbers really dropped off, as did his team's record, for several years while Starr kept getting better and better, taking his team to the title game for three straight years, winning two (and leading his team to the NFL's 2d-best record in 1963 but missing the postseason). Starr's total of 5 titles and 6 title-game appearances were not just a by-product of his mere presence on a superior team. The record shows Starr was a big game quarterback. Here's the regular season records for the Packers and Colts between 1964-1967:

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

The Colts were actually a bit better, yet Green Bay won three championships in those four years. The Colts none. The Colts were certainly better in 1964. They led the league in offense and defense and were big favorites to beat Cleveland in the title game but in one of the biggest playoff upsets ever the Browns crushed the Colts 27-0 and Unitas threw for only 95 yards. Starr's Packers were never upset in a postseason game.

The next year Green Bay and Baltimore tied for the best record in the Western Conference and had a playoff. The Pack won 13-10 in OT. Unitas was injured and didn't play in the game while Starr got hurt early in the game and never returned, so the result tells us little about either man though it does suggest the teams were very close in talent without their starting QB's. However, there would have been no need for a playoff if the Colts could have beaten Green Bay in either of their regular season matchups. Instead they got swept. In the title game Green Bay easily defeated the same Browns team that blanked Unitas the year before.

In 1966 Green Bay finished 3 games ahead of the second-place Colts to earn another Western Conference title. Green Bay again swept the Colts in the regular season. Had it been the other way around, the Colts would have gone to the playoffs not the Packers. Green Bay went on to win the NFL championship and the first Super Bowl.

In 1967, the NFL split into 4 divisions, with the Colts and Packers in different ones. The Colts were an amazing 11-0-2 heading into the last week of the regular season. But the Rams were just a game behind at 10-1-2. The two teams met in week 14 and the Colts picked a really bad time to lose their first game of the year, getting crushed 34-10. The Packers won their division "only" going 9-4-1, but they easily beat the Rams the next week in the playoffs 28-7. Starr then led the Packers to their 3d straight NFL title in the legendary "Ice Bowl" Game and then a 2d Super Bowl win.

Unitas had great teams from 1964 to 1967. He couldn't get it done. Time after time in the 60's we see Starr winning the big games and Unitas losing them. Starr either beat Unitas, or beat the teams the Colts couldn't get past, or both.

Both men played in 2 Super Bowls. Here are the numbers:

Starr 29 of 47, 452 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT (2 MVP awards)

Unitas 14 of 33, 198 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT's

Sure, Unitas was past his prime by then but if you're going to give him credit for a title in 1970 then you have to count the stats too. And they would look even worse without that flukey twice-deflected 75-yarder to Mackey that was Unitas' only Super Bowl TD pass. (Personally, I think giving Unitas credit for the Colts' 1970 title is a bit of a stretch. The team got moved to the AFC and beat up on inferior competition, Unitas had one of his worst seasons ever, he split time with Earl Morrall, and he was playing horribly in the Super Bowl when he got knocked out of the game).

Yes Unitas threw for many more yards and touchdowns than Starr. Unitas also had Berry, Mackey, and Lenny Moore to throw to. Three Hall of Famers. That's three more HOF targets than Starr had.

I'm not arguing Starr was better than Unitas, only that you can make a reasonable argument either way, and if you can do that then Starr can't be overrated. Obviously I have too much time on my hands and have put way too much effort into researching this. But I find the suggestion that Starr is overrated to be really annoying. He's actually underrated. When both players were their in their primes, their teams were of comparable talent but it was Starr's teams that consistently won the big games. I think Starr was the difference.

I'm not arguing Starr was better than Unitas, only that you can make a reasonable argument either way, and if you can do that then Starr can't be overrated. Obviously I have too much time on my hands and have put way too much effort into researching this. But I find the suggestion that Starr is overrated to be really annoying. He's actually underrated. When both players were their in their primes, their teams were of comparable talent but it was Starr's teams that consistently won the big games. I think Starr was the difference.

No need to pimp Unitas. Nobody's questioning whether he's one of the greatest, if not the greatest, QB of all time. It's Starr we're debating.Starr was born about 8 months after Unitas and Unitas clearly got off to the better NFL start, winning two titles in '58 and '59. But his numbers really dropped off, as did his team's record, for several years while Starr kept getting better and better, taking his team to the title game for three straight years, winning two (and leading his team to the NFL's 2d-best record in 1963 but missing the postseason). Starr's total of 5 titles and 6 title-game appearances were not just a by-product of his mere presence on a superior team. The record shows Starr was a big game quarterback. Here's the regular season records for the Packers and Colts between 1964-1967:

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

The Colts were actually a bit better, yet Green Bay won three championships in those four years. The Colts none. The Colts were certainly better in 1964. They led the league in offense and defense and were big favorites to beat Cleveland in the title game but in one of the biggest playoff upsets ever the Browns crushed the Colts 27-0 and Unitas threw for only 95 yards. Starr's Packers were never upset in a postseason game.

The next year Green Bay and Baltimore tied for the best record in the Western Conference and had a playoff. The Pack won 13-10 in OT. Unitas was injured and didn't play in the game while Starr got hurt early in the game and never returned, so the result tells us little about either man though it does suggest the teams were very close in talent without their starting QB's. However, there would have been no need for a playoff if the Colts could have beaten Green Bay in either of their regular season matchups. Instead they got swept. In the title game Green Bay easily defeated the same Browns team that blanked Unitas the year before.

In 1966 Green Bay finished 3 games ahead of the second-place Colts to earn another Western Conference title. Green Bay again swept the Colts in the regular season. Had it been the other way around, the Colts would have gone to the playoffs not the Packers. Green Bay went on to win the NFL championship and the first Super Bowl.

In 1967, the NFL split into 4 divisions, with the Colts and Packers in different ones. The Colts were an amazing 11-0-2 heading into the last week of the regular season. But the Rams were just a game behind at 10-1-2. The two teams met in week 14 and the Colts picked a really bad time to lose their first game of the year, getting crushed 34-10. The Packers won their division "only" going 9-4-1, but they easily beat the Rams the next week in the playoffs 28-7. Starr then led the Packers to their 3d straight NFL title in the legendary "Ice Bowl" Game and then a 2d Super Bowl win.

Unitas had great teams from 1964 to 1967. He couldn't get it done. Time after time in the 60's we see Starr winning the big games and Unitas losing them. Starr either beat Unitas, or beat the teams the Colts couldn't get past, or both.

Sure, Unitas was past his prime by then but if you're going to give him credit for a title in 1970 then you have to count the stats too. And they would look even worse without that flukey twice-deflected 75-yarder to Mackey that was Unitas' only Super Bowl TD pass. (Personally, I think giving Unitas credit for the Colts' 1970 title is a bit of a stretch. The team got moved to the AFC and beat up on inferior competition, Unitas had one of his worst seasons ever, he split time with Earl Morrall, and he was playing horribly in the Super Bowl when he got knocked out of the game).

Yes Unitas threw for many more yards and touchdowns than Starr. Unitas also had Berry, Mackey, and Lenny Moore to throw to. Three Hall of Famers. That's three more HOF targets than Starr had.

When I say overrated, I mean it in terms of whether to consider him in the same breath as the all-time greats. I think we sometimes put too much emphasis on championships when we determine if someone is great or not. Dan Marino was better than Bart Starr IMO, and he didn't win a title. Starr rode the coat tail of Lombardi and and the Packer sweep. His passing numbers sure don't suggest greatness. He managed the game well. I'm sure there are a lot of QBs who could have done that, and would be in the HOF today if they were in Starr's shoes in the 60's. When I created this thread, I expected most to disagree. That's ok. Actually, I'm surprised by the number of people who agree with me.

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

His passing numbers sure don't suggest greatness. He managed the game well. I'm sure there are a lot of QBs who could have done that, and would be in the HOF today if they were in Starr's shoes in the 60's.
Those comments can only come from someone that knows nothing about the NFL.Do some research tomorrow on what Bart Starr's peers think about how well he played or how well respected Starr is for what he did on the field.

I have no idea why you keep bringing this subject up? If you had any smarts you'd stop because you are

:own3d:

each time you do. :lmao:

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

His passing numbers sure don't suggest greatness. He managed the game well. I'm sure there are a lot of QBs who could have done that, and would be in the HOF today if they were in Starr's shoes in the 60's.
Those comments can only come from someone that knows nothing about the NFL.Do some research tomorrow on what Bart Starr's peers think about how well he played or how well respected Starr is for what he did on the field.

I have no idea why you keep bringing this subject up? If you had any smarts you'd stop because you are

each time you.
That's your opinion, and you are the one who bumped this thread. I stated my opinion on it, and I guess there are 28 other people who say he is overrated when comparing him to the all-time greats. I guess they are :own3d: as well. By the way Fla\/\/ed, I've noticed 2 things about you. one, you are a jerk in most of your posts to almost everyone. Why? Also, quit stalking me. ;)

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

each time you.
That's your opinion, and you are the one who bumped this thread. I stated my opinion on it, and I guess there are 28 other people who say he is overrated when comparing him to the all-time greats. I guess they are :own3d: as well. By the way Fla\/\/ed, I've noticed 2 things about you. one, you are a jerk in most of your posts to almost everyone. Why? Also, quit stalking me. ;)
No, I'm only a jerk to guys that take the tool factor up. Your belief on Starr takes the tool factor to a very high level. By they way.....who threw the first jab today? It was you in the Favre thread reminding us that you felt Starr was overrated. You really need some help. All signs point to an old man with dementia.
You know, you have got to stop getting personal in this forum. They put up with that crap over at FFToday, but not here. You have labeled me with dementia 3 or 4 times today. I'm warning you to stop the personal attacks. Better yet, don't reply to any of my posts, and I'll do the same.
Unreal.....does the old man need some Depends too?
I'm not going to respond at your level. One thing I do know, and that is that I can deal with differing opinions in a way that doesn't require that I get personal with others. You obviously cannot. It shows your immaturity. It doesn't bother me when others disagree with me. You cannot seem to deal with that very well.

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

each time you.
No, I'm only a jerk to guys that take the tool factor up. Your belief on Starr takes the tool factor to a very high level. By they way.....who threw the first jab today? It was you in the Favre thread reminding us that you felt Starr was overrated. You really need some help. All signs point to an old man with dementia.
You know, you have got to stop getting personal in this forum. They put up with that crap over at FFToday, but not here. You have labeled me with dementia 3 or 4 times today. I'm warning you to stop the personal attacks. Better yet, don't reply to any of my posts, and I'll do the same.
Unreal.....does the old man need some Depends too?
It doesn't bother me when others disagree with me.
I have edited my post. Once again, Johnny ran to the mods.

[i have edited my post. Once again, Johnny ran to the mods.
Now he is going at it by PM. Damn dude. Quit making personal attacks in this forum, and we will get along fine. I could care less if you disagree with me on something. Hell, that's healthy, but saying someone needs depends and has dementia, and countless other slander in many threads is tiresome.

Did Starr call the offensive plays?I thought he did, but I dont know for sure.If yes, he is not overrated.If no, maybe he is a little overrated.

Did anyone ever see him play? I do have a slight problem using championships (solely) as a key for success because football is such a team sport. Even posters here defending Starr have admitted he didn't throw much in those title games, and that his teams were stacked (i.e. 90's Cowboys).

Did anyone ever see him play? I do have a slight problem using championships (solely) as a key for success because football is such a team sport. Even posters here defending Starr have admitted he didn't throw much in those title games, and that his teams were stacked (i.e. 90's Cowboys).
You don't have to have seen him play to know what he did and come to a conclusion on whether he was great or not.If someone doesn't want to go looking for the info. themselves just read this post. MarshallRob did a pretty good job explaining some of what made Starr great (at least in his any my opinion). Feel free to come to your own conclusions.

Overrated-ness is really very relative. It depends entirely on how you see someone, compared with how you think others see that person.

I don't think anyone thinks Starr should not be in the Hall. I don't think anyone thinks Unitas should not be in the Hall. There's plenty to discuss concerning which one is "greater", but both were great in their own ways.

I was not even born yet when Bart Star played. I do not see his history as having any significance realtive to the way things are today and any comparision is extremly speculative so whats the point?I wish you guys could keep the pissing matches in the FFATIAJMO

:hey: Some of us are old enough to have seen him. He was a winner, plain and simple...no flash, no big stats, just did whatever it took to win. His numbers won't compare to guys who threw 400 times a year when he never threw even 300 passes in a year, but he threw AND COMPLETED passes when they were necessary, which means it was usually on 3rd and long and the other team was looking for a pass. I still remember one of the more amazing stats of my youth: 294 consecutive pass attempts without an interception. From a guy who only threw about 250-270 times a season, that means he went an entire year without an interception! Personally, I was always a Unitas fan (probably because his stats were so impressive to my young mind), but Starr was a close #2, even though watching the Packers win at the time was about as enjoyable as watching the Yankees win.

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

:goodposting: This is one of the best posts I have ever read in this forum. Kudos to MarshallRob. :thumbup:

This post should end this discussion IMO.

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

:goodposting: This is one of the best posts I have ever read in this forum. Kudos to MarshallRob. :thumbup:

You're entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is. Looks like 33 think otherwise. Starr was a good QB, not a great one. His career stats prevent him from being a great QB. He just didn't screw up a great Packer team. Bart Starr was a great game manager and role player. I'll give him that. I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Unitas, Montana, Young, Favre, Elway, and Marino. I believe you need the career numbers to go along with the longevity and championships. Like I said earlier, championships are overrated also, when determining the all-time greats at a position. Football is a team sport. Starr was a great team player, but only threw double digit TDs in 7 of 16 years, and had 138 ints with only 158 tds. How can that be one of the all-time greats?

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

You're entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is. Looks like 33 think otherwise. His career achievements prove he is one of the great QBs. He was the leader of some great Packer teams.
That's about right.

You're entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is.
Thanks.
Looks like 33 think otherwise.
I would be willing to bet that none of those 33 ever saw him play.
Starr was a good QB, not a great one. His career stats prevent him from being a great QB. He just didn't screw up a great Packer team. Bart Starr was a great game manager and role player. I'll give him that. I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Unitas, Montana, Young, Favre, Elway, and Marino. I believe you need the career numbers to go along with the longevity and championships. Like I said earlier, championships are overrated also, when determining the all-time greats at a position. Football is a team sport. Starr was a great team player, but only threw double digit TDs in 7 of 16 years, and had 138 ints with only 158 tds. How can that be one of the all-time greats?
I think you are starting to repeat yourself. :)
I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Unitas, Montana, Young, Favre, Elway, and Marino. I believe you need the career numbers to go along with the longevity and championships. Like I said earlier, championships are overrated also, when determining the all-time greats at a position. Football is a team sport. Starr was a great team player, but only threw double digit TDs in 7 of 16 years, and had 138 ints with only 158 tds. How can that be one of the all-time greats?
I agree, and I have never heard anyone suggest that he does belong in that group. However, that is not the complete list of "all time great" QBs. And saying Starr is not in that elite group is not the same as saying Starr is overrated.

I agree, and I have never heard anyone suggest that he does belong in that group. However, that is not the complete list of "all time great" QBs. And saying Starr is not in that elite group is not the same as saying Starr is overrated.
Sure it is

I expected only about 10%, because of the 60's Packers reputation, Lombardi, and Starr's popularity. I'm very pleased with the 34+% overrated response.

Wow, I really thought if 10% carried the "overrated" answer, that would be a miracle. Given the Lombardi mystique, and the Starr popularity, I'm beside myself in knowing that already 35% of the posters believe Starr was overrated in relation to the all-time great QBs.

I expected only about 10%, because of the 60's Packers reputation, Lombardi, and Starr's popularity. I'm very pleased with the 34+% overrated response.
Of course you are, it helps make you not look like a complete ####.

Wow, I really thought if 10% carried the "overrated" answer, that would be a miracle. Given the Lombardi mystique, and the Starr popularity, I'm beside myself in knowing that already 35% of the posters believe Starr was overrated in relation to the all-time great QBs.
So, are you looking to go crying to the mods again tonight?

I expected only about 10%, because of the 60's Packers reputation, Lombardi, and Starr's popularity.  I'm very pleased with the 34+% overrated response.
Of course you are, it helps make you not look like a complete ####.
Isn't it educational that many agree with me? I really thought that only about 10% would agree, but this is unreal 35%
:loco:

Wow, I really thought if 10% carried the "overrated" answer, that would be a miracle.  Given the Lombardi mystique, and the Starr popularity, I'm beside myself in knowing that already 35% of the posters believe Starr was overrated in relation to the all-time great QBs.
So, are you looking to go crying to the mods again tonight?
Do you give me a reason?Your cred doesn't compare. Everhone knows you are an ####.
:lmao: Calling you out in this thread is easy...you have no cred!

I even voted no to give Starr a head start.
Thank You Flawed for your participation.
Thank you for the entertainment, but you can cut back on the crying you do. :lmao:
Hey, I'm sure you have the small penis grudge on everyone. Please don't be bitter.
You are pathetic. You write that yet you are so quick to cry to the mods. :thumbdown:
God, I would hate to think that others thought of me the way they do you.
That would mean they knew you realized that Starr isn't overrated!

With the popularity of Starr, and the 60s packers, and Lombardi, I cannot believe that over 35% believe Starr is overrated. I've been blasted by FLAWED, and others, but that is OK. I only expected that 10% side with me on this. To get over 35& is great and unbeleivable

Back to Starr, Unitas is clearly better only if you look at cumulative yards and TD's. Starr is better if you look at things like completion percentage, yards per attempt, QB career rating, big game performances, and total championships won.

Colts 42-11-3

Packers 39-14-3

Agree with JWB....not about to get in your pissing match though! :P

All I ask is for you to look at the entire career passing stats. Yes, championships count, but don't stats count also when for the all-time greats? Do you count one over the other?

All I ask is for you to look at the entire career passing stats. Yes, championships count, but don't stats count also when for the all-time greats? Do you count one over the other?
No, but what kind of barometer are you looking at yourself? Give us that barometer or a mathematical formula that will take into account each statistic equally that will spit out a number for each QB that ever played the game. Getting this new number will narrow down the QB's to one simple number instead of all these different ones. Figure out this equation, figure out the final numbers and then we can have a more conclusive argument about All Time Greats. Simply saying a barometer is needed. What is going to be that barometer?

Users who are viewing this thread