What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets at Pats... Jets+-10.5 (1 Viewer)

If you are killing Sanchez today then you really are just never going to like the guy. I thought he played really well yesterday for most of the game. The INT was bad, but it's one bad throw. Kill him for the fumble, but he had no chance on that play. They are not even in a position to win if not for Sanchez. He put the team on his back when Greene went out and got them within a pubic hair of the win. That is something no one seems to want to talk about.

The fact is the Jets played well enough to win but didn't finish the job. Does Sanchez deserve some blame? Sure, but so does Hill, and Cromartie for dropping that INT, Sporano for some head scratching play calls, Rex/Pettine for once again going conservative at the most critical times and how about the special teams for giving up that TD to McCourty?

Look at Eli, the other NY QB. He threw a pick 10 times worse than Sanchez's INT that would have cost them the game had the Redskins just made sure to have someone playing deep against Cruz. If they lose people would be talking about that pick, Instead he hits Cruz for the game winning TD and he's still wonderboy. Yet, Sanchez arguably had a better day at QB than he did yesterday, except for the most important thing, winning the game. When you win everything else is masked. Had Hill caught that ball, or Cromartie made that INT, or Sporano just run the ball at the gl, or both the offense or defense not gone conservative at the end we are likely talking about what a great day Sanchez had out-dueling Brady. If my aunt had balls, blah, blah, blah...

If you are killing Sanchez today then you really are just never going to like the guy. I thought he played really well yesterday for most of the game. The INT was bad, but it's one bad throw. Kill him for the fumble, but he had no chance on that play. They are not even in a position to win if not for Sanchez. He put the team on his back when Greene went out and got them within a pubic hair of the win. That is something no one seems to want to talk about. The fact is the Jets played well enough to win but didn't finish the job. Does Sanchez deserve some blame? Sure, but so does Hill, and Cromartie for dropping that INT, Sporano for some head scratching play calls, Rex/Pettine for once again going conservative at the most critical times and how about the special teams for giving up that TD to McCourty? Look at Eli, the other NY QB. He threw a pick 10 times worse than Sanchez's INT that would have cost them the game had the Redskins just made sure to have someone playing deep against Cruz. If they lose people would be talking about that pick, Instead he hits Cruz for the game winning TD and he's still wonderboy. Yet, Sanchez arguably had a better day at QB than he did yesterday, except for the most important thing, winning the game. When you win everything else is masked. Had Hill caught that ball, or Cromartie made that INT, or Sporano just run the ball at the gl, or both the offense or defense not gone conservative at the end we are likely talking about what a great day Sanchez had out-dueling Brady. If my aunt had balls, blah, blah, blah...
Fair points but the bottom line is Eli finds ways to win games even when he plays poorly....Sanchez fumbles with the game on the line.

If you are killing Sanchez today then you really are just never going to like the guy. I thought he played really well yesterday for most of the game. The INT was bad, but it's one bad throw. Kill him for the fumble, but he had no chance on that play. They are not even in a position to win if not for Sanchez. He put the team on his back when Greene went out and got them within a pubic hair of the win. That is something no one seems to want to talk about. The fact is the Jets played well enough to win but didn't finish the job. Does Sanchez deserve some blame? Sure, but so does Hill, and Cromartie for dropping that INT, Sporano for some head scratching play calls, Rex/Pettine for once again going conservative at the most critical times and how about the special teams for giving up that TD to McCourty? Look at Eli, the other NY QB. He threw a pick 10 times worse than Sanchez's INT that would have cost them the game had the Redskins just made sure to have someone playing deep against Cruz. If they lose people would be talking about that pick, Instead he hits Cruz for the game winning TD and he's still wonderboy. Yet, Sanchez arguably had a better day at QB than he did yesterday, except for the most important thing, winning the game. When you win everything else is masked. Had Hill caught that ball, or Cromartie made that INT, or Sporano just run the ball at the gl, or both the offense or defense not gone conservative at the end we are likely talking about what a great day Sanchez had out-dueling Brady. If my aunt had balls, blah, blah, blah...
Fair points but the bottom line is Eli finds ways to win games even when he plays poorly....Sanchez fumbles with the game on the line.
My point wasn't to compare Sanchez to Eli, they are in different universes as far as QBs go right now. My point was simply to reiterate that when you win people gloss over your mistakes and obviously when you lose they are magnified. The fact is that the Jets lost the game so no one is going to sing anyone's praises. I just don't think Sanchez should be getting killed after playing one of his best games of the year.

Actually, if Sanchez didn't suck so much, the Jets would have won this game. This loss is entirely on him. I just wonder how long it will take them to realize they wasted a first round pick on him. Once they do, the rebuild can begin... and pleeeease... don't even mention Tebow.
He wasn't very good, but that Hill drop was a killer.And virtually no one in here predicted the game. Pats are not very good, the Jets are worse.
I think I am a virtual someone. I mean, ok, I said Jets 28-27... but I had the points about right, and if Sanchez .. oh well. I was pretty close anyways. Neither team is not very good? Um... ok. :unsure:
Ok, now that I've settled down a bit, I might be able to look at things objectively.You gave three options, one of them hit. I give you credit.

My point wasn't to compare Sanchez to Eli, they are in different universes as far as QBs go right now. My point was simply to reiterate that when you win people gloss over your mistakes and obviously when you lose they are magnified. The fact is that the Jets lost the game so no one is going to sing anyone's praises. I just don't think Sanchez should be getting killed after playing one of his best games of the year.
I know - but my point is a good QB finds a way to get it done...Sanchez not only doesnt get it done but has to understand that he cant turn the ball over there or its game over....too many crippling mistakes from Sanchez. Its like hes not learning....but I cant kill him as he played well yesterday with limited weapons and lousy playcalling. At $15M guaranteed next year he is the Jet QB for the time being....hope the light turns on and soon ala Eli.

This is correct.In years 1-2 for Sanchez, despite poor play at times, they won and we looked at him as an up and coming QB with promise who is learning.Now in years 3-4 without the wins, we look at all his mistakes and are ready to move on.I won't kill Sanchez, and have been on his side most of the time.When you go to Foxboro and throw for 300+ and one INT (with Jeremy Kerely as your best WR) you shouldn't get killed.

Actually, if Sanchez didn't suck so much, the Jets would have won this game. This loss is entirely on him. I just wonder how long it will take them to realize they wasted a first round pick on him. Once they do, the rebuild can begin... and pleeeease... don't even mention Tebow.
He wasn't very good, but that Hill drop was a killer.And virtually no one in here predicted the game. Pats are not very good, the Jets are worse.
I think I am a virtual someone. I mean, ok, I said Jets 28-27... but I had the points about right, and if Sanchez .. oh well. I was pretty close anyways. Neither team is not very good? Um... ok. :unsure:
Honestly, do you see either team making it far in the playoffs? I suppose it's possible because the AFC is so weak, but neither of these teams should be considered in the top 10 overall right now.
Who do you see playing the Texans in the AFCCG right now? The AFC is totally wide-open, and I think the Pats have as good a shot as any team at making the AFCCG.
Come playoff time it's certainly possible the Pats play the Texans, but right now I wouldn't put them there. Despite the blowout, I still feel the Ravens are the 2nd best team. Broncos might be #3 in the AFC.

This is correct.In years 1-2 for Sanchez, despite poor play at times, they won and we looked at him as an up and coming QB with promise who is learning.Now in years 3-4 without the wins, we look at all his mistakes and are ready to move on.I won't kill Sanchez, and have been on his side most of the time.When you go to Foxboro and throw for 300+ and one INT (with Jeremy Kerely as your best WR) you shouldn't get killed.
He's not the reason the Jets lost - Hill catches the ball they likely win the game....but I've seen too many mistakes from Sanchez to change my mind from what he is....a mediocre QB who a team can win with if they have a great Defense and running game....IMO thats not what I expected from a top 6 draft pick being paid $12M+ per year.

Honestly, do you see either team making it far in the playoffs? I suppose it's possible because the AFC is so weak, but neither of these teams should be considered in the top 10 overall right now.
List the 10
My opinion of course:Falcons, Texans, 49ers

Bears, Vikings, Ravens, Giants, Packers

Seahawks, Broncos

The issue with Sanchez is that he's still making those rookie mistakes, and he makes them at key times to lose games.

He's tough, mobile and has the physical ability to make all the throws, but I think he's a mental midget with no concept of time and score.

The issue with Sanchez is that he's still making those rookie mistakes, and he makes them at key times to lose games. He's tough, mobile and has the physical ability to make all the throws, but I think he's a mental midget with no concept of time and score.
That certainly be argued, but in regards to yesterdays's game, would you be saying this had Hill cost that pass and scored and the Jets went on to win 27-23? That was a perfect throw by Sanchez on 3rd down at a big point in the game.

The issue with Sanchez is that he's still making those rookie mistakes, and he makes them at key times to lose games. He's tough, mobile and has the physical ability to make all the throws, but I think he's a mental midget with no concept of time and score.
That certainly be argued, but in regards to yesterdays's game, would you be saying this had Hill cost that pass and scored and the Jets went on to win 27-23? That was a perfect throw by Sanchez on 3rd down at a big point in the game.
Yes but it didnt....drops like that happen and the QB has to pick the team up and find a way to win....the one thing Sanchez could not do was turn the ball over in that OT spot...cant happen and it did....I'd like to see the stats on how often he fumbles when he's hit....seems like it happens quite a lot. He is a turnover machine.

He's not the reason the Jets lost - Hill catches the ball they likely win the game....but I've seen too many mistakes from Sanchez to change my mind from what he is....a mediocre QB who a team can win with if they have a great Defense and running game....IMO thats not what I expected from a top 6 draft pick being paid $12M+ per year.
I agree, way too much money for someone who needs great Run and D to be effective.

Ok, now that I've settled down a bit, I might be able to look at things objectively.You gave three options, one of them hit. I give you credit.
After I gave those 3 possible outcomes, I said Jets 28-27. So, I did in fact pick the high scoring close game option. With the game on the line, Sanchez always finds a way to lose, Eli finds a way to win. I don't expect Sanchez to be perfect. Just come through at a crucial time in a big game ONCE. When the pressure is on, Sanchez crumblers.

He wasn't very good, but that Hill drop was a killer.

And virtually no one in here predicted the game. Pats are not very good, the Jets are worse.
List the 10

Seahawks, Broncos
Yeah, there's only 3 afc on there and you've got to be ####ting me with den and balt

And virtually no one in here predicted the game. Pats are not very good, the Jets are worse.
List the 10

Seahawks, Broncos
Yeah, there's only 3 afc on there and you've got to be ####ting me with den and balt
Balt 31

NE 30

ring a bell?

I'll admit, Denver is probably a stretch, but don't have a problem with it, neither would I have a problem with someone ranking Arizona, Dallas or Philly above NE.

New England right now is probably the 3rd (maybe 4th) best team in the AFC. But only the 10th or so best team in the league.

Denver is easily a top 10 team (albeit near the bottom at this point). Look at who they have played and tell me otherwise. And then try telling me what 10 teams are better.

After I gave those 3 possible outcomes, I said Jets 28-27. So, I did in fact pick the high scoring close game option. With the game on the line, Sanchez always finds a way to lose, Eli finds a way to win. I don't expect Sanchez to be perfect. Just come through at a crucial time in a big game ONCE. When the pressure is on, Sanchez crumblers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LL8FHwqDTsIt's funny because in his first two years he was opposite, and almost Tebow-like. Terrible all game and then came up with those big plays. I know 2010 feels like a million years ago, but watch that video and remind yourself what he did at the end of games when he actually had a WRs corps worth a damn. Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and Cotchery. Also in 3+ years he has 10 4th qtr comebacks and 12 game winning drives to his credit. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00There I go again, defending Sanchez. I always feel like his last supporter...

Last edited by a moderator:
List the 10

Seahawks, Broncos
Could add Az as well.They are in the same class as Wash, Mia, Indy, Cin, Pitt right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LL8FHwqDTsIt's funny because in his first two years he was opposite, and almost Tebow-like. Terrible all game and then came up with those big plays. I know 2010 feels like a million years ago, but watch that video and remind yourself what he did at the end of games when he actually had a WRs corps worth a damn. Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and Cotchery. Also in 3+ years he has 10 4th qtr comebacks and 12 game winning drives to his credit. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=SancMa00There I go again, defending Sanchez. I always feel like his last supporter...
from what I see, Sanchez just doesn't look like anything close to a franchise guy the way the Jets have hoped that he'd turn out to be. After four years, he looks like his ceiling is a middle-of-the-road starting NFL QB. He can throw the ball very well at times and if you surround him with a great defense, a great running game and an above-average WR corps (like the 2009 and 2010 Jets teams) he can be good enough to get you into the playoffs and even make some plays to win a game here and there.but the thing is there are a lot of QBs that you can say that about as well, and you don't have to invest a top-10 pick or a Sanchez-style contract into them to get that kind of performance. Sanchez is wildly inconsistent at times and doesn't seem to have a lot of leadership qualities or awareness. I think he just doesn't have what it takes to get him over the hump to the next level as a pro QB.

as a Jets fan, I am encouraged by Sanchez' performance. the ball he threw to keller TD was through a tiny window. He was finding Kerley all day with the deep corner routes. He's getting better and that's a positive sign. Sanchez is gonna be the Jets QB for a long time it would seem. Is he as good as Tom Brady, hell no. but he's getting better and that's good news.

keep in mind the Jets were 10.5 point dogs and without revis and holmes. For them to be competitive in overtime was a great job all around.

as a Jets fan, I am encouraged by Sanchez' performance. the ball he threw to keller TD was through a tiny window. He was finding Kerley all day with the deep corner routes. He's getting better and that's a positive sign. Sanchez is gonna be the Jets QB for a long time it would seem. Is he as good as Tom Brady, hell no. but he's getting better and that's good news.keep in mind the Jets were 10.5 point dogs and without revis and holmes. For them to be competitive in overtime was a great job all around.
That line was ridiculous. The Pats have perhaps the worst pass D in the NFL. Those DB's have been getting beat deep all year, but Sanchez never beat them deep. When Hill had 10 yards of seperation, Sanchez didn't see him until the separation disappeared, and then he underthrew the ball, horribly underthrown. Don't think Sanchez is getting better. Against THAT defense, he should have been able to throw at least two deep TD's, and he didn't. Russel Wilson beat them deep, and he's a rookie. Sanchez was playing a D backfield that has about as much talent as a scout team, and he still couldn't burn them. He has a weak arm, no pocket awareness, terrible ball security, no downfield vision whatsoever and locks onto his primary target. He is a backup QB at best in the NFL. A game manager, and he isn't very good at that limited role either.

'Ghost Rider said:
Denver is easily a top 10 team (albeit near the bottom at this point). Look at who they have played and tell me otherwise. And then try telling me what 10 teams are better.
:lmao: :lmao: this could be a good thread

Is there anyplace that tracks tipped passes per passing attempts? Sanchez would have to be near the top of that list. At least he could say he was at the top of some list.

I think the Jets are going to get blown out. NE by at least 17.
I agree. Losing 3 games by the slimmest of margins I see a pissed off Pats team putting a beatdown on their division rival.
Oooph. Glad I stopped gambling a long time ago. NE clearly is not the maching it once was and other teams are used to their schemes both offensively and defensively. Good job by the Jets but they should've closed this one out.

'TLEF316 said:
The issue with Sanchez is that he's still making those rookie mistakes, and he makes them at key times to lose games.

He's tough, mobile and has the physical ability to make all the throws, but I think he's a mental midget with no concept of time and score.
This is a huge problem, and I'd add pocket presence to the list of things that are hard to quantify for a QB, but are very problematic if your QB doesn't have them. He never seems to have any idea of the play-clock, he turns the wrong way on hand-offs constantly, and he just doesn't seem to have any of the mental sharpness that all great (and even good) QBs seem to have.

'Modog814 said:
'12punch said:
'FUBAR said:

List the 10

Seahawks, Broncos
Balt 31

NE 30

ring a bell?

I'll admit, Denver is probably a stretch, but don't have a problem with it, neither would I have a problem with someone ranking Arizona, Dallas or Philly above NE.

New England right now is probably the 3rd (maybe 4th) best team in the AFC. But only the 10th or so best team in the league.
Pats 31Denver 21

ring a bell?

Pats lost in Baltimore, sure. But since then Baltimore lost their entire defense. They will likely not even make the playoffs now.

Also, I keep reading the Jets fans posts about Hill dropping a pass, and if this happened or that happened the Jets would have won.

That's true in every game. Brady didn't play very well yesterday, and there were dropped passes on the Pats side as well. You can't cherry pick to imagine an outcome.

As a Pats fan, this wasn't a very good win for the Pats, and their secondary is excruciating to watch. But these are division rivals, so they know each other so well, that it really should have been a close game. There aren't 10 teams better than the Pats. That's crazy. But I certainly don't hold high expectations for a Super Bowl win either.

'Rovers said:
'Matt Bitonti said:
as a Jets fan, I am encouraged by Sanchez' performance. the ball he threw to keller TD was through a tiny window. He was finding Kerley all day with the deep corner routes. He's getting better and that's a positive sign. Sanchez is gonna be the Jets QB for a long time it would seem. Is he as good as Tom Brady, hell no. but he's getting better and that's good news.keep in mind the Jets were 10.5 point dogs and without revis and holmes. For them to be competitive in overtime was a great job all around.
That line was ridiculous. The Pats have perhaps the worst pass D in the NFL. Those DB's have been getting beat deep all year, but Sanchez never beat them deep. When Hill had 10 yards of seperation, Sanchez didn't see him until the separation disappeared, and then he underthrew the ball, horribly underthrown. Don't think Sanchez is getting better. Against THAT defense, he should have been able to throw at least two deep TD's, and he didn't. Russel Wilson beat them deep, and he's a rookie. Sanchez was playing a D backfield that has about as much talent as a scout team, and he still couldn't burn them. He has a weak arm, no pocket awareness, terrible ball security, no downfield vision whatsoever and locks onto his primary target. He is a backup QB at best in the NFL. A game manager, and he isn't very good at that limited role either.
Pats fan here who was at the game yesterday. You are spot on about Sanchez, he is horrible. The only thing more pathetic on that field yesterday was the Pats secondary. They can't cover, period. There were receivers open by ten yards all game long. The only reason we managed to win was the combination of Sanchez being unable to scan the field and make accurate throws to wide open receivers and the inability of stiffs like Hill to make a simple catch. Sanchez will never. ever face an easier defense to thrown on ( Til Thanksgiving) or win games consistently where he is facing even a mediocre NFL defense. As a Pats fan I hope you don't go out and find a solid QB any time soon or any capable wr's. If you ever do you will be formidable.

'Rovers said:
'Matt Bitonti said:
Pats fan here who was at the game yesterday. You are spot on about Sanchez, he is horrible. The only thing more pathetic on that field yesterday was the Pats secondary. They can't cover, period. There were receivers open by ten yards all game long. The only reason we managed to win was the combination of Sanchez being unable to scan the field and make accurate throws to wide open receivers and the inability of stiffs like Hill to make a simple catch. Sanchez will never. ever face an easier defense to thrown on ( Til Thanksgiving) or win games consistently where he is facing even a mediocre NFL defense. As a Pats fan I hope you don't go out and find a solid QB any time soon or any capable wr's. If you ever do you will be formidable.
I would not sell the Jets WR's short. Hill has had some drops, but in college he played for a team that never threw the ball. He has all the skills to be a good, maybe very good NFL WR. He gets separation on a regular basis. Drops happen. I've seen Nicks and Cruz drop passes. Holmes too. Kid tried to run before he looked the ball in. Correctable. Kerley is a nifty little slot reciever. Beyond that, it's a thin corp for sure. Keller's presence helps. On the other hand, I think you have little to worry about when it comes to the Jets. We are stuck with Sanchez for the foreseeable future. Really sucks to be a Jets fan. It isn't that Sanchez doesn't occassionally make good plays, it's the mistakes. His cumlative faults multipy his problems logrithmically. If it was just a few faults... but it's a weak arm, no pocket awareness, often inaccurate, poor ball security, bad decision making, horrible field vision, poor footwork, questionable leadership ability, no speed, can't avoid a rush, is easy to hit, the list is endless. There isn't anything he does consistantly well. Well... he can wolf down a hot dog pretty fast though.

Who do you see playing the Texans in the AFCCG right now? The AFC is totally wide-open, and I think the Pats have as good a shot as any team at making the AFCCG.
Come playoff time it's certainly possible the Pats play the Texans, but right now I wouldn't put them there. Despite the blowout, I still feel the Ravens are the 2nd best team. Broncos might be #3 in the AFC.
Did we forget the Broncos lost to the Pats? As horrible as their secondary is, it was worse last year and look what happened.

I don't get the weak arm comments regarding Sanchez. He badly under threw one ball yesterday, but he's fully capable of rifling throws into tight windows.

He's not 90's Brett favre, but his arm strength is not a weakness in my eyes

I don't get the weak arm comments regarding Sanchez. He badly under threw one ball yesterday, but he's fully capable of rifling throws into tight windows. He's not 90's Brett favre, but his arm strength is not a weakness in my eyes
When he tries to throw deep, it's a Chad Pennington-like rainbow. And it's usually short. Weak arm. He can't throw a deep ball.

I sort of agree, but throwing deep bombs isn't the only way to demonstrate a strong arm. Strong mid range throws are equally, if not more important.

I believe Sanchez can do this.

I sort of agree, but throwing deep bombs isn't the only way to demonstrate a strong arm. Strong mid range throws are equally, if not more important. I believe Sanchez can do this.
I agree, he can zip some of the short passes in there. Too often to the wrong color jersey at the worst possible time, although he hasn't been gawd awful with the INT's this year to date. His passes get blocked at the LoS far too often. All QB's throw bad INT's. Look at Eli Manning yesterday. But... Manning came back and won the game with a long bomb that hit Cruz perfectly in stride. If Sanchez could do that, I wouldn't be riding his *** so much. Brees isn't a tall QB, but he knows how to find a passing lane so he doesn't have many blocked passes. Just another Sanchez shortcoming. No awareness.

He reminds me a lot of Jake Plummer.

I feel dirty as a Jet's fan to bash him to be honest.

He leads leads the franchise is playoff wins (all on the road) and here we are ready to pull the plug on him before he turns 26....not 36 but 26.

It's just today's sports world. What have you done for me lately.

If on draft day we would have been asked, "would you be happy with Sanchez having 4 playoff wins after 4 years" we would have jumped in blindly. I know I would.

Sanchez will be gone in a year or 2, so will Rex and we start the whole process all over again.

Maybe Sanchez will fizzle and become a back up, maybe he finds great success like the other QBs who were left for dead.

Guys like Brees, Alex Smith and eventually Joe Flacco

He reminds me a lot of Jake Plummer.I feel dirty as a Jet's fan to bash him to be honest.He leads leads the franchise is playoff wins (all on the road) and here we are ready to pull the plug on him before he turns 26....not 36 but 26.It's just today's sports world. What have you done for me lately.If on draft day we would have been asked, "would you be happy with Sanchez having 4 playoff wins after 4 years" we would have jumped in blindly. I know I would.Sanchez will be gone in a year or 2, so will Rex and we start the whole process all over again.Maybe Sanchez will fizzle and become a back up, maybe he finds great success like the other QBs who were left for dead.Guys like Brees, Alex Smith and eventually Joe Flacco
You make it sound like it was Sanchez who won those playoff games. Those were team wins. All that was asked of Sanchez was to manage the games. Hand the ball off. The handwriting was on the wall when the CS felt the need to give Sanchez color codes. The CS doesn't trust him, and as time goes by, it becomes more apparent why they don't. He can't win games, but he can lose them. Brees was never left for dead... SD had to decide between him (and he was coming back from injury) and Rivers. There were a lot of teams interested in Brees. But, that is drifting OT. This is now a pass driven league, and without a good QB, any chance of winning the Super Bowl is a dream. I've been a Jets fan since they were called the Titans. I'd like to win it all just one more time before I croak. I've had enough of losing. It will take another 4 to 5 years to get a new GM, HC and QB while rebuilding. This team could have gone the distance if they had a QB that could have beaten Manning in the AFC championship game. Spilt milk.

'Rovers said:
'comfortably numb said:
He reminds me a lot of Jake Plummer.I feel dirty as a Jet's fan to bash him to be honest.He leads leads the franchise is playoff wins (all on the road) and here we are ready to pull the plug on him before he turns 26....not 36 but 26.It's just today's sports world. What have you done for me lately.If on draft day we would have been asked, "would you be happy with Sanchez having 4 playoff wins after 4 years" we would have jumped in blindly. I know I would.Sanchez will be gone in a year or 2, so will Rex and we start the whole process all over again.Maybe Sanchez will fizzle and become a back up, maybe he finds great success like the other QBs who were left for dead.Guys like Brees, Alex Smith and eventually Joe Flacco
You make it sound like it was Sanchez who won those playoff games. Those were team wins. All that was asked of Sanchez was to manage the games. Hand the ball off. The handwriting was on the wall when the CS felt the need to give Sanchez color codes. The CS doesn't trust him, and as time goes by, it becomes more apparent why they don't. He can't win games, but he can lose them. Brees was never left for dead... SD had to decide between him (and he was coming back from injury) and Rivers. There were a lot of teams interested in Brees. But, that is drifting OT. This is now a pass driven league, and without a good QB, any chance of winning the Super Bowl is a dream. I've been a Jets fan since they were called the Titans. I'd like to win it all just one more time before I croak. I've had enough of losing. It will take another 4 to 5 years to get a new GM, HC and QB while rebuilding. This team could have gone the distance if they had a QB that could have beaten Manning in the AFC championship game. Spilt milk.
Now you are rewriting history. Yes, in 2009 they had an otherwise great team that was held back by a ROOKIE qb. A rookie QB couldn't best one of the greatest QB's of all time forgive me for forgiving him that, especially since he threw for 250 yards and 2 TDs in that game. In 2010 it was a much different story. He made sophomore mistakes, but also was good enough for them to be 11-5 and he was more than a game manager in the New England win, throwing 3 TDs and not turning it over. He out-dueled Brady that game. In Pittsburgh he brought them back from the dead in that AFC championship game, throwing for 233/2 with no picks mostly in the second half in Pittsburgh (when they were still Pittsburgh) and nearly led them to a Super Bowl in his 2nd year. I suppose you will say that if not for his fumble before the half they win, but like yesterday, they aren't in a position to win without him. Clearly you don't like him, you've stated you never really liked the pick from the start. He is flawed, and far from a finished product in his 4th year. The great Eli Manning threw 20 INTs and only 3300 yds and 23 TDs in his 4th year, the year they won the SB. In Brees' 3rd year he threw 11 TDs and 15 INTs. There are tons of other QBs who took well into their 4th year to completely "get it." Everyone wants to say it's a different league now though and QBs don't take that long to develop. Well I just watched Stafford lay another egg, and he's the golden boy from Sanchez's draft that everyone loved to point to last year and say Mark should be doing that. He sure doesn't look so polished now in his 4th season either with more INTs than TDs through 6 games.

Users who are viewing this thread