What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jags Update - Stroud possibly out? (1 Viewer)

JaxBill

Footballguy
Stroud's status is in doubt

Jaguars' Pro Bowl tackle on crutches; Peterson returns to practice.

By VITO STELLINO, The Times-Union

Marcus Stroud's five-year streak of playing in 80 consecutive regular season games since being drafted is likely to be snapped on Sunday.

Stroud suffered what may turn out to be a serious ankle injury in practice Wednesday and was on crutches Thursday with a boot on his lower right leg.

Stroud was grimacing as he hobbled into the team's practice facility on his crutches and when he was asked how it looked, he only said, "It's looking.''

The Jaguars officially listed him as questionable for the Jaguars season opener against the Dallas Cowboys, but Stroud would appear to have little chance of playing on Sunday.

The bigger question may be his availability for any of the team's first four games against playoff teams in the next 24 days. After Dallas, the Jaguars play defending Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh, at Indianapolis and at Washington.

Stroud has made the Pro Bowl the last three years and is one of two players drafted by the Jaguars since 1996 to play in the Pro Bowl. Tackle John Henderson is the other.

While the Jaguars have a solid backup in Rob Meier, who will likely step into the lineup for Stroud, they have little depth at the position. Tony McDaniel, who made the team as an undrafted rookie free agent, is the only other tackle on the roster.

Coach Jack Del Rio, who declined to say whether Stroud suffered ligament damage in the ankle, said that DE Paul Spicer can switch to tackle.

"You end up doing whatever you can do with the guys you have,'' Del Rio said. "That's what we all do. We go into the game with 45 guys. That's part of doing business in the NFL. You get to dress 45 guys. You've got to have versatility and flexibility and you've got to be able to adapt and overcome.

"If one guy can't go, one guy takes that one guy's place and we keep going.''

Meanwhile, middle linebacker Mike Peterson returned to practice after sitting out Wednesday's practice with a sprained medial collateral ligament.

Peterson will have a better idea today of whether he'll be able to play when he learns if the knee swells up overnight.

"It feels fine, but I haven't been using it so I find myself limping sometimes because I haven't used my knee with the brace on,'' he said.

Peterson appeared somewhat tentative during the 30-minute media viewing session and remained questionable on the injury report.

Peterson said before practice that he thought he'd know by the end of practice whether he could play.

When he was asked after practice, he said, "I said I'd know. I didn't say I was going to tell you.''
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...g_4906745.shtml

Peterson appeared somewhat tentative during the 30-minute media viewing session

Take that and read into it.

I got this on the Cowboys Radio Report yesterday. Take it for what it is worth.

That Jags practice was opened up to the media. The report, which came from someone that was at the practice, was that Peterson was at practice but did not necessarily practice.

There is a certain...a lot...of gamesmanship going on with Del Rio in this situation. Peterson is the best LB in football that nobody knows. Well, except the FF IDP crowd. Parcells and Co. are being forced to prepare for him.

I own Peterson. Even if I see him trotting around during pre-game warm-ups I am probably going to sit him. He is a very, very risky play this week.

Yeah, I'm probably sitting Peterson especially after this line:

Peterson will have a better idea today of whether he'll be able to play when he learns if the knee swells up overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread