What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Tampa the worst 4-0 ever? (1 Viewer)

Sure of the Pats, Colts, Steelers, Falcons and Giants so far.
then i suggest going to sportsintercation and see if the parlay on those five, and go for it.. should pay pretty good.. I don't eeven know if "makes playoffs" is a valid prop.. but if it's a lock(e).... i feel the Giants may be just as sketchey with as the bucs.. i think bucs will be defined by car and atl games (duh?) but if they win everything else... ya never know

but the Bucs are clearly one of the top 10 teams in the league.
:lmao:
If that is so funny who would you put ahead of them????????
In a random order I would take these teams in front of TB:New England

Cincinnanti

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Denver

San Diego

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Carolina

Seattle

almost making the list would be Washington, and Jacksonville

You might not agree, but like I and others have said, Tampa Bay is a 2-2 team right now.
Ravens. BBAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Are they top 10 when the D starts playing like an elite D, or when Boller comes back to league them to the playoffs?Panthers? Um, all hype.

Seattle? They grew some balls, since when?

Chargers are close. Marty ball will be their bane, again.

Either way, the Bucs are in the discussion. There's no way Seattle, Carolina, Ravens are clearly better.

Bucs are 4-0. Period. They still have a scary D, and they have a great rookie RB. Great rushing attack + great D has ='ed superbowl many many times. I don't think they're going to the superbowl, but they're clearly in the top 10.

but the Bucs are clearly one of the top 10 teams in the league.
:lmao:
If that is so funny who would you put ahead of them????????
In a random order I would take these teams in front of TB:New England

Cincinnanti

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Denver

San Diego

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Carolina

Seattle

You might not agree, but like I and others have said, Tampa Bay is a 2-2 team right now.
Ravens. BBAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. Are they top 10 when the D starts playing like an elite D, or when Boller comes back to league them to the playoffs?Panthers? Um, all hype.

Seattle? They grew some balls, since when?

Chargers are close. Marty ball will be their bane, again.

Either way, the Bucs are in the discussion. There's no way Seattle, Carolina, Ravens are clearly better.

Bucs are 4-0. Period. They still have a scary D, and they have a great rookie RB. Great rushing attack + great D has ='ed superbowl many many times. I don't think they're going to the superbowl, but they're clearly in the top 10.
Ravens :lmao: I didn't even see that.

I don't think they can be considered a top ten team until they start playing some better squads and that won't be until weeks 8-10. If they can beat Carolina, Washington, and Atlanta then they will get a lot more credit.That being said I highly doubt they are the worst 4-0 team ever. They have played some close games with some really bad teams, but maybe they step up against a top 10 team. It's hard to know. They would have to completely fold to not make the playoffs. Looking at their schedule they play 4 good teams for a grand total of 6 games. Even with Griese playing like absolute crap I just don't see how they could falter.

I don't think they can be considered a top ten team until they start playing some better squads and that won't be until weeks 8-10. If they can beat Carolina, Washington, and Atlanta then they will get a lot more credit.

That being said I highly doubt they are the worst 4-0 team ever. They have played some close games with some really bad teams, but maybe they step up against a top 10 team. It's hard to know. They would have to completely fold to not make the playoffs. Looking at their schedule they play 4 good teams for a grand total of 6 games. Even with Griese playing like absolute crap I just don't see how they could falter.
Hence the :popcorn:

hold on.. .what's the argumentTampa is a top ten teamortampa is the worst 4-0 team ever... both are arguable, I am not sure I could convincingly list 10 teams better..ARI - NOATL - MaybeBAL - NOBUF - NOCAR - MaybeCHI - NOCIN - YESCLE - NODAL - MaybeDEN - MaybeDET - NO (regardless of yesterday)GB - NOHOU - NOIND - YesJAX - NOKC - NOMIA - NOMIN - NONE - YesNO - NO (interesting)NYG - maybe JETS - NOOAK - NOPHI - YESPIT - maybeSD - MaybeSEA - NOSF - NOSTL - MaybeTEN - NOWAS - NO8 maybe4 YES20 - NOI can't convincingly say there are 10 better...edit to add even if I move SD and PIT, it's 6 yes, and 6 maybe... still not sold

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all bitter about the Packers. To give credence to an argument bring some facts. The only fact you bring is that Tampa Bay is 4-0 and that is that without admitting that they are lucky to be 4-0 right now. I dont give Green Bay any credit because they deserve none due to the piss poor playcalling from the coaching staff.

"due to the piss poor playcalling"???

Dude like GB's problems have nothing to do with their horrendous offensive line play (especially in the run-blocking department) or with Favre's affection for throwing interceptions, lately?

Man, this is sour grapes if I ever heard it. You say you don't have rose-colored glasses on, but say that the Packers' record is due to piss poor play calling?

Fine, by the same token, Tampa is 4-0 because of the FANTASTICALLY TIMELY AND INTELLIGENT play calling of Gruden and Kiffin!!

Don't dish out this crap about TB being lucky. They have done enough to win, and their opponents have not. Period. Those games were not decided by blown calls. If the calls were the major determining factor, how did the tampa defense come to be ranked # 1 in the league? How did their rushing attack produce the most rookie yards in the first three games EVER?

Guess Green Bay and Minnesota just got the raw end of the luck and officiating deals when they could not score regularly or when they were helpless as Tampa ran all over them.

Will Tampa Bay be 16-0? No way. Was it lucky that they got where they are? No way. Was luck involved at some point? Sure, but luck had nothing to do with the two Detroit players catching their touchdowns OUT OF BOUNDS. It is a game of inches and they (the detroit receivers) were just close enough to LOSE.

In a random order I would take these teams in front of TB:

New England

Cincinnanti

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Denver

San Diego

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Carolina

Seattle

"...but like I and others have said, Tampa Bay is a 2-2 team right now."WHAT?? When did THAT happen? Last I saw, they were 4-0 in the official standings?

Did the league come out with a ruling that they were "lucky" and consequentially took away two wins to balance out that "luck" factor?

Dude, get a grip - the facts are this - Tampa Bay is 4-0, and you can't handle it.

TB should have lost yesterday.

There is no way they overturn Pollards TD catch if that game is in Detroit, it was ruled a TD on the field and I watched the replay 10 times and still could not come away with a conclusive call.

Then the very next play Mike Williams catches a TD pass and does not get his second foot down..a rookie mistake.
How can you possibly say Detroit should have won that game? ....blah blah blah
Because they scored more points? (technically ;) )

TB should have lost yesterday.

There is no way they overturn Pollards TD catch if that game is in Detroit, it was ruled a TD on the field and I watched the replay 10 times and still could not come away with a conclusive call.

Then the very next play Mike Williams catches a TD pass and does not get his second foot down..a rookie mistake.
How can you possibly say Detroit should have won that game? ....blah blah blah
Because they scored more points? (technically ;) )
Ah, but "technically" they(Detriot) didn't (score more points then Tampa). You may not agree with the officials making the calls, but your disagreement does nothing to change the official standings. "Technically" Tampa is 4-0.

In a random order I would take these teams in front of TB:

New England

Cincinnanti

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

Indianapolis

Denver

San Diego

Philadelphia

Atlanta

Carolina

Seattle

"...but like I and others have said, Tampa Bay is a 2-2 team right now."WHAT?? When did THAT happen? Last I saw, they were 4-0 in the official standings?

Did the league come out with a ruling that they were "lucky" and consequentially took away two wins to balance out that "luck" factor?

Dude, get a grip - the facts are this - Tampa Bay is 4-0, and you can't handle it.
I dont know what end of stupid you woke up on today but to not say Tampa could easily be a 2-2 team is not being objective. Them the facts. Why would I be bitter, or why cant I handle it? You and other homers of other teams simply cannot face facts some times. Yeah, they are 4-0, whoopie, but in no way are they a top 10 team. Whatever grip you need to get I would ask you to get it because your other post is one of the most ludicrous today as well. Did Tampa get lucky? If you answer no you are fooling yourself.

Is Tampa a top 10 team? If you answer yes you are fooling yourself.

If Tampa was at 2-2, which they could very well be, no way do you proclaim them to be a top 10 team and have these high hopes that most Tampa homers are having. Like I said, take off the rose colored glasses and see what Tampa is really what it is. 4-0 means nothing especially when it is against teams with a what winning %?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen all four of the Bucs' games and they've clearly been the better team in each game in my opinon. With respect to the Packers' game, there may have been some goofy s**t that happened with regard to the officiating but there's no doubt in my mind the Bucs were the superior team.

I've seen all four of the Bucs' games and they've clearly been the better team in each game in my opinon. With respect to the Packers' game, there may have been some goofy s**t that happened with regard to the officiating but there's no doubt in my mind the Bucs were the superior team.
:goodposting: Now maybe you can talk your fellow packers homer psycho kev out of denial up there.

:goodposting: Now maybe you can talk your fellow packers homer psycho kev out of denial up there.
How am I in denial? I am not proclaiming the Packers a top 10 team or anything. Truly, if the Bucs were that much more better/superior of a team they would have had those teams beaten by more then 4 points or 6 points total or whatever amount it is. Give me a superior team that will not have a "worse" team in the game on the last drive of the game. Tampa squeaked out 2 wins... and squeaking out wins is not what better/superior teams do.

How am I in denial? I am not proclaiming the Packers a top 10 team or anything. Truly, if the Bucs were that much more better/superior of a team they would have had those teams beaten by more then 4 points or 6 points total or whatever amount it is. Give me a superior team that will not have a "worse" team in the game on the last drive of the game. Tampa squeaked out 2 wins... and squeaking out wins is not what better/superior teams do.
Uh, the NFL is a long season buddy. Winning close games when you're not playing your best is what good teams do. Even more so on the road.

Uh, the NFL is a long season buddy. Winning close games when you're not playing your best is what good teams do. Even more so on the road.
Good... not Great. Great teams are ranked higher then Good. They caught key breaks that allowed them a 4-0 record. Admit it! Without those breaks they are 2-2.

Good teams get the breaks that bad teams always lament don't go their way.I don't know if the Bucs are a great team, but I've been impressed so far. They're better than I anticipated at this point.

Good... not Great. Great teams are ranked higher then Good. They caught key breaks that allowed them a 4-0 record. Admit it! Without those breaks they are 2-2.
Oh, ok then. While you nitpick over language to describe the team, I'll be content knowing they couldn't have a better record than they do now. Call it whatever you wish, I call it undefeated, and I like it a lot.

Oh, ok then. While you nitpick over language to describe the team, I'll be content knowing they couldn't have a better record than they do now. Call it whatever you wish, I call it undefeated, and I like it a lot.
Glad to hear it and I am happy for you. But, they are not a top 10 team.

Glad to hear it and I am happy for you. But, they are not a top 10 team.
Yeah, ok. Want to bet how many "power rankings" we find around the web tomorrow that don't have them in the top-10? Want to place a wager on their average position in those rankings?

Tampa squeaked out 2 wins... and squeaking out wins is not what better/superior teams do.
In 2003, the Panthers won the percentage of their games by 6 points or less. They clawed their way to the Super Bowl "squeaking" by. In the Super Bowl they lost, but they played a great game against a very good team, and only lost by 3 points in the final seconds. Check out their 2003 "squeaky" wins:09/07 W, 24-23 JACKSONVILLE 72,134 09/14 W, 12-9 (OT) at Tampa Bay 65,621 09/28 W, 23-3 ATLANTA 72,765 10/05 W, 19-13 NEW ORLEANS 72,496 10/12 W, 23-20 (OT) at Indianapolis 57,082 10/19 L, 17-37 TENNESSEE 72,851 10/26 W, 23-20 (OT) at New Orleans 68,370 11/02 L, 10-14 at Houston 70,052 11/09 W, 27-24 TAMPA BAY 73,245 11/16 W, 20-17 WASHINGTON 73,263 11/23 L, 20-24 at Dallas 63,871 11/30 L, 16-25 PHILADELPHIA 72,977 12/07 L, 14-20 (OT) at Atlanta 70,079 12/14 W, 20-17 at Arizona 23,217 12/21 W, 20-14 DETROIT 72,835 12/28 W, 37-24 at NY Giants 78,130 post season01/03 W, 29-10 DALLAS 73,014 01/10 W, 29-23 (2OT) at St. Louis 66,165 01/18 W, 14-3 at Philadelphia 67,862 02/01 L, 29-32 vs. New England 71,525

Lifelong Bucs fans tend to not worry over little things like whether our 4-0 record is worthy, or if we are the top "insert number here" team or whatever. We are just happy to have that bigger number in the win column than the loss column. More years than not in my lifetime have been spent watching constant losses - I'll take a win any way we can get it. So if you shall call us the worst 4-0 team ever, so be it! We still have 4 more wins than losses at this point, and for that I am most grateful!

You Tampa homers are like discussing things with kids. "No we are the best team and you are not." "Ha Ha, (sticks tounge out and spits)" Seriously, look at your team objectively for once as few of you have in this thread and think before you post next time.

You Tampa homers are like discussing things with kids. "No we are the best team and you are not." "Ha Ha, (sticks tounge out and spits)" Seriously, look at your team objectively for once as few of you have in this thread and think before you post next time.
:P

Of all of the undefeated teams, Tampa's schedule to date has been the weakest by far. That said, I'm impressed by the effect that Caddy has had on that offense. You'll recall that Griese was at his best in Denver where they had a strong running game. If he's not the focus of the offense, then he can be effective. The defense is of course strong too. I need to see more before I'm thinking they're dominant.

I've said this in a couple of other threads, but I think Caddy's impact has been just as big on the Bucs defense. A lot of their problems over the last two years have come late in games after the other team has worn them down, due to the offense having too many three and outs. Statistically the D was still good (ie total yards allowed), but they couldn't close teams out.Being able to run the ball and collect first downs is such a boon to a quick, undersized defense like the Bucs. In fact, you saw a little of the last two years in yesterday's game. Lack of a running game combined with several turnovers meant the defense was on the field for way too long. And they almost gave up a long drive at the end to lose the game.

:shrug: I've already said they have issues. But I'm not going to apologize for any win, or say they didn't deserve some of them. You get what you deserve in the NFL...they outplayed all four teams so far, they deserve where they are.

Sorry you can't appreciate that. Bump this in a month, I'm sure I'll be happy to see their results then.

What the hell are you talking about? Do you not think the Bucs have 1 of the best defenses in the NFL right now? Can you at least come half way. I am sure Capella, myself, Barnes will be the first to tell you our offense is sporadic right now vs a terrific type offense like the Eagles have.Is Tampa a Super bowl team? Their offense wasn't that great in '02. Are they a Super Bowl team? No, not right now but if the running game continues to do well and they can become more efficient with their pass attack, good things will happen in the post season.

Get off the Bucs are a crappy 4-0 team...they're not. They're no '72 Dolphins, but they are solid.

Users who are viewing this thread