What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeopardy Baby, Ooooh-ooh-oooooh (2 Viewers)

Feel a bit for bad him now as I found his Twitter account, and he apparently searched himself on there and found some tweets comparing his haircut and mustache look to, uh, Hitler, which he obviously did not like.

(At least I just posted about his suit and tie.)

Feel a bit for bad him now as I found his Twitter account, and he apparently searched himself on there and found some tweets comparing his haircut and mustache look to, uh, Hitler, which he obviously did not like.

(At least I just posted about his suit and tie.)
He had a mustache? And that's just ridiculous. People are idiots.

Even in a run away there can be bad final wagering. Scores were like 23,000-10,000-400 Guy in second must have done his math wrong. He bet 9201, so with his wrong answer he ended at 799. Luckily the lady at the end also got it wrong or he would have been in third.

3-day Champ couldn't travel for taping today

he'll be back May 15th per his Twitter account
How do they handle that, 2 returning champs at the same time? Who gets to sit in the champs chair?

IKR? We were wondering how that will be handled.

TheJeopardyFan.com says it's happened three other times in the modern J! era. Last time was Season 37.

The reigning champ for the May 15 taping will be considered the returning champ; Ben will slide to the middle. In the linked game it was a 7x champ vs a 4x champ. Zach Newkirk, who finished Season 36 in mid-June as Champion, returned 7 months later. He won his return game plus one more to become a 6x champ.

FWIW, the local affiliate says Ben's absence was due to "an untimely illness" with no further details.

Was a boring ho hum game today until the DDs popped up and made it an excellent two horse race. Then all 3 of them botched their bets in the triple stumper Final Jeopardy.

Scores:
returning champ Deb $18,800
Devin $20,600
Ben $4,400

Deb: Should bet between $3,601 (thereby staying above Devin’s low range) and $9,999 (thereby keeping Ben locked out).
Actual bet: $18,800, finishes with zero

Devin: Standard cover bet over Deb is $17,001.
Actual bet: $19,400, wins with $1200

Ben: Limit your bet to $799; this way, you stay ahead of Devin if he gets Final incorrect.
Actual bet: $4,399, finishes with $1

I wanted to throw things.

Last edited:
Was a boring ho hum game today until the DDs popped up and made it an excellent two horse race. Then all 3 of them botched their bets in the triple stumper Final Jeopardy.

Scores:
returning champ Deb $18,800
Devin $20,600
Ben $4,400)

Deb: Bet between $3,601 (thereby staying above Devin’s low range) and $9,999 (thereby keeping Ben locked out). (Actual bet: $18,800, finishes with zero)

Devin: Standard cover bet over Deb is $17,001.(Actual bet: $19,400, wins with $1200)

Ben: Limit your bet to $799; this way, you stay ahead of Devin if he gets Final incorrect. (Actual bet: $4,399, finishes with $1)

I wanted to throw things.
Cliff Clavin lives. I practically had a stroke. Do none of these people ever watch the show?

I don’t understand how your mind can simultaneously be a repository for massive amounts of information across broad spectrums, yet somehow breaks down when asked to do 5th grade level computations mixed with 9th grade level gane theory / strategy.

I don’t understand how your mind can simultaneously be a repository for massive amounts of information across broad spectrums, yet somehow breaks down when asked to do 5th grade level computations mixed with 9th grade level gane theory / strategy.
Yes, this is one of life's true mysteries that I seem to mention frequently among fellow Jeopardy fans!

Last edited:
Ben: Limit your bet to $799; this way, you stay ahead of Devin if he gets Final incorrect.
Actual bet: $4,399, finishes with $1
This one was the worst. Even if you know nothing about optimal betting strategy, the most basic betting decision is "if the other two are far ahead of you but very close to each other, bet nothing because chances are both will make big bets and you can win if they are both wrong."

Some people are highly, highly advanced at a few specific things and completely hopeless at everything else. I think quite a few of these people end up on Jeopardy.

Yeah that was pretty abysmal. Too bad the "winner" didn't walk away with even less.
Since Mayim's fashion choices get harshed on in here sometimes, from an equal opportunity perspective, what the hell was that sweater that Mr. $1200 Winner wore in his second game?
I have no idea. I have the feeling that the neck is normally turned twice,but it muffled his voice, so they made him turn it three times. Even the Gorton's Fisherman doesn't look that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread