What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jonas Gray (RB - New England) (1 Viewer)

Although it is a very dicey roll play week 11 when trying to make a push for the playoffs, I may be hitching my wagon to Mr. Jonas Gray at FLEX. New England is on the road at Indy versus a high flying offense. I could see them trying to establish a running game, grind it out on the ground and chew up clock and keep Luck on the sidelines. Sure Billy Belicheck could dial up all pass plays and Vereen could see all the snaps. Or Bolden could carry the load. Or White would carry the load. But when alternative options are just as dicey, revving up Jonas Gray may pay off.

Sometimes you just cant ignore that voice in your head:

Get Jonas active..
Nailed it. :thumbsup:

[SIZE=10.5pt]Although it is a very dicey roll play week 11 when trying to make a push for the playoffs, I may be hitching my wagon to Mr. Jonas Gray [/SIZE]at FLEX. New England is on the road at Indy versus a high flying offense. I could see them trying to establish a running game, grind it out on the ground and chew up clock and keep Luck on the sidelines. Sure Billy Belicheck could dial up all pass plays and Vereen could see all the snaps. Or Bolden could carry the load. Or White would carry the load. But when alternative options are just as dicey, revving up Jonas Gray may pay off. No one cares about my team, but I’m looking at very little in terms of appealing upside elsewhere - a gimpy Lamar Miller who saw limited snaps and was part of a 3 headed RBBC and is now coming off a short week, pick up a dime a dozen crap shoot WR4 type like Brian Hartline, or a TE2 type sitting around like Scott Chandler.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Sometimes you just can’t ignore that voice in your head:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Get Jonas active…..[/SIZE]
great call.

Shoulda picked this guy back up instead of Ball. Watch BB give him 5 carries next week though.
Yep. Thus chasing points. That's the headache you deal with when it comes to NE backs.

If you started him this week you got lucky. If you start him next week you'll probable get 2 points.

Shoulda picked this guy back up instead of Ball. Watch BB give him 5 carries next week though.
Yep. Thus chasing points. That's the headache you deal with when it comes to NE backs. If you started him this week you got lucky. If you start him next week you'll probable get 2 points.
Not luck. Pats start running the ball like this every year about this time. Started him this week with confidence and will start him next week as well.

Someone dropped this guy two weeks ago in my dynasty league and I picked him up. I have no idea what his value is going forward. Can we expect more of this going forward or is it more of just a function of this particular gameplan? I want to be really excited about his prospects going forward but somehow I'm just not... Does anyone else feel the same way?

Almost cut him this week. Wish I'd put him in the lineup instead of Crowell but at least I didn't cut him.

My hat is off to those who did start him. That was truly a shark move. Bravo.

His stats are good, but just as important is the positive eye-test. He is showing great one-cut, north-south ability. Gets low and takes full advantage of his size. Its getting cold and he looks like somebody who will be a big factor as we transition into the winter.

Someone dropped this guy two weeks ago in my dynasty league and I picked him up. I have no idea what his value is going forward. Can we expect more of this going forward or is it more of just a function of this particular gameplan? I want to be really excited about his prospects going forward but somehow I'm just not... Does anyone else feel the same way?
Did the same and he's on my bench tonight. I actually had him, dropped him on the bye since Gronk is my TE and didn't have room and then picked him back up this week. I think he's good vs softer run defenses and less predictable vs good ones.

Did the same and he's on my bench tonight. I actually had him, dropped him on the bye since Gronk is my TE and didn't have room and then picked him back up this week. I think he's good vs softer run defenses and less predictable vs good ones.
That seems about right especially given his 12 for 33 performance two weeks ago against Denver. I guess what I'm wondering is can we expect that he will continue to remain a large part of the Patriots game plan going forward? In most cases I would say his performance tonight has pretty much cemented his role but it's hard to know for sure with Belichick.

That seems about right especially given his 12 for 33 performance two weeks ago against Denver. I guess what I'm wondering is can we expect that he will continue to remain a large part of the Patriots game plan going forward? In most cases I would say his performance tonight has pretty much cemented his role but it's hard to know for sure with Belichick.
Ya, he's a better Blount.

Also can this guy just not catch? Or do they just not use him as a receiver since that is Vereen's role?

Looks great -- busting tackles all night long.

He'll have down games, but you could do worse as your RB2 and should be doing cartwheels if he's your RB3+.

I hope you guppies were listening when I called his 200+ yard 4 TD performance
Great call, and I was right there with you. I knew Belichik was going to pound the ball tonight. I couldn't believe nobody was on this. ESPN had him projected for 2.5 total points!!!

I almost started him today, I had Terrance West in but took him out when he wasn't starting to put in Gray. Then I switched during the 10 AM games to Davante Adams because I was losing big and thought Adams had a bigger chance of a blow up game while Gray's upside was limited in PPR.

Un freaking real.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Jonas Gray thread....for those of you in 64-team leagues.

I think we officially have a thread on every offensive player in the NFL.
This post probably seemed clever at the time.
You never know. Throw a chip down on an unknown guy in a good situation and see what happens. People that think they really know how things are going to turn out are kidding themselves.
It really wasn't all that lucky of a pick. The lead RB of the New England Patriots? In November and December? It had Boom written all over it.

dropped him for crowell this morning at 10:58. Oh, and dropped brady the week before he went off. You're welcome pats fans.

it will be funny next week when folks start him and he gets like 40 yards and no tds
He's chilling on my bench tonight. With my luck this is probably what will happen.

So what's the outlook for this guy? Is Vereen a forgotten man now?
Vereens the receiving back. He'll be on display next week vs Detroit. Gray will turn into a pumpkin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh.

Tried to pull Tate for him when I heard right before 1pm that Crowell was getting the start.

Will chase the points and start Gray next week.

... and yes, I'll keep y'all posted on my team.

The pats oline looked good but gray did a lot of damage once he hit the hole. Either that or Indy's run d is poor.

Picked him up in 2 leagues back when he was activated off practice squad.

Nice to see those 43.9 points sitting on 2 benches. Losses in both those leagues as well of course. Will be almost forced to start him next week, expecting a 12/36 star line. Point chasing indeed.

The pats oline looked good but gray did a lot of damage once he hit the hole. Either that or Indy's run d is poor.
Indy's run D is pretty bad. Plus they were missing Art Jones who has been solid for them this year.

Congrats to those that rolled the dice on Gray this week. Let's see if those "start with confidence" guys are as vocal next week.

Users who are viewing this thread