What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's time for the Tax Returns to be released. (1 Viewer)

Yeah, this is not so easy as “Democrats are going to subpoena the returns, and then Trump will simply hand them over.” If you think that, I’m not sure where you’ve been the last few years.
I'm more worried about the day he's to leave office (regardless of the mechanism ... election, impeachment, or other). I doubt it will be with grace and dignity.  My money is that he won't go peacefully.

I'm more worried about the day he's to leave office (regardless of the mechanism ... election, impeachment, or other). I doubt it will be with grace and dignity.  My money is that he won't go peacefully.
Probably have to replace all the dry wall too as they sweep for bugs, with the added benefit of getting rid of the Drakkar odor.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Guess the midterms didn’t count.
tax returns affected the midterms ? 

I think people are sick of witch hunting .... we'll see I suppose. I know I could care less about Trump's taxes, or Pence's or Pelosi's or Sanders or any other them. They make millions, they donate tens of thousands and more and they pay enormous taxes through property and business etc. I could care less any more to be honest.

why do you think Presidential candidates have released their tax returns in the past?
pressure to do so and the opposing party hoping to use it for political advantage

about the same as we're seeing here, but never has a billionaire non-political person won a Presidency before - its just another thing the Democrats are trying ..... still hoping to get something, anything on Trump

2 years .... who's still our President ?

2 years .... ya'll sick of the witch hunting yet? If you're not, then the next Democrat president you can't really complain when GOP with hunts that man or woman 24x7x365

What Republican's done on Bill and Monica was wrong - should have never been something they tried to use and citizens hated it. Same here

‘It’s different for Donald Trump though. He’s a successful billionaire, not a politician.”

”Liberals. Witch hunt. Anti-Trump. Hillary.”

Am I missing anything? 

I think people are sick of witch hunting .... we'll see I suppose. I know I could care less about Trump's taxes, or Pence's or Pelosi's or Sanders or any other them. They make millions, they donate tens of thousands and more and they pay enormous taxes through property and business etc. I could care less any more to be honest.

as well as Hillary's or Obama's I'd imagine ....

pressure to do so and the opposing party hoping to use it for political advantage

about the same as we're seeing here, but never has a billionaire non-political person won a Presidency before - its just another thing the Democrats are trying ..... still hoping to get something, anything on Trump

2 years .... ya'll sick of the witch hunting yet? If you're not, then the next Democrat president you can't really complain when GOP with hunts that man or woman 24x7x365

What Republican's done on Bill and Monica was wrong - should have never been something they tried to use and citizens hated it. Same here
Needs a pinch of Schumer, RazorBot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Individual 1

You could’ve just said: “I don’t know” and saved yourself from typing.

Which part is the witch hunt?  The part involving all the people going to prison? Or is there another part?

I guess I didn’t know what you were getting at with nothing the Dems have done in 2 years has worked comment. People sick of Trump’s act had an effect on the midterms was my point.

He’s going to get destroyed in the next election and take many Republicans down with him as people vote down the ticket.

Glad you decided it’s not important to see their tax returns. I think that’s unusual but whatever. 

I’d like to see them. In the case of this guy, seeing as he’s a conman and all and has trouble with the truth I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t want to know what he’s done and how that wouldn’t come into play when choosing him..

Oh and “witch hunt” :lol:   

They have found so many witches it’s like a witch convention up there, brooms, boiling cauldrons, and eye of newt littering the place.

I agree with @Stealthycat, I don’t really care about whether trump paid anything in taxes. Lots of people interpret the tax code in their favor and if it’s legit bookkeeping I don’t have an issue with it. Even some “well that’s a stretch” kind of stuff, I’d expect most millionaires might. I do however care if he has millions of dollars coming in from Russian oligarchs buying up his properties, especially if it’s over market value. That’s what I’d like to see, as it would provide the motive and the groundwork for their collaboration. 

Holy moly, the point of the tax returns as everyone knows but cultist just don acknowledge is to give the public confidence that the president to be does not have potential economic conflicts that could impact his decision making.

Seems perfectly reasonable and has been the norm for 50 years but for some reason Trump is a special snowflake.  And what's really funny is that if anyone who wanted to be president had potential outside conflicts it's him.

Gee, I just wonder why he's fighting so hard to not release them?

Wait, you think he's reporting the Russian income, if it exists?

He's hiding them likely to piss off liberals and also because he has a ton of write-offs and doesn't pay very many taxes.  He pretty much said the second one during one of the debates when he told Hillary he takes advantage of the tax rules she helped write.
Golden Shower deduction is huge. 

Holy moly, the point of the tax returns as everyone knows but cultist just don acknowledge is to give the public confidence that the president to be does not have potential economic conflicts that could impact his decision making.

Seems perfectly reasonable and has been the norm for 50 years but for some reason Trump is a special snowflake.  And what's really funny is that if anyone who wanted to be president had potential outside conflicts it's him.

Gee, I just wonder why he's fighting so hard to not release them?
Yup. One of the 100 non-starters that Trump pulled off because he “pisses off liberals”. 

As he so often does, gb Ramblin Wreck misses the  larger point. If Donald has not reported income from foreign sources and Mueller has proof of the income, then the President's water just gets hotter.

As he so often does, gb Ramblin Wreck misses the  larger point. If Donald has not reported income from foreign sources and Mueller has proof of the income, then the President's water just gets hotter.
I’m 99.99% sure this is what the NY and NYC AGs are looking at.  Keep in mind they have his NYS and City income tax form (in NY we file income taxes and if you itemize they can request the federal ones as well for proof).  

My favorite excise early in the thread was that Democrats would be all over errors that aren’t even Trumps fault, just the preparers.

Seems like it needs repeating.  The disclosure of the returns isn't to see if someone made a math error or to see how little he pays in taxes because of all the loopholes created for rich people by other rich people.  It's to see where the monies are coming from and who they are coming from.  It won't be crystal clear and will take some research to get names, but it's where you start.

Seems like it needs repeating.  The disclosure of the returns isn't to see if someone made a math error or to see how little he pays in taxes because of all the loopholes created for rich people by other rich people.  It's to see where the monies are coming from and who they are coming from.  It won't be crystal clear and will take some research to get names, but it's where you start.
I'd say that your reason is just one of many reasons for the tax returns to be disclosed. 

bah, that's just a process crime, a paperwork error.  not a big deal.  the guy's done an excellent job as President, who cares if he forgot to report a little money from Russia?  and what about Hillary, you think she reported all of the money she received?  why isn't anyone looking into that?

The reason he doesn't release them is that he is afraid to show that the emperor has no clothes - he's not a billionaire. He's up to his you know what in shaky loans from shaky places and property upon property is leveraged to the hilt.

I think we are all underestimating how hard Trump will fight not to disclose them. One thing the last three years has shown us is that, for whatever reason, he is clearly very motivated to avoid having his returns scrutinized. From my understanding, the law is pretty clear that the House can subpoena them, but that doesn't mean the White House won't come up with some novel argument as to why the law is unconstitutional, nor does it mean that five Supreme Court justices won't buy that argument.
I wonder if he can claim executive privilege here.  

There's no way you really believe this.

There's no way you really believe this.
Well, I am sure that's the reason for some.  That group of people is missing the forest for the trees IMO.

Well, I am sure that's the reason for some.  That group of people is missing the forest for the trees IMO.
Oh, I agree there.  But I can see Chris Matthews wetting his pants in excitement telling his audience that DJT only paid 15% tax (or whatever).  It will be repeated in here with an echo chamber full of faux moral outrage.  

Oh, I agree there.  But I can see Chris Matthews wetting his pants in excitement telling his audience that DJT only paid 15% tax (or whatever).  It will be repeated in here with an echo chamber full of faux moral outrage.  
If he pays 15% most years, I think I'll be pretty annoyed at a tax system that lets that happen. I'll be pretty annoyed at Donald if he's been cheating bigly to get to that 15%. Or if his taxes lead to things more sinister and treasony. But yeah, you keep worrying about overreactions. That's the real problem.

I'd be willing to bet on this.  There are FEW here that will be up in arms about the amount of taxes.  We all know the rich people in this country pay very little in terms of income taxes etc.  The only way it becomes outrageous is if there is something illegal discovered.  The mere fact that his % is under X amount isn't going to rise to the level you're claiming here.  I think it's absolutely expected.

If he pays 15% most years, I think I'll be pretty annoyed at a tax system that lets that happen. I'll be pretty annoyed at Donald if he's been cheating bigly to get to that 15%. Or if his taxes lead to things more sinister and treasony. But yeah, you keep worrying about overreactions. That's the real problem.
It's most likely that his % is in the single digits.  All things consistent, that's an indictment on the tax code more than any individual.  Now, if he got there illegally and by doing shaddy ####, then it's pile on time.

Why is it faux moral outrage to be upset that wealthy people pay  a low tax rate? I don't think the French were faux outraged when they tore the country apart over the lack of taxes paid by the first 2 estates.

I don't think the tax returns should be required.  :shrug:
I agree with this but I also think it looks really bad when every other candidate is releasing them and someone refuses. It makes you wonder and then factor in all of the other dirt swirling around Trump and I can understand why we as Americans should get to see what he has been hiding.

i only care if he's doing something illegal.

the release of tax returns, along with putting your assets in a blind trust, is about transparency and conflicts of interest.

The General said:
He’s going to get destroyed in the next election and take many Republicans down with him as people vote down the ticket. 

Glad you decided it’s not important to see their tax returns. I think that’s unusual but whatever. 

I’d like to see them. In the case of this guy, seeing as he’s a conman and all and has trouble with the truth I don’t see how anyone wouldn’t want to know what he’s done and how that wouldn’t come into play when choosing him..
why do you want to see them ? lets say in them he's paid only 2% tax % when all his writeoff's are included. So? Lets say there is an error - that's on the accounting team, not Trump. lets say he's not worth nearly what he's said he is .... so what ?

I mean its like paying Stormy .... big deal. Clinton precedence that sleeping with someone besides your wife isn't a crime. Hush money isn't a crime - the Govt gave out what, 13 million for sexual allegations against members of Congress to hush? 

Its all witch hunting - its 24x7x365 hate, division, bad mouthing and negativity that doesn't help the United States or the American people. if it was one big thing, look into it .... like Russia allegations. But all these petty things?

I actually hope Trump doesn't get the nomination for the GOP in 2020 .... 4 years of Trump is good enough for me, if a strong GOP conservative can step up that's fine with me.

Careful with the predictions, Hillary was 85-95% guaranteed to win, remember ?

Apple Jack said:
Didn't he brag during the campaign that he paid no taxes? Am I misremembering that?
income taxes - yes that was something like what he said - and what he meant was all rich people use tax shelters and they have accounting firms that use every loophole the laws allowed - the IRS laws that were all allowed under the Obama administration and Hillary uses them, Bernie uses them, Pelosi uses them ..... that's the dirty little secret that they have to be really careful about here IMO.

because exposing how rich people exploit tax system will finger them ALL ... not just Trump

why do you want to see them ? lets say in them he's paid only 2% tax % when all his writeoff's are included. So? Lets say there is an error - that's on the accounting team, not Trump. lets say he's not worth nearly what he's said he is .... so what ? He built so much of his reputation and platform on how rich he is. It further proves people voted for a total fraud and his platform was a con. 

I mean its like paying Stormy .... big deal. Clinton precedence that sleeping with someone besides your wife isn't a crime. Hush money isn't a crime - the Govt gave out what, 13 million for sexual allegations against members of Congress to hush? It is a deal when you are supported by the Evangelical/religious community. Hush money can be a campaign crime- depending. Also I thought Trump was here to drain the swamp? Again he is as swampy as it gets and played all of his supporters. 

Its all witch hunting - its 24x7x365 hate, division, bad mouthing and negativity that doesn't help the United States or the American people. if it was one big thing, look into it .... like Russia allegations. But all these petty things? Isn't hurting the country to run on a platform of lies? 

I actually hope Trump doesn't get the nomination for the GOP in 2020 .... 4 years of Trump is good enough for me, if a strong GOP conservative can step up that's fine with me.

income taxes - yes that was something like what he said - and what he meant was all rich people use tax shelters and they have accounting firms that use every loophole the laws allowed - the IRS laws that were all allowed under the Obama administration and Hillary uses them, Bernie uses them, Pelosi uses them ..... that's the dirty little secret that they have to be really careful about here IMO.

because exposing how rich people exploit tax system will finger them ALL ... not just Trump
I wish he had done something to close them instead of providing more tax breaks for the wealthy. Seems like Captain America, Man of the People really screwed people on this issue. 

It's really very simple.  Either release the tax returns or don't.  No laws require it, but it's good for transparency.  I think it would be fine for a candidate to give reasons why they won't be released, but don't expect speculation and criticism to go away - that is the downside of a candidate not releasing their tax returns.

Of equal concern are his statements that he would release them once an audit was concluded.  That audit should be finished by now.  Refusing to release them means he is a liar (how can this be in doubt at this point?) and makes it more likely that he has something to hide/protect.

why do you want to see them ? lets say in them he's paid only 2% tax % when all his writeoff's are included. So? Lets say there is an error - that's on the accounting team, not Trump. lets say he's not worth nearly what he's said he is .... so what ?

I mean its like paying Stormy .... big deal. Clinton precedence that sleeping with someone besides your wife isn't a crime. Hush money isn't a crime - the Govt gave out what, 13 million for sexual allegations against members of Congress to hush? 

Its all witch hunting - its 24x7x365 hate, division, bad mouthing and negativity that doesn't help the United States or the American people. if it was one big thing, look into it .... like Russia allegations. But all these petty things?

I want to see where his money is coming from, I want to see how he does his business as that was his only real qualification for this job if you throw out his game show hosting.

Bravo for being so forward thinking on hush money payments. I think many would view this differently. That he lied about this before the election is kind of an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread