What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamal Khashoggi - Journalist Killed in Saudi Consulate (2 Viewers)

Come on, MBS said he didn't do it so Trump feels there is no reason to punish him or Saudi.  I mean how can you argue with this logic, he said he's innocent so he is.  Just like Trump said it's a witch hunt so it is.  Why can't you all understand this!!

CIA concludes MBS gave the order, Trump refuses to believe it, because MBS has told him he didn’t, like, 5 times. I’ll look for the link. He refuses to believe anything from the IC that gets in his way. 

Transcript of Wallace interview

WALLACE: A month ago you said you had spoken with Saudi crown prince Mohammed Bin Salman and that he had told you directly that he had no knowledge of this. 

TRUMP: That’s right, that’s right and still says that. 

WALLACE: But we now know that some of the people closest to him, some of his closest advisors were part of this. Question, did MBS lie to your sir? 

TRUMP: I don’t – I don’t know, you know who could really know but I can say this he’s got many people now that say he had no knowledge. 

WALLACE: What if the Crown Prince speaking to you, the President of the United States directly lied to you about-- 

TRUMP: Well, he told me that he had nothing to do with it, he told me that I would say maybe five times at different points. 

WALLACE: But what if he’s lying? 

TRUMP: As recently as a few days ago. 

WALLACE: Do you just live with it because you need him? 

TRUMP: Well, will anybody really know? All right, will anybody really know? But he did have certainly people that were reasonably close to him and close to him that were probably involved. You saw we put on very heavy sanctions, massive sanctions on a large group of people from Saudi Arabia. But at the same time we do have an ally and I want to stick with an ally that in many ways has been very good.

Pompeo handed Riyadh a plan to shield MBS from Khashoggi fallout, says source

I have no idea about the veracity of the source - but it makes sense....there really was no other need for the SOS to fly over to Saudi Arabia and Turkey over this...

Saudi Arabia's king and crown prince are shielding themselves from the Jamal Khashoggi murder scandal by using a roadmap drawn up by the US secretary of state, a senior Saudi source has told Middle East Eye.

Mike Pompeo delivered the plan in person during a meeting with Saudi King Salman and his son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, last month in Riyadh, said the source, who is familiar with Pompeo's talks with the Saudi leaders.

The plan includes an option to pin the Saudi journalist’s murder on an innocent member of the ruling al-Saud family in order to insulate those at the very top, the source told MEE.

That person has not yet been chosen, the source said, and Saudi leaders are reserving the use of that plan in case the pressure on bin Salman, also known as MBS, becomes too much.

“We would not be surprised if that happens,” the source told MEE.

The US State Department denied the Saudi source's allegations, and called them "a complete misrepresentation of the secretary’s diplomatic mission to Saudi Arabia".

"We’ve spoken publicly about our goals: to impress upon Saudi leadership the seriousness to which the United States government attaches to a prompt and complete accounting of the murder of Jamal Kashoggi,” State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert told MEE.

moleculo said:
Not surprising.  Trump doesn't trust intelligence in general - anyone following the Russia stuff knows this.
He's almost like he's anti-intelligence.   And I mean that in every way you can imagine.  

Does anyone think right now, if put on the spot, that Trump could correctly recite the National Anthem?  Not sing it, just say the words out loud and in order.  

Last edited by a moderator:
taking a step back it really is incredible and sad (although I guess not surprising) that Trump would side with a murdering autocrat because he's got money (and who knows the financial ties between SA and Trump/Kushner personally) over our own intelligence department because it doesn't fit with his narrative.  This guy is dangerous and the R's sit there and put their head in the sand.  You would think that the mid-terms would be a wake up call but they keep going down the drain with this turd.....

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia

America First!

The world is a very dangerous place!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq's fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, "Death to America!" and "Death to Israel!" Iran is considered "the world's leading sponsor of terror."

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries - and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder. After great independent research, we now know many details of this horrible crime. We have already sanctioned 17 Saudis known to have been involved in the murder of Mr. Khashoggi, and the disposal of his body

Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an "enemy of the state" and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn't! 

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world! 

I understand there are members of Congress who, for political or other reasons, would like to go in a different direction - and they are free to do so. I will consider whatever ideas are presented to me, but only if they are consistent with the absolute security and safety of America. After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world. As President of the United States I intend to ensure that, in a very dangerous world, America is pursuing its national interests and vigorously contesting countries that wish to do us harm. Very simply it is called America First!

Statement from President Donald J. Trump on Standing with Saudi Arabia

America First!

The world is a very dangerous place!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq's fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, "Death to America!" and "Death to Israel!" Iran is considered "the world's leading sponsor of terror."

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries - and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder. After great independent research, we now know many details of this horrible crime. We have already sanctioned 17 Saudis known to have been involved in the murder of Mr. Khashoggi, and the disposal of his body

Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an "enemy of the state" and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn't! 

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world! 

I understand there are members of Congress who, for political or other reasons, would like to go in a different direction - and they are free to do so. I will consider whatever ideas are presented to me, but only if they are consistent with the absolute security and safety of America. After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world. As President of the United States I intend to ensure that, in a very dangerous world, America is pursuing its national interests and vigorously contesting countries that wish to do us harm. Very simply it is called America First!
Jesus Christ.  This is disgraceful.

But at the same time, it's important that we keep things in perspective.  After all, some idiots spray-painted Tucker Carlson's driveway and banged on his door.  Jim Acosta gently pushed away the arm of an intern who reached for a microphone. And lest we forget, one time Sarah Sanders was politely asked to leave a restaurant.  The President of the United States sanctioning the state-approved murder and dismemberment of a US journalist, disseminating propaganda from that state disparaging the victim's character, and all but admitting he's  doing it for financial reasons is nothing compared to these lapses in civility.

I’m sure we’ll hear shortly from the usual sources of Corker and Flake and Paul Ryan being “gravely concerned” by this statement. “Greatly troubled”, “deeply regretful”. But of course nothing will be done. 

Here is the thing - Trump is not the first, nor will he be the last, president to give deferential treatment to Saudi Arabia.

But, he might be the first to be openly cuckolded.

We all knew this was the end result - but that does not mean you have to totally capitulate here.  You publicly talk a tough game, you slap a few sanctions on the Kingdom, etc.

I’m sure we’ll hear shortly from the usual sources of Corker and Flake and Paul Ryan being “gravely concerned” by this statement. “Greatly troubled”, “deeply regretful”. But of course nothing will be done. 
I just heard a Republican Congressman: President Trump’s statement is “very unfortunate.” 

I just heard a Republican Congressman: President Trump’s statement is “very unfortunate.” 
woah...that's nuts.  Maybe they'll follow with an "it's disturbing" or even a "I don't agree with the President"...haha, I know that's ridiculous and would never happen.....

Moral of the story....as long as you pay us you can do whatever you want....does anyone really think this guy didn't collude with Russia after this is being done in broad day light?   Money is his one and only "moral compass"...he has no values, no code....just a corrupt, awful person.

Oddly enough, weren't there reports recently that Mueller has been looking into interference connections outside of Russia, including Saudi Arabia?
Oh yeah.

Top Cheney Aide in Mueller’s Sights as Probe Expands

Nader and Zamel have both been questioned by the Special Counsel’s Office and are reportedly cooperating with its probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. Nader has been questioned about his ties to high-level officials in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, his relationship with Zamel, and his interactions with the Trump campaign. Mueller has questioned Zamel about his role pitching top campaign officials on an influence operation to help Trump win the election—which could have broken federal election laws.  

Mueller’s interest in Hannah’s communications and interactions with the two suggest the special counsel’s probe is broader than previously understood.

Pompeo speaking now: “It’s a mean nasty world out there. We have to look after American interests first!” 
it's really nauseating....SA is one of the mean nasty parts of this world as evidenced by the brutal murder of a journalist and then a month long cover up in coordination with the US but hey we sold them some guns so they can continue murdering Yemen's so all is good.

Imagine what our traditional allies think about this?  Our new allies are Russia and SA, two of the most corrupt brutal authoritarian countries on the planet but hey they have money that they'll funnel to Trump and his businesses!   

it's really nauseating....SA is one of the mean nasty parts of this world as evidenced by the brutal murder of a journalist and then a month long cover up in coordination with the US but hey we sold them some guns so they can continue murdering Yemen's so all is good.

Imagine what our traditional allies think about this?  Our new allies are Russia and SA, two of the most corrupt brutal authoritarian countries on the planet but hey they have money that they'll funnel to Trump and his businesses!   
Don’t forget the Philippines. And hey maybe North Korea if things go well...

I wanted to see how conservative sites were responding to the news but guess what? I can’t find it. It’s nowhere on Fox, it’s not on Free Republic, nowhere. 

ask the average Trumper where the majority of 9-11 hijackers came from, what do you think they'd say?

"9-11?  i never get my gas from there....good slurpees though"

No big deal, just cozying on up to the country that brought us 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers as well as their primary source of funding. 

I wanted to see how conservative sites were responding to the news but guess what? I can’t find it. It’s nowhere on Fox, it’s not on Free Republic, nowhere. 
Of course not. There should be a thread with a list of stories that the right wing "media" fails to report. 

Users who are viewing this thread