What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe T's Fantasy Football League- Joe T will pay all winners! (1 Viewer)

I'm wondering if he stepped into some legal doo-doo here if he doesn't pay out this leeg. Seems like this could be construed as a person gain, not just a corporate screw up.

For those of us getting shafted this year out of our prize money...should get our entree fee waived until it is paid.
Man, I hate to say this, but you're talking a yearly smaller pot and up to, what, 4-5 years of free entry.Unlucky seemed like a good guy, and I really hope he's telling the truth about making poor business decisions and going under. I won't fight either side of that argument. The bottom line is no one is getting paid.

My vote is we all eat our entry fee, try to keep the league going, and move forward with a fresh start.

I know I didn't win money, so maybe this is easy for me to say, but I've been scammed a few times and but sucks; all you can do is move past it. If I won $ this year, I wouldn't expect anyone else to pay my winnings, even if it was spread over time in entry fee credits.
I understand, however I also think we deserve our money. So perhaps something can be worked out. For example for starters we move to yahoo and the money we save goes toward this year's 2nd and 3rd winners. I would also suggest we eliminate the 3rd place prize, until things are paid off. In addition if this is not enough, I would be okay with a reduced entree to help keep payouts up.

I'm wondering if he stepped into some legal doo-doo here if he doesn't pay out this leeg. Seems like this could be construed as a person gain, not just a corporate screw up.
I just thought of him as a person. Did not know the connection to the website.

For those of us getting shafted this year out of our prize money...should get our entree fee waived until it is paid.
Man, I hate to say this, but you're talking a yearly smaller pot and up to, what, 4-5 years of free entry.Unlucky seemed like a good guy, and I really hope he's telling the truth about making poor business decisions and going under. I won't fight either side of that argument. The bottom line is no one is getting paid.

My vote is we all eat our entry fee, try to keep the league going, and move forward with a fresh start.

I know I didn't win money, so maybe this is easy for me to say, but I've been scammed a few times and but sucks; all you can do is move past it. If I won $ this year, I wouldn't expect anyone else to pay my winnings, even if it was spread over time in entry fee credits.
I understand, however I also think we deserve our money. So perhaps something can be worked out. For example for starters we move to yahoo and the money we save goes toward this year's 2nd and 3rd winners. I would also suggest we eliminate the 3rd place prize, until things are paid off. In addition if this is not enough, I would be okay with a reduced entree to help keep payouts up.
Hopefully you will get some of your money. The only issue with your plan is all that really accomplishes is to push this loss on to future winners by taking the money from that year's prize pool. I am really not sure what is fair, but everyone agreed to the setup we had this year and got burnt.

Neutral outsider here. The rest of the league doesn't owe you money. You have options:

1) Hire an attorney and sue Mike.

2) Track him down and collect in person.

Hopefully you will get some of your money. The only issue with your plan is all that really accomplishes is to push this loss on to future winners by taking the money from that year's prize pool. I am really not sure what is fair, but everyone agreed to the setup we had this year and got burnt.
Actually the only ones burnt are Pumpnick and I.

Here is what I propose..

Move to yahoo or any free site.

Next year --- Pumpnick and I get in free, which actually reduces the total owed to us at $330.

So, that means $1400 taken in.

Winner --- $600

2nd --- $300

3rd or pts leader $170

rikishiboy --$280

Humpback ---$50

This would clear the books in one year.

After this it would move to something like

Winner gets $700

2nd gets $400

3rd gets $200

Pts leader gets $300

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually the only ones burnt are Pumpnick and I.
If it were my league, I would propose a compromise. Give you $100 off next years entry fee and Pumpnick $50 off, and base the prize pool off of $1450. At least you would have gotten something for your season. You might still get $100 or so from the BK court depending on numerous twists. But expecting future winners to bear all of the lose is too much, especially if it was someone not involved in this years fiasco.

Rikishiboy I like you and I feel awful about what happened, but I don't think there should be any compromise and no concessions either. None of the players in this league outside of Unlucky bear any responsibility for your loss. Next year there's going to be at least one new person to replace Unlucky, possibly more if somebody else quits. We can't be saddled with previous debts. Each year the league has to start fresh. No free entry, no money from next year's league coming your way. That's my vote; sorry to be harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I propose..

Next year --- Pumpnick and I get in free, which actually reduces the total owed to us at $330.

Winner --- $600

2nd --- $300

3rd or pts leader $170

rikishiboy --$280

Humpback ---$50

Winner gets $700

2nd gets $400

3rd gets $200

Pts leader gets $300
As an outsider, please allow me to say.....

:lmao:

Here is what I propose..

Winner --- $600

2nd --- $300

3rd or pts leader $170

rikishiboy --$280

Humpback ---$50

Winner gets $700

2nd gets $400

3rd gets $200

Pts leader gets $300
As an outsider, please allow me to say..... :lmao:
Agreed. Let it go, guy.

I will be back next year....regardless of how this plays out. I do understand that nobody is at fault outside of unlucky, but I had to try....hopefully some miracle happens and he sends us our money.

:lmao: the league owes you nothing. The guy who stole it does.

Btw everybody in the league would quit if Tim went insane and implemented this rule.

If the league had my name on it, I'd make sure everyone was paid in full. But that's just me.
Thanks for the offer! Hey guys if we change the name of this league to Joe T's Fantasy Football League, he's agreed to pay everyone that is owed money. All in favor?

I will be back next year....regardless of how this plays out. I do understand that nobody is at fault outside of unlucky, but I had to try....hopefully some miracle happens and he sends us our money.
You had to try? Try what, to get your leaguemates to pay for somebody else's mistake? That's pretty messed up man. Why would you 'have' to try something like that?

:lmao: the league owes you nothing. The guy who stole it does.

Btw everybody in the league would quit if Tim went insane and implemented this rule.
I wouldn't. I think no fees for a couple years would be very fair.

Here is what I propose..

Winner --- $600

2nd --- $300

3rd or pts leader $170

rikishiboy --$280

Humpback ---$50

Winner gets $700

2nd gets $400

3rd gets $200

Pts leader gets $300