What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ivermectin: What have you heard? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that vaccines prevent vast profits from occurring downstream by keeping people from getting sick.
Exactly.

Remdesivir cost -- $540/vial or $3120/treatment course per patient.

Covid vaccine cost -- $20/dose.

If I were a pharmaceutical company only out to make money, why bother with the vaccine? Just let people get sick and profit off the treatment, especially when it only costs about $10 to make a dose of remdesivir. At those prices, only need 1 in 150 people who would get the vaccine to get sick to make the same amount of money (not to mention any other treatments that are required).

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly.

Remdesivir cost -- $540/vial or $3120/treatment course per patient.

Covid vaccine cost -- $20/dose.

If I were a pharmaceutical company only out to make money, why bother with the vaccine? Just let people get sick and profit off the treatment, especially when it only costs about $10 to make a dose of remdesivir. At those prices, only need 1 in 30 people who would get the vaccine to get sick to make the same amount of money (not to mention any other treatments that are required).
From last year...

Remdesivir could have been priced at $4500 per treatment and still been reasonable. And, of note, they donated a significant number of doses based on the above link.

For now, Gilead is donating remdesivir to the U.S. government for allocation, and it's pledged to continue giving doses away until its current supply chain is exhausted. That's about 1.5 million doses, the company said.

But yeah, these $20 vaccine doses are the ticket!!

My wife is a physician that worked the front lines of Covid and I am getting a little annoyed with all these delays on our government checks we were supposed to get for intentionally mislabeling deaths as Covid and for recommending the 5g tracker vaccine on patients.

Tell me you don't understand how the stock market works without telling me you don't understand how the stock market works.
It's normal for companies to grow by 800% once their awarded the vaccine from the government, that sounds logical. 

I understand its all just gambling vs actual profits, but then tell me who is trading Moderna? The Walmart and McDonalds employees? I think not, let's not try and throw rocks when we stand in glass houses, never a good idea. 

My wife is a physician that worked the front lines of Covid and I am getting a little annoyed with all these delays on our government checks we were supposed to get for intentionally mislabeling deaths as Covid and for recommending the 5g tracker vaccine on patients.
When hospitals were reported to get $25k per toe tag, you can spin that however you want but has very little to do with Ivermectin, what's the big pushback or fear here?

MoP not saying skip the vaccine, simply not wanting to be hit up for $25k funerals when you can get a $25 co-pay and at least try something vs just acting smug and 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure all of you care as much for your fellow neighbor as you profess, feels more like self preservation or something else, a strong jersey color pull seems to continue to hold back free thought and open ideas. 

You gotta setup the direct deposit but hurry, you don’t want to miss out on the delta wave. Got my eye on a new BMW with the vaccine pushing money.

1st, I'm sorry that you took offense to my posts in regards to your news story on the children's hospital. If you do the kind of work I hear about then I think we are on the same team in many ways. 

2nd, my PM box is open for you, and i'm happy to discuss with you and willing to pivot on my position, you've known me for a long time now on here and you can't feel good just labeling me a s a crazy man, you know I usually have my reasons when it all comes out in the wash. I would be cautious Gian and here is why...so many folks are in your boat already and anyone who questions what is being ordered, you seem to have an issue with and I would ask you to go back in your mind/history and there has to be an issue where you were in the minority but kinda knew you were had a point or something wasn't 100% the way the opposition was framing it.

I like you GM, I wouldn't feel good if we couldn't talk or debate even when things seem bleak. I have been eerily quiet on most of this stuff since things started but enough is enough and I feel like I need to express myself and what i am hearing. We get a constant beat over the head where you all are coming from, it's pretty simple the way you folks articulate your POV, some of us amazingly disagree, hard to believe isn't it? 

It's normal for companies to grow by 800% once their awarded the vaccine from the government, that sounds logical. 

I understand its all just gambling vs actual profits, but then tell me who is trading Moderna? The Walmart and McDonalds employees? I think not, let's not try and throw rocks when we stand in glass houses, never a good idea. 
Have you heard of GameStop or AMC?

Dr Dan Stock at the Mt Vernon School Board and is making a lot of noise.  
I know the IndyStar is probably the biggest biased news outlet in all of America (well, not really, but whatever), but.....

Here you go

From the article:

An archived version of his website shows a pre-occupation with vitamins and other alternative treatments for everything from cancer to autism.

While he has an Indiana medical license, he doesn’t appear to be board-certified, a higher level of medical credential, in family medicine, internal medicine or any other specialty. 

In other words, stop listening to the 1% outliers that are peddling nonsense like Dr. Dan Stock.  Or posting it here.  It's quackery.  And all you're doing is further propagating the misinformation.

Noise, yes. BUT At best, he told some half-truths. At worst, he completely made things up. 

Dr. Stock’s presentation is filled with disinformation

I can give you several other articles of reputable ACTUAL immunologists who debunk his video as well. 

My 16yo could throw together a pretty impressive YouTube video and make it look like a press conference to "make noise." Noise is exactly what we do not need right now. 

And stop getting news from YouTube!!!

Some of the hot takes in that video I linked include the following from Dr Dan 

"People are recognizing the advice they are getting from the CDC and NIH is counterfactual. And that's why you're still fighting this vaccine and that was  going to make all of this go away but it suddenly managed to make an outbreak of Covid-19 develop in the middle of the summer when people's Vitamin D levels are at their highest. By the way the other thing that would be necessary for any vaccine restriction to be considered would be if there were no other treatment available,"

and here is where the juice is at about 5:00 maybe 5:20 into the video he proceeds to continue on and say...

"I can tell you having treated over 15 Covi-19 patients that between actively loading with Vitamin D, Ivermectin and Zinc that there is not a single person who has come anywhere near the hospital."

27,000 likes on Youtube vs 1,000 the other way, seems like a lot of folks find this witness extremely credible but I'm guessing folks in here will dismiss him as a quack. 

Noise, yes. BUT At best, he told some half-truths. At worst, he completely made things up. 

Dr. Stock’s presentation is filled with disinformation

I can give you several other articles of reputable ACTUAL immunologists who debunk his video as well. 

My 16yo could throw together a pretty impressive YouTube video and make it look like a press conference to "make noise." Noise is exactly what we do not need right now. 

And stop getting news from YouTube!!!
Are you telling me that Krystal and Saagar are not worth watching? What's the difference between Youtube and the mass hysteria known as Facebook? 

Are you telling me that Krystal and Saagar are not worth watching? What's the difference between Youtube and the mass hysteria known as Facebook? 
OK, I admit the anti-YouTube is my own personal gotcha. lol But seriously, for official news, there are much better sources. It's hard to vet YouTube (like this doc) if they don't include sources, studies, etc.  That is much easier to do on "written" sources. And easier to steer clear of any that don't include sources. 

Some of the hot takes in that video I linked include the following from Dr Dan 

"People are recognizing the advice they are getting from the CDC and NIH is counterfactual. And that's why you're still fighting this vaccine and that was  going to make all of this go away but it suddenly managed to make an outbreak of Covid-19 develop in the middle of the summer when people's Vitamin D levels are at their highest. By the way the other thing that would be necessary for any vaccine restriction to be considered would be if there were no other treatment available,"

and here is where the juice is at about 5:00 maybe 5:20 into the video he proceeds to continue on and say...

"I can tell you having treated over 15 Covi-19 patients that between actively loading with Vitamin D, Ivermectin and Zinc that there is not a single person who has come anywhere near the hospital."

27,000 likes on Youtube vs 1,000 the other way, seems like a lot of folks find this witness extremely credible but I'm guessing folks in here will dismiss him as a quack. 
They don't find him credible. They find him to be an echo chamber and aren't interested in any other point of view. This mentality is rampant. MOP I know you accuse many here of doing this same thing, but many of us are truth-seekers. I know I've changed my mind a few times on things based on research posted on this very forum. The ability to pivot on a point of view is a skill that is sorely lacking in today's society and that has never been more evident that right now. 

mop,

why do you ignore the fact  that the company, that makes ivermectin, says don't take it for covid?  they also say, that there is no proven study, saying that it helps with covid treatments in any way.  

in no way, does your post answer my question.  stop spreading this bull ####.  it helps no one.

They don't find him credible. They find him to be an echo chamber and aren't interested in any other point of view. This mentality is rampant. MOP I know you accuse many here of doing this same thing, but many of us are truth-seekers. I know I've changed my mind a few times on things based on research posted on this very forum. The ability to pivot on a point of view is a skill that is sorely lacking in today's society and that has never been more evident that right now. 
I hope this wasn't a backhanded compliment but I too want to seek the truth and am not sold on the narrative played out in the media. I know you have the ability to pivot and that's why we can continue to post without worrying about stepping on each other's "feelings", I'm liking the brushback and hard pushback, it's good for me and forces me to ask more questions from above, I'm humoring some of the family right now by not so much as "playing along" but trying to keep an open mind until I can get more data or more 1st hand information. 

If you go back to the video, one thing I found pretty funny was the list went Vitamin D-Ivermectin-Zinc...now i am a huge Zinc supporter and when i try and recommend it to folks when they get a cold or back in the days when there were flus other than Covid, it was like talking to brick walls and Vitamin D is sorely lacking because so many folks stop drinking milk as adults. The funny part to me is you could put almost anything in the middle of those 2 supplements when someone is under the weather and probably get someone to say it made them feel better. 

For example "I gave them Vitamin D, a Snickers and lots of Zinc and 15 people immediately perked up and got out of bed", and then Snickers would be flying off the shelves faster than they could rip the boxes open. 

I could be wrong but I think these "Airborne" pills people use to chew up before going on planes, I thought Zinc was one of the components in those.   

I hope this wasn't a backhanded compliment but I too want to seek the truth and am not sold on the narrative played out in the media. I know you have the ability to pivot and that's why we can continue to post without worrying about stepping on each other's "feelings", I'm liking the brushback and hard pushback, it's good for me and forces me to ask more questions from above, I'm humoring some of the family right now by not so much as "playing along" but trying to keep an open mind until I can get more data or more 1st hand information. 

If you go back to the video, one thing I found pretty funny was the list went Vitamin D-Ivermectin-Zinc...now i am a huge Zinc supporter and when i try and recommend it to folks when they get a cold or back in the days when there were flus other than Covid, it was like talking to brick walls and Vitamin D is sorely lacking because so many folks stop drinking milk as adults. The funny part to me is you could put almost anything in the middle of those 2 supplements when someone is under the weather and probably get someone to say it made them feel better. 

For example "I gave them Vitamin D, a Snickers and lots of Zinc and 15 people immediately perked up and got out of bed", and then Snickers would be flying off the shelves faster than they could rip the boxes open. 

I could be wrong but I think these "Airborne" pills people use to chew up before going on planes, I thought Zinc was one of the components in those.   
Exactly. And yes, there have been zinc-based over the counter cold treatments for years. But let's add in a prescription anti-parasitic (off label, no less) just for good measure. That's why mis/dis-informtion like that that guy is spewing is so dangerous. And people (I wasn't addressing that at you per-se, I know you're just being contrarian) who already thought that, without any well-researched reason to do so (because to date there's no conclusive evidence stating so), latched onto him as their "smoking gun" for: a) ivermectin really works b) they don't want treatments on the market c) doctors who speak out against "the narrative" (whatever the hell that is) get silenced when none of those things is actually true.  And that was just ONE of this guy's points. All of the others were either blatantly misleading or complete lies. People latched on to those too. It's madness. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread