What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JALEN RICHARD - RB Oakland - Run don't walk !! (1 Viewer)

Richard is one of the most dynamic players on the team and you remove him from the gameplan, what should someone think...
tank away.  i'm pissed we won either game this year.  and dynamic, is a bit much.  he has 30 carries and 53 catches on the year.  he flashes at times, but disappoints more often.  he's no tarik cohen.  when you catch 9 balls, 5 behind the line of scrimmage, and get 55 yards, that's richard in a gruden game plan.  no thanks

tank away.  i'm pissed we won either game this year.  and dynamic, is a bit much.  he has 30 carries and 53 catches on the year.  he flashes at times, but disappoints more often.  he's no tarik cohen.  when you catch 9 balls, 5 behind the line of scrimmage, and get 55 yards, that's richard in a gruden game plan.  no thanks
come on. You know he is a solid third down back. The raiders are down early and often. In theory he should get the junk yards.  Grueden doesnt even want that.   1 carry?  They re tanking.  

come on. You know he is a solid third down back. The raiders are down early and often. In theory he should get the junk yards.  Grueden doesnt even want that.   1 carry?  They re tanking.  
i know they're tanking.  i pray for tankage  i bought richard stock across all of my ff portfolio, when he was a rookie.  i was at that NO game where he busted a 70 yarder!  such a great game    i have since sold all of it.  gruden is the X factor.  he sucks.  his game plans suck.  his halftime adjustments suck.

i know they're tanking.  i pray for tankage  i bought richard stock across all of my ff portfolio, when he was a rookie.  i was at that NO game where he busted a 70 yarder!  such a great game    i have since sold all of it.  gruden is the X factor.  he sucks.  his game plans suck.  his halftime adjustments suck.
what's that?

Crap.  Looks like its time to finally give up on him.

JALEN RICHARD RB, OAKLAND RAIDERS

Raiders assigned a second-round tender to restricted free agent Jalen Richard.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Mar 7, 2019, 7:48 AM

A 2nd round tender?  I’d say yes.
I don't think a 2nd was unexpected. Trying to read the tea leaves a bit, it seems to show that they like him quite a bit and want him to stay around. But also that they don't view him as the guy and want to get some good compensation if another team does think more highly of him as a full time back. 

I didn't see this as a horrible sign.  The Raiders are probably going to be playing from behind all year, and if they like Richard enough for a 2nd round tender then maybe he will get even more passing game dump off usage than last year.  With Cook gone he might get some of those dump off targets that were going to Cook. 

I think Richard does have the ceiling to get some run on early downs too.  He's not a tiny back, he has that short but stout MJD type of build and he's shown some real flashes and made some big time explosive plays in the past. 

kittenmittens said:
I didn't see this as a horrible sign.  The Raiders are probably going to be playing from behind all year, and if they like Richard enough for a 2nd round tender then maybe he will get even more passing game dump off usage than last year.  With Cook gone he might get some of those dump off targets that were going to Cook. 

I think Richard does have the ceiling to get some run on early downs too.  He's not a tiny back, he has that short but stout MJD type of build and he's shown some real flashes and made some big time explosive plays in the past. 
I tend to agree, but seems like Gruden is still stuck in the late '90s/early '00s and likes to liberally use the grinder type backs. 

Jalen Richard caught 4-of-4 targets for 43 yards in the Raiders' Week 10 win over the Chargers.

Richard "added" two carries for zero yards. With the offense in hurry-up mode, Richard was heavily involved on the Raiders' game-winning drive, catching three passes for 30 yards. He now has 99 receiving yards over his past two games but still hasn't shown enough to emerge as a FLEX option in PPR leagues.

Nov 8, 2019, 12:27 AM ET

Raiders Injury Update: Key Offensive Starter out, Josh Jacobs Questionable

Excerpt:

Are Jalen Richard or DeAndre Washington Worth a Fantasy Add?

In most fantasy football leagues, it’s playoff season. If you have Josh Jacobs on your roster, there’s no doubt he’s been one of your most productive players. He sure has picked an inconvenient time to be questionable, but not all will be lost if he doesn’t play. The Raiders are going to run the ball and it doesn’t matter who is in the backfield. DeAndre Washington will likely be the main fill-on for Jacobs. Jalen Richard has upside as a pass-catcher but doesn’t bring much to the running game.

Over these final stretch of games, adding Washington would be a good call. If the Raiders continue to lose, the team will almost certainly shut Jacobs down for the year. That means Washington will get a lot of looks. Trent Brown being out is concerning as he has been a big reason Jacobs has been successful. Regardless, Oakland relies heavily on its running backs as pass catchers and runners.

The Athletic's Tashan Reed reports Raiders RB Jalen Richard will be sidelined indefinitely with a foot injury.

Richard had just returned to the practice field after being placed on the COVID-19 list to open camp. Formerly the favorite to compete with Kenyan Drake on passing downs this year, Richard's absence will likely cement that role for Drake out of the gates in Week 1. The team also has UDFAs Trey Ragas and Garrett Groshek available behind Josh Jacobs and Drake following Theo Riddick's retirement.

SOURCE: Tashad Reed on Twitter

Aug 5, 2021, 12:22 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread