What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Maclin (1 Viewer)

If you are in a dynasty league and not competing are you trying to move him? It seems like he is a very good sell high. It is a small sample size, but the number 1 receiver for Chip Kelly seems to dominate and there is no extentsion yet.

If you are in a dynasty league and not competing are you trying to move him? It seems like he is a very good sell high. It is a small sample size, but the number 1 receiver for Chip Kelly seems to dominate and there is no extentsion yet.
Eagles wanted to sign him long -term. Maclin declined. I guess if he makes some outrageous contract demand the Eagles might balk, but personally i'd have a hard time selling unless somone wants to pay up big.

Eagles wanted to sign him long -term. Maclin declined. I guess if he makes some outrageous contract demand the Eagles might balk, but personally i'd have a hard time selling unless somone wants to pay up big.
I agree. I have him in dynasty and I'm holding on tight. It would take one heck of an offer for me to move him.

I agree. I have him in dynasty and I'm holding on tight. It would take one heck of an offer for me to move him.
I dealt him away two or three weeks ago in a deal to get Charles. While the deal was/is good for me I really miss this guy in my lineup.

The gravy train has arrived. He's the #1 WR in most leagues.

Sure we can all try to call the top b/c many things can (and probably will) go wrong that will take him off this extremely elevated pedestal b/c let's face it; he's not a perennial #1 overall WR. We all would have said he reached his potential if he finished Top 15.

Odds are that no one gives you more than Top 15ish in return, so why not ride the gravy train for as long as it lasts knowing that we will probably slip back a little bit sooner or later for one reason (Sanchez?, etc) or another (injury?, etc).

Never imagined this guy would become a stud WR. The team who has him is the top team in the league right now in points scored and tied for best record.

In my division of course.

The guy's been incredible but have to worry about the direction his arrow is pointing with Sanchez likely at the helm for a while, if not ROS.

I could be wrong about him too, maybe he is the next Antonio Brown. No one saw him coming on to be a top 5 receiver last year and so far this year too.

He WAS supposed to be a stud coming out of college. While I wouldn't expect him to stay top 3 year in and out, top ten finishes for the next several years are hardly out of the question.

He WAS supposed to be a stud coming out of college. While I wouldn't expect him to stay top 3 year in and out, top ten finishes for the next several years are hardly out of the question.
yep, first round pick, 10 td's his 2nd season. was talked about as future stud, but ran into some injury issues.

Maclin never has had over 70 catches and never had 1000 yards in a season, highly over rated player who has not lived up to the hype. Major knee injury and all off a sudden he is #1 WR quality? The hype will get out of hand now, but he is what he is regardless of the targets.
Yes he is what he is.

He also made it very clear he wanted a long term deal as well. They just couldn't agree on the numbers and he signed the 1 year deal.

Any other thoughts or observations about Maclin with Sanchez?

Sanchez did hit Maclin on a 52 yarder, anyone see that play as hope the long ball will continue to produce?

Sanchez did hit Maclin on a 52 yarder, anyone see that play as hope the long ball will continue to produce?
The game plan should be a lot more conservative with Sanchez. Gone are the consistent big plays. Where I own Maclin I've been trying to move him laterally before he turns into Garcon with Cousins.

The game plan should be a lot more conservative with Sanchez. Gone are the consistent big plays. Where I own Maclin I've been trying to move him laterally before he turns into Garcon with Cousins.
Maclin is not going to fall off the map because of Sanchez. I would expect little change in game plan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maclin is not going to fall off the map because of Sanchez. I would expect little change in game plan.
yeah i'd rather have foles in there but i'm not too worried... yet anyway.

I completely disagree with this. Sanchez will be asked to do everything that Foles was.

I completely disagree with this. Sanchez will be asked to do everything that Foles was.
Then the Eagles will lose for being stubborn. Sanchez is not the deep ball thrower that Foles is. Maclin is going to need to get his on his own via screen passes and other short routs.

Then the Eagles will lose for being stubborn. Sanchez is not the deep ball thrower that Foles is. Maclin is going to need to get his on his own via screen passes and other short routs.
Kelly doesnt seem like a stubborn coach to me

So glad I traded Maclin along with my 1.5 pick and this years 3rd and 4th rd pick in a 10 team dynasty to move up to pick 1.2 and take Evans....

ryno1980 said:
need2know said:
just_want_2_win said:
Trash now.
Oh cmon
He had a 2 catch game just 3 weeks ago with foles at QB
And the game script of that NYG game (where he did squat) was essentially an emulation of what we saw tonight. Although I do think it's probable that Maclin's monstrous ceiling will come down a bit due to what I believe was the absolute perfect situation with Foles, I wouldn't be worried. He's still going to be a must-start, top 15 option moving forward.

SproutDaddy said:
Mingooch said:
So glad I traded Maclin along with my 1.5 pick and this years 3rd and 4th rd pick in a 10 team dynasty to move up to pick 1.2 and take Evans....
YOu serious Clark?
Yup, was frustrated with Maclin, had/have a man crush on Evans. Have a young talented team so I could afford the trade and didn't expect this much from Maclin. Then again I am planning on trading Cooks and my 1.x pick this year in an attempt to get 1.1 and Gurley with the pick. Don't know if I will get it, but I am going to try.

SproutDaddy said:
Mingooch said:
YOu serious Clark?
Yup, was frustrated with Maclin, had/have a man crush on Evans. Have a young talented team so I could afford the trade and didn't expect this much from Maclin. Then again I am planning on trading Cooks and my 1.x pick this year in an attempt to get 1.1 and Gurley with the pick. Don't know if I will get it, but I am going to try.
You do know Maclin is a top 5 wr.........right? In a Chip Kelly offense nonetheless.

SproutDaddy said:
Mingooch said:
YOu serious Clark?
You do know Maclin is a top 5 wr.........right? In a Chip Kelly offense nonetheless.
He made that trade before the season, he said he traded for the 1.2 to take Evans.

SproutDaddy said:
Mingooch said:
YOu serious Clark?
He made that trade before the season, he said he traded for the 1.2 to take Evans.
I got that. The post was made yesterday and he's glad he traded:Maclin, 1.5, 3rd and 4th rd rookie for Evans

Now Maclin is actually sitting at #3 amongst WRs (in the dynasties I own him).

Did I miss something? He got ripped off.

SproutDaddy said:
Mingooch said:
YOu serious Clark?
I got that. The post was made yesterday and he's glad he traded:Maclin, 1.5, 3rd and 4th rd rookie for Evans

Yeah, sarcasm.

SproutDaddy said:
Mingooch said:
YOu serious Clark?

Yeah, sarcasm.
Oof. Well, with the complaining in a few posts before his it went over my head. It's not like people dont jump the gun around here over a bad outing.

I know today that Maclin is a monster, but his history soured me at the time of the trade. And I love Evans going forward. Luckily I have a strong youthful team and ended up with pick 1.2 1.3 and 1.5 2.3 and 2.5 in my draft last year. So I am happily 7-3 so far this year. And at the time of the trade up, some people thought I fleeced the guy ironically.

El Garbage is $$$. That's nice, but trade value is declining as doubt w/Sanchez sets in. I'd still buy low.

Users who are viewing this thread