What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamal Lewis (1 Viewer)

please be out. just this week. If he is out, does this look like a more serious injury than we've been led to believe?
well as someone who dropped wright and kept rhodes, i am not happy..but looking at it subjectively, i would say that with a few more weeks, at most, lewis will play again...

So would Wright or Harrison see the bulk of the work if J Lew is out? Harrison looked pretty good last week against MIA.

Interesting development. I thought Lewis was getting better with the time off. I have to cut either Wright or D. Williams for a kicker yet and am unsure what to do. I wonder if Harrison will get more carries this week, but I think either one may be decent this week if Lewis is out. Harrison probably only in PPR though I would think...

Some report I read said Lewis had mentioned to reporters he was iffy to play. Anyone have the quotes- exactly what he said?

KingEl said:
Some report I read said Lewis had mentioned to reporters he was iffy to play. Anyone have the quotes- exactly what he said?
You're the one who read the report, why don't you tell us??

Lewis Update

Lewis not sure he will paly. GM Savage raves on Jamal, stating the Browns need a big back presence that Jamal brings. On Harrison, Savage seems to like what he saw v. the Dolphins, they would like to get him more time but are challenged at getting to the 45 man roster. He did qualify that by saying that mistakes like fumbles could limit Harrison's time. I take Savage's comments as being that he was pleasantly surprised of Harrison's play and would be happy to get him some more touches if possible.

Harrison raved over Lewis' off-season work out plan, saying that is a reason for his (Harrison's) improved play.

My take: If Savage is sincere re: desire to have a RB of size to kind of pound the ball- then in the absence of Lewis, I would think he turns more to Wright, who is a bit (not much) bigger than Harrison. While Harrison looked good v. the Dolphins...the Dolphins are not worldbeaters on defense.

Without Lewis, the Browns RB carries are looking to me 70% to Wright and 30% to Harrison.

My take: If Savage is sincere re: desire to have a RB of size to kind of pound the ball- then in the absence of Lewis, I would think he turns more to Wright, who is a bit (not much) bigger than Harrison. While Harrison looked good v. the Dolphins...the Dolphins are not worldbeaters on defense.
GM doesn't decide WDIS decisions, coach does

I think that is a pretty obvious statement on your part. But I won't discount the influence that the GM has on Crennel.

So do we know yet what exactly Lewis has said about his status this week? The reports I have seen just say "Lewis not sure he will play" but I haven't seen any quotes to back this up. I just think it would be helpful to find out exactly what Lewis is saying.

So do we know yet what exactly Lewis has said about his status this week? The reports I have seen just say "Lewis not sure he will play" but I haven't seen any quotes to back this up. I just think it would be helpful to find out exactly what Lewis is saying.
He said something to the effect of he'll see how he feels in the morning and that it's up to the coaches.From Cleveland Plain Dealer "I'll know more on Sunday morning," he said. "Of course, I want to, but let's see how the foot feels. I'll just play it by ear. I'll wake up on Sunday, and it might be killing me. I'll wake up on Sunday, and it might feel great. We'll see how it goes."Lewis was limited in practice all week and is listed as questionable. However, he did participate in the walkthrough at the beginning of Friday's practice that was open to the public, with his ankle heavily taped."I've only been able to do a little bit," he said."It's up to the coaches whether or not I play."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!! That helps!! My guess is he gives it a try. My worry though is how limited he is. If's he's active AND starting- I will have to go with him as I've got the bye week blues....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread