What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Philbin-Ace Head Coach...overall Philbin hate thread (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
So Philbin and the Miami Dolphins sent in a tape of the Ravens violating this new rule on FG attempts which should have resulted in a 15 yard penalty and Sturgis re-kicking it from 42 yards out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24122058/report-dolphins-turned-ravens-tape-in-to-nfl-for-fg-violation

You can see it was a clear violation so they opted to complain about it and the league was on high alert. Fast forward to the NE/NYJ contest and I think you see where this is going...

Miami is gonna get roasted this weekend, BB will make a special project out of this one and make sure the Miami Dolphins understand that he and the Patriots understand ALL the rules in the NFL including having the best set of bookend tackles to protect their QB instead of the swiss cheese and horse spit the Dolphins try to present. Does Miami know about any rules for winning championships? DOes Miami understand all the rules in how to run a front office?

Time to start getting critical of the Miami Dolphins coaching staff and their ineptness. Philbin was not on the top of the list for Miami, lot of coaches and even players have been avoiding this place despite an awesome environment for those with money down here. This really back fired and I think the Pats will send a strong message on Sunday and abuse the Phins in any way they can.

The honeymoon is over in Miami.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new rule all coaches understand, and one coach testing the enforcement of the rule. Nothing to see here.

Oh.........Miami wins this one.

:football:

A new rule all coaches understand, and one coach testing the enforcement of the rule. Nothing to see here.

Oh.........Miami wins this one.

:football:
Miami hasn't beaten NE since 09 - While I think this one is close, NE gets the win...

Belichick was asked on Monday where he got the notion of second-level players being part of the rule, and he said, "Because obviously we are wrong. What else is there to say? We're wrong."

Asked further if the rule was not properly articulated by the league, Belichick responded, "Look, it's our job to understand the rules. Whatever the bottom line is, we didn't do it properly. So what else is there to say?"

As much as Belichick said it's a coaching error, one question came as to whether Jones was simply acting on instinct, but again Belichick pointed the finger at himself and his staff.

"No. We have to coach him better. What he did was basically what he was being told to do. We just have to coach it better. That's not Chris Jones' fault."

Always fun to see Belichick outcoached. Rules were never a big deal to him.
BB and company is starting to lose their luster; sign AHern to a large deal and it turns out hes a murder, rush you star TE back from injury and he ends up needing 4 more surgeries, replace Wes Welker with a younger/injury prone clone and hes played what 2 or 3 games only so far, then for the amount of draft picks this team has had in the past couple of years they are anything but loaded. Also, what used to make the Patriot system work so well was bringing in old vets on their last wheels and making them look great one more time; I haven't seen them do that in years now.

BB was deemed a defensive genius but in the past couple of years that defensive has been anything but great, just avg IMO and considering the amount of draft picks he put in it thats not impressive.

So Philbin and the Miami Dolphins sent in a tape of the Ravens violating this new rule on FG attempts which should have resulted in a 15 yard penalty and Sturgis re-kicking it from 42 yards out.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24122058/report-dolphins-turned-ravens-tape-in-to-nfl-for-fg-violation

You can see it was a clear violation so they opted to complain about it and the league was on high alert. Fast forward to the NE/NYJ contest and I think you see where this is going...

Miami is gonna get roasted this weekend, BB will make a special project out of this one and make sure the Miami Dolphins understand that he and the Patriots understand ALL the rules in the NFL including having the best set of bookend tackles to protect their QB instead of the swiss cheese and horse spit the Dolphins try to present. Does Miami know about any rules for winning championships? DOes Miami understand all the rules in how to run a front office?

Time to start getting critical of the Miami Dolphins coaching staff and their ineptness. Philbin was not on the top of the list for Miami, lot of coaches and even players have been avoiding this place despite an awesome environment for those with money down here. This really back fired and I think the Pats will send a strong message on Sunday and abuse the Phins in any way they can.

The honeymoon is over in Miami.
Not sure where u going with this, coaches complain to the league office all the time. I give him credit for catching it and making the complaint. If the fins get roasted its because the Pats are upset that they are playing like poop poop and lost to their div rival whoes sporting a shinning new rookie.

I'm pretty sure rex ryan alerted the ref crew to watch for that on the kick -- so, he just outfoxed us on that one.

ryan is the butt of a lot of jokes, but he's given the pats plenty of trouble since he moved to the jets.

and I don't really think the pats are in a position to abuse any team in the league, right now.

I'm pretty sure rex ryan alerted the ref crew to watch for that on the kick -- so, he just outfoxed us on that one.

ryan is the butt of a lot of jokes, but he's given the pats plenty of trouble since he moved to the jets.
He's been coy about it this week on NYC sports talk radio, but I have little doubt he was whispering in the refs ears about it. Just doing his job though.

His hatred of the Pats is borderline obsessive.

Time to start getting critical of the Miami Dolphins coaching staff and their ineptness.
I don't know enough about the Dolphins or Philbin to say if this statement has merit, but I have to say, the reason you are citing is a huge reach. In fact, coaches are regularly in contact with the league regarding rules interpretation, why a certain call was made or not made, etc. All this incident tells me is that someone was watching film closely and noticed a rules violation, and alerted the league. So to me, that indicates good, thorough and competent coaching, not ineptness.As far as BB being pissed and making a project out of it to make Miami pay, well, he's a colossal #######, so you're probably right about that one. But if he blames Philbin for the loss to the Jets it's nothing but sour grapes because it was a correct interpretation of the rules.

Also, what used to make the Patriot system work so well was bringing in old vets on their last wheels and making them look great one more time; I haven't seen them do that in years now.
What about Chad Ochoc...um...Albert Haynes....umm....Jabar Gaff....uh...

yeah, I agree.

Also, what used to make the Patriot system work so well was bringing in old vets on their last wheels and making them look great one more time; I haven't seen them do that in years now.

yeah, I agree.
don't be hatin' on jabar gaffney -- that dude caught the game winning td in that baltimore game in 2007 with like a minute left to preserve the 16-0 season.

ps

they just signed andre carter --- if you don't know him, he's that old washed up guy that had 10 sacks for the pats a couple years ago.

yeah, I agree.
don't be hatin' on jabar gaffney -- that dude caught the game winning td in that baltimore game in 2007 with like a minute left to preserve the 16-0 season.

ps

they just signed andre carter --- if you don't know him, he's that old washed up guy that had 10 sacks for the pats a couple years ago.
Andre Carter? You mean the guy who had 14 sacks the prior 2 seasons before joining the Pats? Yeah, they really bought low on him :rolleyes:

And in case you didn't know, the Pats signed Gaffney much more recently than 2007. 1 year after a 68/947/5 season. He had as many catches that next season with the Pats as Haynesworth did.

Time to start getting critical of the Miami Dolphins coaching staff and their ineptness.
I don't know enough about the Dolphins or Philbin to say if this statement has merit, but I have to say, the reason you are citing is a huge reach. In fact, coaches are regularly in contact with the league regarding rules interpretation, why a certain call was made or not made, etc. All this incident tells me is that someone was watching film closely and noticed a rules violation, and alerted the league. So to me, that indicates good, thorough and competent coaching, not ineptness.As far as BB being pissed and making a project out of it to make Miami pay, well, he's a colossal #######, so you're probably right about that one. But if he blames Philbin for the loss to the Jets it's nothing but sour grapes because it was a correct interpretation of the rules.
They beat the Titans 59-0 a few years ago, maybe not that bad but Miami is gonna have their ### waxed this weekend. What's the spread?

On a side note for those that want to question my Authori-tie. I point to Philbin who heads a 30 minute weekly meeting on just the COIN FLIP and if they defer or not(This is 100% true, stake my log in on it) and you are going to tell me that instead of putting the better part of our team, the defense on the field and put pressure on Thad Lewis to perform right away in the spotlight to make him advance his team out of their own 20 yard line to start the game and likely set up good field position for THill...instead he opts to take the ball and then THill throws the pick 6. I can understand wanting the ball when you have Brees, Rodgers, Manning, but Ryan Tannehill? This is a prime example that this regime from top to bottom has no idea what they are doing, way in over their heads. I knew someone would point this out and feel pity for the coaches, actually glad it was you McGarnicle, I enjoy your posts immensely and appreciate you chiming in.

yeah, I agree.

ps

Andre Carter? You mean the guy who had 14 sacks the prior 2 seasons before joining the Pats? Yeah, they really bought low on him :rolleyes:
why did you reference his previous 2 seasons and not just his previous season?

that seems odd.......

What's the spread?

They beat the Titans 59-0 a few years ago, maybe not that bad but Miami is gonna have their ### waxed this weekend. What's the spread?

On a side note for those that want to question my Authori-tie. I point to Philbin who heads a 30 minute weekly meeting on just the COIN FLIP and if they defer or not(This is 100% true, stake my log in on it) and you are going to tell me that instead of putting the better part of our team, the defense on the field and put pressure on Thad Lewis to perform right away in the spotlight to make him advance his team out of their own 20 yard line to start the game and likely set up good field position for THill...instead he opts to take the ball and then THill throws the pick 6. I can understand wanting the ball when you have Brees, Rodgers, Manning, but Ryan Tannehill? This is a prime example that this regime from top to bottom has no idea what they are doing, way in over their heads. I knew someone would point this out and feel pity for the coaches, actually glad it was you McGarnicle, I enjoy your posts immensely and appreciate you chiming in.
http://www.vegas.com/gaming/sportsline/football/

6.5 - Even though they are 5-2, I am finding it harder and harder to trust them this year... Especially with the huge injury losses.

McGarnicles posts are great... Personally I'd like him to go #### with the woulda, shoulda, coulda guy again... He is advising sitting RG3 against Denver, prob the worst advice I have ever seen - http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=696212

yeah, I agree.

ps

Even if the failure rate of the old vets is high, it's still worth it. That's why they do so well.

Anyway, 42-17 Pats.

Honestly, I think he would get my vote for coach of the year. Has this team playing really well after one of the most distracting/ridiculous situations I can ever remember a team going thru mid-season. I did not think he had this in him. Surprised and very impressed.

Honestly, I think he would get my vote for coach of the year. Has this team playing really well after one of the most distracting/ridiculous situations I can ever remember a team going thru mid-season. I did not think he had this in him. Surprised and very impressed.
Yeah, I agree, I thought they were supposed to quit a few weeks ago. Quite the opposite apparently.

I still think Tannehill should be getting more TDs, but hey they're more than in it.

I hate this guy, something about him just makes you hate him... But honestly, he is doing a real good job this year, can't take that away from him

Getting ugly in south Florida. Everyone wants Philbin gone after a string of curious decisions this season. He's even getting it from inside the locker room.

Blowing a fourth quarter lead at home is never a feather in a coach’s cap and Sunday’s Dolphins loss to the Packers is no exception.

Miami started slowly on offense, allowing the Packers to be in position to steal the game in the final seconds on a touchdown pass to Andrew Quarless. Linebacker Phillip Wheeler was on Quarless and said after the game that the result was a result of a 50/50 split between bad coverage and bad play calling.

Dolphins coach Joe Philbin didn’t address that comment in Monday’s press conference, but he was more than willing to accept the blame for several other questionable decisions and put himself front and center on the firing line.

“I have to do a better job, first and foremost,” Philbin said, via ESPN.com. “I’m the head coach. We had a lead with four minutes to go. Like I said often, you win as a team and you lose as a team. We could have done better in all three phases, coaching as well.”

The nice thing for Philbin is that he’s sure to find plenty of takers willing to answer his request to assign blame for the loss in his direction. The not so nice thing is that people will only blame someone for so long before they decide that it is high time to find someone else to do his job.

Hey, when in doubt put it all on Tannehill's shoulders. You don't have the most effective back per rush in the league you tried to have A coming off injury Moreno take the bulk over.

Users who are viewing this thread