What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ivermectin: What have you heard? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple studies that say invermectin is very effective against C19

link to studies
If you actually read the data from this this study, it is pretty inconclusive. Only 89 test subjects. At best, only 10 people from the test group improved over the control group. At best! Hardly empirical. 

This whole ivermectin rabbit hole has an eerily similar trajectory to hydroxychloroquine. 

It's hard to tease out an effectiveness when nearly everyone that gets covid survives it on gas.  You need a giant sample size.  

But I continue to stock up on bleach, fish tank cleaner, and dog worm pills.  And bright lights.  

It makes me irate all of the money big pharma and the mainstream media is making on masks, social distancing and limited gatherings. 

It makes me irate all of the money big pharma and the mainstream media is making on masks, social distancing and limited gatherings. 
Just flew in to say that Bezos, who owns the WaPo, owns Amazon, who has benefitted like no other from this predicament. I generally agree with your sentiment and think everybody should be vaccinated and that we should provide carrots and sticks, but media conglomerates that own the MSM and their other interests have indeed made a killing off of their other endeavors. When one thing fails, another consumable product will take its place unless the economy shrinks more dramatically than we've been told.  

Sorry that this buzzkills your too-clever-by-half analysis. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Media has every reason to promote scare tactics and fear. Eyeballs and advertising. The biggest corps aren't going broke, and they're advertising to a populace that pretty much has to sit and watch television. 

Sorry this buzzkills it further. 

CletiusMaximus said:
MOP - You purported to start this separate thread to discuss this drug in a setting separate from the main COVID discussion.  Its now devolved into a garden-variety discussion of media reliability, transmission methods and similar topics that are addressed ad nauseum in the existing threads.  Where is the beef on Ivermectin?  Other than your brother, is there any reliable source indicating this is something of interest?

I learned a ton from the main COVID discussion here over the past year.  I don't trust media, CDC, Fauci or other main street sources on this topic.  I credit the FFA thread with helping me get through the past year safely (knock on wood) while not going overboard.  Its been extremely valuable to me.  I'm willing to consider anything outside the mainstream recommendations.  I do not want to get COVID.  I am still taking daily vitamin D even though most mainstream resources say that's a waste of my time.  Other than the FFA, my main source of information is my personal doctor, who recommended that I get the vaccine (which I've done).

You've not yet stated in this discussion your opinion of Ivermectin, what it is, what it does, why we should be interested in it.
1st of all, we're on the same wavelength here, I stayed out of that thread or was run out of that thread a couple different times in the last year. but not lately nd I largely agree with you that I have also learned a great deal thru other posters here more so than mainstream media and I also don't want to make this all media but you can see that folks immedaitely turn it into a tear down. 

I'll try and just engage in the meat and potatoes, I don't claim to know a lot more than folks but I do know folks within the VA who have taken this and seem to do just fine.Personally and I have been slow to share my true POV, I'm more worried about another round of almost forced vaccines or every time a variant is declared...do some folks not understand that many of us have NEVER getting a flu shot in our lives? Never not once did I ever say I want to get ahead of cold and flu season and go get a flu shot, especially when folks who were getting them then announced they still were getting sick. 

I don't want to develop into something off topic but folks are throwing links form media outlets and I refuse to allow those as the "Absolute" when almost all of them are slanted to sell a POV. 

We'll try harder Cletius and thanks. 

Here are a couple studies that say invermectin is very effective against C19

link to studies

This shows a rather small virus clearing effect, is there any evidence virus clearing is correlated with lower disease severity?  I mean maybe it does a good job of clearing viruses, like it does with dog worms, but this has no impact on people having severe complications.  Neither group as best I can tell had severe complications, because they only managed to enroll 80-ish people, and as best I can tell follow-up studies have not come out.  

This is quite similar to the HCQ situation, there is a large 4chan driven group that wants to stir up the lulz from people that are hell bent on conspiracies and will ROFL as people actually start taking dog medicine.  

Doug B said:
I'm not needling the bolded. I was needling reflexive mistrust of the BBC (among other news sources).

For many agencies, I agree that they are "selling something" to an extent, as most news organs are for profit. However, the BBC does not have to satisfy a profit motive, as it is funded by British taxpayers.

Furthermore, I don't necessarily feel like for-profit news means that the informational content is hopelessly compromised. I also don't consider ubiquitous human bias to be prima facie "propaganda" -- it's a matter of degree and intent.

Not true. 

Unlike the BBC's domestic channels in the United Kingdom, BBC America does not receive funding from the British license fee (which is the principal funding for the BBC's channels within the United Kingdom), as the BBC cannot fund any of its channels that are available outside the United Kingdom.[2] Consequently, BBC America operates as a commercial-supported channel and accepts traditional advertising. It is also funded by television subscription fees.

Even a quarter of BBC's funding inside the UK comes from its commercial subsidiary, BBC Studios. 

1st of all, we're on the same wavelength here, I stayed out of that thread or was run out of that thread a couple different times in the last year. but not lately nd I largely agree with you that I have also learned a great deal thru other posters here more so than mainstream media and I also don't want to make this all media but you can see that folks immedaitely turn it into a tear down. 

I'll try and just engage in the meat and potatoes, I don't claim to know a lot more than folks but I do know folks within the VA who have taken this and seem to do just fine.Personally and I have been slow to share my true POV, I'm more worried about another round of almost forced vaccines or every time a variant is declared...do some folks not understand that many of us have NEVER getting a flu shot in our lives? Never not once did I ever say I want to get ahead of cold and flu season and go get a flu shot, especially when folks who were getting them then announced they still were getting sick. 

I don't want to develop into something off topic but folks are throwing links form media outlets and I refuse to allow those as the "Absolute" when almost all of them are slanted to sell a POV. 

We'll try harder Cletius and thanks. 
Distrusting the media is one thing. Personally, if you are unable to parse truth from opinion, then you have other problems. 

The bigger issue to me is the distrust in science. I cannot believe that there are people discrediting Fauci. The man has devoted his life to public health and fighting disease.

And of course, everyone would love to find a miracle cure. I hate to break it to you… Ivermectin ain’t it. 

Ya know what would work?! If >90% of the population would get vaccinated!!! Here’s a short list of viral diseases all but eradicated… BECAUSE OF VACCINES!!!

polio

tetanus

rubella

measles

pertussis

mumps

chickenpox

Distrusting the media is one thing. Personally, if you are unable to parse truth from opinion, then you have other problems. 

The bigger issue to me is the distrust in science. I cannot believe that there are people discrediting Fauci. The man has devoted his life to public health and fighting disease.

And of course, everyone would love to find a miracle cure. I hate to break it to you… Ivermectin ain’t it. 

Ya know what would work?! If >90% of the population would get vaccinated!!! Here’s a short list of viral diseases all but eradicated… BECAUSE OF VACCINES!!!

polio

tetanus

rubella

measles

pertussis

mumps

chickenpox
Don’t forget smallpox, the only infection we’ve eradicated from the wild...because of vaccines!

polio

tetanus

rubella

measles

pertussis

mumps

chickenpox
I had to pause the TV this morning and confirm with my wife what I was reading on the TV, they had a graph with 3 yellow steps going up from left to right starting with Blacks, Hispanics and Whites....6%, 18%, and 60% that were totally vaccinated(10:1 ratio fully vaccinated), can we all take a quick spin down into the Black neighborhoods and go drive a couple folks to Walgreens or Publix and help get them vaccinated because that sure seems to be where we have a major hole in the fight to get the country vaccinated. How far are you willing to go beyond telling me the miracles of medical science in the field of smallpox? Are you willing to start knocking on doors? How about a mobile vaccination like when they show up for the blood drives and just park them in neighborhoods where we know folks need to be vaccinated? 

Th creativity is underwhelming right now from leaders locally and nationally.

Bret Weinstein & Dr. Pierre Kory appeared a couple weeks ago on JRE and it is worth a listen. If your ammo is to tear down the 2 guests or that Joe is not a Doctor, a lot of people who work in CDC are dictating Real Estate right now to owners and property managers when they extend evictions by another 60 DAYS, these people don't work in business and don't have the foggiest clue wheat home owners have to go thru and business owners but they are making laws left and right for people to follow. 

If you don't listen then please don't post about things you don't understand. I'll also add for those that choose to zone in on this being a horse tranquilizer or something, that is not true. Walgreens is filling prescriptions with a doctor's note or approval and a lot of folks know this but drugs are administered to humans and animals all the time. There is a human Ivermectin and then there is another type or dose that is used on horse farms as an example. Sounds spooky but if you don't take the time to do t your "i's" and cross your "t's" you're going to miss some important information. 

Again, MoP wants to stress that you should go get the vaccine/jab/shot and have total peace of mind and you won't need to research or listen to any of this, you've been vaccinated and your likelihood of getting deathly ill is almost none that we can tell. Even the folks testing positive who got vaccinated, so what? They aren't getting wheeled into ICU...oh wait they are? They aren't dying though, I know the mortality rate of people vaccinated even going to the ICU briefly, these people are not dying. So again, go get peace of mind. 

But some of you are not vaccinated and I don't know if I believe 90% of this board has been jabbed, maybe 🤷‍♂️.

So why the curiosity and even wanting to know more about Ivermectin? You trust the government lock stock and barrel, right? 

There is a prophylaxis level dosage you can take with a prescription/doctor screening ($75-$100) and then the prescription with co-pay is like $30...this is all on what I am told, I have not ordered this, don't have any on hand and am not sure I would even take it but we all know folks who won't take the vaccine and I guess a lot of you have the attitude of "Too Bad So Sad" but I would like to try and keep most of my loved ones so I am exploring all options if they are being hard headed. 

So why the curiosity and even wanting to know more about Ivermectin? You trust the government lock stock and barrel, right? 

MOP I won't address the rest of your post, because I don't do podcasts, nor do I watch Joe for anything other than pure entertainment (he's a funny dude, and knows his MMA), but I will address the above.

This is not about trusting the government. They didn't make OR research these vaccines. So to answer your question, no, I don't necessarily trust the government, but I DO trust the teams of doctors and scientists that dedicated years of their life to the research and creation of the vaccines. And the teams of scientists that researched and studied them and found them to be safe and effective.  Not to mention the trove of real-world real-use data that has come out since they were released confirming said effectiveness. And as soon as that same process happens with Ivermectin, or any other drug that shows conclusive effectiveness, I'll trust that too. But not before then. 

Yesterday there was a round table discussion of all the big hospitals in Florida and John Couris the CEO from Tampa General and a professional friend of mine spoke and said that folks are feeling much better after 1-2 days in the hospital and typically are not getting worse vs this time last year here we were short ventilators and the like. 

-This was in reference to people who may have been vaccinated and still having to go to the hospital and I'm simply sharing that most of the CEOs in these hospitals are sharing that the folks who have been vaccinated suffer much less or length of period of time and they aren't dying...that should be enough for most people to make an informed decision, yes/no? 

6% of the Black community is 100% vaccinated, I'm on the side where everyone gets to live and since these folks don't trust elected officials, public workers like police and they sure don't trust white people so maybe we should have something on hand so when they get sick and ask for the vaccine all of a sudden and we say its too late, I bet they would like to have a few of these in a "break the glass" emergency situation. I want to help people not punish them because they make poor choices brought upon by a complete distrust of society.  

MoP doesn't trust the news and neither does the Black community it turns out...6% is a disturbing number.

Mop, the only person calling this a horse tranquilizer is you. You are just regurgitating ridiculous claims and anecdotes. Most of which are untrue or unverifiable. Or at best, misinformed. YOU are the problem here. Just stop. People should get vaccinated. If they choose otherwise, for whatever reason, good luck. Don’t look to me for sympathy. The thing that bothers me most is that these are the people who put the rest of us at risk, burden our healthcare system, and end up costing/waisting more time and money while we prolong this pandemic. 

And we still have people who seem to like to wear masks in broad daylight outside even though its impossible to catch this virus or any virus i would assume outside in the blazing sun. Nobody caught Covid at the Beach that was an outright lie. People might have caught it in their cheap motels on Spring Break but they weren't catching Covid on the sand. In fact if we could get everyone to go camping and stay outdoors for a week or two with no AC I think we could beat this thing once and for all. Who is with me on going to Yosemite? 
It's highly unlikely to catch covid from the sand itself, but it can still be transmitted in droplets outdoors as well as indoors.  That should be pretty obvious when you think about it.  Would you let someone with covid cough in your open mouth just because you were outside?  Of course not.   

The sun doesn't instantly kill all viruses.  You can still catch it outside on a beach on a sunny day, but you'll probably get a smaller viral load if you do, which makes it less likely you'll get sick. 

If the covid positive person has had the virus before or is vaccinated, they'll deliver a lower viral load, because their immune system killed off the virus faster than an unvaccinated person. If an unvaccinated person is sick, they'll generally have a higher viral load, because their immune system has to learn how to fight a virus it's never seen before, and the virus spreads quickly while the immune system is learning.  With more virus in your system, each exhale or cough has more virus.  

That's one reason unvaccinated people are dangerous to vaccinated and the immunocompromised. 

Another concern is that unvaccinated people tend to hang out with each other.   So when one gets it, they deliver a higher viral load, to someone with lower ability to fight it. So even though they were outdoors at the beach and in the sun, they can still transmit the virus.  Just think about it. Have you ever been near someone talking and you feel a little dot of saliva hit your arm and you're like ewwwww?  It happens all the time with tiny little drops, but you probably remember that time because it was a big drop. 

Being outside or in a well ventilated area means fewer drops will be floating around in the air, and the sun will kill some of the stuff I breathed out earlier, but you definitely can catch it outside. Being near unvaccinated, unmasked people makes it much more likely that they will be sick, because they were unmasked around other people and probably not just outside.  And when they are sick they deliver more virus per breath. 

When you hear that people caught covid outside and say 'that was an outright lie", you're using critical thinking to see a discrepancy between different messages you've heard and choosing the one that seems right.  

Consider that people in Florida have every reason to want to believe that they can't catch it outside. Setting aside the political motivation, they have a huge economic interest in people feeling safe at the beaches and resorts.   Maybe you're hearing things that support the worldview they want to be true and not reality. 

MOP I won't address the rest of your post, because I don't do podcasts, nor do I watch Joe for anything other than pure entertainment (he's a funny dude, and knows his MMA), but I will address the above.

This is not about trusting the government. They didn't make OR research these vaccines. So to answer your question, no, I don't necessarily trust the government, but I DO trust the teams of doctors and scientists that dedicated years of their life to the research and creation of the vaccines. And the teams of scientists that researched and studied them and found them to be safe and effective.  Not to mention the trove of real-world real-use data that has come out since they were released confirming said effectiveness. And as soon as that same process happens with Ivermectin, or any other drug that shows conclusive effectiveness, I'll trust that too. But not before then. 
NJR, i appreciate your post and I want to say in reply to your 1st statement, MoP don't do a lot of Podcasts either but I do listen to comedians like Bill Burr and you can typically access his from YouTube, i like to play them over my Television and avoid cable shows whenever I can these days. Live sports is about I will watch on the TV directly. 

I would encourage you try a few, especially the ones built around some humor and I don't listen to JRE much, actually just tuned him in more in the last year. I like Podcasts in the morning when I am sipping coffee and they are just talking low into the microphone, has replaced me listening to "AM" radio talk shows mostly. 

-About these medical professionals that dedicate their lives...oh NJR do you know think there are doctors out there that dedicate their entire lives to medicine but still fall prey to the almighty dollar along the way? Money makes good people better and bad people worse, a doctorate degree from a University doesn't change that and my experience with medical professionals over the years has not been very good I have to share. My mother passed at 46 from breast cancer and they were pretty evil, instead of letting her go naturally in a few months they sold her that she could stay a little bit longer thru chemo...i never saw my mother in the way I knew her ever again after that, very painful 6-7 months, we wish we had just taken her on the road to sight see for a month or two and if she had passed along the way so be it. That would have been more fitting than her being bed ridden for basically all of it and the doctor making a fortune administering chemotherapy to a terminally ill breast cancer patient. 

They're not all angels NJR, believe me. 

It's highly unlikely to catch covid from the sand itself, but it can still be transmitted in droplets outdoors as well as indoors. 
We have discussed this ad nauseam and UV Rays kill these viruses in under a second, yes if someone spits right into your mouth but if we are going to use that as a barometer than we should all shelter in place for the rest of our lives. 

I love you BF but we even linked the BBC, the Mt Rushmore of Media Outlet Science and they can only point to handful of cases...we need folks to start camping in droves. Get out of the house and stay outdoors for a month and we would destroy this thing once and for all. 

I did n't even go beyond this point but I promise Ia m going to go back and slowly read it all. Thanks!

I had to pause the TV this morning and confirm with my wife what I was reading on the TV, they had a graph with 3 yellow steps going up from left to right starting with Blacks, Hispanics and Whites....6%, 18%, and 60% that were totally vaccinated(10:1 ratio fully vaccinated)
This is patently untrue -- what were you all watching?

DA RAIDERS said:
I believe all you need to know is that the soulless, for profit company, that makes it, straight up says don’t use this for covid. Nothing vague. No quasi disclaimers. Just straight up, don’t use it, hasn’t been tested, etc. seems pretty clear. 

but hey, some dude’s brother says to take it. :lmao:
It’s nuts. The people with the absolute biggest incentive for the drug to be used to treat Covid is straight up saying absolutely do not use it to treat Covid and there is no reason to think that it would treat Covid.

And yet folks still would rather grasp at straws and want to use a drug with significant potential side effects that has no true evidence or known mechanism for treating Covid instead of getting the vaccine that has shown to be extremely effective with tons of data supporting both its effectiveness and safety.

Local CBS/FOX affiliate in West Palm Beach, was trying to catch the weather report/surf report...I even paused it to invite my wife into the room and asked her to read to me what she saw on the screen and that's exactly what I thought I was reading...wish I had taken a picture of it now. 

Local CBS/FOX affiliate in West Palm Beach, was trying to catch the weather report/surf report...I even paused it to invite my wife into the room and asked her to read to me what she saw on the screen and that's exactly what I thought I was reading...wish I had taken a picture of it now. 
On WFLX? FOX 29?

Were they saying those were nationwide percentages, or localized to one county or town?

MoP, I don'y have the excact graphic, but I'm pretty sure I found on Channel 29's website the information you and your wife saw. And the station flubbed it pretty badly.

Here's what the station wrote:

Taking an in-depth look at the racial disparity, the CDC's data tracker reports as of Aug. 3, 9-percent of Blacks and 16-percent of Hispanics are fully vaccinated, compared to 60-percent of whites. To learn more, click here.
See how they wrote "9-percent of Blacks", "16-percent of Hispanics", "60-percent of whites"? That's not at all accurate. To see why, click on the "click here" link in the quote box above (yes, that link is also in the station's article) to see this page of the CDC's Data Tracker: Demographic Characteristics of People Receiving COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States.

Then look down a bit and look at the graph at the upper right. Mouse over the specific races shown on the bar chart. That's where the percentages come from.

It's not "9-percent of Blacks" are fully vaccinated. It's that Blacks make up 9% of the fully vaccinated Americans for which race information is captured. 37% of vaccinations capture no race information, as putting race information on the form is voluntary. See the disclaimer right above the bar chart: "Data from 165,334,987 people fully vaccinated. Race/Ethnicity was available for 104,170,421 (63%) people fully vaccinated."

MoP, I don'y have the excact graphic, but I'm pretty sure I found on Channel 29's website the information you and your wife saw. And the station flubbed it pretty badly.

Here's what the station wrote:

See how they wrote "9-percent of Blacks", "16-percent of Hispanics", "60-percent of whites"? That's not at all accurate. To see why, click on the "click here" link in the quote box above (yes, that link is also in the station's article) to see this page of the CDC's Data Tracker: Demographic Characteristics of People Receiving COVID-19 Vaccinations in the United States.

Then look down a bit and look at the graph at the upper right. Mouse over the specific races shown on the bar chart. That's where the percentages come from.

It's not "9-percent of Blacks" are fully vaccinated. It's that Blacks make up 9% of the fully vaccinated Americans for which race information is captured. 37% of vaccinations capture no race information, as putting race information on the form is voluntary. See the disclaimer right above the bar chart: "Data from 165,334,987 people fully vaccinated. Race/Ethnicity was available for 104,170,421 (63%) people fully vaccinated."
❤️ 

1st of all, how many people here would take the time to find the station and dig any of this up to try and help his fellow FBG bud? 

I wish you had the yellow graph they put up on the screen because none of it was presented with the back drop and info you project BUT even so about 1/3 of Blacks are vaccinated if we go with your post which I still think I should be given the benefit of the doubt for what I saw since you seem to confirm it although from a slightly differing position. I know what I saw on the TV because I don't tune in that often and I even froze the screen to double check and asked my wife to confirm if what I was reading was true and based on everything we saw, they reported it in the way I am telling you even if their own website has looks a little different to you. 

And yeah Ch 29 is about right but they also own TV12 I think as well. NBC is 6, ABC is 25? You all go to some depths to double check everything, I wish you all were as passionate about folks who eat and drink their way into a comorbidity(diabetes, cancer) and exacerbate the pandemic allowing government leaders to exploit the situation and make/pass laws and rules based on the folks that exhibit no control over their daily lives just managing basic food. 

Right now the enemy in this country is your next door neighbor walking outside without a mask on, we are fighting internally instead of what we normally are good at, uniting together to stop evil around the World. 

Doug just to be clear, were you trying to say that if you added up the numbers you posted we get 100% or a round number of 100? I get 9 plus 16 plus 60 is like 85...I don't think those numbers work the way you are saying but I don't want care enough to get into a tug o war over it, not nearly as much as say...A MASK OUTSIDE when UV from the Sun kills viruses not just the CV-19. 

Cheers Doug and appreciate you taking the time to post on this topic. 

I'm not buying all the "they can't patent these drugs" talk.  They would still have to be recommended and prescribed by a Doctor and delivered by a pharmacy.  Someone would make a few bucks off of it.

Doug just to be clear, were you trying to say that if you added up the numbers you posted we get 100% or a round number of 100? I get 9 plus 16 plus 60 is like 85...I don't think those numbers work the way you are saying
There are four other racial categories on the CDC chart:

Hispanic/Latino - 15.7%

American Indian/Alaska Native Non_Hispanic - 0.9%

Asian Non_Hispanic - 6.3%

Black Non_Hispanic - 9.1%

Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander Non_Hispanic - 0.3%

White Non_Hispanic - 59.7%

Multiple/Other Non_Hispanic - 8.1%

Hispanic/Latino - 15.7%

We'll use your numbers but that still will leave about 2/3 of Blacks unvaccinated because the other number that flew thru the last couple days with almost no pushback in the Media(35%) and then this morning I had just 3 yellow columns on my TV screen, it wasn't presented the way you are posting Doug so guess what, the entire Palm Beach and Treasure Coast that saw this is going to think only 9% of Blacks have been vaccinated and this happens all the time on the news and TV, people see a quick graph or flash maybe just passing thru an airport and believe they've witnessed the spoken word and it must be because they just saw it on TV. But we will go with your research and that still is going to leave roughly 2/3 unvaccinated, still a huge concern and doesn't seem to be getting much National attention I guess. Just those horrible people on the beach in Florida bringing down the entire United States one Sun-ray at a time. 

We'll use your numbers but that still will leave about 2/3 of Blacks unvaccinated because the other number that flew thru the last couple days with almost no pushback in the Media(35%) and then this morning I had just 3 yellow columns on my TV screen, it wasn't presented the way you are posting Doug so guess what, the entire Palm Beach and Treasure Coast that saw this is going to think only 9% of Blacks have been vaccinated and this happens all the time on the news and TV, people see a quick graph or flash maybe just passing thru an airport and believe they've witnessed the spoken word and it must be because they just saw it on TV. But we will go with your research and that still is going to leave roughly 2/3 unvaccinated, still a huge concern and doesn't seem to be getting much National attention I guess. Just those horrible people on the beach in Florida bringing down the entire United States one Sun-ray at a time. 

Has this Board done any research at all or looked at the FLCCC which stands for the Front Line Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance? 

I have a link that will have ways to get more information if you desire and you can go here and honestly I haven't looked around there much, I can tell they have links to things that will support their position so like anything there is going to be some propaganda in there but you will find clear instructions on how to get Ivermectin and there are a lot of foreign doctors attached to this and that normally would scare me off but over the last many years I have seen where other countries to my shock have better care or access to certain medicine it seems than we do here in the United States, that's crazy to me.

This FLCCC link might get you to the meat and potatoes @CletiusMaximus of what you are seeking. I'm just trying to give you what you want, feel free to tear it apart but I'm rather surprised this topic didn't already have an ongoing thread.  

Mop, the only person calling this a horse tranquilizer is you. You are just regurgitating ridiculous claims and anecdotes. Most of which are untrue or unverifiable. Or at best, misinformed. YOU are the problem here. Just stop. People should get vaccinated. If they choose otherwise, for whatever reason, good luck. Don’t look to me for sympathy. The thing that bothers me most is that these are the people who put the rest of us at risk, burden our healthcare system, and end up costing/waisting more time and money while we prolong this pandemic. 
Who are you actually talking to? The only person who isn't endorsing getting the vaccine in bold letters is all of you. I have done a few times in here already. 

Mr Tom, please don't just make things up that I said when your real anger is likely directed elsewhere but I can see you want to try and make me a target. I posted all kinds of links for folks to chew on and I have encouraged people to get jabbed and my State of Florida IMHO has done an outstanding job of getting the most vulnerable to take their shots. 

Chill out TS, you went and dug me up off a milk carton once, sit back and enjoy 😉

-This Board claims to be just about fully vaccinated so there isn't much I'm going to say that is going to make much difference one way or the other. 

-And lose that race BS you posted in the last post, that is so far off the ranch it's only there to light a match and try to Hi-JACK the thread, it's not even remotely what we are discussing. The facts are the facts, whether it was 6% or 2/3 there is a lot in that part of the demographics that have not been vaccinated, if you can't accept that for what it is then I guess we will stop the banter back and forth right there. 

Cheers!

Please take that down or I gotta put you on ignore and I'm happy to remove this and trim any other post but you gotta stop man. I don't want to but that ain't right and you know it. 

:thumbdown:
You seem hung up on pointing it out. Do you understand why African-Americans might be more skeptical when it comes to getting vaccinated? The lower vaccination rate is an obvious reflection of that. 

Do you understand why African-Americans might be more skeptical when it comes to getting vaccinated? The lower vaccination rate is an obvious reflection of that. 
To piggyback: I also want to reiterate that there are a large percentage** of vaccinated people who don't offer up their race information on the form. This is also covered on the CDC graphs I linked earlier this morning.

** 37% of the fully-vaxed.

Do you understand why African-Americans might be more skeptical when it comes to getting vaccinated? The lower vaccination rate is an obvious reflection of that. 
I'd love to answer that question if you would kindly take down that post for me, please and then we can continue the discussion and you'll get plenty of opportunities to tear me up but the race baiting I can't put up with. This will be the last time I ask nicely and then I'll shut you off because I'm not going to watch the thread torn down over race baiting or subtle jabs that have nothing to do with what we're discussing. I'm sorry you're having a bad day but please take down the post I asked, it's very offensive and we can't continue our chat otherwise. 

Thanks Tom

@Tom Skerritt

I did put your posts on ignore for now, my PM is open for you however, PM me there when you take that post down and I'll be happy to make you the first person I have ever REMOVED from the ignore list, 👍

And I sincerely would prefer to banter and post with you, you make me laugh a lot but not today I'm afraid. 

Cheers TS

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-july-2021/

Figure 3 shows that 65% of black adults have received at least one dose of the vaccine.  Not sure where you are getting that 2/3 are unvaccinated.

Hispanic/Latino - 15.7%

I flubbed this link upthread -- all the data I've been talking about today in this thread comes from this link:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccination-demographic

The specific graph is on the top right once you scroll down a bit, titled "Race/Ethnicity of People Fully Vaccinated:".

We have discussed this ad nauseam and UV Rays kill these viruses in under a second, 
I would like to point out that this is also patently false. 

It is true that UVC rays will quickly destroy viral DNA, but UVC rays do not penetrate the earth’s atmosphere. 

UVA and UVB rays take much longer the destroy viral DNA. You’re more likely to get skin cancer than to destroy the coronavirus. 

I would like to point out that this is also patently false. 

It is true that UVC rays will quickly destroy viral DNA, but UVC rays do not penetrate the earth’s atmosphere. 

UVA and UVB rays take much longer the destroy viral DNA. You’re more likely to get skin cancer than to destroy the coronavirus. 

Just a reminder for anyone who missed it directly from the BBC which was used very early on in this thread...

What makes the outdoors safer?

-Researchers say infections can happen outdoors, but the chances are massively reduced.

-Fresh air dilutes the virus.

-It also helps to evaporate the liquid droplets in which it is carried.

-On top of that, ultraviolet light from the Sun should kill any virus that's out in the open.

And while not impossible Dickies, you must know the 6 people who caught it outdoors because...they go on to say 

-Even so, there are a handful of cases where it's believed that infections did happen outside.

We are talking about the absolute most ridiculous small fraction of a percentage of people catching this while outside basking in the sun. 

Just be aware that we don't yet know how much more transmissible the Delta variant is outdoors. Luckily the baseline for outdoor transmission is very low for the original virus, but the data isn't there yet for this new one.

And we still have people who seem to like to wear masks in broad daylight outside even though its impossible to catch this virus or any virus i would assume outside in the blazing sun. Nobody caught Covid at the Beach that was an outright lie. People might have caught it in their cheap motels on Spring Break but they weren't catching Covid on the sand. In fact if we could get everyone to go camping and stay outdoors for a week or two with no AC I think we could beat this thing once and for all. Who is with me on going to Yosemite? 

The BBC said it was virtually impossible, MoP said for peace of mind go get vaccinated  :lmao:

What are you reading on that side of the screen?
Just what you're typing

I-MASS Protocol and you can scroll down and there are clear instructions. 

Lots of links and this is again from the FLCCC site I linked earlier. 

You can also link there to the British Ivermectin Recommendation Development or BiRD.org for short.

I'm very skeptical myself and really like most of you don't need to worry about Covid but Ivermectin isn't just a handful of folks, these websites are chocked full of folks, "doctors" and info/news stories to back them up. And I bet you all can point to different data and information and thankfully some of you already have. 

I don't think this Ivermectin is going away. It seems to have more steam though in other countries.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread