What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jimmy Graham to Seattle! OFFICIAL (1 Viewer)

ghostguy123 said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:
TJ Housh was great then went to Seattle on a huge deal, then he was never heard from again.

Sidney Rice played great for Vikes signed huge deal, career over and never came close to what he did.

Percy Harvin Joins Seattle on a big deal and is non existent

Jimmy Graham goes to Seattle and ??

Bottom line receivers go there to be non existent

As someone who is heavily invested in both Maclin and Graham this has been horrible. I really cant think of a much worse place for a TE to go... Have fun blocking for Lynch, Graham.
Really, really bad logic here. Sorry
Pathetic, really.
Lol sorry for your loss..haha oh it's "pathetic" dude you look like a joke, stop crying.

Anyways what I stated above has nothing to do with logic it's "fact" and is a clear pattern. Please tell me what's pathetic about the truth. Try and spin this anyway you want but you calling my post pathetic when all I stated was fact makes you look well, pathetic.

Now puff away with you

ghostguy123 said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:
TJ Housh was great then went to Seattle on a huge deal, then he was never heard from again.

Sidney Rice played great for Vikes signed huge deal, career over and never came close to what he did.

As someone who is heavily invested in both Maclin and Graham this has been horrible. I really cant think of a much worse place for a TE to go... Have fun blocking for Lynch, Graham.
Pathetic, really.
Lol sorry for your loss..haha oh it's "pathetic" dude you look like a joke, stop crying. Anyways what I stated above has nothing to do with logic it's "fact" and is a clear pattern. Please tell me what's pathetic about the truth. Try and spin this anyway you want but you calling my post pathetic when all I stated was fact makes you look well, pathetic.

Now puff away with you
Guessing you missed this post..
This is lazy analysis. First of all, it is a small sample size. Beyond that:

Housh was 32, went there when Mora was HC, and put up nearly identical performance in SEA as in CIN the previous season (92/904/4 vs. 79/911/3).

Rice had exactly 1 quality season, with Favre; then he missed 25 games due to injury over the next 4 seasons before retiring.

Harvin played 6 regular season games in Seattle and had an attitude/character issue bad enough to get traded midseason.

None of that has any predictive value for Graham in Seattle. It is more useful to try to project how many offensive plays they will have, how many pass attempts, how the targets will be divided, and how Graham will perform with his targets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Max Unger has missed a lot of playing time to numerous injuries in the last two seasons. He's a good center, either top 10 or top 5, but he's no guarantee to stay healthy. As a Hawk fan I'm actually more concerned about losing depth on the line than losing Unger himself.

So who becomes the TE to own on the Aints? Josh Hill?
Right this moment, yes. I don't think the Saints will have a fantasy-helpful TE this season, though. No one who'll deliver consistent points, anyway. The "Jimmy Graham" role is not one that necessarily has to be replaced by another 100+ target TE.

biju said:
Love this trade. Unger was hurt a majority of last year and Jeanpierre and Lewis (#3 guy) were actually alright in his stead. This feels more like a 1st for Graham and a 4th to me--good stuff. Plus with Unger and Zach Miller off the books this doesn't greatly affect the cap and signing Wilson to a long-term deal.

Excellent move.
That's kind of ridiculous. Time will tell how great the trade is and for whom, but if Seattle traded Unger for a fourth you'd be furious.
Actually there was rumor Unger was going to be a cap casualty based on his cap hit and how often he's injured, and if that was the case a 4th for someone we would have outright cut is great.

I'm less worried about the landing spot than I am about WHY the Saints let him go. If they were confident he could return to his 2013 form, there's no way they do this. It doesn't even save them much cap space if I understand correctly. :oldunsure:

I'm less worried about the landing spot than I am about WHY the Saints let him go. If they were confident he could return to his 2013 form, there's no way they do this. It doesn't even save them much cap space if I understand correctly. :oldunsure:
I seriously wonder if they think he's damaged goods. They kept a washed up Colston and then traded away Graham. Doesn't make sense to me unless they think his injury problems will continue.

So who becomes the TE to own on the Aints? Josh Hill?
Right this moment, yes. I don't think the Saints will have a fantasy-helpful TE this season, though. No one who'll deliver consistent points, anyway. The "Jimmy Graham" role is not one that necessarily has to be replaced by another 100+ target TE.
Hill feels like this year's version of Toilolo.

ghostguy123 said:
Billy Ball Thorton said:

Pathetic, really.
Lol sorry for your loss..haha oh it's "pathetic" dude you look like a joke, stop crying.

Anyways what I stated above has nothing to do with logic it's "fact" and is a clear pattern. Please tell me what's pathetic about the truth. Try and spin this anyway you want but you calling my post pathetic when all I stated was fact makes you look well, pathetic.

Now puff away with you
Well for one thing he ain't spending much time blocking.

yeah, it's a very odd trade, but doesn't he have to pass a physical as part of it?

there was some report that the saints were calling around saying anybody is available --- are they launching into some kind of full on rebuild already?

IIt doesn't even save [the Saints] much cap space if I understand correctly. :oldunsure:
Other way around, even -- it ended up being a $2.5 M cap hit (with Unger's 2015 salary accounted for).

However, the trade saves the Saints a lot of cap room over 2016 & 2017. I am interested to see what Seattle does with Graham's financials over the next few seasons. NFL teams typically find a way, but resources are limited for everyone and not every mouth can be fed.

I seriously wonder if [the Saints] think [Graham s] damaged goods. They kept a washed up Colston and then traded away Graham. Doesn't make sense to me unless they think his injury problems will continue.
There are a few things going on that have not been made totally public, and thus exist only in the realm of "rumor". On top of general injury concerns:

- It's rumored that the 2014 contract negotiations between the team and Graham got personal, especially between Payton and Graham.

- Graham was rumored to dog it during practices last season

- Graham was rumored to not be willing to play through injury last season (and part of 2013)

- Graham was rumored to be a divisive voice in the locker-room last season, purportedly stemming from bad feelings during the contract dispute

- Graham's play during the Pro Bowl to "test his shoulder" was rumored to have infuriated Sean Payton.

- It's rumored that while the Saints paid Graham what they had to pay him to keep him last season, he wasn't "budgeted" for that much money (were counting on TE-level franchise tag + maybe 15%) and so was something of a financial issue for the team's books per Mickey Loomis

Personally, I believe all of that. Others may feel free to differ.

IIt doesn't even save [the Saints] much cap space if I understand correctly. :oldunsure:
Other way around, even -- it ended up being a $2.5 M cap hit (with Unger's 2015 salary accounted for).

However, the trade saves the Saints a lot of cap room over 2016 & 2017. I am interested to see what Seattle does with Graham's financials over the next few seasons. NFL teams typically find a way, but resources are limited for everyone and not every mouth can be fed.
Colston's salary in 2016 is $6.9M, Graham's is $8.9M.

They could have kept Graham for almost the same money they are giving Colston.

The Saints also took a $9M in dead money to get rid of Graham. No way they do this if they believe in his health.

The Saints also took a $9M in dead money to get rid of Graham. No way they do this if they believe in his health.
The overall thrust of your post makes sense to me -- I just think the Saints stopped believing in Graham for more reasons than strictly health.

Is that Colston number in red still accurate? Colston took a pay-cut deal this past weekend, and as of yesterday afternoon, the details had not been released.

There's an awful lot of over reaction going on here. Russell Wilson is an ascending talent. The Seahawks have been largely a run based team under Carroll, but look what they've had to work with. A young QB, dregs at WR and TE, and a pro bowl running back. Harvin is really the only talented guy they've had, and he was hurt and a locker room cancer for his short time there. Graham will offer Wilson something that he hasn't had to date.

I don't expect the Seahawks to suddenly throw the ball 600 times. I would expect them to take away some of the rushing attempts from Wilson though. They might also be looking to ease the workload on a soon to be 29 year old Lynch. They also may know this is Lynch's last year playing football.

Plenty of reasons to think that Jimmy Graham may approach his normal number of targets. I'm not saying his value didn't get dinged. Just that its not all doom and gloom here.

As for the Saints, my guess is they may believe their window for winning a Super Bowl may be closed for this group. Brees is now 36 and may be in the start of his decline. The Saints may feel he's only got another couple of years left, and they don't have enough around him to make a run, especially given their situation with the cap. I would think they could still get a 1st plus for Brees. If Brees is gone, I'd much rather have Graham catching passes from Wilson than whatever the Saints may trot out there at QB.

The Saints also have to adhere to the salary cap floor. So they may be selling off their parts that can give them quality picks. Nobody would give them squat for Colston.

The overall thrust of your post makes sense to me -- I just think the Saints stopped believing in Graham for more reasons than strictly health.

Is that Colston number in red still accurate? Colston took a pay-cut deal this past weekend, and as of yesterday afternoon, the details had not been released.
Good point. I was using Spotrac and according to them his 2015/2016 salaries are actually $6.9M/$7.7M.

ETA: his new deal was released today:

Marques Colston accepted a significant reduction in salary to remain with the Saints.

By reworking his contract, Colston dropped his overall cap charge for 2015 from $9.7 million to $6.5 million, according to a source. Overall, he’ll receive $3.8 million in salary and bonuses.

Colston has base salaries of $1.445 million in 2015 and $2.65 million in 2016.

biju said:
Love this trade. Unger was hurt a majority of last year and Jeanpierre and Lewis (#3 guy) were actually alright in his stead. This feels more like a 1st for Graham and a 4th to me--good stuff. Plus with Unger and Zach Miller off the books this doesn't greatly affect the cap and signing Wilson to a long-term deal.

Excellent move.
That's kind of ridiculous. Time will tell how great the trade is and for whom, but if Seattle traded Unger for a fourth you'd be furious.
Actually there was rumor Unger was going to be a cap casualty based on his cap hit and how often he's injured, and if that was the case a 4th for someone we would have outright cut is great.
Per Shefter the trade talks started in the first place because Payton wanted Unger.

biju said:

Excellent move.
Per Shefter the trade talks started in the first place because Payton wanted Unger.
Carroll - "We're planning to cut him but I'll give you the #32 pick in the draft for the 2nd best TE in football. Deal?"

I seriously wonder if [the Saints] think [Graham s] damaged goods. They kept a washed up Colston and then traded away Graham. Doesn't make sense to me unless they think his injury problems will continue.
There are a few things going on that have not been made totally public, and thus exist only in the realm of "rumor". On top of general injury concerns:

- It's rumored that the 2014 contract negotiations between the team and Graham got personal, especially between Payton and Graham.

- Graham was rumored to not be willing to play through injury last season (and part of 2013)

- Graham was rumored to be a divisive voice in the locker-room last season, purportedly stemming from bad feelings during the contract dispute

- Graham's play during the Pro Bowl to "test his shoulder" was rumored to have infuriated Sean Payton.

- It's rumored that while the Saints paid Graham what they had to pay him to keep him last season, he wasn't "budgeted" for that much money (were counting on TE-level franchise tag + maybe 15%) and so was something of a financial issue for the team's books per Mickey Loomis

I can believe most of that, especially the part about it getting contentious during his contract talks. In that pre-season game when Graham double dunked on the goalpost I got a sense not all was merry between Graham and the Saints, it kind of struck me as an act of pure defiance.

But the bolded parts above are a bit of a disconnect for me. Granted I can see the Saints issue that someone so bothered by a shoulder all season would play in the Pro-Bowl. But I can't see how Payton can question Grahams toughness to play with pain and have an issue with him participating in the pro-bowl about a month after the season. The disconnect being if his shoulder was never much of an issue I would not see why Payton would care, if he's upset Graham played in the Pro-Bowl that just indicates to me that Graham was dealing with a shoulder issue all season-one that he played through.

To me Graham looked to be in considerable pain most of the last season and a good part of the previous season but he always played. Not long after the trade went down yesterday Times Picayune comes out with a story questioning his toughness and alluding to that being part of the reason for the trade. Again that's a disconnect for me because he played through his injuries. It's not like the Julius Thomas situation where he was not playing.

Seattle fans will love his attitude and how he plays on the field, he will fit them to a tee. He's also a great guy with a great story, good luck to Jimmy and thanks for everything.

One other thing as I was mulling this over last night. If you really don't like Jimmy's landing spot then you'll hope Seattle does not redo his deal for cap or appeasement purposes.

If there is one thing these past few weeks have taught me it's not in today's NFL trades happen and it's hard to find a more aggressive team than Seattle.

So yes while it's premature to even bring up the idea of Seattle trading Graham right after they got him I think it should be mentioned that his contract kind of makes him easy to move in the sense that Seattle paid no bonus so if they ever move on it would cost them nothing but free up space. His contract is also so low this season almost any team in the league could fit him in if they wanted to do an season deal like we saw with Harvin.

This is all relevant to me when you look at Seattle's dealings with Harvin and the team makeup. They are obviously good without Graham and have other players to pay and they have a solid team chemistry. If he's out there making a huge difference to the offense in the way I think he can than it's all good. But if we are concerned of a lack of use, and this proves to be true, I think that will find a way of working itself out. Let's say he's a 70/800/8-10 TD kind of guy. Will that be worth $8.9 million to them in 2016? I tend to think not, especially he's not a toe the line kind of guy or just outright complaining about a lack of us. So I look at this situation and think if he's not a game changing highly involved presence he won't be there long anyway, if even the entire season.

seattle super bowl favs?
Calling my shot: not nearly.

NO got Graham's bext career years at the best value. He'll flash good games now and again, but his body is not cooperating with him anymore.

Call me a homer. Just not a big believer in Graham going forward.
They added the best receiving TE in the NFL and easily one of the top 5 red zone targets as well, while losing the 31st pick in the draft, and a Center that's been hurt for over 40% of the games the past 2 seasons, which they had HFA in the tougher of the two conferences. Graham hasn't missed any games in the past 2 years, even if he wasn't healthy. He was still catching TD's and acting a decoy.

You can argue that Seattle won't win the Super Bowl, and chances are you'd be right (so don't go patting yourself on the back) because how many preseason favorites actually win the whole thing? Seattle was already the favorites before this past week. With Seattle adding Graham, and NE losing Revis and Browner. They have, without a doubt, the best chance of any one team to get to SB50 and win it. That sounds like a favorite to me.

COulda sworn at this time last year all indications pointed towards Seattle running into cap issues.

Now Lynch signs huge and they get Graham.

Alrighty then
That's because you haven't been paying attention. They were overpaying guys like Percy Harvin, Zach Miller, Sidney Rice, Chris Clemons, Red Bryant, etc.

They have, without a doubt, the best chance of any one team to get to SB50 and win it. That sounds like a favorite to me.
You could say that about any team you unilaterally declare has the "best chance."

"The Tennessee Titans have, without a doubt, the best chance of any one team to get to SB50 and win it. That sounds like a favorite to me."

:shrug:

SEA has fundamentally altered the recipe that made them consistently difficult to beat for the last two and a half seasons. It's always intriguing when a great player goes to a good team, but on the surface, it seems like an awkward fit, and seems to detract from the team's core strengths. There's gonna be some show-me involved, here, for a lot of us.

They have, without a doubt, the best chance of any one team to get to SB50 and win it. That sounds like a favorite to me.
You could say that about any team you unilaterally declare has the "best chance."

"The Tennessee Titans have, without a doubt, the best chance of any one team to get to SB50 and win it. That sounds like a favorite to me."

SEA has fundamentally altered the recipe that made them consistently difficult to beat for the last two and a half seasons. It's always intriguing when a great player goes to a good team, but on the surface, it seems like an awkward fit, and seems to detract from the team's core strengths. There's gonna be some show-me involved, here, for a lot of us.
They added a dominant TE and replaced Byron Maxwell with Cary Williams, am I missing something?

This doesn't make any sense.

On your first point: huh? I'd like to hear an argument for any team over Seattle as favorites. Vegas agrees with me as well.

Also, I don't blame you if you aren't convinced. Tell me how they've fundamentally altered anything? Unger has missed 40% of the games the past 2 seasons. It does no one any good when Unger plays well enough in camp to win the job, and then gets injured in week 2 of the season, forcing backups to play half of the season. Unger has been a cap casualty possibility either this year or the next anyways.

As to how this should enhance the "recipe" that makes them consistently difficult to beat, I'll quote Jacson Bevens of Fieldgulls:

Despite Lynch's prowess, his career TD conversion rate from the one yard line is 42.9% (44.8% in Seattle, 37.5% with Wilson). Now, Seattle forces defenses to choose the evil less terrifying- stacking the box to stop Lynch and letting Graham go one on one with an undersized defender or double Graham and take their chances at beating Lynch with even numbers. And that still doesn't account for the double-edged blade of Wilson out of play-action/read-option. With a single penstroke, the Seahawks, already one of the most formidable rosters in recent league history, not only addressed a dire need but did so resoundingly.

On your first point: huh? I'd like to hear an argument for any team over Seattle as favorites. Vegas agrees with me as well.

Also, I don't blame you if you aren't convinced. Tell me how they've fundamentally altered anything? Unger has missed 40% of the games the past 2 seasons. It does no one any good when Unger plays well enough in camp to win the job, and then gets injured in week 2 of the season, forcing backups to play half of the season. Unger has been a cap casualty possibility either this year or the next anyways.

As to how this should enhance the "recipe" that makes them consistently difficult to beat, I'll quote Jacson Bevens of Fieldgulls:

Despite Lynch's prowess, his career TD conversion rate from the one yard line is 42.9% (44.8% in Seattle, 37.5% with Wilson). Now, Seattle forces defenses to choose the evil less terrifying- stacking the box to stop Lynch and letting Graham go one on one with an undersized defender or double Graham and take their chances at beating Lynch with even numbers. And that still doesn't account for the double-edged blade of Wilson out of play-action/read-option. With a single penstroke, the Seahawks, already one of the most formidable rosters in recent league history, not only addressed a dire need but did so resoundingly.
Defenses don't need to double Graham - they'll just put their best cover corner on him. Teams didn't always do that against New Orleans because the passing game was pretty good - you had to deal with Brees, Cooks, Colston, and guys coming out of the backfield catching balls. Against Seattle there isn't as much of a throwing/receiving threat so defensive backs can focus on Graham a bit more.

I expect teams to play man coverage a lot against SEA next year and make Russell complete in contested windows, while keeping 7 in the box for Lynch. Graham will probably have his best games against the top cornerbacks who are a little undersized (Sam Shields, for example... unlike Browner or Revis who will probably just play man and shut him down, making them win with Lynch).

Defenses don't need to double Graham - they'll just put their best cover corner on him. Teams didn't always do that against New Orleans because the passing game was pretty good - you had to deal with Brees, Cooks, Colston, and guys coming out of the backfield catching balls. Against Seattle there isn't as much of a throwing/receiving threat so defensive backs can focus on Graham a bit more.

I expect teams to play man coverage a lot against SEA next year and make Russell complete in contested windows, while keeping 7 in the box for Lynch. Graham will probably have his best games against the top cornerbacks who are a little undersized (Sam Shields, for example... unlike Browner or Revis who will probably just play man and shut him down, making them win with Lynch).
That sounds like an unsuccessful recipe for success against SEA to me, but we shall see. RE: keeping 7 in the box. Lynch and Wilson on read option, already takes one player out of the play to account for Wilson. I highly doubt a defense is going to have 6 players in the box to stop Lynch.

seattle super bowl favs?
You can argue that Seattle won't win the Super Bowl, and chances are you'd be right (so don't go patting yourself on the back) because how many preseason favorites actually win the whole thing? Seattle was already the favorites before this past week. With Seattle adding Graham, and NE losing Revis and Browner. They have, without a doubt, the best chance of any one team to get to SB50 and win it. That sounds like a favorite to me.
I took it that shady was asking for personal opinions from the house about SB favorites, and not asking about sports-book favorites.

So, sure, the books like Seattle -- that's readily verifiable.

That sounds like an unsuccessful recipe for success against SEA to me, but we shall see. RE: keeping 7 in the box. Lynch and Wilson on read option, already takes one player out of the play to account for Wilson. I highly doubt a defense is going to have 6 players in the box to stop Lynch.
ok

edit: that was a sarcastic ok

menobrown said:
Doug B said:
cstu said:

I can believe most of that, especially the part about it getting contentious during his contract talks. In that pre-season game when Graham double dunked on the goalpost I got a sense not all was merry between Graham and the Saints, it kind of struck me as an act of pure defiance.

But the bolded parts above are a bit of a disconnect for me. Granted I can see the Saints issue that someone so bothered by a shoulder all season would play in the Pro-Bowl. But I can't see how Payton can question Grahams toughness to play with pain and have an issue with him participating in the pro-bowl about a month after the season. The disconnect being if his shoulder was never much of an issue I would not see why Payton would care, if he's upset Graham played in the Pro-Bowl that just indicates to me that Graham was dealing with a shoulder issue all season-one that he played through.

To me Graham looked to be in considerable pain most of the last season and a good part of the previous season but he always played. Not long after the trade went down yesterday Times Picayune comes out with a story questioning his toughness and alluding to that being part of the reason for the trade. Again that's a disconnect for me because he played through his injuries. It's not like the Julius Thomas situation where he was not playing.
Ha, "Rumor." The Picayune is damned near untrustable when it comes to the Saints; they seem to be the journal to leak front office information, keep it rosey and rarely to never find criticism. It may be that they have cut back so much as a news organization in general. I think we may have had one article in the last 3 years about front office turmoil - the piece 3 years ago about Rita's hiatus which actually may not have actually come from Sports IIRC - and yet look at what transpired. I think some rumors about what is up in Bensonworld are due.

seattle super bowl favs?

NO got Graham's bext career years at the best value. He'll flash good games now and again, but his body is not cooperating with him anymore.

Call me a homer. Just not a big believer in Graham going forward.
They added the best receiving TE in the NFL and easily one of the top 5 red zone targets as well, while losing the 31st pick in the draft, and a Center that's been hurt for over 40% of the games the past 2 seasons, which they had HFA in the tougher of the two conferences. Graham hasn't missed any games in the past 2 years, even if he wasn't healthy. He was still catching TD's and acting a decoy.

They got Gronk too?

menobrown said:
Doug B said:
cstu said:

Ha, "Rumor." The Picayune is damned near untrustable when it comes to the Saints; they seem to be the journal to leak front office information, keep it rosey and rarely to never find criticism. It may be that they have cut back so much as a news organization in general. I think we may have had one article in the last 3 years about front office turmoil - the piece 3 years ago about Rita's hiatus which actually may not have actually come from Sports IIRC - and yet look at what transpired. I think some rumors about what is up in Bensonworld are due.
Just so we are clear, I felt that article yesterday was wholly orchestrated by the Saints as PR hatchet job on Graham. I was close to sending the writer a message telling him I hoped he was promised a good scoop for doing the Saints dirty work. I could tell even the Saints beat writers who disagreed with the move were pretty measured in their responses and for the most part just decided to go along with the positive Saints PR spin.

Are some of you saying the Saints traded Graham because they felt his skills were diminishing and/or they don't think he will be anywhere near as good? Interesting.

They didn't exactly "give" him away, so it's not like they need to think he is about to be washed up to accept a decent C and a 1st round pick for him.

I am not sure of the Saints plan, but if for some reason they did decide to deal Brees (which I cant see happening), then it would make sense to deal other players first, so as to not devalue them. Brees value would not go down even if they told they league they wanted to deal him and they were rebuilding, and HAD to deal him no matter what. Teams would still line up for him.

Are some of you saying the Saints traded Graham because they felt his skills were diminishing and/or they don't think he will be anywhere near as good? Interesting.

They didn't exactly "give" him away, so it's not like they need to think he is about to be washed up to accept a decent C and a 1st round pick for him.

I am not sure of the Saints plan, but if for some reason they did decide to deal Brees (which I cant see happening), then it would make sense to deal other players first, so as to not devalue them. Brees value would not go down even if they told they league they wanted to deal him and they were rebuilding, and HAD to deal him no matter what. Teams would still line up for him.
My thought is not that his skills are diminishing but that they are concerned about his ability to stay healthy.The Seahawks are SB favorites and late 1st's are about 50/50 in getting a good player. Unger is a good center but not close in impact to Graham.

My thought is not that his skills are diminishing but that they are concerned about his ability to stay healthy.The Seahawks are SB favorites and late 1st's are about 50/50 in getting a good player. Unger is a good center but not close in impact to Graham.
He still played fairly well with a busted up shoulder.

he's been one of the top 2 TEs in the league for a few years, even when banged up.

Why would they be worried about that? Not saying you are wrong, but if they really do worry about that, why?

I think there is far more to this deal than just how the SAints feel about Graham as a player moving forward, regarding his health and/or impact or whatever.

He still played fairly well with a busted up shoulder.

he's been one of the top 2 TEs in the league for a few years, even when banged up.

Why would they be worried about that? Not saying you are wrong, but if they really do worry about that, why?

I think there is far more to this deal than just how the SAints feel about Graham as a player moving forward, regarding his health and/or impact or whatever.
I have no idea but trading a player as good as Graham for pretty much peanuts makes no sense. If I try to picture the Chargers trading Antonio Gates at age 29 for what the Saints got it blows my mind. Don't get it at all unless there are injury questions or Graham is a locker room cancer.

Being a locker room cancer would definitely go beyond what they feel about him as a player, so yeah, that COULD be a huge part of it.

Being a locker room cancer would definitely go beyond what they feel about him as a player, so yeah, that COULD be a huge part of it.
Well considering the lack of reports coming out of the media about any fights, disrespect to coaches, teammates, or refusing to enter a game, etc, I think we can stop short of calling Graham a locker room cancer. Percy Harvin is what I could call a locker room cancer.

Well considering the lack of reports coming out of the media about any fights, disrespect to coaches, teammates, or refusing to enter a game, etc, I think we can stop short of calling Graham a locker room cancer. Percy Harvin is what I could call a locker room cancer.
Coulda sworn I did just read some stuff in the past day or so about him not wanting to play hurt, then something else about him pissing off the team by playing in the probowl. And maybe a few other little things as of late.

Who knows, but I have a good feeling more comes of this than just "we the SAints don't like the future prospects of Jimmy on the field, so we traded him".

Maybe it's a total rebuild, maybe they had a falling out, maybe they LOVE the return they got for him, who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread