What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill, RB (LVR) (1 Viewer)

We'll find out about Michel soon.  His procedure/surgery was widely reported on August 4th.  Tomorrow will be 10 days.   :coffee:

This does have some ‘feels’ to it.  Michel was struggling prior to the procedure and Burkhead versatile as he may be, has 215 career touches in 5 seasons.

With Michel, I think it’s more about pro game adaptation, playbook acing and pass-pro before anything else.  If any of those areas are weak, I can see him being redshirted.

Intriguing

When I heard of the news that Sony would need a procedure done on his knee my mind immediately went back to Trent Richardson's rookie season when he needed to have a clean-up procedure done on his left knee on Aug. 9th and was ready for the start of the regular season. I only remember because I ended up drafting him in a couple spots that year. The situations seem comparable although everyone heals differently and NE's offense is probably more complex than whatever CLE trotted out in 2012. I do think it's safe to assume he starts off slow though. 
I believe it's been reported that Sony suffers from a bone-on-bone issue which means he could already be on some advanced treatment plan that actually has a side effect of swelling

IF another player suffered a knee injury that included rapid swelling with actual blood being drained it would mean there was damage present  (maybe 90-day rehab?)  Personally, I think they're just draining the knee and shooting it up w cortisone and/or steroids in which case he could suit up tomorrow  Ten days may be precautionary at best meaning I don't believe anything is actually healed per say

There maybe should be concern about another future incidence of swelling ie. Could he be shut down?

We'll find out about Michel soon.  His procedure/surgery was widely reported on August 4th.  Tomorrow will be 10 days.   :coffee:
Here we are on August 21st ... still no Michel.  Burkhead has returned to practice, but I still think it's unlikely he'll be the workhorse by himself, and he has a very lengthy injury history to boot.  

I think there's a role for Hill here.  Whether he does anything with the opportunity ... debatable.

Here we are on August 21st ... still no Michel.  Burkhead has returned to practice, but I still think it's unlikely he'll be the workhorse by himself, and he has a very lengthy injury history to boot.  

I think there's a role for Hill here.  Whether he does anything with the opportunity ... debatable.
I'm thinking more and more on this. I really don't trust Michel to be a major factor this year and I've heard and seen to much about Burkheads knee being a problem all year. Might be a sneaky late round play. I just have not seen or heard anything regarding Hill so just not sure what to make of him.

Jeremy Hill Feeling Spry as a Rookie in Patriots’ Running Back Corps

I’ve often wondered what happened to rookie year Jeremy Hill. The guy was a very coveted asset entering his second season and never made it back to that rookie year level. Maybe he got too big. Maybe he was hurt. Maybe some of both. It seems as if both things have been addressed this year. He’s just 25, on a 1-year prove-it deal, and staring opportunity in the face on a powerful offense. 

Will he ever get back to that rookie year pinnacle?  Probably not, but he won’t have to get all the way there to be useful in fantasy. 

Hill bottomed out in 2017, carrying the ball just 37 times for 116 yards with no touchdowns in seven games before hitting injured reserve. That led Hill to sign a one-year, $1.5 million prove-it deal with the Patriots this offseason.

And now, thanks to dropping 10 pounds and having bone spurs removed from his ankles, he’s feeling like a rookie again.

“Both have been essential to my play this year,” Hill said Tuesday. “I think the weight’s been amazing. Just health-wise, I feel so much better. And also the bone spurs, that’s something I had to deal with for like two years, so getting those removed definitely helped everything. My body feels great. It’s probably the best I’ve felt since probably my rookie year.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is a great end-of-bench guy (especially in Dynasty)...Michel has his injury issue, Burkhead has durability issues and James White really doesn't effect Hill because their roles would be totally different...so far he has looked good in camp/preseason and I feel that if he does make the team he will have a role and it would probably be the short-yardage/goal-line guy which could get sneaky numbers in this offense...if Michel or Burkhead are banged up that role would probably grow...from a Dynasty perspective he is only 25 and if he can regain some of his rookie magic and be productive he could find himself with an even bigger opportunity next year on another team...I think you could find far worst options than Hill for one of your last couple of roster spots...

Last edited by a moderator:
With the latest news by Patriots' roster trimming, Mike Gillislee has been waived.   However, they haven't mention any decision regarding Hill.  If Patriots do decide to retain Hill as part of RBBC (undoubtedly driving countless FF owners bonker), what's his potential?  Are they going to use him similarly as LeGarrette Blount?  

With the latest news by Patriots' roster trimming, Mike Gillislee has been waived.   However, they haven't mention any decision regarding Hill.  If Patriots do decide to retain Hill as part of RBBC (undoubtedly driving countless FF owners bonker), what's his potential?  Are they going to use him similarly as LeGarrette Blount?  
Looks like they cut Gillislee AND Bolden, which was a bit of a surprise since Bolden is a big special teamer.

I would say there is a decent chance Bolden signs after Week 1 whenwe would only be paid week to week as opposed to having his contract fully guaranteed if he was on the initial season roster. They did that last year. 
Bolden signed with MIA, so so much for that theory.

Bolden signed with MIA, so so much for that theory.
Bolden is an excellent special teamer and a quality addition.  In Belichickian fashion, however, perhaps Miami is adding Bolden at least partially for the purpose of gaining information about New England's playbook

Bolden is an excellent special teamer and a quality addition.  In Belichickian fashion, however, perhaps Miami is adding Bolden at least partially for the purpose of gaining information about New England's playbook
Bolden would deliberately feed them lies.  #darklordloyalty

I can't help feeling that Hill is being completely overlooked and could end up being one of the waiver darlings next week.  Reading between the lines both Burkhead and Michel sound like they will be slowly eased back into play and with Edelman out I could see White lining up at receiver more than normal.  The Pats are ultimately going to do their normal RB rotation but I think Hill is going to have a good opportunity carve out a role early.

I can't help feeling that Hill is being completely overlooked and could end up being one of the waiver darlings next week.  Reading between the lines both Burkhead and Michel sound like they will be slowly eased back into play and with Edelman out I could see White lining up at receiver more than normal.  The Pats are ultimately going to do their normal RB rotation but I think Hill is going to have a good opportunity carve out a role early.
Belichick seems to like what the guy brings to the table.  He's the only RB also that brings the Dillon/Ridley/Blount element to the table.  Feels like he's being slept on for sure.  At the same time, Hill does have a tendency to disappoint.

I took him with my last pick just like I took Blount with my last pick two years ago.  I'm not as optimistic about Hill,  but you never know. 

Belichick seems to like what the guy brings to the table.  He's the only RB also that brings the Dillon/Ridley/Blount element to the table.  Feels like he's being slept on for sure.  At the same time, Hill does have a tendency to disappoint.
I'm not to bummed if my 20th pick disappoints.

We'll see how much of that disappointment was related to the Cincy line and play calling.

With Bell mostly likely not playing, I'm desperate and it's either Hill, Ivory, or Gore to fill a need. Ingram out for now.

Hill with a prayer and hope is about it. James White might see a tad more action in this game. Burkhead says he's ready to go... It's Belichick being himself. Could be crazy enough to spring Hill for a couple TD's and a couple decent runs?

Hill will be a dart throw all year which is typical for Belichick.  If your team is an underdog and you need a dice throw he is worth a shot.  Could go 3 carries for 7 yards and nothing.  Could get 100 all purpose yards and 2 TDs.  All depends on what BB has up his sleeve.

-QG

I've had the same feeling for 2 weeks. Then I remember that if I pick up Hill and start him he will get 3 touches. But if I leave him on the wire he will score twice.

I've been through this before with NE rbs.

I drafted White twice but he's on my benches this week. That enough for me

I've had the same feeling for 2 weeks. Then I remember that if I pick up Hill and start him he will get 3 touches. But if I leave him on the wire he will score twice.

I've been through this before with NE rbs.

I drafted White twice but he's on my benches this week. That enough for me
Can you leave him on the wire for the greater good?

I love that he's going to get goalline carries setup by Tom Brady.

He doesn't even have to be good. He just needs to be a 3 yard hammer.  :lol:

You should absolutely pick him up now.  Not that he will work out but what other waiver wire player has the potential for 12 TDs.  Even if he is a headache in that offense, deal him.

Following in the foot steps of Corey Dillon.

does anyone really believe Rex Burkhead can and will do anything without getting hurt -again and again and again and again..sheeeeesh this guy is made of glass..

Hill has a chance to be a great pickup for fantasy teams if he wasn't already drafted..

Burkhead.. :lmao:  oh whats that you say? he's ALREADY hurt?! 

classic.

Users who are viewing this thread