What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isn't it weird to donate for sick animals when we have sick kids? (1 Viewer)

So are Otis and I the only people that value human life over animals? The rest of you seem to be missing this point.
Pretty sure the point of the thread was Otis trying to tell people where they should spend their money. You know the guy who drops thousands on completly useless crap but looks down on people for donating to help out animals.

So are Otis and I the only people that value human life over animals? The rest of you seem to be missing this point.
Pretty sure the point of the thread was Otis trying to tell people where they should spend their money. You know the guy who drops thousands on completly useless crap but looks down on people for donating to help out animals.
The point of the thread was to ask the question of why we are donating money to cats when we could donate money to human children. Why is this so hard for you? Setting aside the fact that you're being purposefully obtuse to try and score points on me in an internet messageboard.

This shtick is always funny in these kinds of threads:

"Man I hate people, they suck. I like animals so much more."

I get this is fun shtick, sort of like the "oh man, that old hag of a wife of mine is nagging me again" shtick which is reaaaallly funny, but if you truly feel this way, you honestly have bigger issues than we can resolve on a message board.

HTH
We'll be in the room next door to the meeting of people that value privacy hedges over helping sick children
That was good shtick the first time it was raised on page 1. After about the 4th time it was raised on page 1 it wasn't really funny at all. We're on page 5. May I show you to the Shark Pool?
What's shtick about it. That check for the hedges would do a lot of good at St. Jude. But I guess that's just not important to you.

How do you feel about donations to colleges, art museums, PBS, historical societies, etc?
Pretty solid. You could argue that those are silly endeavors when we can't figure out and solve the problem of what's killing our population and specifically our children. But if you like painting and podcasts, hey, cool.

I get this is fun shtick, sort of like the "oh man, that old hag of a wife of mine is nagging me again" shtick which is reaaaallly funny, but if you truly feel this way, you honestly have bigger issues than we can resolve on a message board.

HTH
We'll be in the room next door to the meeting of people that value privacy hedges over helping sick children
That was good shtick the first time it was raised on page 1. After about the 4th time it was raised on page 1 it wasn't really funny at all. We're on page 5. May I show you to the Shark Pool?
What's shtick about it. That check for the hedges would do a lot of good at St. Jude. But I guess that's just not important to you.
Jesus christ.

Something that Otis just doesn't want to recognize. In his world, its ok to spend a bunch of money on material things, but spend that same money on helping animals and your priorities are all screwed up.

Well, think about being a better person and making more of an impact on society.
I will, thanks.

What does that have to do with my comment? I need to go out and rescue a homeless sick kid to be a good person?
No, by all means keep being thick headed...you are doing a great job of it.
what in the hell are you talking about?

can you tell me what your comment has to do with anything?

Well, think about being a better person and making more of an impact on society.

Last edited by a moderator:

HTH
Jesus christ.
Ah, a man that had his priorities straight.

I will, thanks.

What does that have to do with my comment? I need to go out and rescue a homeless sick kid to be a good person?
No, by all means keep being thick headed...you are doing a great job of it.
what in the hell are you talking about?
Reality?
that I'm not a good person because I posted in this thread? is that it?

well, it's a lot easier to save the life of a dog than a child.

some of us rescue pets before they are euthanized, but not many are out there looking to adopt a kid who was orphaned or is living on the street homeless.
can you break this down for me since I'm too thick headed to get it?

it's not reality that saving a dog is easier than saving a child?

it's not reality that most people are willing to take in an animal but not willing to take in a human child they have no connection to?

I make two statements that I think are 100% factual and impossible to dispute, and you tell me to "think about being a better person and making more of an impact on society"?

how does that make any sense? what is the point you are making?

Yea, I'm done here. Aaron isn't as bright as I thought, or at least he's playing dumb.
I don't understand the point you are trying to make. at all.

read my comments and then your response. try to make sense of it for anyone following along.

lots of insults in here from a person telling others to be a better person.

How do you feel about donations to colleges, art museums, PBS, historical societies, etc?
Pretty solid. You could argue that those are silly endeavors when we can't figure out and solve the problem of what's killing our population and specifically our children. But if you like painting and podcasts, hey, cool.
:lmao:
Is giving money to your alma mater better than giving money to help sick animals?

Human life is worth more than an animal. Take it from there.
yep

also, humans cost a lot more and require a lot more time, effort, and commitment to take care of and raise than animals do.

take it from there and let me know how that leads to

thanks.

Time to shut down all the non-sick kid charities. Once we get the sick kid thing knocked out, we can move onto other things.

I don't see what's weird about it. Someone has to give for sick animals. IMO animals are more helpless than kids. It's not like the animal's mom can raise funds or get help/support for the kid.... :coffee:

I don't see what's weird about it. Someone has to give for sick animals. IMO animals are more helpless than kids. It's not like the animal's mom can raise funds or get help/support for the kid.... :coffee:
Shhhhhh...stop making sense.

some of us rescue pets before they are euthanized, but not many are out there looking to adopt a kid who was orphaned or is living on the street homeless.
Exactly. That's pretty weird, isn't it?
How many sick orphans have you adopted?

Is giving money to your alma mater better than giving money to help sick animals?
Both seem really stupid. One is paying too much money to a school you already paid too much money to and which school is currently bilking thousands of kids for too much money. The other is donating money to save life forms that really aren't all that different from pigs, goats, or ants.

But whatever you dig.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. My dogs would never start a ridiculous thread like this; only people. I get nothing but joy from my dogs. People, you're lucky if you break even. I'm doubling my donation to the ASPCA. Mission accomplished Otis.

Dogs are great, so are all other animals...they just aren't on the same level as human beings. That's the point folks, come on.

As many as orphan dogs and dolphins I've taken in.

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. My dogs would never start a ridiculous thread like this; only people. I get nothing but joy from my dogs. People, you're lucky if you break even. I'm doubling my donation to the ASPCA. Mission accomplished Otis.
Congrats, weirdo!

Keyless door locks. How many kids in Ethiopia could that feed? :lmao:

Both seem really stupid. One is paying too much money to a school you already paid too much money to and which school is currently bilking thousands of kids for too much money. The other is donating money to save life forms that really aren't all that different from pigs, goats, or ants.

But whatever you dig.
You are heartless. Alma mater would have been a better answer.

As many as orphan dogs and dolphins I've taken in.
Exactly. At least the people who take in animals are helping something. You're not even doing that.

Keyless door locks. How many kids in Ethiopia could that feed? :lmao:
:lol:

Its never going to get old responding to one of Otis's many home improvement threads that he should be spending that money on sick children instead.

Users who are viewing this thread