What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets RB - Who should start? (3 Viewers)

I didnt mention age specifically, but it was part of the implication when I called all the other RBs Powell has played with "scrubs"

talent, age, etc... none of them close to Crow.
So young backs can't be scrubs and all old backs are scrubs? 

Someone tell Frank Gore. 

Every RB Powell has played with, is essentially a scrub for one reason or another. 

Until now. 
Dear Lord. He's played behind some really good backs that are just aging. 

Powell's never rushed for under 4 YPC. His career average is 4.4. Two years ago, he rushed for 5.5 per carry. Last year was 4.3. In both of those years, he got well over one hundred carries. If anything, I'd be worried he'll take work on merit from your boy. He's done it to others.

Shonn Greene, Chris Ivory, Matt Forte. There have been years where he has more attempts than those guys. I can't believe Powell ran behind Greene. What a stiff. 

I would hope so. Buffalo is horrific. 
I don't think Darnold has thrown the ball more than fifteen yards in the air downfield. I'm not talking outs and stuff, I'm talking like crossing the fifteen yard marker. It's bad over here, man. Just bad.  

Thought it was interesting that Dodds’ projections for Crowell + Powell is good for RB1  :ph34r:
That's the thing. The people that work here are brilliant and give some great starting points and techniques for fantasy football. On an intermediate level, they give you a million different strategies for roster construction, etc. They also do an incredible job of aggregating data from beat reporters and the like. Their advanced stuff is too advanced for me. It's a cornucopia.

But there's one thing they can't do: They can't tell you stuff like this. I've watched every moment of this Jets postseason now and the only time The Jets tipped their hand slightly was Powell and his opening drive for a touchdown in the third game, and I'd put little stock in that because Crow played the next two series. 

To the technicalities of the projection. The Jets run enough and do well enough at it to come with an RB1 in a twelve-teamer, AFAIK. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I didn't dog you, just don't remember it.

The Sepultura thing was because of Soulfly, your handle. I have no issue with your passion on the boards. I'm entertained as hell, and Gordon is going to win me Summerpalooza and I've grabbed him in Anarchy's league and will grab him in my main one, too. 
Don’t believe him, soul. Refuse. Resist.

There was early buzz about Cannon, anyone know what's going on with him?
They kept him during cutdowns after sending MCGuire to IR - and while he offers an element that the other backs don’t, speed, he was really unimpressive this preseason. He showed terrible hands in the passing game and got what was blocked as a runner, and not much more. I still hold out some hope for him, but Henderson may end up being the better option after getting acclimated with the playbook and staff.

Every RB Powell has played with, is essentially a scrub for one reason or another. 

Until now. 
I know you’re mostly schtick, but this is not even close to true. Tomlinson was not prime LT2 but was still very solid as a Jet, Chris Ivory was an above average back during his prime and Chris Johnson had some juice left. Heck Shonn Greene had some big playoff moments at least, and had a great size/speed combo albeit with no natural instincts.

Ignoring all that what difference would it make if Powell only played with scrubs?

Bilal Powell has had a solid career and has improved tremendously over the course of his career. He’s the typical, “jack of all trades, master of none”. He’s good at every aspect of the position, but not a standout back in any aspect either.

I saw Crowell as an average to slightly above average back as well during his time in Cleveland - and this looks like another season where the Jets split backfield carries and ride the “hot hand” which has been the m.o. under Bowles. If I had to pick one or the other to take over the backfield, I’d go with Crowell but trying to undersell Powell does the community no good, as they should know he’s likely to stick around all season and see a good chunk of work in the backfield. For fantasy, they should only be flex plays or depth.

For fantasy, they should only be flex plays or depth.
There is where Dr. Octopus makes the big bucks. I'm not going to tell you, because of the varying league formats, what they should be, but cot damn if you all don't need to know it generalized. And he's right. These guys, right now, are flexes, if they're even that.  

I think I think they're better backs than he does, though. 

My two cents on the deal. 

There is where Dr. Octopus makes the big bucks. I'm not going to tell you, because of the varying league formats, what they should be, but cot damn if you all don't need to know it generalized. And he's right. These guys, right now, are flexes, if they're even that.  

I think I think they're better backs than he does, though. 

My two cents on the deal. 
Yes, I should clarify in 12 teams leagues they should only be seen as Flex options, the larger the leagues the less choices one has sometimes.

Crowell looked pretty good on that monster run. Great speed and vision.

Looked pretty good running the ball throughout the game. 

Powell and him are definitely in a nice rotation and the Detroit defense looked like poo.

Have them both and that certainly didn’t clear anything up. Both played well so can only see a RBBC going forward. 
True.  The burst Crowell showed tonight on the long TD similar to what you saw in Cleveland...multiple high ypc games where negative game scripts limited his carries.  But lots of low floor games.  When Jets hit those negative game scripts--and they will--Powell benefits in PPR

Yeah, all last night showed is that in a non-RBBC committee, the Jets have an RB1. Twenty-eight points combined, standard. Not bad. 

Crowell had 22 or so

Powell had 6.5 or so

Even split on touches for the most part, and nothing needed to be solved about who was the bell cow because of the way the game broke.  

Bump on this 

Crowell went 16-34 against the Browns, two touchdowns and a butt wipe of a celebration that was a bit disgusting. 

Powell went 14-73 and outran Crowell.

They both played against stacked boxes because the Jets won't throw the ball more than ten yards downfield unless Terrelle Pryor beats the guy by ten yards. 

Robbie Anderson means nothing to this offense right now. It's stacked boxes galore.  

Users who are viewing this thread