What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe T's Fantasy Football League- Joe T will pay all winners! (1 Viewer)

Well ####. I thought someone in this league was keeping it in their PayPal account or something. I didn't even know what Phenoms was.

He's getting slaughtered in the SP thread. With good reason; he's either a thief, or incredibly dumb. Too bad. Seemed like a good guy.

It's all good, fellas. I'll run the league next year. Go ahead and send me your league dues for next year. I'll put them away for safe keeping in my secret account.

We should go Yahoo next season, IMO. I used to make fun of it, but their software has improved tremendously over the past few years. And you can't beat the cost. I actually like it better than CBS, which my local leaguemates choose to keep paying for year after year, for some unknown reason.

We should go Yahoo next season, IMO. I used to make fun of it, but their software has improved tremendously over the past few years. And you can't beat the cost. I actually like it better than CBS, which my local leaguemates choose to keep paying for year after year, for some unknown reason.
I'm cool with that.

But you realize you'll still suck, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm cool with that.

But you realize you'll still suck, right?
I'm in the semis in 4 of my 5 leagues. Can't win 'em all.

Agreed 100pct

If I was Unlucky, I would really be pissed. He could be points leader and league champ. Just think of the money he will be out. :coffee:

Agreed 100pct
I'll play again next year; I'd like to see the league continue. Yahoo isn't bad anymore. I ran a free league over there this year and its interface is better, simpler, and the iPhone app is free and decent.

It's all good, fellas. I'll run the league next year. Go ahead and send me your league dues for next year. I'll put them away for safe keeping in my secret account.
That's a good idea, but just to be safe everyone should send me dues too so that we'll have a backup plan for paying out prizes in case you run off with the dough.

I hadn't opened this thread until now for a week or so, and I didn't read the Shark Pool thread.

Three years ago Unlucky asked us to use his website to run the league. He seemed like a nice guy, was vouched for by many people here and there was no reason not to trust him, but I did put it before the people who joined up and they agreed. Unlucky paid out promptly the first year and last year as well from what I understand. And now this.

There is no excuse for not paying out IMO. All monies paid into each league should be placed into separate funds. Obviously they were used for something else. I apologize to everyone in this league. If I could afford it, I'd pay the winners myself. This really sucks.

I hadn't opened this thread until now for a week or so, and I didn't read the Shark Pool thread.

Three years ago Unlucky asked us to use his website to run the league. He seemed like a nice guy, was vouched for by many people here and there was no reason not to trust him, but I did put it before the people who joined up and they agreed. Unlucky paid out promptly the first year and last year as well from what I understand. And now this.

There is no excuse for not paying out IMO. All monies paid into each league should be placed into separate funds. Obviously they were used for something else. I apologize to everyone in this league. If I could afford it, I'd pay the winners myself. This really sucks.
Anyone blaming you was pure shtick. No need to apologize. We all got in this knowing only what you knew and are equally at fault. Considering Unlucky could win a substantial percentage of the pool, perhaps there is a chance the others will be paid.

Yeah, there is no need to apologize. No one could have seen this coming. I've played at phenoms for 3-4 years now, and it was always handled in the most professional manner, and I always received my winnings pretty quickly. There was no reason to be apprehensive at all. I am still as stunned as anybody by this.

Anyone blaming you was pure shtick. No need to apologize. We all got in this knowing only what you knew and are equally at fault. Considering Unlucky could win a substantial percentage of the pool, perhaps there is a chance the others will be paid.
Nice thought, but I doubt it. This guy ran off with the scrilla.

Nice thought, but I doubt it. This guy ran off with the scrilla.
There are still morons in the SP who believe this 'web development' crap.

Tim,

Id love to pile on here, but don't have the heart. There's a lot wrong with this none of the wrong has to do with you

Ghost Rider said:
Yeah, there is no need to apologize. No one could have seen this coming. I've played at phenoms for 3-4 years now, and it was always handled in the most professional manner, and I always received my winnings pretty quickly. There was no reason to be apprehensive at all. I am still as stunned as anybody by this.
Actually everyone of these guys eventually goes belly up. If someone is going to take a profit to commish a league to begin with, your radar should be up.

This is all new to me. This league was the only internet league I've ever been involved in. My local league with friends has had 2 commissioners. I've been the commissioner the last several years. I collect the money during the draft, and pay it out after next week. We use ESPN, and I don't charge a fee. I don't keep the money in a separate account but my friends know I'm good for it.

So what is the safest way to handle this sort of league? LeagueSafe?

This is all new to me. This league was the only internet league I've ever been involved in. My local league with friends has had 2 commissioners. I've been the commissioner the last several years. I collect the money during the draft, and pay it out after next week. We use ESPN, and I don't charge a fee. I don't keep the money in a separate account but my friends know I'm good for it.

So what is the safest way to handle this sort of league? LeagueSafe?
Best way is to have a guy in your internet league that has some past credibility handing FBG money or paying FBG debts hold the funds (like FatUncleJerryBuss). Avoid anyone who does this sort of thing for income.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread