What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jarrett Dillard placed on injured reserve (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
I have been on the Mike Thomas bandwagon and Dillards unfortunate turn of events means Thomas will get a long leash this year, but the Jags appear woefully undermanned. I wonder why they haven't been more aggressive on the Vincent Jackson front, I don't see any other solutions out there for them.

I have been on the Mike Thomas bandwagon and Dillards unfortunate turn of events means Thomas will get a long leash this year, but the Jags appear woefully undermanned. I wonder why they haven't been more aggressive on the Vincent Jackson front, I don't see any other solutions out there for them.
We dont need him we just signed John Matthews, plus its not like MSW is injury prone. :lmao:

Yes, they are woefully thin at WR. But, this team is not one good receiver away from contending for even a division title. They have so many holes that need to be filled and I don't see Gene Smith trading away the draft picks that would be required to secure Vincent Jackson.

It seemed like many rosters were either heavy or shy of wide receivers this year. Teams rolling with 6 when usually they keep 4 or 5, not to mention the practice squads.

I think that's week 1 posturing as the Jags and Rams and a few more need WRs. I little moreso than in recent years, teams kept good players that in the past would have been in a roster crunch. I don't think the pre-week 1 WW was as good as usually in the NFL.

I still think it's coming though. I imagine injuries and depth concerns that show up in week 1 will force some of these teams to cut WRs or trade them for less than they were asking.

I think Ugoh and Grove can still play in this league but IIRC if teams wait a week then it's a whole new ball of wax regarding their contracts.

All in all, a new player would probably not know the plays and be able to contribute too much in week 1. Week 1 offers the rare opportunity that the backups have received tons of reps, know the plays, and are very well conditioned.

There's just no reason to jump quickly here.

Users who are viewing this thread