What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamal Lewis (1 Viewer)

Lewis should be rostered in all leagues with 10 or more teams.
that's what i thought, even though we only have 14 man rosters :confused:
He was a top-15 RB before his injury. There's little reason to think that he won't continue to be a RB2.
Bump for any latest news on Lewis. Just wondering if he's starting this week.
Last I heard was he didn't practice monday which is a bad sign but take that with a grain of salt.

He indicated it wasn't too bad prior to the MIA game, and expected to be back. Sorry, no link. I expect him to be back, until I hear otherwise, but I have no special info.

(Rotoworld) Jamal Lewis didn't practice Monday during a light Browns workout as the team returned from their bye week.

Impact: We can't draw too much from a Monday practice, but it's not a great sign that Lewis still isn't practicing fully. Jason Wright owners should watch Lewis' progress closely all week. Joe Jurevicius was limited during practice.

would love to have Jamal against the Rams. I am also a Henry owner and can't free up a spot for WRight because I have to hold onto Selvin young.

Last edited by a moderator:
The foo said:
loose circuits said:
would love to have Henry against the Rams. I am also a Henry owner and can't free up a spot for WRight because I have to hold onto Selvin young.
thanks
Do any homers have any updates on this. Would be good to know if I have to handcuff Lewis with Wright before midnight. Not that my season depends on Cleveland's run game or anything.

Lewis should be rostered in all leagues with 10 or more teams.
that's what i thought, even though we only have 14 man rosters :thumbup:
He was a top-15 RB before his injury. There's little reason to think that he won't continue to be a RB2.
His stats/ranking are pretty skewed thanks to the one monster game vs Cinci.Week 1: 46yds

Week 2: 216yds 1 TD

Week 3: 78 yds

Week 4: 64 yds 1 TD

Week 5: 11 yds (then injury)

So... he has more production in 1 game than he does the rest of the season. I'm a owner and holding onto him because of this great playoff sched and the chance that he can have another monster game.

Week 14: Jets

Week 15: Bills

Week 16: Cinci!

He is worth stashing away on your bench for this matchup alone.

loose circuits said:
would love to have Jamal against the Rams. I am also a Henry owner and can't free up a spot for WRight because I have to hold onto Selvin young.
I have to laugh at all you Selvin Young owners desperately clinging to a guy that has no value.

per sportsline

Jamal Lewis, RB CLE

News: According to the Beacon Journal, Browns RB Jamal Lewis (strained right foot) sat out practice Monday. Coach Romeo Crennel said Lewis would be limited Wednesday.

Analysis: This is not good news for Lewis, who was out Week 6 against Miami prior to the Browns bye week. If Lewis is able to play Week 8 against St. Louis, he would have a favorable matchup, but continue to monitor his status before setting your lineup. Jason Wright would start against the Rams if Lewis it out.

loose circuits said:
I have to laugh at all you Selvin Young owners desperately clinging to a guy that has no value.
No value?Henry's season is over in a few weeks, someone is going to run the ball in Denver. Maybe Young doesn't get the job, but if you got him, and he does, well it works out. Who do you suggest a 14 team 18 man roster carry? No value is a pretty stupid statement considering you don't know everyones roster sizes, WW rules, ect..

per sportslineJamal Lewis, RB CLENews: According to the Beacon Journal, Browns RB Jamal Lewis (strained right foot) sat out practice Monday. Coach Romeo Crennel said Lewis would be limited Wednesday.Analysis: This is not good news for Lewis, who was out Week 6 against Miami prior to the Browns bye week. If Lewis is able to play Week 8 against St. Louis, he would have a favorable matchup, but continue to monitor his status before setting your lineup. Jason Wright would start against the Rams if Lewis it out.
I think he has a touch of Lis franc

per sportslineJamal Lewis, RB CLENews: According to the Beacon Journal, Browns RB Jamal Lewis (strained right foot) sat out practice Monday. Coach Romeo Crennel said Lewis would be limited Wednesday.Analysis: This is not good news for Lewis, who was out Week 6 against Miami prior to the Browns bye week. If Lewis is able to play Week 8 against St. Louis, he would have a favorable matchup, but continue to monitor his status before setting your lineup. Jason Wright would start against the Rams if Lewis it out.
I think he has a touch of Lis franc
I'm beginning to think you may be wright.... :popcorn:

Hey guys! :goodposting:

Wright or Harrison if Jamal doesn't play? I thought the guy to get would be Wright, but I've also heard some good things regarding Harrison. Also, Harrison accumulated the same amount of yards on 1/3 of the carries a couple weeks ago.

Hey guys! :excited:Wright or Harrison if Jamal doesn't play? I thought the guy to get would be Wright, but I've also heard some good things regarding Harrison. Also, Harrison accumulated the same amount of yards on 1/3 of the carries a couple weeks ago.
If i had to choose I would go with Wright. Im hoping jamal is out one more week.

Ive watched Wright play since Lewis went down. Wright looks to have the build and the vision of an evey down back. I dont think he is an allstar, but he reminds me a lot of Rudi Johnson. Also, he seems to be hungy in that he wants to prove himself to be a starting RB in the league, not simply happy with his playing time. I would also say that Harrison had to have the initial run at Lewis's backup since he played well last year. Since it seems Wright has beat him out, he has lost his footing.

And yes, since I believe this information to be an accurate representation of Wright, I targetted him in all 10 of my leagues.

Ive watched Wright play since Lewis went down. Wright looks to have the build and the vision of an evey down back. I dont think he is an allstar, but he reminds me a lot of Rudi Johnson. Also, he seems to be hungy in that he wants to prove himself to be a starting RB in the league, not simply happy with his playing time. I would also say that Harrison had to have the initial run at Lewis's backup since he played well last year. Since it seems Wright has beat him out, he has lost his footing.And yes, since I believe this information to be an accurate representation of Wright, I targetted him in all 10 of my leagues.
I like this take. I watched the game and Wright does remind me of Rudi. He's not a guy that will light it up, but, he had power and was effective. Harrison was more explosive, but, he just didn't look like a guy that would be a full time RB to me. A change of pace guy. Granted, he definitely had some of the more exciting plays in that game.

Wright looks like a career backup to me. Nothing about him stands out and I could never see a franchise handing the reigns to him. Harrison looked better running inside and outside than Wright and far far more explosive. You were left wondering how the hell the guy had been inactive the 1st 5-6 games of the regular season. To keep him off the field, either a) he's got some major issue either holding onto the ball or blocking (none apparent vs. Phins) or b) Romeo's just an idiot.

If Lewis was out any more time, I'd expect more of a split between Wright/Harrison if anything. Harrison I think opened a few eyes. I was very impressed. I thought the knock on him was running between the tackles. I saw zero issues of this vs. the Phins. He let things develop, found the hole and hit the hole hard.

Just read on Sportsline (i know, but it's info) that he is practicing today but will be limited. They want to see how it feels to see if he can play this weekend

Wright looks like a career backup to me. Nothing about him stands out and I could never see a franchise handing the reigns to him. Harrison looked better running inside and outside than Wright and far far more explosive. You were left wondering how the hell the guy had been inactive the 1st 5-6 games of the regular season. To keep him off the field, either a) he's got some major issue either holding onto the ball or blocking (none apparent vs. Phins) or b) Romeo's just an idiot.If Lewis was out any more time, I'd expect more of a split between Wright/Harrison if anything. Harrison I think opened a few eyes. I was very impressed. I thought the knock on him was running between the tackles. I saw zero issues of this vs. the Phins. He let things develop, found the hole and hit the hole hard.
Have you ever watched Rudi Johnson play? Maybe Julius Jones? How about Ruben Droughans, Chester Taylor, and Jesse Chatman?

Wright looks like a career backup to me. Nothing about him stands out and I could never see a franchise handing the reigns to him. Harrison looked better running inside and outside than Wright and far far more explosive. You were left wondering how the hell the guy had been inactive the 1st 5-6 games of the regular season. To keep him off the field, either a) he's got some major issue either holding onto the ball or blocking (none apparent vs. Phins) or b) Romeo's just an idiot.If Lewis was out any more time, I'd expect more of a split between Wright/Harrison if anything. Harrison I think opened a few eyes. I was very impressed. I thought the knock on him was running between the tackles. I saw zero issues of this vs. the Phins. He let things develop, found the hole and hit the hole hard.
Have you ever watched Rudi Johnson play? Maybe Julius Jones? How about Ruben Droughans, Chester Taylor, and Jesse Chatman?
And they have to do with Jason Wright how???/? This is topic is about Jason Wright. No one cares to hear about Jones/Johnson/Droughns. And please avoid the history lesson about the others. No one here really cares.TIA

And they have to do with Jason Wright how???/? This is topic is about Jason Wright. No one cares to hear about Jones/Johnson/Droughns. And please avoid the history lesson about the others. No one here really cares.TIA
Hmm. I thought this topic was about Jamal Lewis? I think he was eluding to the fact that all those guys were or are career backups....you started your post saying Wright is a career backup. It's funny how when someone's third string player isn't getting playing time the coach is automatically an idiot.

You said Wright looks like a career backup. I have listed a number of RBs I think Wright runs similar too. Thanks for following along.

Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...2608&spln=1

Jamal Lewis (foot) was limited in practice Wednesday.

His status for Week 8 against St. Louis remains uncertain. Coach Romeo Crennel only would say that if Lewis is ready, he'll play. If not, Jason Wright will likely get the start and form a rotation with Jerome Harrison. It appears Lewis could come down to a game-time decision this weekend. Oct. 24 - 4:26 pm et

limited would insinuate that he did practice though. it seems from something i read that it was intended lewis would not go full out today (wed) so the fact he was limited might have been a coaching decision, not necessarily a pain-related decision.

Crennel said he would be limited before practice. They wanted to see how it felt and obviously how it feels tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if he practices fully tomorrow.

His schedule down the stretch is looking pretty tasty!

I'm working a trade for him right now. I give Fitz and Heap for Jlew and Holt!

Here's to drinking the kool-aid~

ckalltheway said:
Bizzump. Any Friday news?
Per Rotoworld -Jamal Lewis (foot) was limited in practice for the third consecutive day Friday. He will be a game-day decision against St. Louis.The Browns were optimistic about Lewis returning after their Week 7 bye, but have listed him as questionable. Lewis himself now says he doesn't know if he'll play, which is never a good sign coming from a player. Jason Wright appears likely to start in a highly favorable matchup. Jerome Harrison would also be in line for presumably 10-15 touches if Lewis is made inactive.

Of course my roster was due 45 mins ago and I played Lewis and sat Wright. What the hell happened with "I feel really good. I could have played last week"????

:rolleyes:

ckalltheway said:
Bizzump. Any Friday news?
Per Rotoworld -Jamal Lewis (foot) was limited in practice for the third consecutive day Friday. He will be a game-day decision against St. Louis.The Browns were optimistic about Lewis returning after their Week 7 bye, but have listed him as questionable. Lewis himself now says he doesn't know if he'll play, which is never a good sign coming from a player. Jason Wright appears likely to start in a highly favorable matchup. Jerome Harrison would also be in line for presumably 10-15 touches if Lewis is made inactive.
:rolleyes:

please be out. just this week.

If he is out, does this look like a more serious injury than we've been led to believe?

Users who are viewing this thread