What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's time for the Tax Returns to be released. (2 Viewers)

I don't care about his taxes and I realize the left will never give Trump credit for anything. Economy, job growth, North Korea, no terrorist attacks, gas prices even the proposals on prison reform bill that should be bi-partisan and embraced by Democrats ...... nothing will be credited.

So no - if Democrats force the release, and there is nothing there, it will fade into nothing, left will never apologize and they'll find something else to hate on. That's been very consistent for 2 years now
What fantasy land do live in where this isn’t how politics work?

Trump has hundreds of tweets crying about all the things previous politicians have done. People are critical of those in power.

Trump feeds the criticism with his ridiculous, amateur behavior. He provides a year’s worth of material in a week. 

Probably - but I don't think they have the authority to release them to even the full house or senate - I think it is a select group of people who are entitled to request and see tax returns.

But again - I think this is a red herring - the tax returns to look for are all the tax returns related to Trump Organization and the myriad of companies under that umbrella.  Honestly, the House has neither the time, nor the expertise to make such a sweeping investigation.

House and/or DOJ will have to find evidence outside of the tax returns of illegality before looking at the returns makes any sense.
This is one of the points I previously tried to make regarding these. Trump was required by law to release a financial disclosure. If you looked through it for even a few seconds it became painfully obvious there were tons and tons of corporations that fell under the trump umbrella. There were hundreds of millions in loans and other debt for various companies, billions in assets to holding companies and LLC's, and a very complex web of revenues and agreements. 

What facts? Trump hasn't released his tax returns. That's a fact we can agree on. Short of the House demanding it, Trump doesn't legally have to right ?

The only reason anyone wants the returns made public is so that hopefully something in them can be used to make Trump look bad.  isn't that a fact too ?
Wouldn't it have been nice to know if he had conflicts of interest before voting for him?  

I agree but unfortunatley that same thing also applies to our President. Any thing he might provide as a witness is worthless as well because he is such a serial liar. 
Biggest difference is that, if a defendant, he carries the presumption of innocence.  Cohen now does not.

Cohen has admitted to facts that are going to land him in prison - not too many people lie about that.  Certainly, Trump will argue that Cohen is making up parts of it to get a lighter sentence - but then you have to weigh Cohen's testimony against Trump's, and I am not sure the Cohen loses that fight.

Then you have to look at both the circumstantial evidence, and potentially other witnesses - such as the Trump Org CFO - who could shed more light on the payments, and discussions around those payments.  And you also have Pecker - who might tell a similar story as Cohen.
Cohen has admitted to charges that will give him the best deal possible and the vast majority of what he admitted to had nothing to do with DJT.  Amazing how much trouble people would stay out of if they would just pay their taxes.  I'd argue that the weight of the US govt., and particularly the tactics used in this investigation, will get lots of "cooperation" out of witnesses.

Of course, any corroborating evidence or witnesses firm things up a bit.  Cohen by himself is pretty shaky.

Wouldn't it have been nice to know if he had conflicts of interest before voting for him?  
This confuses me. Why would trump's personal tax return show you more conflicts of interest than a list of his sources of income, assets, and debts? 

For example if he owned $2 million worth of stock in a company and hadnt sold any shares you wouldn't see it on the tax return but you would see it on the fin. disclosure. 

If there was 1 million in debt to a russian holding company,  you wouldn't see it on tax return. You would see it on a fin. disclosure. 

Biggest difference is that, if a defendant, he carries the presumption of innocence.  Cohen now does not.
Good point. However, if evidence is presented, Trump's testimony to counter it has to come with very little credibility. 

Is it normal that nearly every single person you surround yourself with are liars?  Cohen, Stone, Paige, Corsi, Manafort, Flynn, Papo, Gates, Sessions, Don Jr....

what does that say about the person? 

I missed those indictments?  link? 
demanding tax returns isn't an indictment

I didn't care about Hillary's husband's girlfriend, I didn't care about Bill paying hush money on all the sexual assault claims and affairs he had, I DID care about him raping a woman. I did care about the people who died in Benghazi and the lies that covered that up (or tried to).

I didn't care about any of their tax returns and neither did anyone else. This is witch hunting, throwing and seeing if anything will stick. That's it - why can't ya'll just say it ?

Is it normal that nearly every single person you surround yourself with are liars?  Cohen, Stone, Paige, Corsi, Manafort, Flynn, Papo, Gates, Sessions, Don Jr....

what does that say about the person? 
most politicians are liars - House and Senate are full of them

but yeah, i don't like some of the names Trump has around him, I agree with that

I don't care about his taxes and I realize the left will never give Trump credit for anything. Economy, job growth, North Korea, no terrorist attacks, gas prices even the proposals on prison reform bill that should be bi-partisan and embraced by Democrats ...... nothing will be credited.

So no - if Democrats force the release, and there is nothing there, it will fade into nothing, left will never apologize and they'll find something else to hate on. That's been very consistent for 2 years now
The economic growth has not hit the lower and middle classes.

I wanted to give him tons of credit for diplomacy with North Korea, but that whole thing turned into a total joke in the most Trump way possible.

We have had terrorist attacks on our soil, just not from Muslims.  I blame Trump's white nationalist rhetoric for this.

The POTUS has little effect on gas prices, if any, so I assume you are referring to Trump sucking MBS off, which I am not going to praise Trump over.

Got a link to the prison reform?  I've been out of the loop and didn't know about this, but I was under the impression Trump was for privatizing prisons which I am 100% against.

demanding tax returns isn't an indictment

I didn't care about Hillary's husband's girlfriend, I didn't care about Bill paying hush money on all the sexual assault claims and affairs he had, I DID care about him raping a woman. I did care about the people who died in Benghazi and the lies that covered that up (or tried to).

I didn't care about any of their tax returns and neither did anyone else. This is witch hunting, throwing and seeing if anything will stick. That's it - why can't ya'll just say it ?
you didn't care because they disclosed them and there was nothing there...if there was something there you would have cared....just like you care about every other bad thing you think they did....

what conflicts ? the ones the Democrats are still hoping to find ?

be honest - what would it have taken for people who voted Hillary to NOT have voted for her?  murder maybe ... but other than that, people were voting Hillary, they'd made their minds up right ?

you didn't care because they disclosed them and there was nothing there...if there was something there you would have cared....just like you care about every other bad thing you think they did...
I couldn't tell you a thing about any elected officials tax returns and neither can you - because we never care, we don't look, we only know what a media outlet tells us

I could really care less

They were all knowingly hoodwinked to believe that he and republican party were actually going to do something for the working and middle class.
That is an interesting point of consideration and if it was knowing, can it count as being hoodwinked? Seems more like being an accomplice in the hoodwinking.

what conflicts ? the ones the Democrats are still hoping to find ?

be honest - what would it have taken for people who voted Hillary to NOT have voted for her?  murder maybe ... but other than that, people were voting Hillary, they'd made their minds up right ?
I didn’t vote for Hillary, but she was 1000x better and more qualified than Trump. He isn’t even qualified to flip a coin 

Step 1: Have another option besides Trump.
Pretty much. I was not a fan of the nomination at all. I voted Kasich in the primary and was hoping for him against Bernie. In the end the 2 legit candidates were Hillary and Trump so it made my decision easy. Hillary had a strong resume for POTUS. Trump had the worst resume for POTUS I can ever recall seeing. . 

exactly

and people who voted for Trump wasn't going to vote for anyone else regardless - because the other option was Hillary
I actually don't think this is entirely true. I don't have statistics on it but I do know some Trump voters in Michigan who deeply regret their decision and would vote Hillary if they could go back in time. 

I didn’t vote for Hillary, but she was 1000x better and more qualified than Trump. He isn’t even qualified to flip a coin 
it was the perfect storm for Trump - has there only been 1 or 2 GOP runners, he'd have never gotten the nomination

but that doesn't matter, Trump IS President, he's leading 2 years now that are pretty good years whether you hate him or not, got some world issues solved, got a solid economy, gas prices good, unemployment good etc ............ if these 2 years were on a Democrat's resume people would be saying top 3 all time Presidents

ya'll hate Trump - I get it, I have got it for 2 years and its rabid hate. Heck there was even a poll right here where ya'll were like 65% would rather have a recession and no Trump than to have great times and Trump

that's hate - deep rooted - and its the source of why ya'll want tax returns. Its ok to just admit the witch hunting and support of continued divisive measures from Democrats at every turn. At least that's honest

exactly

and people who voted for Trump wasn't going to vote for anyone else regardless - because the other option was Hillary
Do you know how many people around here, people that probably never voted DEM in their lives, voted for Hillary because Trump was the only other option?

I hate bigotry and racism more than I like a booming economy.  I'd gladly take a short term recession if it meant we didn't have a racist bigoted President representing us to the world.  Of course, others have no problem with racists and bigots, so they might prioritize an economy.  regardless, I don't hate Trump, I hate what Trump stands for.  he could've stayed on the Apprentice and I couldn't have cared less about him.

Do you know how many people around here, people that probably never voted DEM in their lives, voted for Hillary because Trump was the only other option?
and if Hillary had lied about oh, I dunno, Benghazi, emails, Clinton Foundation etc etc .... would they still have voted Hillary?

yes - most likely so

and that was my point, tax returns wasn't going to change Trump voters .... Hillary was one of the main reasons people voted Trump, and vice versa

There's a reason Trump supporters like Stealthy hang out in threads like this one or the Colin Kaepernick one or the gun control ones, but never ever ever the Russia one or the Cohen/Stormy Daniels ones or the long day-to-day Trump presidency one.

Just throwing it out there.

That is an interesting point of consideration and if it was knowing, can it count as being hoodwinked? Seems more like being an accomplice in the hoodwinking.
Yes...you are know you support the guy but you are not willing to admit why.  

MAGA....wink wink

There's a reason Trump supporters like Stealthy hang out in threads like this one or the Colin Kaepernick one or the gun control ones, but never ever ever the Russia one or the Cohen/Stormy Daniels ones or the long day-to-day Trump presidency one.

Just throwing it out there.
I pick and choose threads just like everyone else sure .....  Russia and Stormy both are witch hunts I have no desire to spend hours and pages discussing. Kap and such .... I can learn from those, gun control I have too.

This thread is one I'm trying on ......... trying to see what ya'll fascination is with a tax return.

I was born shortly after he was voted out of office but its possible I might have hated what he stood for too, if he stood for racism and bigotry
he was a racist and bigot - compare what LBJ said to anything Trump has - night and day

he was a racist and bigot - compare what LBJ said to anything Trump has - night and day
great, lets get LBJ out of the WH while we're at it

does LBJ have anything to do with the people who currently support the racist and bigot in the WH?

it was the perfect storm for Trump - has there only been 1 or 2 GOP runners, he'd have never gotten the nomination

but that doesn't matter, Trump IS President, he's leading 2 years now that are pretty good years whether you hate him or not, got some world issues solved, got a solid economy, gas prices good, unemployment good etc ............ if these 2 years were on a Democrat's resume people would be saying top 3 all time Presidents

ya'll hate Trump - I get it, I have got it for 2 years and its rabid hate. Heck there was even a poll right here where ya'll were like 65% would rather have a recession and no Trump than to have great times and Trump

that's hate - deep rooted - and its the source of why ya'll want tax returns. Its ok to just admit the witch hunting and support of continued divisive measures from Democrats at every turn. At least that's honest
Quit lying.  This was not the poll and you either know it or you're too dumb to understand it.

does LBJ have anything to do with the people who currently support the racist and bigot in the WH?
well Trump is only a racist and bigot because the left tells people to say he is - he really isn't that.  LBJ was a racist and bigot - literally.  nobody supports racism and bigotry that I know of - I doubt you know many people too, right? it exists primarily on CNN headline news

I guess it has to do with what Democrats treating everyone fairly and equally. I understand the politics behind it, but here, on a forum where we can call things what they are ....... that I do not understand.

well Trump is only a racist and bigot because the left tells people to say he is
Well, if you're ignoring his actions, words and legislative attempts, yes, you are probably left with others telling you he's racist and a bigot.  That's a commentary on the individual more than an undefined, broad generalization of "the left".

Trump Opponents - Would you rather have a Recession or Trump Re-election?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/767110-trump-opponents-would-you-rather-have-a-recession-or-trump-re-election/

66% would probably or for sure

name calling Dickies, really? why?
That link you provided doesn't say this:

Heck there was even a poll right here where ya'll were like 65% would rather have a recession and no Trump than to have great times and Trump
and the % isn't the issue.

yeah the wording wasn't quite the same as I typed it - you're right about that .......... however word it just like I did and I bet people would still vote recession

they'd literally rather have bad times and no Trump than good times with Trump - the spirit of that remains intact

yeah the wording wasn't quite the same as I typed it - you're right about that .......... however word it just like I did and I bet people would still vote recession

they'd literally rather have bad times and no Trump than good times with Trump - the spirit of that remains intact
You should do a poll...test your theory.  You'll be asked to define "good times" though, so be prepared.  I'd absolutely take "good times and Trump" if part of the "good times" definition was an eradication of xenophobia, racism and sexism being on full display in the WH.

Users who are viewing this thread