What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's time for the Tax Returns to be released. (1 Viewer)

Is Donald Trump espousing legislation that directly benefits him from a tax standpoint? Divulgence of personal finances should be really basic requirements for anyone in a position to influence tax legislation. I'm looking at you, too, Congressfolks.

Sinn Fein said:
I don't think the tax returns should be required.  :shrug:
I was on the fence before. Now I think their release should be mandatory for all Presidential candidates in the general election. Thanks Trump.

He built so much of his reputation and platform on how rich he is. It further proves people voted for a total fraud and his platform was a con. 
OMG a person in politics lied !!!!   the sky is falling !!

If Trump lied about things, misled, misdirected, used campaign funds a bit wrongly, etc ......... then he's just like every other politician.  I mean good gawd, it was HILLARY running on the other side, one of the biggest liars in history along side Bill who was another giant liar and all the things they did for decades...... ya'll make it sound like Trump needs to be held to a higher standard

why ?  hold him to the SAME would be fair wouldn't it ?

I want to see where his money is coming from, I want to see how he does his business as that was his only real qualification for this job if you throw out his game show hosting.

Bravo for being so forward thinking on hush money payments. I think many would view this differently. That he lied about this before the election is kind of an issue.
hush money isn't illegal

were you so worried where Obama's money came from? Hillary ?

think about it ... hundreds of millions Obama raised for a job that pays 440,000 a year? who's he really working for? who does he have to please? and its not just him - its the entire system we have

Trump is a bit different in that he doesn't need to be bought and paid for - he's got wealth

If Trump lied about things, misled, misdirected, used campaign funds a bit wrongly, etc ......... then he's just like every other politician.  I mean good gawd, it was HILLARY running on the other side, one of the biggest liars in history along side Bill who was another giant liar and all the things they did for decades...... ya'll make it sound like Trump needs to be held to a higher standard

hush money isn't illegal

think about it ... hundreds of millions Obama raised for a job that pays 440,000 a year? who's he really working for? who does he have to please? and its not just him - its the entire system we have

Trump is a bit different in that he doesn't need to be bought and paid for - he's got wealth
We saw Hills and Obama’s tax returns no? This isn’t hard to do.

Are you concerned where Donald gets his money or not,  just confusing now.

Clinton was impeached for his lies btw. 

hush money isn't illegal

There is a difference between lying about things or not living up to campaign promises as opposed to completley misrepresenting ones self at a core level. Trump lies at a level never before seen in American office. Go on defending him and making excuses for him. 

no, I don't care much about where Trump got his money or how he spends it either

do you care that Bill Clinton got $500,000 for a Moscow speech coincidentally with before Uranium One was decided? Do you care Bill Clinton got $750,000 from Ericsson right before Hillary's State Dept issues their decree on telecom rulings?

I don't imagine you did ......... or did you ?

Trump might see article of impeachment but he'll never lose office due to it - like Bill ..... and so what's really being accomplished here ?

The guy’s whole schtick is that he’s a great businessman. You’d think it would be kind of important for voters to get a little glimpse into how successful he actually is since you know he’s lied about this his entire life. 

I get it politicians are the worst or whatever. How people ended up settling on this loser will always be a mystery. 

Ilov80s said:
I agree with this but I also think it looks really bad when every other candidate is releasing them and someone refuses. It makes you wonder and then factor in all of the other dirt swirling around Trump and I can understand why we as Americans should get to see what he has been hiding.
I agree - I probably would not vote for someone who did not release the tax returns - I figure they are trying to hide something, and that is not good.

But, I am ok with not "requiring" the tax returns to be released.

Besides, with someone like Trump - its not his tax returns that would be relevant, its more likely the tax returns of Trump Organization (and/or the individual companies under that umbrella) that would have the interesting stuff.  Just looking at the wiki: " The Trump Organization is the collective name for a group of approximately 500 business entities of which Donald Trump, the current U.S. President, is the sole or principal owner. "

It might take a team of forensic accountants years to decipher the money trails through that web.

We saw Hills and Obama’s tax returns no? This isn’t hard to do.

and John Edwards went to trial over whether his hush money was a crime.  

I'm confused too.  Does Trump tell it like it is or does he lie like all politicians?
Exactly. Also they like him because he is super rich and a great businessman but also if thats a lie than it doesn't matter because all politicians lie. It's such a dumb line of argument. 

no, I don't care much about where Trump got his money or how he spends it either

do you care that Bill Clinton got $500,000 for a Moscow speech coincidentally with before Uranium One was decided? Do you care Bill Clinton got $750,000 from Ericsson right before Hillary's State Dept issues their decree on telecom rulings?

Trump might see article of impeachment but he'll never lose office due to it - like Bill ..... and so what's really being accomplished here ?
How did you know about these payments to the Clintons? Did they have an impact on how you viewed them?

You said Trump had his own money. How do you know this? He told you :lol:

I had to google the bolded to figure out what the heck you were talking about. Turns out it's complete nonsense.  Shocker, right?

I'm curious if feel bad about promulgating garbage like this. Perhaps you should stop taking your talking points from a fraudulent, senile old fool without fact-checking them first?

The Commish said:
Well, I am sure that's the reason for some.  That group of people is missing the forest for the trees IMO.
That's the made-up reason that circulated through conservative media when Trump said he wouldn't release his tax returns.  It's not the reason anyone really wants to see the returns.

The cultist are so invested for whatever reason that they'll listen to anything/one who props up dear leader.

It's how people like Jim Jones are able to influence and get people to do unimaginable things.  It's weird. 

If Trump lied about things, misled, misdirected, used campaign funds a bit wrongly, etc ......... then he's just like every other politician.  I mean good gawd, it was HILLARY running on the other side, one of the biggest liars in history
Do you have any facts to back this up?    Trump ran as someone who wasn't a politician, from outside the beltway and now he does the stuff we all hate about politicians more than any other politician in history.

I had to google the bolded to figure out what the heck you were talking about. Turns out it's complete nonsense.  Shocker, right?

I'm curious if feel bad about promulgating garbage like this. Perhaps you should stop taking your talking points from a fraudulent, senile old fool without fact-checking them first?
I worked for ERIC during that time. If you think there was no connection or conflict of interest etc that's fine, believe what you want but the time frames are what they are.

Between 2001 and 2012, Bill Clinton made 13 speeches, 13, for which he was paid $500,000 or more. Eleven of those 13 speeches were at least eight years after he left the presidency while his wife was secretary of state

probably just pure coincidence

You can’t seriously believe this, right? He will go down as one of the easiest politicians to be bought. Just look at the money the Saudis have spent at his hotels and how that changed his behavior to them.

Makes you wonder if maybe he’s not as wealthy as he claims and who he might owe money to. If only there were some documents that can help answer those questions...

look, bottom line ya'll want to find something to continue the Trump hate

I kinda get it, I disliked everything Obama was doing for 8 years with few exceptions. But I don't remember every day calling for disruption, division, hate and discourse

That wouldn't have been productive for the United States or its citizens and for 2 years that's all we've seen and its so so so very old and the damage done might be irreparable at this point for this nation.

roadkill1292 said:
As he so often does, gb Ramblin Wreck misses the  larger point. If Donald has not reported income from foreign sources and Mueller has proof of the income, then the President's water just gets hotter.
:lmao:

I'm aware of how it works and didn't miss any point.  But thanks for the passive aggressive insult to try and make your unintelligent point.  Have a good one

I kinda get it, I disliked everything Obama was doing for 8 years with few exceptions. But I don't remember every day calling for disruption, division, hate and discourse

That wouldn't have been productive for the United States or its citizens and for 2 years that's all we've seen and its so so so very old and the damage done might be irreparable at this point for this nation.
Mountains of #### have been found.  Come back to earth, maybe?

I worked for ERIC during that time. If you think there was no connection or conflict of interest etc that's fine, believe what you want but the time frames are what they are.

Between 2001 and 2012, Bill Clinton made 13 speeches, 13, for which he was paid $500,000 or more. Eleven of those 13 speeches were at least eight years after he left the presidency while his wife was secretary of state

Look up how much Newt Gingrich gets today for a speech.

Let me help, Newt asks for $75k for anything West of Chicago + 2 first class plane tickets and lodging.

Kim K can get $1M to show up at a party.

$500k for a speech for someone as popular and plugged in as Bill C is not even close to out of line.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude, you're in here blathering on about how partisan and one-sided everyone is towards Trump, 

It doesn't matter what I think.  There was no connection or conflict of interest according to the facts. The linked article explains it thoroughly.

I wouldn't say it was pure coincidence. I'd say that for a couple years after his presidency (which ended in 2001) he wasn't has highly sought after bc of the Lewinsky stuff. He also might have wanted some time off for the first year or two, as many presidents do.  You would expect most of his higher-paid speaking engagements to come well after his presidency regardless of his wife's employment. I wish he hadn't done that just for the sake of appearances, but ultimately there's just nothing here.

Your silly innuendo, OTOH, is worse than useless. It undermines legitimate scandals and conflicts of interest.  After all if people like you are going to show a complete disregard for facts and reason and allege wrongdoing whether there is any or not, there's less reason for politicians to make an effort do the right thing.  Why take on the burden of avoiding corruption if you're just going to be accused of it anyway? What you're doing here is legitimately harmful to good government and public discourse.

This is the sort of mindless, fact-less partisanship that allows someone like Trump to thrive. He knows you'll dismiss our legitimate criticisms as partisanship rather than taking them on substantively (as we've done repeatedly with stuff like Uranium One and now this Ericsson garbage), and that you'll find whatabouts to point to regardless of their truthfulness. It sucks.  If you want to talk about these things please stick to the facts. You want to defend Trump from allegations of scandal?  Try to do it based on substance instead of whataboutism.  You want to attack Bill Clinton?  Go for it, we can talk about the facts behind those allegations. Just make sure there's actual substance to discuss instead of posting innuendo and running from the actual facts.

It doesn't matter what I think.  There was no connection or conflict of interest according to the facts. The linked article explains it thoroughly.

I wouldn't say it was pure coincidence. I'd say that for a couple years after his presidency (which ended in 2001) he wasn't has highly sought after bc of the Lewinsky stuff. He also might have wanted some time off for the first year or two, as many presidents do.  You would expect most of his higher-paid speaking engagements to come well after his presidency regardless of his wife's employment. I wish he hadn't done that just for the sake of appearances, but ultimately there's just nothing here.

Your silly innuendo, OTOH, is worse than useless. It undermines legitimate scandals and conflicts of interest.  After all if people like you are going to show a complete disregard for facts and reason and allege wrongdoing whether there is any or not, there's less reason for politicians to make an effort do the right thing.  Why take on the burden of avoiding corruption if you're just going to be accused of it anyway? What you're doing here is legitimately harmful to good government and public discourse.
To be fair, Stealthycat is an anarchist who thinks we should just do away with all laws because people will just break them.  Not surprising that he thinks Trump running tax scams and laundering money for Russian mobsters is no biggie.  If Trump doesn't murder someone in the middle of 5th Ave someone else will :shrug:  

it's because one, while you might not agree with him on everything was a respectable, common sense, intelligent individual...the other is a serial lying, narcissistic, racist, dangerous, head of a criminal empire

To be fair, Stealthycat is an anarchist who thinks we should just do away with all laws because people will just break them.  
I get the trolls mixed up so I could be wrong, but I bet Stealthy doesn't want to do away with the laws about illegally crossing boarders.  laws are only for brown people or people with a D after their name. 

it's because one, while you might not agree with him on everything was a respectable, common sense, intelligent individual...the other is a serial lying, narcissistic, racist, dangerous, head of a criminal empire
Sounds like Hillary to be honest

again ... Trump is President. He has been for 2 years. Good 2 years its been too ............ regardless of the tweets, the liberal witch hunting, the fake news ..... its been a good 2 years. Trump WILL be President through his 2020 term, of that I am almost certain and the continued anti-Trump hate ..... its old, people see it, they hate it and its a negative in every way

sure, something big like Russia? investigate in an impartial way ... but continuing to toss everything and see what sticks isn't good for anybody or anything IMO

Sounds like Hillary to be honest

again ... Trump is President. He has been for 2 years. Good 2 years its been too ............ regardless of the tweets, the liberal witch hunting, the fake news ..... its been a good 2 years. Trump WILL be President through his 2020 term, of that I am almost certain and the continued anti-Trump hate ..... its old, people see it, they hate it and its a negative in every way

sure, something big like Russia? investigate in an impartial way ... but continuing to toss everything and see what sticks isn't good for anybody or anything IMO
The tides are slowly turning and will continue as more is revealed.  A lot has stuck and there's much more that will stick and it will end up being very good for the American people.  I'd guess we're in about the 4th or 5th inning and it's not going to get better.....

hush money isn't illegal

It seems to me that people here are expecting him to be held to the same standard as everyone else who runs for President.   Hillary and Obama did release their tax returns, and yes, people were concerned about where their money came from.    Have you forgotten that Hillary getting paid huge amounts for giving speeches to Wall Street banks was a big issue in the 2016 campaign?    I can guarantee you that there were many Democrats who did not vote for her for precisely that reason.    Potential conflicts of interest of of concern for all Presidential candidates.

It seems to me that people here are expecting him to be held to the same standard as everyone else who runs for President.   Hillary and Obama did release their tax returns, and yes, people were concerned about where their money came from.    Have you forgotten that Hillary getting paid huge amounts for giving speeches to Wall Street banks was a big issue in the 2016 campaign?    I can guarantee you that there were many Democrats who did not vote for her for precisely that reason.    Potential conflicts of interest of of concern for all Presidential candidates.
:hey:

the left isn't good at apologies

when this tax thing is over and Trump comes out on top again, ya'll will just look for something else, anything else

and what that something else doesn't work you'll try something other ........... and it will continue on and one

that much is a 100% certainty

the left isn't good at apologies

when this tax thing is over and Trump comes out on top again, ya'll will just look for something else, anything else

and what that something else doesn't work you'll try something other ........... and it will continue on and one

that much is a 100% certainty
again?

Users who are viewing this thread