What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Sandusky accused of child molestation (1 Viewer)

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, the school will be destroyed by this scandal. Spanier, Paterno, all of them need to be gone yesterday!! What in the hell are they thinking?? Who is in charge of PR at this university? It's done, they need to get out of there, all of them! I better see that they have all been fired or resigned by the end of the day. And don't give me this due process BS, read the grand jury report. The scum doesnt deserve due process imo. Remember, this is just the stuff that we know about now. I can only imagine what else there is out there that we don't know about.
If you got together 100 of the nation's foremost Constitutional scholars for a three-day symposium, I'm not sure they could come up with a better explanation of the importance of "due process" than this post."Due process? Don't talk to me about due process! My anger upon learning of these events through the media demands immediate satisfaction!"
To be fair, he's only asking that they be fired. The information in the Grand Jury report is enough for any rational person to understand that grounds for dismissal are there. While he's the one who brought it up, due process in the legal sense doesn't really apply.

Sorry for jumping in but could someone summarize what is actually known and what is speculation at this point. What did Paterno know and what is speculated that he knew? Things like that because the past couple of pages here does not give a rundown such as this. Thanks.
The Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office released a 23-page summary of its findings and recommended charges in the investigation of former Penn State football assistant coach Jerry Sandusky. It includes explicit language. (PDF FILE)

Mothers of two of Jerry Sandusky's alleged victims lash out at Penn State

“I’m so upset,” said the mom of the 24-year-old, who authorities are calling Victim Six. “My son is extremely distraught, and now to see how we were betrayed, words cannot tell you. To see that Graham Spanier is putting his unconditional support behind Curley and Shultz when he should be putting his support behind the victims, it just makes them victims all over again.”

lots of rumors on the PSU messageboard that the next shoe to drop is Sandusky's (and the PSU admin) role in the death of Ray Gricar (the DA that investigated the 1998 incident)..

probably made up, but you never know :unsure:

I am beginning to wonder if there even will be a game on Saturday. With all the #### that has gone down (and it is only Tuesday), how will the team be able to play? who will be left to coach them? McQueary??
Rumors circulating that his contract has been bought out and he is already gone.

Sorry for jumping in but could someone summarize what is actually known and what is speculation at this point. What did Paterno know and what is speculated that he knew? Things like that because the past couple of pages here does not give a rundown such as this. Thanks.
read this: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-wetzel_penn_state_child_sex_case_110511
Thanks for the link, Aaron. There was too much "trust" involved and not enough action taken. Who to blame? Everyone as the grad student could have called the police but did not. He trusted that others would do the job but they failed. Same with Paterno but Paterno only heard what happened... "he said, she said". However, he also put his trust in others that failed to do their job as well.I am not making excuses for anyone person but Penn State either makes a clean sweep of the whole place or they allow Paterno to coach the next three weeks and then make a clean sweep. Either way, a clean sweep needs to occur. I don't put as much fault on Paterno that some are though. I don't think Paterno was protecting this guy because he did go above himself to higher people. The failure comes from all but the top should have known better.

OJ McDuffie saying rumors have been there about Sandusky since 1990...
Jesus.
Horrible, isn't it? Most pedophiles can have HUNDREDS of victims. No telling how many lived this pervert has ruined. If I see a grown molesting a child with my own eyes, it would take take all of my strength to resist killing the SOB.
Second Mile has been around seen 1977....so at this point i can't help. but think the worse.

ok

if you hear

"old man in the shower doing something inappropriate with young boy" which Joe admittied to, THAT is enough. And if you are not sure that is enough, FIND OUT.
Grand Jury report:
Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant's report at his home on a Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called Tim Curley ("Curley"), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno's immediate supervisor, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Builing showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz ("Schultz"). The graduate assistant reported that he had witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.

The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that Sandusky's keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant was never questioned by University Police and no other entity conducted an investigation until he testified in Grand Jury in December, 2010. The Grand Jury finds the graduate assistant's testimony to be extremely credible.
My Link
How is this immediate, btw?

Even if you assume this is your only obligation, how do you sleep on it?

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, the school will be destroyed by this scandal. Spanier, Paterno, all of them need to be gone yesterday!! What in the hell are they thinking?? Who is in charge of PR at this university? It's done, they need to get out of there, all of them! I better see that they have all been fired or resigned by the end of the day. And don't give me this due process BS, read the grand jury report. The scum doesnt deserve due process imo. Remember, this is just the stuff that we know about now. I can only imagine what else there is out there that we don't know about.
If you got together 100 of the nation's foremost Constitutional scholars for a three-day symposium, I'm not sure they could come up with a better explanation of the importance of "due process" than this post."Due process? Don't talk to me about due process! My anger upon learning of these events through the media demands immediate satisfaction!"
To be fair, he's only asking that they be fired. The information in the Grand Jury report is enough for any rational person to understand that grounds for dismissal are there. While he's the one who brought it up, due process in the legal sense doesn't really apply.
Sure. I was gonna put something in my post about that, but I thought it detracted from the irony of his tone, which is exactly what the generic concept of due process is intended to buffer against. I have no idea if PA state employees have due process rights before they can be terminated.

“I’m so upset,” said the mom of the 24-year-old, who authorities are calling Victim Six. “My son is extremely distraught, and now to see how we were betrayed, words cannot tell you. To see that Graham Spanier is putting his unconditional support behind Curley and Shultz when he should be putting his support behind the victims, it just makes them victims all over again.”
Go ahead Rudnicki .... :popcorn:

I am beginning to wonder if there even will be a game on Saturday. With all the #### that has gone down (and it is only Tuesday), how will the team be able to play? who will be left to coach them? McQueary??
Rumors circulating that his contract has been bought out and he is already gone.
Crap runs downhill, and Paterno's only chance to salvage his job at this point is for McQueary to take the fall.

Crap runs downhill, and Paterno's only chance to salvage his job at this point is for McQueary to take the fall.
I don't think that will cut it. JoePa is going to be pressured to resign or he will be fired.

Go ahead Rudnicki .... :popcorn:
:( I'm giving up. Let's just post the same stuff on every page so everybody can keep up.

Last edited by a moderator:
why is paterno not fired yet? And imagine this thread with Lhucks still here.
At the very least, he should have been removed from his position as head football coach pending an "investigation" into whether he followed proper procedures in this case.That allows you to separate him from the program, and allow the program to move on, while you "negotiate" his exit. There is nothing he can do to save his job at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised if rest of season is cancelled. They don't have to ask Paterno to step down now and he can just retire.

It's a state university so there's still some legal aspect of due process for the firing. Not that this is incredibly important, but just pointing that out.

And imagine this thread with Lhucks still here.
Whoa! What happened now?
Out for 6 months. You can catch him now under his alias "Jim 11". :thumbup:
What happened?
His typical trolling. Joe had enough of it and finally gave him the boot. There's a thread about it if you want more details. Do a search. In here we're discussing the scum that is Sandusky and his enablers.

This story is disturbing. I'm posting under an alias because I want to share an experience from my childhood and get feedback on what, if anything, might be appropriate to do.

I got involved in the choir at school when I was in Jr. High. I had a decent voice and really got involved in choir - making all-region, all-state choirs for the next several years. When I was in 10th grade, my Jr. High choir director recommended me to a guy for voice lessons. The guy was relatively well-known locally - he directed a large adult community choir and was a the music director of a prominent local church. Several kids in our high school went to him for private voice lessons including two of my best friends. The guy was as nice as they come...had a great family, adopted kids, wife, big house, etc. During the first year I took lessons, the lessons took place at his house. My friend and I would drive across town - I would do homework while my friend had his 30-minute lesson; then we would swap. Lessons were in the front music room, lots of kids and family members in the house...no big deal.

At some point, we started having lessons at his church. I honestly don't remember why, and I don't remember exactly when. But for whatever reason - maybe because of scheduling with other activities I had - I would drive over to his church and have my lesson in the choir room in the basement of the church. At this point, my friends' lessons were on other days, so no one else was with me. The details of how things progressed are foggy (this was nearly 20 years ago), but several times during my lessons, we would be focused on proper breathing. Anyone who has done formal singing knows the importance of breathing from your diaphragm as opposed to your chest. I've had several instructors place their hand on my side during lessons to emphasize the sides expanding when you inhale. This instructor did that and would comment on how tense I was...that I was ticklish, etc.

From there, he suggested I needed to let him use a roller on my back to relieve tension. So he takes me to the music library down the hall from the choir room, closes the door and has me lay down on my stomach on a piece of foam. From the very beginning, I was extremely uncomfortable. The first time or two I think he either used a roller device or his hands (probably both) on my shoulders and lower back. The last time this happened, I specifically recall him locking the door to the library, and then after he had started his "massage," asking me to loosen my jeans so he could get to my lower back better. Nothing ever went further than that, because at some point a cleaning person tried to open the door, and I think he got flustered and we left. I don't remember anything ever happening again. Nothing ever happened that would constitute a crime, but it seems in hindsight that's where it likely was headed.

I remember driving home that day in a daze going back and forth between "WTF" and "surely I'm just misreading this...he wouldn't do that..." I was not some "Second Mile" kid. I had a great two-parent family, 2-sport athlete, class president, girlfriend, etc. But somehow I let things go as far as they did because I couldn't bring myself to believe that a guy as "good" as this guy would do something like that.

I've told my parents and wife about this in the past 20 years, and every time I say out loud what happened, I cringe as to how obvious the indecency of this is from the outside looking in. Even now, my heart started beating faster typing this out. My concern over these many years has been the fact that he's taught hundreds of kids voice lessons. He has since moved away and is a college professor in a neighboring state. If he was willing to push the envelope with a 16-year-old kid like me, what might he have done to a younger kid in a lesser situation?

At different times over the past several years, I've wished I could give someone a heads up to just keep an eye on him. Again, though he didn't commit a crime with me, I honestly would be shocked if it didn't happen with someone else. Is there anything you would do in my situation?

This story is disturbing. I'm posting under an alias because I want to share an experience from my childhood and get feedback on what, if anything, might be appropriate to do.I got involved in the choir at school when I was in Jr. High. I had a decent voice and really got involved in choir - making all-region, all-state choirs for the next several years. When I was in 10th grade, my Jr. High choir director recommended me to a guy for voice lessons. The guy was relatively well-known locally - he directed a large adult community choir and was a the music director of a prominent local church. Several kids in our high school went to him for private voice lessons including two of my best friends. The guy was as nice as they come...had a great family, adopted kids, wife, big house, etc. During the first year I took lessons, the lessons took place at his house. My friend and I would drive across town - I would do homework while my friend had his 30-minute lesson; then we would swap. Lessons were in the front music room, lots of kids and family members in the house...no big deal.At some point, we started having lessons at his church. I honestly don't remember why, and I don't remember exactly when. But for whatever reason - maybe because of scheduling with other activities I had - I would drive over to his church and have my lesson in the choir room in the basement of the church. At this point, my friends' lessons were on other days, so no one else was with me. The details of how things progressed are foggy (this was nearly 20 years ago), but several times during my lessons, we would be focused on proper breathing. Anyone who has done formal singing knows the importance of breathing from your diaphragm as opposed to your chest. I've had several instructors place their hand on my side during lessons to emphasize the sides expanding when you inhale. This instructor did that and would comment on how tense I was...that I was ticklish, etc. From there, he suggested I needed to him use a roller on my back to relieve tension. So he takes me to the music library down the hall from the choir room, closes the door and has me lay down on my stomach on a piece of foam. From the very beginning, I was extremely uncomfortable. The first time or two I think he either used a roller device or his hands (probably both) on my shoulders and lower back. The last time this happened, I specifically recall him locking the door to the library, and then after he had started his "massage," asking me to loosen my jeans so he could get to my lower back better. Nothing ever went further than that, because at some point a cleaning person tried to open the door, and I think he got flustered and we left. I don't remember anything ever happening again. Nothing ever happened that would constitute a crime, but it seems in hindsight that's where it likely was headed. I remember driving home that day in a daze going back and forth between "WTF" and "surely I'm just misreading this...he wouldn't do that..." I was not some "Second Mile" kid. I had a great two-parent family, 2-sport athlete, class president, girlfriend, etc. But somehow I let things go as far as they did because I couldn't bring myself to believe that a guy as "good" as this guy would do something like that. I've told my parents and wife about this in the past 20 years, and every time I say out loud what happened, I cringe as to how obvious the indecency of this is from the outside looking in. Even now, my heart started beating faster typing this out. My concern over these many years has been the fact that he's taught hundreds of kids voice lessons. He has since moved away and is a college professor in a neighboring state. If he was willing to push the envelope with a 16-year-old kid like me, what might he have done to a younger kid in a lesser situation? At different times over the past several years, I've wished I could give someone a heads up to just keep an eye on him. Again, he didn't commit a crime with me, I honestly would be shocked if it didn't happen with someone else. Is there anything you would do in my situation?
I am confused as to why you needed to say so much when you only needed to say you were touched by an adult.

okif you hear "old man in the shower doing something inappropriate with young boy" which Joe admittied to, THAT is enough. And if you are not sure that is enough, FIND OUT.
No I don't think if that's all Joe heard he needs to "follow up". I take it I'll be in the minority on this but he's a 70+ year old head coach of a major college power. He's got enough on his plate and playing investigator is not one of those things. He did what he I think he should do which is tell the GA to report it the correct parties and let them handle it. At this stage of the game Joe lacks the mental capacity to oversee every aspect of what goes on at Penn State or deal with every issue.
Dude, just stop.No one wants to hear he has a lot on his plate.He and his staff sit or have sat on couches at kids homes and recruit kids to come play at his school.He is OBLIGATED to make sure his staff is doing nothing to harm any of his kids at the school he represents.
No I won't stop and no I'm not fishing. Unlike all of you I'm not ready to condemn a man when I don't know all the facts. I said it before and I'll say it for the last time. Until I know what the GA said to Paterno I'm not going to pass judegement. Either way I think Paterno is finished as head coach at Penn State no matter what the GA said to him. What is at stake here is his legacy and how he'll be remembered. As for obligation to his players. I know people don't want to let facts get in the way here but when Paterno was informed of the shower incident Sandusky was not a member of his staff.
You can't be this dense. Good try though. :thumbup:
Go ahead and call me dense along with host of other insults I've had in this thread but I stand by what I said and that is I'm giving Paterno the chance to explain himself before I pass judgement. I'm no Penn St. alumni or fan but I've watched Paterno from afar for along time with great appreciation and I'm having a difficult time coming to grips with the fact he could have been this uncaring. I'm going to give him the chance to explain, than I'll make my opinion.

ok

if you hear

"old man in the shower doing something inappropriate with young boy" which Joe admittied to, THAT is enough. And if you are not sure that is enough, FIND OUT.
No I don't think if that's all Joe heard he needs to "follow up". I take it I'll be in the minority on this but he's a 70+ year old head coach of a major college power. He's got enough on his plate and playing investigator is not one of those things. He did what he I think he should do which is tell the GA to report it the correct parties and let them handle it. At this stage of the game Joe lacks the mental capacity to oversee every aspect of what goes on at Penn State or deal with every issue.
Dude, just stop.No one wants to hear he has a lot on his plate.

He and his staff sit or have sat on couches at kids homes and recruit kids to come play at his school.

He is OBLIGATED to make sure his staff is doing nothing to harm any of his kids at the school he represents.
No I won't stop and no I'm not fishing. Unlike all of you I'm not ready to condemn a man when I don't know all the facts.

I said it before and I'll say it for the last time. Until I know what the GA said to Paterno I'm not going to pass judegement.

Either way I think Paterno is finished as head coach at Penn State no matter what the GA said to him. What is at stake here is his legacy and how he'll be remembered.

As for obligation to his players. I know people don't want to let facts get in the way here but when Paterno was informed of the shower incident Sandusky was not a member of his staff.
You can't be this dense. Good try though. :thumbup:
Go ahead and call me dense along with host of other insults I've had in this thread but I stand by what I said and that is I'm giving Paterno the chance to explain himself before I pass judgement. I'm no Penn St. alumni or fan but I've watched Paterno from afar for along time with great appreciation and I'm having a difficult time coming to grips with the fact he could have been this uncaring. I'm going to give him the chance to explain, than I'll make my opinion.
That's your problem. It's clear to anyone who has read the details Paterno is at the very least guilty of covering this up and enabling a child molester. It's hard coming to terms with the fact someone you have respected and/or admired over the years is something different than he portrayed.

I genuinely am wondering if there is anything I should say to someone. The guy continues to be in the same type of position he was in 20 years ago with the same access to kids. I honestly would not be shocked if a Sandusky-type story comes out on this guy before he dies.

You tread carefully in bringing something like this to light. Has too much time passed? If you were the president of ________ University and you got a letter/email/phone call with the facts I explained above, would you have concern?

I'm all for a house cleaning, including Big Joe. But how come the pitch forks aren't after Spanier and McQueary on the same level as Joe? Just wondering.

How stupid were they to begin with in 1999 after the University's police force had Sandusky under investigation. AT THAT POINT, say it's been great having you work here Jer, but now it's time for you to go. Take retirement and be on your way. Don't care where you go, but you can't stay here. Don't even visit Jer, and don't bother with a postcard either. No, INSTEAD they give the ####### guy emeritus status and let the ####### guy run amok with more children ON THEIR GROUNDS. They should all be fired for that alone. So ####### stupid and disgusting. I said it 10 pages ago, they're all enablers. Every last ####### one of them and they should all have been gone by now.

Users who are viewing this thread