What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

johnny manziel immaturity. (1 Viewer)

If he gets a 1 out of 10 on the Social Maturity Test, any team that takes him is just asking for another Aaron Hernandez situation.

Johnny Football is a complete "Avoid".
This is quite sensationalistic, don't you think? Signing autographs and taunting the opposition don't exactly seem like precursors to serial homicide to me.
hes not using PCP or ordering the murder of people around him; plus I saw it as him taunting the system instead of just the opponent. Pretty amusing IMO.
How do you know? Ever heard of the saying "where there's smoke, there's fire?" There's a reason.
They're called "warning signs". Aaron Hernandez didn't murder anyone in college (that we know of for sure, yet) either. But teams still avoided him because the character issues showed what kind of person he is, really. And the same warning signs exist for Manziel.

Any team that drafts him is taking the same risk the Patriots have been criticized for.

Can someone explain to me what Johnny Manziel has done that's so bad? I get the autograph thing, not the best decision. As to the rest of it are we talking about him getting a flag for saying "scoreboard" when some guy tried to talk trash to him?

Can someone explain to me what Johnny Manziel has done that's so bad? I get the autograph thing, not the best decision. As to the rest of it are we talking about him getting a flag for saying "scoreboard" when some guy tried to talk trash to him?
Well most people on here know him personally and they say he's a spoiled punk.

If he gets a 1 out of 10 on the Social Maturity Test, any team that takes him is just asking for another Aaron Hernandez situation.

Johnny Football is a complete "Avoid".
One of the dumbest comments I have ever read at FBG...and I go back to the Ol' Yeller days...

Accepted thousands by hiding in a hotel room and signing autographs, despite knowing he was breaking the rules. Even asked if he was sure there were no cameras.

Walked into a frat p[arty at crosstown rival Texas University.

Got kicked out of the Manning quarterback camp for partying and not showing up in the morning.

Taunted multiple Rice (wow!!!!) players during the game Saturday. Including fake signing autographs and giving the mad money symbol.

Bumped into then totally blew off his head coach after getting the unsportsmanlike penalty.

If you can't see that this kid is a clueless, spoiled punk, then you just aren't paying attention.

In addition to what others have posted, there was this. And there's this story.

Does anyone else think that we see a lot of the behavior come out because of the attention that has become of Manziel and he has yet to learn how to handle the spot light and broadcast of what it's like to be #1? You get a new car and it gets keyed. You get tossed out of a party and the video goes viral. Probably can't take a piss at a bus stop without getting a kick in the ###.

I would guarantee that not only many of his teammates and other starting quarterbacks around the league do many of the same taunting material that he has already performed. You might not see it, and his taunting was caught on *ONE* day (lets remember this). It's a part of the game to get under your opponent's skin, to rile him up.

I would also like to guarantee that many starting quarterbacks have performed many of the acts that SSOG has listed for many teams already. However, why have you not already heard about it? Because you don't care. The quarterback does not play for a big name school, does not throw for 3 touchdowns a game or avg 200 yds and thus it is not on your radar. You would not care for it to wipe across your ESPN bottom screen update. ESPN sells stories just like anyone else, and if they can get you to watch and tune you in, they will sell you to Manziel. Tune in tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
His coach stated in substance that JM ignoring him, after what he said was the smartest thing that he could of done.

Users who are viewing this thread