What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Banyard RB Minnesota Vikings (1 Viewer)

dgr81

Footballguy
Anything to see here?

Probably the starting rb for minnesota now that McKinnon is out for Sunday's game against Carolina.

Might be a good add in PPR leagues.

I was just waiting for the obligatory thread. This guy is a nobody who you could not trust to start for any fantasy team let alone waste a spot on the end of the bench.

Banyard fits the McKinnon mold more so than Asiata/Tate, he actually has some wiggle. Still, we have zero idea how this will play out. I wouldn't feel comfortable trusting any of them.

Banyard did well in pre season and was still cut. Asiata is the start. Banyard will get some touches and he does have very good speed but is not notable in many other areas.

You think he'd start over tate and Asiata?
he had 45 yards on 8 touches and outplayed Mckinnon. tate??? are you serious that guy sucks... Asiata is nothing special.. He's intriguing to say the least in deep dynasty leagues for a desperation flex

Joe Banyard - RB - Vikings

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Matt Vensel considers the Vikings' Week 13 backfield distribution "unclear" with Jerick McKinnon (back) not playing against the Panthers.

Joe Banyard was the only Vikings back left who played last week, gaining 45 yards on eight touches in a loss to Green Bay. He outplayed McKinnon, while Matt Asiata (concussion) was inactive and Ben Tate didn't play at all. Asiata is probably the favorite for playing time against Carolina, but Banyard arguably earned more work. Tate is superfluous on the roster at this point.

Source: Matt Vensel on Twitter

Nov 28 - 3:26 PM

he had 45 yards on 8 touches and outplayed Mckinnon. tate??? are you serious that guy sucks... Asiata is nothing special.. He's intriguing to say the least in deep dynasty leagues for a desperation flex
Hmm. Didn't realize he played last week. Well, I have a team that's going nowhere but I'd like to play spoiler. I think I'll pick him up and start him.

Hmm. Didn't realize he played last week. Well, I have a team that's going nowhere but I'd like to play spoiler. I think I'll pick him up and start him.
yea he is a sleeper. 8 touches for 45 yards... Would be interesting to see him get 13-16 touches and see what he can do. Im having trouble deciding on him or asiata in a desperation play. Asiata,Banyard and Anthony dixon are my choices.. I know sucky right but it's tough because this guy could be decent..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very intrigued by the guy and debating cutting Doug Martin for him (12-team deep league (2 Flex) 0.5 PPR)

Jerry Curl said:
I was just waiting for the obligatory thread. This guy is a nobody who you could not trust to start for any fantasy team let alone waste a spot on the end of the bench.
Interesting. I have watched every Vikings game this year and he has performed above expectations every time he gets a chance. My playoff chances are extinguished so I might start him.

I'm very intrigued by the guy and debating cutting Doug Martin for him (12-team deep league (2 Flex) 0.5 PPR)
I am starting Martin and Banyard this week. :eek:
I have no problem with that.
I do. There is no way I start Martin. Gotta to be a better option.
I'm in a 12-team league, if you drafted Peterson, and owned Hillman and Bradshaw, say, and say don't trust someone like Vereen, it could easily happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
My choices are TRich, MReece or Banyard..........PPR....Makes me ill....UGH!

I'm going with 5 WR this week instead of 2 RBs

Users who are viewing this thread