What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jimmy G is on the WW-Drop Dalton? (1 Viewer)

BigBlue_RI

Footballguy
A newbie owner in my league dropped Garapolo yesterday, and he is on waivers until tomorrow. Right now I have Stafford as my QB1, Dalton as my 2. With Red Rifle playing tonight, I will have to cut him before TNF to place my bid in on Jimmy G. Stafford's MNF has me concerned about the Lions, so a 2nd option QB is a good idea. Do you consider this an upgrade on my QB2, and how much would you bid? I've got $91 left on my FAAB budget after Tuesday night's waiver run, 9th out of 12 in priority order. If I don't get Dalton, the pool consists of guys like Tannehill, Bortles, Foles, Trubisky, Darnold, Flacco and Derek Carr.

You can't get hurt by doing it, worst case you end up with another QB on par with Dalton. No idea what to bid because we don't know your league and how many other teams may be bidding on him.

Dalton is a matchup only guy, so cutting him is an easy call. Garoppolo is a big upgrade, and frankly Dalton is similar to the other guys in the pool. Also, Stafford makes me a lot less nervous than Dalton. 

Thanks guys. I dropped Dalton and placed a $12 bid on Garoppolo. Not sure that will be enough but the owners in my league don't tend to bid high for players (our budget to start the season is $100). Kicking myself for bidding $9 on Ebron to be a backup TE to Jimmy Graham earlier in the week.

Users who are viewing this thread