What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Needs Your Help - Bringing Back The Old MyFBG (2 Viewers)

My rosters in MyFBG Classic don't update and are inaccurate. I've tried syncing them via the red link but it does not accurately update the roster. I have tried unlinking and re-linking, but that didn't work either. And now it just locks up.

Like many here I've been a long time subscriber but this complete FUBAR has me considering dropping FBG. I pay for 2 other premium services and will probably just go with those 2. I can't trust MyFBG to be accurate so I haven't been using that anyways. Money down the drain.

The fact that all we seem to get is "we're working on it" from management is ridiculous.

guys, if you are experiencing syncing issues, please try a different browser there. If it persists, it can only be a firewall related issue there. Email for more help apps@footballguys.com - I will get back to people there as soon as I can.

Rosters don't sync automatically in the background - you need to use the links on MyFBG Classic to update them.

We have continuing plans for how to improve the service further here with more upgrades planned for the future.

My rosters in MyFBG Classic don't update and are inaccurate. I've tried syncing them via the red link but it does not accurately update the roster. I have tried unlinking and re-linking, but that didn't work either. And now it just locks up.

Like many here I've been a long time subscriber but this complete FUBAR has me considering dropping FBG. I pay for 2 other premium services and will probably just go with those 2. I can't trust MyFBG to be accurate so I haven't been using that anyways. Money down the drain.

The fact that all we seem to get is "we're working on it" from management is ridiculous.
Please let me know your username via email at apps@footballguys or here on PM and I can look into it

Not sure what line of work you are in but in my business if you provide an absolute ####ty service or product customers complain
They have  had great products at an unbelievable  cheap price for almost two decades now.  There were software improvements and everything didn't go 100% as planned. That happens in life.  You know the FBG team is working their asses off to get things as close to perfect as possible. 

Have a nice season, guy.

We know we've made mistakes. We really appreciate the patience people have given us and trust me, we are working tirelessly to try to make this as stable and reliable as possible. We're not a huge company - we don't have individual testing, support, development and management departments. We will make internal changes to be more efficient in the future with more automations and testing etc but again: thanks for the patience, we're doing all we can here. I think things are in a much better state than they were before Friday's release. It's not perfect yet and we'll continue to work on it while getting the help to those who need it.

Simon Shepherd said:
try on my.footballguys.com - export from personalized rankings
Doesn't work.  Rosters also not syncing correctly.  Chrome or IE.  I'm all out of patience at this point.

Simon Shepherd said:
We know we've made mistakes. We really appreciate the patience people have given us and trust me, we are working tirelessly to try to make this as stable and reliable as possible. We're not a huge company - we don't have individual testing, support, development and management departments. We will make internal changes to be more efficient in the future with more automations and testing etc but again: thanks for the patience, we're doing all we can here. I think things are in a much better state than they were before Friday's release. It's not perfect yet and we'll continue to work on it while getting the help to those who need it.
Please clarify for me. Are you working to make classic work or are you still trying to make the "new" system work? I thought the point of this thread was Joe trying to get back to the original "classic"? Is that what you're working on? The original classic worked fine and it's what I have used/relied on for years. I'll be happy if classic is brought back the way it was. At least I trusted it to work. The only real change I would make to it would be the ability to import scoring, which I know can be done as other sites are doing it. I know nobody is perfect, but this should have been tested for at least a year or more before releasing it. IMHO.

Like others, I am frustrated that we are in week 2 of the regular season, and the product still isn't working properly.

I have 5 leagues. It randomly loses/resets settings in those leagues, such that every time I use it I am now compelled to go to each league and check/correct lineup and scoring settings. I don't even know how long those corrections persist, so not 100% sure that making those changes is giving me the benefit of all of the changes.

This is something I never worried about in the past, so it is a new problem that has been introduced. A major problem.

FBG has a long history of good content and tools, which is why it became popular in the first place. Unfortunately, it also has a long history of overhyping their next big thing and missing deadlines. Those were two separate issues in the past, but they have unfortunately been brought together in spectacular fashion in this fiasco.

I don't have the time to go to many different fantasy football sites and have been exclusively using FBG for the past 15 years or so. This issue is forcing me to reconsider the competition. I expect FBG will lose a non-trivial amount of business over this.

Like others, I am frustrated that we are in week 2 of the regular season, and the product still isn't working properly.

I have 5 leagues. It randomly loses/resets settings in those leagues, such that every time I use it I am now compelled to go to each league and check/correct lineup and scoring settings. I don't even know how long those corrections persist, so not 100% sure that making those changes is giving me the benefit of all of the changes.

This is something I never worried about in the past, so it is a new problem that has been introduced. A major problem.

FBG has a long history of good content and tools, which is why it became popular in the first place. Unfortunately, it also has a long history of overhyping their next big thing and missing deadlines. Those were two separate issues in the past, but they have unfortunately been brought together in spectacular fashion in this fiasco.

I don't have the time to go to many different fantasy football sites and have been exclusively using FBG for the past 15 years or so. This issue is forcing me to reconsider the competition. I expect FBG will lose a non-trivial amount of business over this.
This is what it boils down to. If I can't trust that the rosters are updating correctly, how can I trust that it is importing the correct scoring for my league? And if I can't trust it is importing the correct scoring for my league, how can I trust the Top 200 Forward or the Weekly Cheat Sheet or Projections?

If I have to spend the time to double check that everything is working correctly than I might as well spend that time going to the other premium sites I subscribe to and can trust.

Simon Shepherd said:
guys, if you are experiencing syncing issues, please try a different browser there. If it persists, it can only be a firewall related issue there. Email for more help apps@footballguys.com - I will get back to people there as soon as I can.
No matter how much the devs like to blame the firewall (in any environment), it is very seldom to blame.

In cases where it is, the firewall is often made the scapegoat of poor design.

In this particular case, where all the logging in and syncing is being moved from the FBG servers to the customer's browser, where it is being stored in cache for the customer to troubleshoot, it ain't the firewall what's broke.

The bolded statement is false.  That conclusion might only be true in fewer than ten percent of cases.  Certainly not the majority.  Most certainly not all, as is stated.

Syncing issues exist.  Syncing issues remain.  Syncing issues are a necessary feature of the new design.

This isn't the cloud.  Insofar as most folks have come to understand the cloud, this is the exact opposite of the cloud.

Rather than offloading the logging in and syncing from the client to the server (what people call "the cloud"), the new design pushes those transactions back to the client.

gianmarco said:
In case you aren't aware, rosters used to sync automatically.  That's a lost functionality.
What he said.

Please email me with your account username, apps@footballguys.com. I'll see if I can recreate. I suspect this is down to some syncing issues that I hope the last release resolved; but I have to be vague there until I have the details and I can check for myself.

We're not done making improvements and changes here.

Thanks again for everyone's feedback. It's been a very tough couple of months here. There's a lot of mistakes we won't be making again, and an awful lot of things we'll be continuing to put right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else still having issues with syncing? Saw they changed the way to sync rosters. Did that this morning, but still not correct.

Eh, not good if we have to manually sync every time we looks at a list to ensure rosters are accurate. 

Simon, your note is very nice. However I'll guess about 50 subscribers will read it at most. I'm still waiting for the "state of the union" type communication to all subscribers. What's taking so long?

Eh, not good if we have to manually sync every time we looks at a list to ensure rosters are accurate. 

Simon, your note is very nice. However I'll guess about 50 subscribers will read it at most. I'm still waiting for the "state of the union" type communication to all subscribers. What's taking so long?
I know Joe had drafted something up he was set to send out over the weekend, about these changes and MyFBG. I'm not 100% on if it got sent - if it didn't then there should be something soon.

On the link, I would bookmark this as your entry point to MyFBG Classic: http://my.footballguys.com/?returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsubscribers.footballguys.com%2Fmyfbg%2Fmy.php&uid=94256#licaexportall rosters will always then be updated. As waivers should be closed you should only need to do that once between the start of MNF and resolution of waivers.

I know Joe had drafted something up he was set to send out over the weekend, about these changes and MyFBG. I'm not 100% on if it got sent - if it didn't then there should be something soon.

On the link, I would bookmark this as your entry point to MyFBG Classic: http://my.footballguys.com/?returnurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsubscribers.footballguys.com%2Fmyfbg%2Fmy.php&uid=94256#licaexportall rosters will always then be updated. As waivers should be closed you should only need to do that once between the start of MNF and resolution of waivers.
Yes, I sent out an email to all the Insider PRO subscribers with Adam's articles on how to get the most out of FBG which has a ton of how to use MyFBG Classic. 

We've had a handful of people that needed help. Houston, if there's something specific we can help with, please shoot an email to apps@footballguys.com with your info and they'll see if they can help.

Thanks. And thanks again to everyone for the help as we worked through this.

J

Joe,  I'm talking about addressing subscribers specific to what has gone on over the last month. A "state of the union" as I said earlier. I've asked this many times, but it's been ignored enough that I'll assume it will never happen. These random comments that pop up from you, Simon, etc. are nice. However, I'm shocked that FBG has yet to provide updates, apologies, future plans to its subscriber base in a direct piece. 

Emails about the DFS split didn't cover this, emails about how to maximize your fbg subscription didn't cover this, and emails about how to navigate around the broken myFBG barely dipped a toe into the water of what needed to be said. 

How do I tag Simon and Joe in this message? I'd like to make sure they read it?

@Joe Bryant  @Simon Shepherd

Joe,  I'm talking about addressing subscribers specific to what has gone on over the last month. A "state of the union" as I said earlier. I've asked this many times, but it's been ignored enough that I'll assume it will never happen. These random comments that pop up from you, Simon, etc. are nice. However, I'm shocked that FBG has yet to provide updates, apologies, future plans to its subscriber base in a direct piece. 

Emails about the DFS split didn't cover this, emails about how to maximize your fbg subscription didn't cover this, and emails about how to navigate around the broken myFBG barely dipped a toe into the water of what needed to be said. 

@Joe Bryant @Simon Shepherd

You type in @ and then the poster's name.  Should start showing their avatar in the gui when you have typed enough

It's frustrating enough that the site still isn't syncing correctly/ automatically. It's even more frustrating when i'm told to send an email in this thread and my emails constantly fall on deaf ears.

Sent email on 8/25 - no response

followed up again on 8/29 - no response

followed up again on 9/13 - guess what...no response. 

While i'm not one to complain, the lack of transparency & communication is really what is upsetting to me. Things happen and issues come up. We all get you're doing your best to fix them, but the fact that the communication here is sporadic at best is my main pain point.

While i'm not one to complain, the lack of transparency & communication is really what is upsetting to me. Things happen and issues come up. We all get you're doing your best to fix them, but the fact that the communication here is sporadic at best is my main pain point.
Agreed.  I think I'll move on to another site next year.  It seems like these guys are mostly focused on DFS now anyway.

Looks like they have a new large red circled instructions to sync and it works for me in chrome.

Here is how I got it to sync before the last fix: hit the sync, when it stalls hit the my leagues button at the bottom left.  Each league has a sync button at the top.  If you can get to your leagues settings in the could the individual sync buttons for each league always worked for me.

It's frustrating enough that the site still isn't syncing correctly/ automatically. It's even more frustrating when i'm told to send an email in this thread and my emails constantly fall on deaf ears.

Sent email on 8/25 - no response

followed up again on 8/29 - no response

followed up again on 9/13 - guess what...no response. 

Hi 4th. 

Are you emailing to apps@footballguys.com? Something is off somewhere as they are responding to all emails.

Can you try again? Or send to Bryant@footballguys.com and I'll forward it to them? Thanks.

J

Hi 4th. 

Are you emailing to apps@footballguys.com? Something is off somewhere as they are responding to all emails.

Can you try again? Or send to Bryant@footballguys.com and I'll forward it to them? Thanks.

J
@Joe Bryant

initial email was sent to "myfbg-sync@footballguys.com" as was requested pages ago. sent again today to  "apps@footballguys.com" per Simon's request

on a side note, where did the "Top 200 Forward" go this week? Not only is there no hyper-link, it's not even listed on the "week 3 content"

@Joe Bryant  @Simon Shepherd
Hi Houston,

I'm not sure what would be in a "State Of The Union" that isn't here. We tried to implement a new version of the MyFBG that we had problems with. It just simply wasn't ready. We scrambled and went back to the old MyFBG we'd had in the past. It was painful for users and for us.

I apologized. We listened and made the decision to go back to the old MyFBG like we did. Many folks here were a big help and we thanked them for that. That's well documented here. We're now onto the season and trying to deliver all the content we've promised just like we always do. 

I'm sorry that our State of the Union is pretty boring but I'm not sure what else is to be said. We made a mistake in trying to roll out something that wasn't ready enough. Apologized. Fixed the mistake and now are doing what we've promised to do in deliver the content people signed up for. It's kind of boring but that's where we are.

J

@Joe Bryant

initial email was sent to "myfbg-sync@footballguys.com" as was requested pages ago. sent again today to  "apps@footballguys.com" per Simon's request

on a side note, where did the "Top 200 Forward" go this week? Not only is there no hyper-link, it's not even listed on the "week 3 content"
What is your email address so I can have them search for it?

And Top 200 Forward is on the way. 

J

Been trying to sync all day and no dice.  Worked perfect last week.  Restarted my computer, my browser, logged out multiple times.  Nothing fixes it, just stuck in an endless Syncing loop.

Looks to be the current version of google chrome giving syncing issues.  Just did it fine on Firefox.

See, I think this is where the disconnect is. While FBG listened and reverted back to the old MyFBG, it still isn't working correctly for lots of folks. But, I get the feeling that Joe believes it is.

I can attest that it is working for me, though with some jump arounds. I sync my rosters from the new my.footballguys.com page (which I never deleted my original shortcut to...) and once done with that I then head over to classic to utilize the features. I never try to sync rosters from the classic provided links.....they've not worked for me in the past.

Hi Houston,

I'm not sure what would be in a "State Of The Union" that isn't here. We tried to implement a new version of the MyFBG that we had problems with. It just simply wasn't ready. We scrambled and went back to the old MyFBG we'd had in the past. It was painful for users and for us.

I apologized. We listened and made the decision to go back to the old MyFBG like we did. Many folks here were a big help and we thanked them for that. That's well documented here. We're now onto the season and trying to deliver all the content we've promised just like we always do. 

I'm sorry that our State of the Union is pretty boring but I'm not sure what else is to be said. We made a mistake in trying to roll out something that wasn't ready enough. Apologized. Fixed the mistake and now are doing what we've promised to do in deliver the content people signed up for. It's kind of boring but that's where we are.

J
Prove me wrong and I'll totally own it, but other than some message board apologies, I don't recall seeing a direct message to all subscribers that outlined the problems, explained the fix, and spoke about what was being done to avoid in the future. 

Sure there were some how to troubleshoot FBG links buried in bullets D, E, F of daily emails in early September. I wouldn't call that a direct apology.

Sure the myFBG page evolved over the last few weeks to now show lots of bright red text to show how to troubleshoot, again providing a fix but not exactly explaining what went down.

Read through this thread, you'll see lots of frustration and comments about lack of transparency, and lack of communication. It is kind of you and your staff to have micro level interactions with users, and you rarely see that from other companies. However, think about all of the users that have experienced frustrations with your product during the most important month of the fantasy year. And think about all of the users who spend no time on these message boards and have no knowledge of your efforts over the last few weeks. And think about all of the users who think your product is now crap because it was broken at various times over the last few months.

You owe all of those users some explanations. Not just a few apologies and comments scattered throughout message board threads. You and your staff have been pretty direct with your customers over the years, so again I'm very much in disbelief that clear statements about these various issues haven't been sent via email and splattered all over the front of the website.

It's pretty clear from your message that you disagree, but I'm pretty sure that there are a fair number of users who share my opinion. So please keep up the hard work, tell us all what happened, promise that it won't happen again, and we can move on to trying to win our leagues. 

It's pretty clear from your message that you disagree, but I'm pretty sure that there are a fair number of users who share my opinion. So please keep up the hard work, tell us all what happened, promise that it won't happen again, and we can move on to trying to win our leagues. 
Thanks. We'll try to do that. We'll definitely keep working hard. Again, what happened was we tried to implement something that wasn't quite ready. I'd love to promise we'll never make a mistake again but that would be foolish on my part. I think it's safe to say we learned some valuable lessons about new features for sure. And definitely I hope we can move on to trying to help folks win their leagues. Best to you in all of them.

J

Not working for me on Firefox.

Looks to be the current version of google chrome giving syncing issues.  Just did it fine on Firefox.
Hey guys,

Can you guys email your FBG info to apps@footballguys.com?  I'd like to know what might be causing this for you guys.  

FYI - There is a bug right now that we'll patch with our next release.  If you synced a league successfully and changed the league template afterwards, this will break the link between the leagues and just get timed out on future sync requests.  You will need go to Edit/Update Leagues to un-link and re-link the leagues and get them syncing properly again.

Mike 

Hi Houston,

J
That's all well and good Joe but the problem many people here are having is that the old MyFBG Classic isn't syncing. So yeah, the new roll out didn't work. You went back to the old MyFBG. But the old MyFBG isn't working either.

@Joe 8ryant

FWIW, I did e-mail regarding my league not syncing all players on the rosters and which players (Wil Lutz for one). The response I got?

"Will Lutz will need to be updated on my end. Sorry about that. I'll push a fix in tonight."

What exactly does that mean? So Wil Lutz will be updated? Does this mean I have to check my rosters every week to make sure they are synced and if not, I need to contact FBG and have them add the players?

That's all well and good Joe but the problem many people here are having is that the old MyFBG Classic isn't syncing. So yeah, the new roll out didn't work. You went back to the old MyFBG. But the old MyFBG isn't working either.

@Joe 8ryant

FWIW, I did e-mail regarding my league not syncing all players on the rosters and which players (Wil Lutz for one). The response I got?

"Will Lutz will need to be updated on my end. Sorry about that. I'll push a fix in tonight."

What exactly does that mean? So Wil Lutz will be updated? Does this mean I have to check my rosters every week to make sure they are synced and if not, I need to contact FBG and have them add the players?
Hey Jim,

Will Lutz is a known issue and needs to be added.  I try to stay on top of it, but occasionally you will see me slip up a bit.  99.9% of players are mapped correctly before the season starts and I have routines that check to see which players I still need to add since late signings do happen.

Sorry for the trouble though.  I will get this in tonight.

Mike

Hey Jim,

Will Lutz is a known issue and needs to be added.  I try to stay on top of it, but occasionally you will see me slip up a bit.  99.9% of players are mapped correctly before the season starts and I have routines that check to see which players I still need to add since late signings do happen.

Sorry for the trouble though.  I will get this in tonight.

Mike
Thank you for the clarification. So it was player specific. Good to know.

Thanks. We'll try to do that. We'll definitely keep working hard. Again, what happened was we tried to implement something that wasn't quite ready. I'd love to promise we'll never make a mistake again but that would be foolish on my part. I think it's safe to say we learned some valuable lessons about new features for sure. And definitely I hope we can move on to trying to help folks win their leagues. Best to you in all of them.

J
Of course you can't promise that future issues never happen. You sure could explain how this current batch happened or at least poke fun at your company for messing up August/Sept. 

The more responses I read, the more I think that FBG believes that all is fine and will be forgotten now that the season has started. Also a belief that the PR related to this mess was handled well. 

I'll ask directly this time: why no email/letter to all paid customers?

BradtheAg said:
Rosters still not syncing.  Un-####in-believable that I'm still dealing with this
Hey Brad,

Can you email us at apps@footballguys.com with your FBG email? I can take a closer look at why your rosters aren't syncing.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread