What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this a good time to lease a new car? (1 Viewer)

Random

Footballguy
Looking for a new car. Currently considering a Jeep 4xe. With the tax credit its slightly over $50k for the Sahara. Just thinking with used car prices so high, wouldn't the residual be high on a lease? Locking that in now should be a win. I've never leased before, can anyone explain why this might not be a good idea?

It’s a tough spot to try to predict car values a handful of years from now. A lot will depend on what happens with overall inflation in coming years.

So here's what I'm seeing for the 4xe Saraha.

Lease for

$485

per month for 36 months

$3,995 total due at lease signing. No security deposit required. Tax, title and license extra. Lease example for 2022 WRANGLER SAHARA 4xe.

Seems pretty good, no?

Lease for

$485

per month for 36 months

$3,995 total due at lease signing. No security deposit required. Tax, title and license extra. Lease example for 2022 WRANGLER SAHARA 4xe.

Seems pretty good, no?
$22K to borrow a car for three years
True. But if the used car market stays high, you can buy out the lease, correct? And if it tanks, the loss is capped at $22K. First time I've ever considered a lease, so I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Lease for

$485

per month for 36 months

Seems pretty good, no?

I think its hard to judge the value of a lease deal if you don't know the negotiated purchase price and the "money factor" - essentially the interest rate. As both prices and interest rates are high right now, it doesn't seem like a great time to lease, but I'm not an expert on this stuff.

Lease for

$485

per month for 36 months

Seems pretty good, no?
$22K to borrow a car for three year
True. But if the used car market stays high, you can buy out the lease, correct? And if it tanks, the loss is capped at $22K. First time I've ever considered a lease, so I have no idea what I'm looking at.
You buy out the lease on the residual value of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread