What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jackson Browne: 75th Birthday (1 Viewer)

Jackson Browne: Favorite Song

• Tender Is The Night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doctor My Eyes

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • The Load Out/Stay

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Somebody's Baby

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • In The Shape Of A Heart

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Running On Empty

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Boulevard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lawyers In Love

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • That Girl Could Sing

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
I voted That Girl Could Sing, but would have chosen Rock Me on the Water had it been available. That's a song for the "I'm in hospice and dying" playlist.

I'm the guy choosing Jackson Browne stuff in the music countdown/list threads. Don't understand the hatred, as he is one of the greatest songwriters of the rock era, easily better than lots of the trendy picks. He deserves special praise for bringing us Warren Zevon.

I voted That Girl Could Sing, but would have chosen Rock Me on the Water had it been available. That's a song for the "I'm in hospice and dying" playlist.

I'm the guy choosing Jackson Browne stuff in the music countdown/list threads. Don't understand the hatred, as he is one of the greatest songwriters of the rock era, easily better than lots of the trendy picks. He deserves special praise for bringing us Warren Zevon.
Same. Is it a boomer thing or a Gen x thing? He’s not Dylan but who is? Love me some Jackson Browne.

I am not an expert in his music, but I like what I know quite a bit. The Pretender and Your Bright Baby Blues are two of my favorites.

Same. Is it a boomer thing or a Gen x thing? He’s not Dylan but who is? Love me some Jackson Browne.

I think the reasons for much of the "hate" are pretty well-known. Whether there's any truth to the DV rumors, there is a ton of smoke such that much of it is widely accepted as true.

I think the reasons for much of the "hate" are pretty well-known. Whether there's any truth to the DV rumors, there is a ton of smoke such that much of it is widely accepted as true.
Interesting I’ve never heard that before as a reason people don’t like his musics

Can you elaborate?

Can you elaborate?

He's been dogged by domestic violence allegations and rumors from decades ago. I think it has tarnished his reputation as many accept the rumors as fact.

Can you elaborate?

He's been dogged by domestic violence allegations and rumors from decades ago. I think it has tarnished his reputation as many accept the rumors as fact.
Wow never heard about that before.

Wow never heard about that before.
You can do a search for Daryl Hannah and Jackson, and find some details.

It's all been vague for a long time, and I always thought he beat her, till I actually read about it.

The only thing clear, is that it's all unclear. Far as I know, Hannah never said he beat her. There was an incident (when she went to move out after leaving him for JFK Jr) but I don't think she ever accused him.

Users who are viewing this thread