What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

James Darling (1 Viewer)

PhillyStars

Footballguy
He is not shown on any injury report and stills shows as starting MLB on depth charts but he hasn't played in a couple of weeks and I haven't seen any news ...Arizona Homers ..... need some help :confused:

link:

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/s...ardsnb0930.html

Linebacker Darling off injured list

Odeen Domingo

The Arizona Republic

Sept. 30, 2005 12:00 AM

Middle linebacker James Darling is back from a right knee bruise suffered during the first game of the season.

Darling, who started the season for the injured Gerald Hayes, practiced for the first time in two weeks and will start against the 49ers on Sunday at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.

"We had people out there playing hurt already," Darling said. "You see their heart that they were playing with. It (my knee) just wasn't ready to go. I wish it was. I wish I could have been out there, but it wasn't ready. This week I'm healthy, and I'm looking forward to it."

advertisement

Darling is the only player to come off last week's injury list. Eight others went on this week's list, including starting cornerbacks Antrel Rolle and David Macklin.

The injuries forced the Cardinals to re-sign ninth-year veteran cornerback Robert Tate to bolster their roster at cornerback.

To make room for Tate, and because Darling is healthy, the team released middle linebacker Lester Towns. Towns started the past two games, collecting nine total tackles.

49ers also depleted

The 49ers have six starters on their injury list.

The biggest hit was defensive back Mike Rumph. Rumph, who played safety the first three games and was moving back to cornerback, suffered a major foot injury during Wednesday's practice and was placed on injured reserve.

Fellow cornerback Ahmed Plummer is out 2-6 weeks with an ankle injury.

The rest of the injured players are questionable for Sunday's game. Wide receiver Arnaz Battle, who leads the team with 15 catches, and center Jeremy Newberry have knee injuries. Star linebacker Julian Peterson has a strained hamstring but said he should be healthy enough to play.

If offensive tackle Jonas Jennings, who has a shoulder injury, can't play, former Cardinals player Anthony Clement will take his place.

September 30, 2005 11:21 AM ET Cardinals: Darling returns to practice The NewsCardinals linebacker James Darling returned to practice on Thursday for the first time since he suffered a knee bruise in week one. The Arizona Republic reports that Darling will start on Sunday against the 49ers. Our ViewDarling's return is big for the Cardinals, as he is filling in for injured starter Gerald Hayes. Outside linebacker Orlando Huff filled in as the starter in the middle over the last two weeks and the team was forced to start rookie Darryl Blackstock at Huff's usual outside spot.

Users who are viewing this thread