What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamarcus Russell (1 Viewer)

Alluro

Footballguy
As a JaMarcus Russell dynasty owner, i'm not sure whether I should be overly concerned or chalk up his miscues as part of the developing QB rationale. I realize he has no WRs, and he plays for a terrible organization, but still...how long do you wait before declaring the guy a bust?

For those of you that saw the game, was he as bad as the numbers indicate or were receivers dropping passes/not getting open? and how high are you on his long term outlook?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez. The Raiders run first, second and third. HE played well his 1st game when he was called on. I didn't see all of this last game but I think it's a bit early to call someone with his physical tools a bust. He is an incredible athlete but has never had the sharpest head for the game. It will take him a while to develop but there is no way I would consider cutting him until next season.

As a JaMarcus Russell dynasty owner, i'm not sure whether I should be overly concerned or chalk up his miscues as part of the developing QB rationale. I realize he has no WRs, and he plays for a terrible organization, but still...how long do you wait before declaring the guy a bust?For those of you that saw the game, was he as bad as the numbers indicate or were receivers dropping passes/not getting open? and how high are you on his long term outlook?
You should only be scared if you don't have another QB.He can't throw

The OP was talking about dynasty. I'm on board, and trying to trade for him right now. Curry has had at least 5 passes bounce off of him and a couple of those were on 3rd down. If J.Walker returns to form, he'd be 100 Xs better than anything the Raiders have at WR right now. The running game is gaining respect, and that can only allow Russell more time in the pocket. He's not making bad decisions very often, and his accuracy is not top-notch but it's better than most other big-armed QBs. He'll stick around in the league, and you know that as long as Al Davis is alive, he'll want to bring back the "vertical passing game." Cable is making big improvements in the O-line, and things can only go UP for this offense. If the defense will only look good twice a year - when they play the Chiefs - Russell should have lots of opportunity to post stats (see excessive garbage time).

I week 1 in mny dynasty league he outscore Favre, Warner, and Eli. That's not bad. I still beleive that dude is going to be a stud, but it's going to take a while and a lot of mistakes.

No. You should buy low because once he gains some experience and the Raiders draft Maclin, Heyward-Bey, or Crabtree in '09, and then get another great WR off the free-agent heap ala Randy Moss (imagine if they still had Moss with J-Russ' cannon), then JaMarcus will be just what we all expected.........a super QB.

I week 1 in mny dynasty league he outscore Favre, Warner, and Eli. That's not bad. I still beleive that dude is going to be a stud, but it's going to take a while and a lot of mistakes.
He's the perfect kind of dynasty QB to roster behind say P.Manning, or Hass. Not the guy you want to count on this year, or next, but you can add a Henne or Kolb at the end of your bench for nothing and Russell for next to nothing (as far as overall #1 picks go excluding Alex Smith) as two very good options for the distant future. I don't think I'd be comfortable w/ him as a #2 to guys like Warner or Favre who's retirement is imminent, but if you count this as a rookie year, next as an improvement year and 2010 as the becoming polished year, you could be set up very well. Meanwhile, he can fill in on bye weeks adequately, but you have to roster him w/ future expectations and be able to hold him as a #2 or 3 for a couple years. I'd gladly have him over Campbell, O'Sullivan, T.Jackson, M.Ryan, D.Anderson, J.Flacco, Croyle, any TB or Ten QB, and that's just off the top of my head.

As a JaMarcus Russell dynasty owner, i'm not sure whether I should be overly concerned or chalk up his miscues as part of the developing QB rationale. I realize he has no WRs, and he plays for a terrible organization, but still...how long do you wait before declaring the guy a bust?

For those of you that saw the game, was he as bad as the numbers indicate or were receivers dropping passes/not getting open? and how high are you on his long term outlook?
You should only be scared if you don't have another QB.

He can't throw
He has a few obstacles to overcome before he's a star, to be sure. But this isn't one of them.

As a JaMarcus Russell dynasty owner, i'm not sure whether I should be overly concerned or chalk up his miscues as part of the developing QB rationale. I realize he has no WRs, and he plays for a terrible organization, but still...how long do you wait before declaring the guy a bust?For those of you that saw the game, was he as bad as the numbers indicate or were receivers dropping passes/not getting open? and how high are you on his long term outlook?
I think you wait longer than 3 NFL starts...MAYBE after 43 we can revisit.

Users who are viewing this thread