What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jahvid Best (1 Viewer)

4.8 in my 12 team draft a week ago, 5.4 in my 10 team draft tonight. I think he was the only guy I wound up with on both teams.

got him at 5.1 two weeks ago in a local (I live in Metro Detroit) 12 team redraft league. I highly doubt he'll make it past the 2nd round in my 2 upcoming drafts. I like what I've seen from the kid... looks electric and really should be the feature back... but he's on a team that has won 2 games in 2 years and hasn't been able to run the ball since a 1st ballot Hall of Famer was there. Late 3rd - Early 4th seems about right for him. In my leagues (all are PPR and all have QBs getting 6 pts for TDs), I'd rather have a more sure thing like a top 10 WR or top 5 QB in the late 2nd - early 3rd.

I planned on taking him and Finley at the 3.9/4.4 turn after keeping Ray Rice and Randy Moss in a 12 team, 2 player keeper(non-ppr). Everything was going to plan and then.... Greg Jennings was still available at the 3.9 spot, what would you have done?

1/2/2/1/1/1 no flex, starting lineup requirments

For the record, this draft is long over, just wondering what the Best fans here would do because others could find themselves in a similar situation.

Just Win Baby said:
In my 16 team redraft tonight, he went at 2.11, as the 18th RB drafted.
27 picks in and 18 backs were taken? The rumors of the demise of stud RB are greatly exaggerated...
Not necessarily. It is a 16 team league, so only 2 of 11 teams that had made 2 picks at that point had taken two RBs. Also, it is a non-PPR league, which contributes to the early RB drafting.

Just Win Baby said:
27 picks in and 18 backs were taken? The rumors of the demise of stud RB are greatly exaggerated...
Not necessarily. It is a 16 team league, so only 2 of 11 teams that had made 2 picks at that point had taken two RBs. Also, it is a non-PPR league, which contributes to the early RB drafting.
You're right. I wasn't suggesting everyone was going RB-RB, although every single person in your 16 team league took at least one RB with their first two picks, and some at least two went RB-RB. Not one person out of 16 tried WR-WR or QB-WR when money was on the line. The reason I mention this is that, a month ago, people were talking about how this was the year to wait on running back because there were so many good ones, and that you had to scoop up the WR talent in the first and second rounds. People were even advocating WR-WR-WR because of the depth at RB. In a couple threads at the time, I reminded people that this happens every year - people shy away from the unclear RBBCs, or the rookies, until they start getting more information in the preseason, and a couple guys end up blowing up, and next thing you know, the sweet spot for those second and third tier running backs moves from the fifth and sixth rounds to the second and third. It happens every year. This year, there are a lot more rookies showing something early and all three of the first round rookies seem to have situations where they can excel right out of the gate. But that doesn't change the fact that they're rookies, no matter how good they look in preseason. Earlier in the offseason, the value is at RB and the trick is to stock up on everything else in the early rounds. Later in the offseason, the value at RB in the later rounds starts to disappear, and people go back to RB-RB or RB-WR-RB, saying things like, I think he could be a top 5 back and you have to reach sometimes to get your guy. When someone says that, "their guy" is, more often than not, a running back, and it means massive flux in ADPs at the last possible minute.

I planned on taking him and Finley at the 3.9/4.4 turn after keeping Ray Rice and Randy Moss in a 12 team, 2 player keeper(non-ppr). Everything was going to plan and then.... Greg Jennings was still available at the 3.9 spot, what would you have done?1/2/2/1/1/1 no flex, starting lineup requirmentsFor the record, this draft is long over, just wondering what the Best fans here would do because others could find themselves in a similar situation.
I was hoping to get some thoughts on this, but anyway. I had to(or at least felt like i did) take Jennings. Which left mewith a choice of Best and Finley at the 4.4. After much deliberation, and getting harrassed by my leaguemates, i took Best. I am still questioning the decision, especially considering we only have to start 2 RB's and 2 WR's.I really hated seeing Finley go 5 picks later the the Rodgers owner.I am going to push for all my redrafts to be done in July, i could have gotten both those guys in the 6/7th round.

Took him at 4.4 today, so still successful in getting him on every team of mine so far. One left to draft, but I feel compelled to take him higher each time...

12 team PPR redraft and bonus points for distance TD's.

Grabbed him at 5.5.

I am on the train!

I think the kid is special. The only (and I mean ONLY) concern I have is the rookie breaking down late in the year scenerio. You have to worry about that with Spiller, Mathews, and Foster also though.

I got him at 3.04. I'm rolling him and Gore as my dynamic duo. We'll see what happens. It kinda feels like when I drafted ADP in his rookie year....

I took him and Benson at the 2/3 turn in a 12 team .5 ppr. I passed on Jennings, Colston, Jackson, Charles, and CAR Smith. It's hard to pass on a featured back on a potentially high scoring offense. The receivers that are available at that pick don't thrill me either.

Dr. Gobbler said:
I got him at 3.04. I'm rolling him and Gore as my dynamic duo. We'll see what happens. It kinda feels like when I drafted ADP in his rookie year....
it shouldn't

Go deep said:
Go deep said:
I planned on taking him and Finley at the 3.9/4.4 turn after keeping Ray Rice and Randy Moss in a 12 team, 2 player keeper(non-ppr). Everything was going to plan and then.... Greg Jennings was still available at the 3.9 spot, what would you have done?1/2/2/1/1/1 no flex, starting lineup requirmentsFor the record, this draft is long over, just wondering what the Best fans here would do because others could find themselves in a similar situation.
I was hoping to get some thoughts on this, but anyway. I had to(or at least felt like i did) take Jennings. Which left mewith a choice of Best and Finley at the 4.4. After much deliberation, and getting harrassed by my leaguemates, i took Best. I am still questioning the decision, especially considering we only have to start 2 RB's and 2 WR's.I really hated seeing Finley go 5 picks later the the Rodgers owner.I am going to push for all my redrafts to be done in July, i could have gotten both those guys in the 6/7th round.
Go Deep, this is EXACTLY what happened to me! I was planning to take Best/Finley at the 4.10/5.01 turn in my 10-team non-PPR draft, but when I got there I saw that Jennings had somehow fallen to that point. My previous three picks were Chris Johnson, Ryan Mathews, and Miles Austin. I simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to add Jennings to go along with Austin as my starting WRs. I had Jennings ranked as a top-10 WR and probably slated to go anywhere from pick 22-27. To not grab him at pick 40 or 41 would have been stupid, I feel. So then it was a matter of choosing between Best and Finley. In the end I couldn't help but take Best, salivating over the fact that he could provide ridiculous upside at my RB3/Flex position. I ended up having to settle for Witten as my starting TE. Like you, I have struggled with whether I did the right thing or not with those picks. If my next WR pick (Hakeem Nicks) ends up really breaking out this year, I will probably regret having passed Finley over at that point, but you just never know what's going to happen. I do think Jennings will improve over his numbers from a year ago. That Packer offense is going to be unstoppable. And I am sold on Best. I can envision 1,200 yards rushing, 300 yards receiving and double-digit TDs if he stays healthy.

In re-drafs, I'd prefer him as a #3RB, but wouldn't feel uncomfortable with him as my #2...#1? Hell no...

Stafford ia showing signs that he may a good QB down the line, but it's still going to take him another year or three to get there...at least to the point where defenses respect everything about his game. He's not there yet, and if we are being realistic, it probably 'aint going to happen this year either. I expect a Matt Ryan sophomore-esque season for Stafford, maybe a bit better if Calvin can bail out the relatively green QB with a few spectacular catches, ala Roddy White in 2008. Don't get me wrong, I think Stafford is going to play in a few pro-bowls(well, if he wants to, of course, lol) over the next ten to fifteen years, but that type of season 'aint happening this year. Stranger things have happened, but it's a LONG shot....

What does all of this mean? Well, the Lions are improving(at least on paper) and 6-8 wins isn't a reach like it was for quite a while...but you can't expect Best to get the # of carries one needs out of their #1. The receptions Best will haul in will make up some of that ground, but again, you can't count on those 5-10 catch games to happen every week. If, however, they do...you have yourself a fine #2 fantasy RB, if they don't? You have an average #2RB, and a damn solid #3.

In dynasty/keeper leagues(especially the type where you lose the pick you used on your keeper...say a third round pick in 2011 due to Best being picked in that round(possibly optimistic, as someone with huge balls will probably take him in the second, possibly even the first in a dynasty league. That is a ridiculous reach, but again, stranger things have happened.

Before Best's 2009 collegiate season, he lacked the size/strength to be an NFL star, not to mention the ability to play and play well over a 16 game schedule. Nevertheless, somehow, hopefully without the help of PED's(not that it really matters in the NFL, as the morons are the only ones who get caught due to the teams giving players more than enough time to "prepare" for the piss test), he put on a ridiculous amount of muscle and bulk without losing much speed/agility. He still may lack the durability to last 16 games, but I don't believe his size is much of an issue anymore. Time will tell regarding these matters, some RB's can hack it, some can't..

So, this is all my opinion of course, and as you can tell, I wouldn't touch best in round one or two of a re-draft, but he is the type of pick that can win you a bunch of games if he isn't taken by an overly optimistic homer/fanboy a bit too early. Again, time will tell, and those fanboys may get the last laugh, but I wouldn't bet on it. For the 2011 season? A season in which the Lions may be possible playoff conenteders due to Stafford's progress? We may see Best as a first round talent, but he is still a crapshoot at this point, as all rookie RB's are..."best" of luck!

Dr. Gobbler said:
it shouldn't
no it shouldnt. Best will put up better fantasy points then AD did.
:fishing:
Why is that fishing? He could be as good as Chris Johnson and ADP.
Best has the greatest chance of all the rookie RB's to be in the Chris Johnson/ADP class. The question about him has never been ability....simple health...wasn't that ADP's concern coming into the league :unsure:

he got taken at 3.08 in my 12-teamer last night. I feel like that's too early for him. There's no value in taking him in the 3rd round; the value comes if you can get him in the 4th or 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:
bostonfred said:
Just Win Baby said:
You're right. I wasn't suggesting everyone was going RB-RB, although every single person in your 16 team league took at least one RB with their first two picks, and some at least two went RB-RB. Not one person out of 16 tried WR-WR or QB-WR when money was on the line. The reason I mention this is that, a month ago, people were talking about how this was the year to wait on running back because there were so many good ones, and that you had to scoop up the WR talent in the first and second rounds. People were even advocating WR-WR-WR because of the depth at RB. In a couple threads at the time, I reminded people that this happens every year - people shy away from the unclear RBBCs, or the rookies, until they start getting more information in the preseason, and a couple guys end up blowing up, and next thing you know, the sweet spot for those second and third tier running backs moves from the fifth and sixth rounds to the second and third. It happens every year. This year, there are a lot more rookies showing something early and all three of the first round rookies seem to have situations where they can excel right out of the gate. But that doesn't change the fact that they're rookies, no matter how good they look in preseason. Earlier in the offseason, the value is at RB and the trick is to stock up on everything else in the early rounds. Later in the offseason, the value at RB in the later rounds starts to disappear, and people go back to RB-RB or RB-WR-RB, saying things like, I think he could be a top 5 back and you have to reach sometimes to get your guy. When someone says that, "their guy" is, more often than not, a running back, and it means massive flux in ADPs at the last possible minute.
You are right on the money here bostonfred. I was aboard the "grab top WR's early and load up on RB's later" hype train myself, only to see the RB's scooped up like crazy early on in my main 10-team money league. To me, it seems that people are used to grabbing RB's early, over the years, and that hasn't changed just yet. There were plenty of RBBC RB's being taken with solid options at WR and TE still on the board.This serves as a word of warning to the WR/WR/QB early strategists. Gotta be careful doing that, cause you may be staring at Felix Jones types or worse as your RB1..not good!One the Jahvid Best front, I was gonna grab him in the 5th round of both of my drafts, but he got snatched up right before my pick in both drafts. Gotta grab him in the 4th or sooner (in a 10-teamer) if you want him it appears.

Dr. Gobbler said:
it shouldn't
no it shouldnt. Best will put up better fantasy points then AD did.
:lmao:
Why is that fishing? He could be as good as Chris Johnson and ADP.
The top 6 fantasy rbs are generally agreed to be Chris Johnson, ADP, MJD, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, and Michael Turner. Only 2 were 1st rd picks (CJ and ADP) and only ADP was drafted in the top 10. My point is that we shouldn't dismiss the idea that Best could have a huge year or be a top 5 fantasy pick in 2011. Of course, it isn't wise to expect that, but 5 of the top 6 fantasy rbs weren't considered studs when they came into the league. The current #1, CJ, was considered a a speedy complimentary back...not an every down 2,500 yard, 16 td season type rb. He was too thin and wouldn't be a force between the tackles or in short yardage. Just sayin', you never know. Best is going to get a heck of an opportunity, so he's got that going for him.

bostonfred said:
Just Win Baby said:
You are right on the money here bostonfred. I was aboard the "grab top WR's early and load up on RB's later" hype train myself, only to see the RB's scooped up like crazy early on in my main 10-team money league. To me, it seems that people are used to grabbing RB's early, over the years, and that hasn't changed just yet. There were plenty of RBBC RB's being taken with solid options at WR and TE still on the board.This serves as a word of warning to the WR/WR/QB early strategists. Gotta be careful doing that, cause you may be staring at Felix Jones types or worse as your RB1..not good!One the Jahvid Best front, I was gonna grab him in the 5th round of both of my drafts, but he got snatched up right before my pick in both drafts. Gotta grab him in the 4th or sooner (in a 10-teamer) if you want him it appears.
I landed him in the 5th last night, but we start 2 QB's so that pushed things down a bit. I agree that average backs or RBBC were going well to early.

In re-drafs, I'd prefer him as a #3RB, but wouldn't feel uncomfortable with him as my #2...#1? Hell no...

Stafford ia showing signs that he may a good QB down the line, but it's still going to take him another year or three to get there...at least to the point where defenses respect everything about his game. He's not there yet, and if we are being realistic, it probably 'aint going to happen this year either. I expect a Matt Ryan sophomore-esque season for Stafford, maybe a bit better if Calvin can bail out the relatively green QB with a few spectacular catches, ala Roddy White in 2008. Don't get me wrong, I think Stafford is going to play in a few pro-bowls(well, if he wants to, of course, lol) over the next ten to fifteen years, but that type of season 'aint happening this year. Stranger things have happened, but it's a LONG shot....

What does all of this mean? Well, the Lions are improving(at least on paper) and 6-8 wins isn't a reach like it was for quite a while...but you can't expect Best to get the # of carries one needs out of their #1. The receptions Best will haul in will make up some of that ground, but again, you can't count on those 5-10 catch games to happen every week. If, however, they do...you have yourself a fine #2 fantasy RB, if they don't? You have an average #2RB, and a damn solid #3.

In dynasty/keeper leagues(especially the type where you lose the pick you used on your keeper...say a third round pick in 2011 due to Best being picked in that round(possibly optimistic, as someone with huge balls will probably take him in the second, possibly even the first in a dynasty league. That is a ridiculous reach, but again, stranger things have happened.

Before Best's 2009 collegiate season, he lacked the size/strength to be an NFL star, not to mention the ability to play and play well over a 16 game schedule. Nevertheless, somehow, hopefully without the help of PED's(not that it really matters in the NFL, as the morons are the only ones who get caught due to the teams giving players more than enough time to "prepare" for the piss test), he put on a ridiculous amount of muscle and bulk without losing much speed/agility. He still may lack the durability to last 16 games, but I don't believe his size is much of an issue anymore. Time will tell regarding these matters, some RB's can hack it, some can't..

So, this is all my opinion of course, and as you can tell, I wouldn't touch best in round one or two of a re-draft, but he is the type of pick that can win you a bunch of games if he isn't taken by an overly optimistic homer/fanboy a bit too early. Again, time will tell, and those fanboys may get the last laugh, but I wouldn't bet on it. For the 2011 season? A season in which the Lions may be possible playoff conenteders due to Stafford's progress? We may see Best as a first round talent, but he is still a crapshoot at this point, as all rookie RB's are..."best" of luck!
Your whloe post made me lol but the bolded part in paticular.. Yeah good luck getting a better #2 rb then Best and you say hell no.... Guess your league size is 2?

Your whloe post made me lol but the bolded part in paticular.. Yeah good luck getting a better #2 rb then Best and you say hell no.... Guess your league size is 2?
I may be wrong, but I don't think he was saying "hell no" to Best as a RB2, I think he was saying "hell no" to best as a RB1. I think his opinion on Best as a RB2 is that he "wouldn't be uncomfortable with him there".

he got taken at 3.08 in my 12-teamer last night. I feel like that's too early for him. There's no value in taking him in the 3rd round; the value comes if you can get him in the 4th or 5th.
I don't understand this reasoning...you take him in round 3 if you think he will perform as well or better than other RB's going about the same time..and he just might. Not every pick has to be a "value" pick.

I boarded the Best train yesterday as well

12 team, PPR, 6 point all TD Redfraft.

Was able to snag him at 4.08

I felt he had the highest upside of any player on the board at that point. He plays in a dome as well.

His body frame reminds me a lot of MJD; he is going to be a pain in the ### to tackle for defenders. I also hope Stafford starts to lean on him in the passing game. He has the speed to take any touch to the house

His current ADP 38.96, 20th RB off the board.Look at this list of the 5 RBs going before and after him:

15 (28) Chris Wells RB ARI 27.61 22 52 100.0%16 (29) Pierre Thomas RB NO 29.39 24 40 100.0%17 (32) Jonathan Stewart RB CAR 33.48 28 58 100.0%18 (33) Knowshon Moreno RB DEN 35.11 27 47 100.0%19 (34) LeSean McCoy RB PHI 35.27 25 51 100.0%20 (40) Jahvid Best RB DET 38.96 27 54 100.0%21 (41) Matt Forte RB CHI 42.33 28 55 100.0%22 (42) Felix Jones RB DAL 43.11 35 68 100.0%23 (46) Joseph Addai RB IND 46.14 26 57 100.0%24 (50) Arian Foster RB HOU 49.74 26 72 100.0%25 (51) Ronnie Brown RB MIA 51.08 35 67 100.0%
When I think about the question marks that come with the 10 other backs listed, I'm not sure what would make anyone uncomfortable taking him as an RB2.

I don't understand this reasoning...you take him in round 3 if you think he will perform as well or better than other RB's going about the same time..and he just might. Not every pick has to be a "value" pick.
People don't understand that "value" is subjective and the spot where you draft a player is objective. When someone says there's no value if you take a player in the 3rd round they are mixing what is objective with subjective. Are you trying to build a team with the best combined ADP or best chance of winning? Value is a mirage, people in fantasy are mostly clueless when they use the word.

His current ADP 38.96, 20th RB off the board.Look at this list of the 5 RBs going before and after him:

15 (28) Chris Wells RB ARI 27.61 22 52 100.0%16 (29) Pierre Thomas RB NO 29.39 24 40 100.0%17 (32) Jonathan Stewart RB CAR 33.48 28 58 100.0%18 (33) Knowshon Moreno RB DEN 35.11 27 47 100.0%19 (34) LeSean McCoy RB PHI 35.27 25 51 100.0%20 (40) Jahvid Best RB DET 38.96 27 54 100.0%21 (41) Matt Forte RB CHI 42.33 28 55 100.0%22 (42) Felix Jones RB DAL 43.11 35 68 100.0%23 (46) Joseph Addai RB IND 46.14 26 57 100.0%24 (50) Arian Foster RB HOU 49.74 26 72 100.0%25 (51) Ronnie Brown RB MIA 51.08 35 67 100.0%
When I think about the question marks that come with the 10 other backs listed, I'm not sure what would make anyone uncomfortable taking him as an RB2.
:shrug:The only rb on that list I would take ahead of Best in non-ppr leagues is Pierre Thomas.

People don't understand that "value" is subjective and the spot where you draft a player is objective. When someone says there's no value if you take a player in the 3rd round they are mixing what is objective with subjective. Are you trying to build a team with the best combined ADP or best chance of winning? Value is a mirage, people in fantasy are mostly clueless when they use the word.
:loco: True Value is determined at the end of the year. Perceived value means nothing. If a player is drafted after his ADP and still doesn't perform, was it a value? If a player is drafted ahead of his ADP and performs was it a reach?

RB Jahvid Best(notes) has all but wrapped up the starting spot. He’s easily beaten out incumbent Kevin Smith(notes), who is coming back from knee surgery. Best only played one series on Saturday because of tightness in his legs. His body of work - a 51-yard run and a 10-yard reception that set up the first touchdown.

I may be wrong, but I don't think he was saying "hell no" to Best as a RB2, I think he was saying "hell no" to best as a RB1. I think his opinion on Best as a RB2 is that he "wouldn't be uncomfortable with him there".
Thanks frogpond, that is exactly what I was saying(Counting on/projecting Best as a #1 fantasy RB would be an insane gamble, imo, Best as a #2 is questionable, but not unreasonable, and Best as a #3 is ideal...as it is is for most rookie RB's(expected to compete for a starting spot) that come into the league with late 1st round/2nd/early 3rd round talent. Not sure why my whole post made you LOL(BillyBall), although I do not take this game too seriously, and whenever possible I try and keep things light and the conversation civil. Stafford has a long way to go just to reach slightly better than average NFL QB status, and defenses can still key on Calvin. Best may become the absolute focal point of the offense, ie catching 6-10 balls a game, and getting 15-20 carries, but I don't see him scoring more than 5 TD's, and I still question his durability. Ideally, imo, and this goes for all but a few NFL RB's, the Lions limit Best to 10-15 carries a game, and a few screens/WR routes during his first season. It should help build his confidence, and keep him healthy for the seasons when the Lions have a shot at a playoff spot.

Again, love him as a #3/#4 fantasy RB with upside, but wouldn't be too happy with him as my #2, and if for some reason or another he is my #1? Just shoot me! If Stafford can get that completion % above 55, ideally to around 60%, things may open up a bit for Best, but that is asking quite a bit out of a second year QB. Remember, QB's that burst onto the scene and perform like a stud from the get-go are the exception, I don't care if the QB was the #1 pick or the #200 pick in the draft. It's a steep learning curve, and Mr. Stafford will have to improve significantly for Mr. Best to put up the optimistic numbers some are suggesting...

With few exceptions, I see RB2 options as "questionable" almost across the board at ADP. There are a couple guys I think are reliable but I'm sure others would take issue even with those players.

Thanks frogpond, that is exactly what I was saying(Counting on/projecting Best as a #1 fantasy RB would be an insane gamble, imo, Best as a #2 is questionable, but not unreasonable, and Best as a #3 is ideal...as it is is for most rookie RB's(expected to compete for a starting spot) that come into the league with late 1st round/2nd/early 3rd round talent.

Not sure why my whole post made you LOL(BillyBall), although I do not take this game too seriously, and whenever possible I try and keep things light and the conversation civil. Stafford has a long way to go just to reach slightly better than average NFL QB status, and defenses can still key on Calvin. Best may become the absolute focal point of the offense, ie catching 6-10 balls a game, and getting 15-20 carries, but I don't see him scoring more than 5 TD's, and I still question his durability. Ideally, imo, and this goes for all but a few NFL RB's, the Lions limit Best to 10-15 carries a game, and a few screens/WR routes during his first season. It should help build his confidence, and keep him healthy for the seasons when the Lions have a shot at a playoff spot.

Again, love him as a #3/#4 fantasy RB with upside, but wouldn't be too happy with him as my #2, and if for some reason or another he is my #1? Just shoot me! If Stafford can get that completion % above 55, ideally to around 60%, things may open up a bit for Best, but that is asking quite a bit out of a second year QB. Remember, QB's that burst onto the scene and perform like a stud from the get-go are the exception, I don't care if the QB was the #1 pick or the #200 pick in the draft. It's a steep learning curve, and Mr. Stafford will have to improve significantly for Mr. Best to put up the optimistic numbers some are suggesting...
There will not be 12 RB's in the league who outscore Best. Right now I see him as a low #1 to high #2.

Thanks frogpond, that is exactly what I was saying(Counting on/projecting Best as a #1 fantasy RB would be an insane gamble, imo, Best as a #2 is questionable, but not unreasonable, and Best as a #3 is ideal...as it is is for most rookie RB's(expected to compete for a starting spot) that come into the league with late 1st round/2nd/early 3rd round talent.

Not sure why my whole post made you LOL(BillyBall), although I do not take this game too seriously, and whenever possible I try and keep things light and the conversation civil. Stafford has a long way to go just to reach slightly better than average NFL QB status, and defenses can still key on Calvin. Best may become the absolute focal point of the offense, ie catching 6-10 balls a game, and getting 15-20 carries, but I don't see him scoring more than 5 TD's, and I still question his durability. Ideally, imo, and this goes for all but a few NFL RB's, the Lions limit Best to 10-15 carries a game, and a few screens/WR routes during his first season. It should help build his confidence, and keep him healthy for the seasons when the Lions have a shot at a playoff spot.

There will not be 12 RB's in the league who outscore Best. Right now I see him as a low #1 to high #2.
That is why I love this game! Nobody knows at this point...I hope you're right, as Best can be an exciting athlete if he is healthy...but I see him finishing in the 20-30 range....time will tell!

Users who are viewing this thread